DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#91 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hey someone add me to the CAG DayZ group pretty please.
Don't play alone!

http://steamcommunit...llo_of_the_dead

#92 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Only to have some bitch ass noob come up to me (i thought he might be friendly) and started to hatchet me. suffice to say, we both died. all that work gone because of some bitch ass noob.

This dam it. It happened to me last night. I died and spent three hours trying to get back to my body to recover my stuff since I had some good equipment on it, namely a Makarov and a mess of ammo. Along the way I found a compass, watch, map, a crossbow with a couple of bolts, and a Assault Backpack all of which was the first time I've ever saw them before. I finally got back to my body which still had everything on it, but before I could grab anything someone nailed me with a hatchet from behind and got into a hatchet fight which I ended up loosing :wall:Fuck!:wall:

#93 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

the iron sight on the makarov is horrible. ;_;

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#94 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

i hear there are maps online you can look at until you find your own in game

http://www.dayzdb.com/map

enjoy.

CGL: 2014
2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009

#95 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Had another mini-adventure last night. Me and my group went to the north airfield. Was clear for the most part, until we found a bus that was fully working and a jerry can nearby. We took it and drove it up and down the airstrip. Then one of us saw someone in the firestation. We then drove out of sight and dropped someone off in the back. Then as we drive to the front we hear our teammate fire a shot and the guy fall down. The guy was packing a lot of loot. If that bus belonged to that guy... I would feel for him. That would be a very bad day in DayZ.

Moral of the story, stay in a group.

Been having a blast in Day Z so far. At first the game is a little overwhelming and can seem long and tedious (especially running from town to town). But once you start to know your way around Chernarus (especially the southern areas Chernog and Elektro), the game becomes much more fun. So I would suggest looking at the map triple linked to and get a general sense of where you are using that and the text on the lower right when you spawn.

A couple tips:
Double tap NUM - and your 3rd person view changes further back. (Friend told me about this last night)
If you're stuck walking slow, either try right clicking (if you have a gun, you might be in iron sights mode) or double tapping Shift.
You run faster with less items.
If you have a map, you can make an on screen destination point by Shift + Left Click (hold)

Couple Ways to lose zombies:
Run into a building (run upstairs)
Swim through water
Esc > Abort > Disconnect > OK (when you spawn back, zombies are cleared from immediate area)
Get them stuck on trees or fences (hit or miss)
Get in a vehicle.

How I deal with others is usually with safety. For anyone we don't know, I call out friendly, but tell them to keep moving. You CANNOT trust a random person in this game (unless they're not armed). I mean, there are exceptions, but they are far and few in between.

Edited by BrentronD, 29 July 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#96 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

You can also just stand right beside the center of a pine tree to lose zombies as well. They will de-aggro and wander off.

#97 wckddudeman

wckddudeman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

And there is no way to tell if someone truly is unarmed, they could have a sidearm or could run to a nearby lootpile and have a weapon all of a sudden, then you begin the long run back.
Posted Image

#98 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just finished requiring my gear. Yesterday I was bleeding out about to die, so once I figured out where I was, I hid myself in forest underneath some pine trees. Logged back in today bleed out, respawned and made the long trek back. Got back to myself and successfully raided my corpse for everything, watch, waterbottles, and my sweet Glock 17 with a mess of ammo. Also got a plus by finding a M9 SD with more ammo. Currently carrying both with my Glock in my backpack since all the ammo I have is SD I figure I use it until I run out.

Oh triplehelix thanks for the link to that map, way better than the one I was using.

Now off to find a better backpack.:drool:

#99 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I don't play this game but I enjoy the Let's Play snippets that are more "goofy, lighthearted survival" and less "military sim squad-based PK deathmatch funtimes."

This is the kind of stuff I like. That's a genuine laugh right there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#100 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

all i found were cans of soda and bandages today. someone must have taken all the guns in the town. :(

#101 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Couple Ways to lose zombies:
Run into a building (run upstairs)
Swim through water
Esc > Abort > Disconnect > OK (when you spawn back, zombies are cleared from immediate area)
Get them stuck on trees or fences (hit or miss)
Get in a vehicle.

Do NOT swim away from zombies. Zombies can swim and will attack you in water. Also and more importantly you have a random chance to drop your gear while swimming. I've seen people loose everything they had (full inventory, weapons, and backpack) with a 2 minute swim.

You can however go back and pick up those items in the water where they dropped, trusting you can find them and Arma didn't "lose" them.

I'd also like to add bushes to the trees or fences, I find that the bushes work best out of the three (in 1.7.2.4 currently)

good luck.

#102 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sorta hoping WarZ has smoother movement (mapping?) for controller support. Keyboard and mouse is fluid, but I prefer to use a controller for shooters. Put a little time into the mod and have enjoyed my time.

#103 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I really want to try this. Damn my lack of money!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

Ugh, beware of some pretty nasty graphic bugs in the latest patch. I got crazy artifacting that made my game unplayable.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#105 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ugh, beware of some pretty nasty graphic bugs in the latest patch. I got crazy artifacting that made my game unplayable.

oh no, hopefully its updated soon
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#106 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

all i found were cans of soda and bandages today. someone must have taken all the guns in the town. :(

I was making a little pile of them in the woods. Sorry :mrgreen:

#107 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Sorta hoping WarZ has smoother movement (mapping?) for controller support. Keyboard and mouse is fluid, but I prefer to use a controller for shooters. Put a little time into the mod and have enjoyed my time.

I kinda hate myself for being excited for WarZ (I definitely don't buy that they were in development before DayZ was), but the game looks good and dare I say it appears to go beyond DayZ's scope.

Have not been playing DayZ as of late. Love the game, but dislike all the nuances. Every time you gain something new it's added stress ("I can't die now cause I have";RandomItem;"now so I gotta be more cautious"). Did any of CAG manage to get big group going in DayZ?

#108 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Did any of CAG manage to get big group going in DayZ?

not that I know of, ill send you a FR on steam. was hoping the steam group would be a get together, but to no avail.

If anyone else wants to group up, lemme know. Seems like this game not only needs some coop, but you need a big group, as it seems other players are forming huge clans now. And hopefully having a large party would relieve the stress, as we can guard your body until you respawn.

#109 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

not that I know of, ill send you a FR on steam. was hoping the steam group would be a get together, but to no avail.

If anyone else wants to group up, lemme know. Seems like this game not only needs some coop, but you need a big group, as it seems other players are forming huge clans now. And hopefully having a large party would relieve the stress, as we can guard your body until you respawn.

I've found larger groups tend to add to the stress. There's no real way to identify friend from foe so if you do spot someone you're more likely to hesitate so that you're not going to shoot one of your friends. That extra second or two of hesitation can cost you. I think a four person group is a good sweet spot though.

#110 triplehelix

triplehelix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Last time I was in a large group (6 of us) someone wasn't paying attention to myself stating which building I was exiting and shot me in the chest with an enfield. lost my alice + kobra + all essential gear because someone wasn't paying attention in teamspeak :/

#111 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

I be up to join in on some. So far I've been just playing alone just so I can get use to everything. Been avoid the cities and just hitting up small towns and deer stands. The only thing is I can't right now. Steam updated itself on me the other day and for some reason went to hell. It's forced me to do a clean reinstall, no back ups or anything. So I'm still in the process of re-downloading the games.

#112 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Had my first experience with hackers last night. Ran into a group of people at the airfield who had the AS50s with the thermal scope on it.
Later some guy spawned a truck right next to himself. A few minutes after the whole server was bombed and everyone died.
Pretty annoying since I was pretty geared out and go out of my way to stay alive and safe in this game.
I let the admin of the server know but I doubt anything will come of it.

#113 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I be up to join in on some. So far I've been just playing alone just so I can get use to everything. Been avoid the cities and just hitting up small towns and deer stands. The only thing is I can't right now. Steam updated itself on me the other day and for some reason went to hell. It's forced me to do a clean reinstall, no back ups or anything. So I'm still in the process of re-downloading the games.

not sure what your steam name is, but
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Decrot

I've been playing a female char lately and I swear, i survive 95% of encounters now.
I was rolling with 2 other guys last night, they spared me and we just hung around each other. 15 mins later I hear gunshots over a wall. I crawled under it to see the two guys dead and about 5 bodies littered about. only 1 guy was still alive and when he saw me, he totally spared me and i moved along.

Edited by shosh, 04 August 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#114 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

not sure what your steam name is, but
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Decrot

Mine is,
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sporkis00

I just got everything installed back in. Still making sure everything is running ok.

#115 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Been playing a lot of Arma 2 Free with my brother recently.. including a zombie map that required no mods... The more I played it, the more I realized how great of a game ARMA 2 is. Got the CO from a fellow CAG.

DayZ is awesome. It really appeals to my inner hoarder/loner. Pain in the ass trying to get to friends or people you want to play with, though.
Steam: Rhett816

#116 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Great games, Lunatic and Stallion. Sure got a bunch of loot. And better not trust me with a gun in real life, haha.

#117 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Looks like DayZ is confirmed to be it's own separate game now.

http://kotaku.com/59...standalone-game

I am excited because the mod will still be supported while this game gets made. Plus it's going to be fine tuned for DayZ and not just Arma II.
Posted Image

#118 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Great games, Lunatic and Stallion. Sure got a bunch of loot. And better not trust me with a gun in real life, haha.

LOL, that last part where there was a zombie behind me and i didn't know it. scared the living hell out of me. :cold:

#119 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Ok so what is your opinion on the best way to lose zombie aggro in the bushes? I had a hard time tonight losing zombies in the bushes.

Also found a crossbow tonight before I died. That is a sweet weapon, plus you can reuse the ammo.
Posted Image

#120 kijib

kijib

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Looks like DayZ is confirmed to be it's own separate game now.

http://kotaku.com/59...standalone-game

I am excited because the mod will still be supported while this game gets made. Plus it's going to be fine tuned for DayZ and not just Arma II.

exactly why I waited instead of buying combined ops, can't wait!