• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#331 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

ARMA is amazing though...

There are so many custom maps/campaigns and mods/addons for it...

There's one that lets you have an in-game version of the editor, too, so you can make whatever kind of scenarios you want. Or just let everyone buy whatever guns/vehicles/gear/aircraft they want and just screw around on any of the maps.

I think most people who haven't played it, see it as an overly complicated and potentially boring military sim. It can be, however, it isn't hard to pick up, and a lot of the more boring or anti-fun things about realism are toned down enough to be fun.

Also, A2:CO has been on sale for $20 at various places.. I, myself, got a copy via the steam trading thread. Well worth it! Or, if you don't have a great computer/don't mind slightly worse textures, you only have to buy Operation Arrowhead (the expansion - $20) to play DayZ. You do need Arma 2 Free (the Arma 2 demo on Steam), as well, though. Totally works.

The official site says User Mods is not included with Arma 2 Free...

http://www.arma2.com/free

I'll just wait for a sale on Steam or something this holiday.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#332 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

The official site says User Mods is not included with Arma 2 Free...

http://www.arma2.com/free

I'll just wait for a sale on Steam or something this holiday.

Yes, if you have JUST A2 Free, you can't play mods whatsoever. You can still play custom maps made for A2, though.

If you have A2: Operation Arrowhead (or Combined Arms) then you just copy over all the files from A2 Free into the Op Arrowhead folder, and load OA to play the game. From there on, you can play whatever mods or maps you desire.

I bought A2: CO from a fellow CAG, but since I already had A2 Free installed, I only installed the OA expansion and did this, and it works fine.

And on a side note...

Was playing this morning (after playing last night with Sporkis and Insidious) and was alone on the server.. Ran into one of the barracks, and found one of those weird standing corpses from a player. Looked like he was a hero, and had died to a zombie, or perhaps some terrible lag incident. And that's not even the weird part.

The man had two (!) LMGs on him (w/ a coyote back pack). An M249 equipped, and an MK 48 Mod 0 in his bag. Both with plenty of ammo, and tons of food. This guy had questionable intentions. :P
Steam: Rhett816

#333 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

^jealous of this guy. This game really is pretty great, and its cool to hear other peoples stories and experiences. I haven't been real hooked into a game like this in a very long time, I just want to play, and when I'm at work and school I just think about playing lol. I'm pretty sure I am in the area of Balota currently (have been since yesterday), so when I get home today I'm gonna try to round up some better supplies.

#334 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

So I can get Combined Operations for $23.00 at Gamefly thanks to their $20% off coupon. I think I'm going to do it...

#335 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Was playing this morning (after playing last night with Sporkis and Insidious) and was alone on the server.. Ran into one of the barracks, and found one of those weird standing corpses from a player. Looked like he was a hero, and had died to a zombie, or perhaps some terrible lag incident. And that's not even the weird part.

The man had two (!) LMGs on him (w/ a coyote back pack). An M249 equipped, and an MK 48 Mod 0 in his bag. Both with plenty of ammo, and tons of food. This guy had questionable intentions. :P

How the hell do you keep finding these things? When you find a tent you get two M4 SD & ghillie suits. When I find a tent I get a single Makarov mag. :lol:

I hate those standing corpses. I keep coming across them from blind corners. So my reaction every time is Fuck and I immediately open fire. Then I remember there's no one else on the server. Their creepy too, they always have a gun drawn and if you look closely their still breathing.

Hope to see everyone at the game tonight, been carrying around a couple camo suits for over a week now that I was saving to give away. Would have handed them out last night but a certain someone one-upped me with some ghillies. Which you know it's doing it's job when we keep losing sight of one another while running in the forest :lol:

#336 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

How the hell do you keep finding these things? When you find a tent you get two M4 SD & ghillie suits. When I find a tent I get a single Makarov mag. :lol:

I hate those standing corpses. I keep coming across them from blind corners. So my reaction every time is Fuck and I immediately open fire. Then I remember there's no one else on the server. Their creepy too, they always have a gun drawn and if you look closely their still breathing.

Hope to see everyone at the game tonight, been carrying around a couple camo suits for over a week now that I was saving to give away. Would have handed them out last night but a certain someone one-upped me with some ghillies. Which you know it's doing it's job when we keep losing sight of one another while running in the forest :lol:

Haha. I dunno. Usually not this lucky. I just spent a couple hours looking for tents + helicopter crashes and that tent is all I had found. I'm thinking the guy in the barracks should be dubbed 'Good Guy Greg' since he died in a commonly looted place, while totally decked out.

I'd gladly trade anyone in the group for a DMR, M107, M24 or AS50 though. (the MK48) -- I can do any role equally well, but I really desire a sniper rifle, and I'm not having luck finding one.

Also looking forward to playing tonight. :)

#337 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Ah man. Really wanna play witb you guys tonight. In supposed to be in class til 11 but I juat aces my quiz so I think I may leave early. If there's extra camo goin around I could definitely use one. I still haven't found another backpack so its been a real pain with the inventory so far. Found an AK 74 and 30 rounds but lost it when I picked up an AK(r or m or something)but now I have no ammo lol. I am near an airfield and hospital tents though so hopefully tonight I find some more stuff. Been alive foralmost two days now so that's a start.

#338 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

That was pretty fuckin cool yesterday, (aside from my girl wanting to kill me for using the voice chat while she was trying to sleep) thanks you guys for the LMG and Ghillie, and all the other instructions and everything. Was kinda hoping there'd be some bandits cause there was a fairly big group of us that were pretty much invisible so it woulda been a good first encounter. Hopefully when I come back today I have the bigger backpack instead of the smaller default one (last night after I put the ghillie on the pack said it was the default one, but it had all the spaces for the bigger one I had).

#339 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Anyone know of a way to get this game with Best Buy gift cards. I'm quite low on funds but I have a $50 GC to Best Buy. I don't see the game available for download on their site though. Also, is it confirmed that I can install the free edition of ArmA II and then buy Operation Arrowhead and I'll be set?

EDIT: according to this: http://www.dayzwiki....EE_.2B_ARMA2:OA

It appears there is a "lite" version of Operation Arrowhead that will ultimately let me play DayZ for free...just need to find a guide.

Guide for installing CO:L - http://community.bis...Operations_Lite

EDIT2: Still need to buy Operation Arrowhead, which is fine. The "Lite" version actually sounds better as it loads faster and takes up less space. I really don't care if the textures are lower-res.

Edited by SynGamer, 13 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#340 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

using arma 2 free with OA is a bit of a frankenbuild to a already glitchy game. Youre not gonna find many sales with OA standalone as CO is a few dollars more.

#341 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well, OA is $20 and CO is $30. I'm going to see if I can use my $50 BB GC to buy a VISA GC (if they sell them)...we'll see. If so, I can use the 20% off code and get it all for $23.99, but it all depends on being able to get that VISA GC at Best Buy.

#342 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

The bicycle trolling video is win

fs_overall.png

#343 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

Purchased a VISA gift card at Best Buy with a BB GC. The fee was $5.95, otherwise everything went smoothly. Bought CO on Gamefly for $23.99, currently downloading.

Edited by SynGamer, 13 September 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#344 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

updated the op. wish we couldve updated the title too though

#345 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Can I get an invite to the CAG Group? Steam = SynGamer.

EDIT: and a guide on the easiest way to install this mod?

Edited by SynGamer, 14 September 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#346 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

So...the dayz site appears to be down. I installed Play withSIX and see a server list but am not sure which one to join. I believe the actual mod still needs to be install...

#347 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

So...the dayz site appears to be down. I installed Play withSIX and see a server list but am not sure which one to join. I believe the actual mod still needs to be install...

DayZ Commander is probably the most popular launcher/updater at the moment. It can be easy to use (to download DayZ + patches) but it can also screw up, or even temporarily mess with your router while searching for games, so...

Here's a straightforward way to install it, manually, if you think you're up for it (I do it all manually, myself):

http://dayzmod.com/?Download <- Scroll down and grab the Manual Installation torrent for 1.7.2.6

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php <- While that's downloading, grab the latest beta patch (newest = one at the very top, in green -- the .ZIP) for Arma 2.

Feel free to extract the .zip and run the EXE, to patch up ARMA 2. Should take a minute tops.

The torrent might have put a @DayZ folder wherever you downloaded it. If it did not, put all of the files (.pbo and .bisign) into a folder called @DayZ, and put this @DayZ folder into your Program Files -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Common -> Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder.

Now, temporarily, all you need to do to play DayZ is go to your Operation Arrowhead -> Expansions -> beta folder, create a shortcut for Arma2oa.exe, open the shortcut via Properties, and then copy/paste these lines: (ASSUMING this is exactly how it looks for you, the default install, in C:\ drive with Windows 7)

For 'Target': "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA;@DayZ -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

For 'Start In': "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\"

Yes, slightly complicated, but it works. If you make a Steam shortcut, do the same thing (replace both lines in Properties), but link it to the original arma2oa.exe (either the beta one, or the one in the main folder, doesn't matter).

#348 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Ok...so I bought this off of Gamefly and installed it as a normal retail game, aka, NOT Steam. Should I uninstall Play withSIX?

EDIT: I have the beta patch installed. I'm going to assume I can follow your instructions and just ignore the Steam parts (file path-wise).

EDIT2: OK, so my install path for the DayZ files is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons <-- is this correct? Also, I just installed the latest beta patch and Commander is saying it can't find Arma 2: http://i.imgur.com/6eMCj.jpg

Edited by SynGamer, 14 September 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#349 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

So after you guys hooked it up with a Ghillie and LMG I was feeling pretty good and decided to play on my own today. Everything was goin smooth til it got dark, then i got attacked by a pair of zombies and shot them, which led to a big horde arriving and bashing me which made me faint, then i got mauled and killed by the zombies, so back to the drawing board lol. Whens the next CAG night?

#350 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Ok...so I bought this off of Gamefly and installed it as a normal retail game, aka, NOT Steam. Should I uninstall Play withSIX?

EDIT: I have the beta patch installed. I'm going to assume I can follow your instructions and just ignore the Steam parts (file path-wise).

EDIT2: OK, so my install path for the DayZ files is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons <-- is this correct? Also, I just installed the latest beta patch and Commander is saying it can't find Arma 2: http://i.imgur.com/6eMCj.jpg

Ah, I didn't anticipate a non-steam copy. You can change your ARMA 2 installation folder in the Settings tab on DayZ Commander.

@DayZ goes into your base Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder, not the Addons folder.

The shortcut suggestion I had before, still stands (create shortcut, and replace both lines appropriately, replacing Steam with whatever it installs under).

Edit: I guess this would be it (I dunno if you copied and pasted, or you aren't using Windows 7... if you are, make sure it says Program Files (x86) instead.):

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA;@DayZ -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Start In: "C:\Program Files(x86)\ARMA 2\"

Also, there is an in-game browser, which I recommend over using DayZ Commander. Just search for 1.7.2.6 in the filter, and you're good.

Edited by Rhett, 14 September 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#351 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

So after you guys hooked it up with a Ghillie and LMG I was feeling pretty good and decided to play on my own today. Everything was goin smooth til it got dark, then i got attacked by a pair of zombies and shot them, which led to a big horde arriving and bashing me which made me faint, then i got mauled and killed by the zombies, so back to the drawing board lol. Whens the next CAG night?

Well, usually on Wednesdays. But don't be scared to steam msg people in the group. I honestly don't play as much, but will definitely put my other games to the side to play with other CAGs on Day Z.

(This is Brentron for all you others).

test.gif

#352 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well, usually on Wednesdays. But don't be scared to steam msg people in the group. I honestly don't play as much, but will definitely put my other games to the side to play with other CAGs on Day Z.

(This is Brentron for all you others).

Yeah, i shoulda been smarter about it, but oh well. It was a good run. This has been my main game so far, but i just grabbed Diablo 3 and have B2 preordered so its gonna have to share time. My new computers getting a workout lol.

#353 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Alright, so after help from Rhett and option.iv I was finally able to get DayZ running, through Steam, in a customized window mode resolution. Details will follow below later tonight. Overall, it wasn't too complicated once Rhett figured it out.

EDIT: Step-by-step guide for installing a retail (in this case Gamefly digital) copy are below, this is assuming you purchased Arma 2: Combined Operations:

1. Download Arma 2 & Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

2. Install Arma 2 (I chose C:\Program Files\ as my base path)
--2a. Install Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead (same folder/path as Arma 2).

3. Download & Install Patch(es)
--3a. Download patch 1.50-1.60, and/or patch 1.60-1.62.
--3b. Install patch 1.50-1.60 first if necessary, otherwise install patch 1.60-1.62. Installing the patch(es) is easy, simply extract the .zip contents to a separate folder and then run the .exe to initial the patch process. The on-screen instructions will guide you the rest of the way.

4. Download & Install "Beta Patch"
--4a. Download the latest "Beta Patch". This will be the first .zip file at the top and will also be the largest build number.
--4b. Installing the patch is easy, simply extract the .zip contents to a separate folder and then run the .exe to initial the patch process. The on-screen instructions will guide you the rest of the way.

5. Download & Install DayZ (about damn time!)
--5a. Download the latest DayZ "Manual installation" build (scroll to the very bottom) from the official site. (You can also grab the torrent version which is below the manual installation section).
--5b. Installing the DayZ mod is easy, simply extract the .zip contents to a separate folder, and label this new folder "@DayZ" (no quotes). Inside the newly created "@DayZ" folder you will want to create another folder called "Addons" (if one doesn't already exist) and move ALL files into this new folder. Now you need to move the enter "@DayZ" folder to your Arma 2 installation. My path looks like this: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons" but yours may be different based on operating system and folder/drive setup. All that is important is "ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons".
--5c. Download & Install DayZ Commander to keep your DayZ mod up-to-date. Once DZC is installed, go to "install/update" at the top and click "install" next to DayZ mod (build #) if necessary. This step is optional. You can manually update DayZ should you choose to do so.

6. Add Game to Steam
--6a. Load Steam and go to Games >> Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, and then browse to your installation folder and select "arma2oa.exe". Steam will now add Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to your Steam Library (locally).
--6b. Find "ARMA 2 Combined Operations" in your library and then right-click and click Properties. Find the Target and replace what you see with the following:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA;@DayZ -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

(include quotes). Click Close when done.

7. PLAY
--7a. If all goes well, you can click "PLAY" in Steam and Arma 2 will launch. If it is a success, you should see a black screen with the DayZ logo, followed by DayZ in the top right corner once the game loads.
--7b. Click on Expansions on the main menu and make sure DayZ has a green box next to it. If it does not, click on @DayZ and click Enable. Otherwise click @DayZ and then click OK. You will return to the main menu where you can click Multiplayer and should be taken into the server screen. Pick a server and enjoy :)

*Note: You will need at least 25 GB of free space to install Arma 2: Combined Operations. 17 GB will be your final installed folder size, the extra 8-9 GB is for extracting files during installation.

Edited by SynGamer, 15 September 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#354 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, i shoulda been smarter about it, but oh well. It was a good run. This has been my main game so far, but i just grabbed Diablo 3 and have B2 preordered so its gonna have to share time. My new computers getting a workout lol.

Yeah you'll get better given time. I used to die from zombies a lot, now I hardly sweat them. You'll still get that occasional blind side out of nowhere zombie that breaks your leg or knocks you out, but asides from that they get pretty manageable usually.

I've been playing a lot the past couple of days and nights. I keep finding stanag sd ammo constantly the past few nights I have like 20 magas of it. By the time I use once clip I find three more, so I've been littering the area with zombie bodies on my quest to find a DMR or repairable helicopter. Maybe at some point I should consider using a tent despite the drawbacks.

#355 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

Fuck Fuck Fuck I've found a helicopter. Needs everything except the hull. Crap this is going to be hard.

#356 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Fuck Fuck Fuck I've found a helicopter. Needs everything except the hull. Crap this is going to be hard.

Dang.

I was playing with my brother, ran into some guys at the NW airfield, southern barracks... We didn't get to creep up too close before they took off on their dirt bike though.

Then my cousin joined, and shortly after some guy appeared out of nowhere (in a hero skin) and made a weird noise. They talked, and he seemed friendly... Supposedly the guy was "the owner of the server", but I really doubt it. The guy was at the very least using scripts... Spawned my cousin an ATV and some gear, I guess, and walked off/disappeared.

Then no more than 5-10 mins later, me and my brother are out in an open field when a bright blue van appears out of nowhere, near us. Guy gets out and says "Hey guys. I don't want this van any more. Help yourselves." -- was the same guy that talked with my cousin. Alfred J. Pennyworth. I highly doubt he was the owner, but at the very least, he was a "fun" or non-asshole-ish script user. We talked a little, and he walked off into the sunset and vanished. Both vehicles were fully repaired/gassed etc...

Drove and met up with cousin. We three went to Cherno. Heard gunshots. Drove to hide vehicles. Noticed guy in ghillie sorta running up to the hill (only like 6 people total on server) where we drove the vehicles to. I was behind a tree with my M24... I had to take the shot or he would have found us. He keeled over unconscious, and bled to death in the field. His friend, whom I didn't even know was there, was crawling up to the hill, nearby. My cousin popped him once in the skull...

I kinda feel bad for them, but oh well. Afterwards, we went to drive out of town and the van I was driving bumped into a roadblock (brother was AFK, in the passenger seat), and the engine died. I got out... vehicle caught on fire, and kicked my brother out of the car... He was unconscious and gushing blood. So yeah, wasted that van. ATV is okay at least... But yeah, eventful, haha.

#357 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Crap, I got enough of it repairable found a Main Rotary, Engine, scrap metal, and a few window glass even though you don't need it to get it flying. Everything except it wouldn't give me a freaking jerry can! I just needed one and I could do a few runs to the nearest fill up, but nooo. Hell I came across like a dozen Rotary and Engine parts but no Fuck JERRY CAN!!!........bastard game.

I'm too dam tired to continue :oldman: I get the feeling I just did a lot of work for someone. And to top it off I accidently fried my SVD Camo and a good amount of Stanag SD ammo in a fireplace when I forgot to take it out before I lit the match #-o

#358 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm liking these encounters you guys are describing. This thread can serve as some sort of Day Z diary for when you guys go solo. Feel free to leave out the hours of running through forests though.

test.gif

#359 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

I'm liking these encounters you guys are describing. This thread can serve as some sort of Day Z diary for when you guys go solo. Feel free to leave out the hours of running through forests though.

Dear diary,

Today, I ran.

I ran some more. I ran through a field. I was chased by a zombie. I ran by a pond. I ran into what I thought was a person in a ghillie suit, but it was a stump. I ran into what I thought was a helicopter crash, but it was a rock. I stopped for five minutes to squint at what I thought was a person, but it was also a rock. I ran for fifteen more minutes. I ran into the bushes and logged out.

#360 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Attempt #1

*Game loads server A* "Oh Fuck it's dark..." *Start pressing buttons* "Nothing..." *Pull up wiki for controls, see that I have to right-click to equip flashlight* *Press L* "Oh shit, zombies!" *RUN* *STILL RUNNING* "Can I attack with my bare hands?" *Nope*.

Attempt #2

*Game loads server B* "Shit, still dark. Screw this" *Disconnect*.

Attempt #3

*Chat with Rhett* "Blah blah blah, not sure what I'm doing, blah blah blah" *Game loads server C* "It says I'm in Kemanda" *Rhett says that's about 4.x miles away* "I see a dock and some houses...and a lot of zombies" *Rhett says it's probably best I die and respawn* "I'll run a bit, see if I can find anything" *It didn't go very well*.

Attempt #4

*Game loads server D* "Looks like I'm even further west than I was last time..." *Still chatting, Rhett says I can die and respawn again if I want* "No, I think I'll try running" *Runs* *Still running* "Oh look, zombies" *Starts zig-zagging* "I think I lost them" *Rhett says he has to go* "A bike?" *Gets on bike, rides for 5 minutes* *Zombies chasing, continues riding* "Looks like I lost them again..." *Nope* "Oh shit, this thing can't go up hills?" *Zombies still chasing* "Fuck this!" *Gets off bike and starts running* *More zig-zagging* *No zombies in site* "I think I'll just lay down behind this bush..." *Disconnect*

And thus concludes my first foray with DayZ.