• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

None of my RL friends are gamers. It sucks. :(

#242 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

So... the lesson of the day is: Don't keep frags in your main inventory and forget about them.

Me and my brother were at the NW airfield on a 20+ player server... Nobody was there, thankfully, so we moved out of there to get some water. I had an AS50 + a Bizon SD, and a ghillie. He had an L85 w/ thermal/NV + a CZ 550, and a "camo suit" (or whatever it's called). We run by a field and see a heli crash site... Of course we're too curious to leave it alone.

He stays on overwatch, and I crawl up to it. I get next to it and a hopper somehow manages to aggro across the field. No problem, as I have the Bizon... "Wait, it's on full-auto... I better switch it..." - hits 'F' key and tries to fire* - "Wait, wait... that's not my gun... why am I-" BOOM

So I died. Next to a heli. Full of gear. :P

Then my brother went over to take some of my gear, just in-case... As soon as he stops at my body, he gets knocked unconscious by a zombie. He wakes up and tries to get away, and gets knocked out again, proceeding to bleed to death.

This comes after we were so, so cautious and avoided other people for the most part. Luckily I managed to get back there and get the AS50 and the L85 back, and then he found another crash with an M249, so we're good... but yeah... hell if I'm carrying another grenade in my main inventory. :P
Steam: Rhett816

#243 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Again, if you want to join go here.

http://steamcommunit.../groups/cagdayz

Enter the chat room (around 7pst), ask for an invite.

#244 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ugh...I don't feel like unpacking my laptop.

Maybe tomorrow night.

#245 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

I kinda want to try playing with more people. Are you guys playing tonight? Should I get on the DayZ group chat at around 10PM EST tonight? I know I saw Droogs playing real late last night, but I dunno if the group played.

#246 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

there's usually someone playing; just jump in chat around 7pm pst or 10pm est.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911            

#247 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, I'm planning to host a night tonight. Just hop in the chat around 7PST/10EST.

#248 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

I am seriously getting sick of this I join a server and it doesn't load or it has unplayable lag. I spend literally about an hour trying to find a fucking server to play with no luck that didn't have over 10 people on it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#249 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Great night guys, lots of stuff happened. Best of all no one died!

BTW, DAT ASS.
Posted Image

#250 BerislavaKati

BerislavaKati

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Played it about an hour, and meet nothing, no zombies, no enemies, boring. Just trees and fields.

#251 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

that's one empty server that you were on. o.o

#252 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Great night guys, lots of stuff happened. Best of all no one died!

BTW, DAT ASS.

yea that was a pretty fun night,
especially when we stole that guys tractor and tried to run him over with his own vehicle. too bad that server crashed, which i suspect was his since it coincided with us trying to kill him.

Have a video of last night, too bad i didnt follow you guys into town

Edited by shosh, 16 August 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#253 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

So, I'm thinking of trying my hand at building a server for us to use on Dayz. I pretty much have all the parts, just need a ITX case with a power supply. I'll post back once I get it going.

#254 toolfan

toolfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

yea that was a pretty fun night,
especially when we stole that guys tractor and tried to run him over with his own vehicle. too bad that server crashed, which i suspect was his since it coincided with us trying to kill him.

Have a video of last night, too bad i didnt follow you guys into town

New Rule: Stallion must stay at least 50m away from any tractors.

#255 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

at least i didn't blow out the wheels if ya know what i mean. :P

#256 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Google street view of Chenarus. Pretty cooool.
http://imgur.com/a/tkH9L#1

#257 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Sweet Baby Jesus, I 'm freaking ecstatic right now! I made my way from where we ended after the group game wednesday night, all the way west to the big airport. Despite checking everywhere and nearly dying on more than one occasion. I didn't find anything special until I hit the last hanger. Then I found something to make the trip worth while a Coyote 24 Backpack. Yippie!:lol:

To top it off I also find a PDW, don't know whether to keep it or keep using the G17 I had. The only advantages the G17 has over it is the built in flashlight and it's supposedly quieter from some sources. Anyone got any opinions on which I should keep?

After that I figure I high tail it out of there and try to find some game to kill before I quit. Shortly after I find a cow, gut it, and ran up the hill to some tree line to find a place to cook it quick. Then on the other side of the tree line in an adjacent filed I spot my first crashed heli. No Gillie camo but I did find a DMR & L85A2 AWS!:drool:

Now I just need to learn how to shoot :lol:

#258 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Ok so I got a question. I spent about 30 mins trying to find a server tonight. Every server I went on, when I tried to join, I just got loading and it would freeze there. Any clue why it does this? I am playing on lower pop servers at the moment.

I quit after 30 mins of failure.
Posted Image

#259 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

SF, what is your setup?

#260 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I just broke my leg while crawling in a bush, wtf :-k.

#261 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just broke my leg while crawling in a bush, wtf :-k.

i just broke my leg trying to open a door, passed out and died. wtf, i just lost all my stuff because of a god damn door.

#262 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Fuck! Had a L85A2 AWS with a thermal scope for about one minute. The second I try to put it in my backpack...bam, gone. Fuck this game so hard.

#263 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Fuck! Had a L85A2 AWS with a thermal scope for about one minute. The second I try to put it in my backpack...bam, gone. Fuck this game so hard.

If you put an item in your backpack that doesn't fit it will be deleted.

You guys should watch out for trees too. I've gone prone near one only to have apparently bashed my skull against it and die.

#264 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ugh, murdered two guys in the tower at the airfield. I really hate doing shit like that, but what choice do I have? I suspect they probably would have taken me out.

#265 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

You guys should watch out for trees too. I've gone prone near one only to have apparently bashed my skull against it and die.

Yeah, whats up with going prone lately? Half the time when I tell it to my character runs forward a few steps and slams himself into the ground. Happens even if I wasn't moving at the time. Combine that with standing up for no apparent reason to say hi to a bunch of zombies and other things. It's like they want the characters to have suicidal tendencies or something.:lol:

Oh and does anyone have a good server suggestion to try and hide a tent on? I find trying to jumble two rifles is annoying, added in the extra space ammo takes up.

#266 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Randomly in the woods you can find two trees that are right on top of each other. If you manage to place the tent in the right spot it's friggin invisible.

But with the rampant hacking at the moment it doesn't matter how well you hide your tents- they will be found. In my opinion anyway.

And as of the last patch, many servers have not been saving tents and vehicles correctly so it's probably not worth putting up a tent until they fix that.

#267 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

All these shitty things, while I'm sure suck if it happens to you, sound amazingly hilarious I'm not going to lie haha, I know about DayZ and all that but never played it and it sounds like all it does is troll the players.

fs_overall.png

#268 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Woohoo. Was running through towns looking for a ghillie suit, but instead stumbled upon some loaded tents (looked legit) with a couple ghillies. I didn't grab a second one but I can swing by if someone really wants one (in the CAG group). I'm down by Elektro now though, and the camp was up north. Me and my bro were people-watching. Oh, you silly chain-suiciders.

We actually saw two (!) vehicles! One big cargo truck which was being driven, and an unmanned tractor.

#269 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Wow, wonderful. I log in, right as I log in, game says I somehow die, but I go to the character screen as usual and all my fucking gear is gone.

Great, I lost all my gear which included an AKM, and a Crossbow in storage in my 20 slot bag.
Posted Image

#270 BrentronD

BrentronD

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Great games tonight guys, had tons of fun. First time flying in a chopper for me. Go teamwork!