DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#121 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Looks like DayZ is confirmed to be it's own separate game now.

http://kotaku.com/59...standalone-game

I am excited because the mod will still be supported while this game gets made. Plus it's going to be fine tuned for DayZ and not just Arma II.

Read about that also, too bad it's not for consoles. Would sell like hot-cakes.

#122 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

I made out like a bandit last night. I got lucky and got a server all to myself for a couple of hours, and while it was night in game the lighting effect made everything look black and white, so I could see everything and barely be seen by zombies. So I got to go everywhere with no problem and got to raid some big cities and a airport. The server did have a couple of glitches where it didn't save some of my loot on me, I quit and rejoin a couple of times while I was trying to figure out where to go next.

In the end I ended up with a tent, binoculars, a map, compass, couple of bloodbags(wish they didn't require someone else to use) other medical stuff a fucking lot food & ammo. And finally got a new backpack in the form of a Alice. Unfortunately thanks to the glitches mentioned above I lost the CZ 550 I found little disappointed about that and the matches which makes those meat steaks I harvest a little hard to swallow:lol:

#123 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Alright, planning to have another Day Z night tonight at 7PST/10EST. Hop in the CAG DayZ Group chat around that time on Steam. Or just post in here, I'll keep my eye on the thread around that time.

#124 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If I had known this I would have brought my laptop home from work. Do you guys play Day Z often? I'd love to get in on this if possible.

#125 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Alright, planning to have another Day Z night tonight at 7PST/10EST. Hop in the CAG DayZ Group chat around that time on Steam. Or just post in here, I'll keep my eye on the thread around that time.

yea ill join, where are you at anyway?

#126 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Aww crap! WHERE ARE MY HEADPHONES?!?!?:lol:

#127 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Alright, had a really fun time tonight. Meeting up, running into the Cherno market only to get shot at, sneaking out the back and getting lost in the woods. Phew. I'll try to hold another night where we can get together (most likely Wednesday nights, get over that hump day).

#128 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

Wait, why not tomorrow?!

#129 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Alright, I'll try to hold another night tomorrow. I'll do it around the same time, and probably the same server US 1726

#130 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yessssssss. What time?

#131 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Alright, I'll try to hold another night tomorrow. I'll do it around the same time, and probably the same server US 1726

Yo,
I was the chick char playing last night. shouldn't you establish a meeting place in game to newcomers? especially when we're kinda far inland now.

#132 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'd be down to play tonight.
I just recently died (Hacker- [4th in a row]

Just tell me whereabouts to meet you guys.

Also, do you all use vent or teamspeak or something?

#133 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm currently wayyyyyy north near one of the airfields. Let me know where you guys want to meet so I can possibly start early if I have to and make my way down, that way people aren't waiting for me.

#134 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

we use steam voice chat; just join the group chat when it's around the time we play.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#135 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Argh I typed out a story earlier but it logged me out and didn't post it.

How many people play on CAG night? I play with two others and it's already hard enough both keeping track of eachother, much less keeping the loot fair/flowing. I mean, three people (or more), and that's a pure 100% more per-person of food/water/ammo/guns you need.
Steam: Rhett816

#136 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Argh I typed out a story earlier but it logged me out and didn't post it.

How many people play on CAG night? I play with two others and it's already hard enough both keeping track of eachother, much less keeping the loot fair/flowing. I mean, three people (or more), and that's a pure 100% more per-person of food/water/ammo/guns you need.

well playing last night, most of us were already pretty geared, all of us had some sort of gun and food/water. whatever needed to be consumed, more food/sodas are usually very easy to come by (personally my pack is stocked with consumables).

#137 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I think we'll be ok. We just have to be fair with one another.

#138 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm interested in playing. I don't have any friends that are into this and still need someone to show me the ropes a bit.

My experience so far has been me spawning, finding a pistol, then seeing another player who I hope isn't going to shoot me...then I die. I did manage to loot a body last night and ended up with an awesome silenced sniper. And the inventory system still confuses me.

**edit** I'll be on tonight around 7pm EST

#139 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm interested in playing. I don't have any friends that are into this and still need someone to show me the ropes a bit.

My experience so far has been me spawning, finding a pistol, then seeing another player who I hope isn't going to shoot me...then I die. I did manage to loot a body last night and ended up with an awesome silenced sniper. And the inventory system still confuses me.

**edit** I'll be on tonight around 7pm EST

A silenced sniper? That may be a hacked/script item... I dunno. Don't worry though, it's totally okay to use it. Just not to "create" it. Or maybe you mean a silenced M4, which is completely legit. Nice find, though!

If you don't manage to play with them, you can add me on steam and I can at least answer all your questions. I play with only two others... I dunno if I could enjoy playing with a big group. (Steam ID: Rhett816)

#140 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

This will be my first time actually playing in a group. I've been lone wolfing it thus far. It'll be interesting to see how I play with others...

#141 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Or maybe I'll just pretend like I'm going to, get the info on the meeting spot, slaughter everyone with my silenced MP5 and steal all your beans. :D

#142 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Or maybe I'll just pretend like I'm going to, get the info on the meeting spot, slaughter everyone with my silenced MP5 and steal all your beans. :D

And then there's that guy on the hill, following the group a ways back, just waiting to kill you (with his shiny sniper rifle). :lol:

#143 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ha, the silenced one? I'm not scurred.

#144 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

we haven't had problem with loot so far. pistols have been left on the loot pile, because everyone has a side arm already. we're having a lot of bad luck with backpacks though.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#145 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

So what time and where? Somebody has to be team leader here.

#146 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Count me in. That will be around 10 EST correct? Do we have a meeting place yet? Right now I'm in the market in Chernogorsk.

#147 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Before I forget, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. Is any one else having a problem with Day Z Commander lately? For some reason it does not work well with my wireless router in the fact it kills the internet most of the time when I use it. It's not a case of the commander hogging bandwidth, since when it happens it fails to ping any servers. It only happens when Day Z Commander is operating and tends to continue for a minute or so after it closes. Then everything is fine. For the record my computer is hooked to a direct line from the router so it isn't just the wireless signal. And I know it's the router because if I plug the computer directly into the modem(which is usually what I have to do) everything is fine. It's weird. It didn't do this until a couple of updates ago.

Second problem I'd encountered last night was it completely forgot game directories for everything for no reason. It suddenly stop working and highlighted the version button. When I clicked on it couldn't find the Arma II Beta or Day Z even though nothing changed. When I clicked on settings I noticed the directories where empty. I figured that was weird since nothing had been changed but I figure I simply add the locations back in and everything would be fine, except it wouldn't take them. I type them in, hit save, exit, go back into settings and they be blank again. The only way I could get it to work again was uninstall the commander, go through the computer and remove everything that it left behind, including the registry files. Verify the game files in steam, then reinstall commander and everything then worked fine. While I do prefer using Commander over the Six Installer, the dam thing just seems to like messing with me :lol:

#148 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'll hold another meeting tonight 7PST/10EST most likely on US 1726.

As for Day Z commander, the only problem I had was that it hung up once while downloading the ARMA 2 update. But after a quick restart of the client, the download went through just fine. Mine also is able to query the master server list and bring up all the servers just fine. From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any ports to forward for DayZ Commander, I assume it'd just be the default ports associated with ARMA 2. But with my router WRT54GL (with Tomato firmware), I didn't have to forward anything (UPnP is on, though I doubt ARMA uses that). Try uninstalling Day Z commander and reinstalling. But it really looks like you narrowed it down to a conflict between your router and either Day Z commander or Dayz/armaII

As for meeting place, we'll just call out where we spawn in and find somewhere in between. The group from last night all logged off west of Zelenogorsk.

note: I had to update ArmAII today through dayz commander, so some of you might want to do that before tonight.

#149 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Seems like it would be better if we meet west of Zelenogorsk since some of us are already there is it not? and some newcomers could just log in earlier and run over to the region so we don't have to spend an hour finding everyone.

#150 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'm just not sure how many of us from last night are attending tonight. Also, don't know if new comers know their way over to zeleno. I mean, we did get lost after all, haha.