Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Prototype 2 $29.99 - Tuesday 5/29

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#181 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm torn on Prototype 2. I've got a $10.00 credit from Max Payne 3, but I haven't heard much in the way of praise for Prototype 2.

And those lightning deals suck. I had to do it. I'm sorry.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#182 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm torn on Prototype 2. I've got a $10.00 credit from Max Payne 3, but I haven't heard much in the way of praise for Prototype 2.

Its much better than the first game IMHO.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#183 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I can't remember the last time I snagged one of those "video game" lightning deals... It seems that since Black Friday all my video game purchases came from Best Buy or Newegg.

#184 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Prototype 2 isn't a bad game. It can occupy your time if you look to do 100% of the side missions and such but it isn't very challenging. Also there is a new game plus mode that lets your port over all of your advancements/skills while letting you scale the difficulty to higher settings. I think I managed to beat the game on new game plus in less than a day though.

#185 argyle

argyle

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

I would wait until under $10. The story mode it pitifully short(under 3 hours) and most of the challenges have you go back over the same areas from the story mode just to unlock more characters.

From what I've seen of it, it's basically Dynasty Warriors set in the Bleach universe, right? If that's the case, the story is *always* short in those games because just playing through it once isn't really the point. But maybe this is different and I've misunderstood what the game is about.
Posted Image

#186 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I still wonder why NIS changed the Bleach game's name to Soul Resurreccion, Soul Ignition was so much better sounding. And also why they changed the SID intro song to some generic instrumental that kinda sounds like the SID song towards the end. You'd expect better from a company like NIS that specializes in localizing Japanese games.

I might bite on it at $20 or less though, but after seeing gameplay videos it looks to be the tenkaichi of Bleach games, I'm a bit worried.

I find it extremely addicting and fun. It's a Dynasty Warriors type game, mindless action. I found the leveling up system interesting. The gameplay is basically the same for the entire game, but each character has their own style. If you wanted to Platinum it, it would probably take 100+ hours. I bought it for $35 and I think $20 or less would be a great price, if you're a Bleach fan.

#187 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

This is what google search yielded:

6:00 AM PDT – Enjoy exercise with the entire family on the Nintendo Wii!
Cyberbike for the Nintendo Wii
8:00 AM PDT – 24 action-packed mini-adventures that will get the whole family moving with jungle, western, underwater, flying and snow themes
Active Life: Explorer With Mat
10:00 AM PDT – Enter the cocoon
Final Fantasy XIII-2
12:00 PM PDT – Created for the serious blade-fight enthusiast, nothing replicates the adrenaline-inducing arcade experience better than the Arcade FightStick
Mad Catz SoulCalibur V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition
2:00 PM PDT – Attempt to single-handedly destroy an army of monsters and evil spirits in this free-roaming cel-shaded action/adventure!
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion
4:00 PM PDT – Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
6:00 PM PDT – This limited edition RPG bundle is a true collector’s item for the PS3!
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Edition
8:00 PM PDT – The definitive headset for gamers seeking amazing game sound, crystal-clear communication and enhanced comfort  all at an unmatched value
Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound

#188 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

yep i googled those too ;) good stuff.
i might bite on proto 2 for 30 free shipping no tax and flip back for 25. $5 2 week rental? idk
i know it will get cheaper but...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#189 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

yep i googled those too ;) good stuff.
i might bite on proto 2 for 30 free shipping no tax and flip back for 25. $5 2 week rental? idk
i know it will get cheaper but...

hey if you can beat it before next week ends, bb's 200% TIV boost might be good

#190 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'm interested in Bleach, but I have a bad feeling that it'll show up at the "Lightning Price" of $24.99 (a whopping $5 off :roll:). :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#191 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm going to keep clutching my three leaf clover, magic cat foot, horse hoof and pot of silver that the cocoon hint is still for Tales of Graces F and not FF XIII-2

523546.png

#192 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks!

This is what google search yielded:

6:00 AM PDT – Enjoy exercise with the entire family on the Nintendo Wii!
Cyberbike for the Nintendo Wii
8:00 AM PDT – 24 action-packed mini-adventures that will get the whole family moving with jungle, western, underwater, flying and snow themes
Active Life: Explorer With Mat
10:00 AM PDT – Enter the cocoon
Final Fantasy XIII-2
12:00 PM PDT – Created for the serious blade-fight enthusiast, nothing replicates the adrenaline-inducing arcade experience better than the Arcade FightStick
Mad Catz SoulCalibur V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition
2:00 PM PDT – Attempt to single-handedly destroy an army of monsters and evil spirits in this free-roaming cel-shaded action/adventure!
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion
4:00 PM PDT – Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
6:00 PM PDT – This limited edition RPG bundle is a true collector’s item for the PS3!
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Edition
8:00 PM PDT – The definitive headset for gamers seeking amazing game sound, crystal-clear communication and enhanced comfort  all at an unmatched value
Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound

#193 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

The X12s are great headsets! I love mine!

ach.png

#194 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thinking about getting Prototype 2. Which platform should I pick? X360 or PS3? Any known issues with either platform?

#195 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thinking about getting Prototype 2. Which platform should I pick? X360 or PS3? Any known issues with either platform?

According to The Digital Foundry (See my sig) the Playstation 3 version is the one to get.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#196 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Disgaea 4 could be a good deal. It is currently listed as $39, and I don't think the premium edition has been lower.
Posted Image

#197 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Was hoping to see kingdoms of amalur fall to 19.99. I refuse to pay a lot for a game whose developers won't see a cent since all their employees were fired...

#198 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

If D4 hits $30, I'll bite... seen this at $40 twice now... c'mon Amazon!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#199 Drahken

Drahken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

I just bought Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten about a week ago, sigh

#200 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Awesome deal, just picked it up at about 22 dollars after tax and free super saver shipping, I used the $10 gc promo from amazons livingsocial (I think?) deal of the day to turn $5 to $10 awhile back. and made sure to charge the rest to my playstation credit card by capital one to earn me some bonus points for stuff hopefully. can't pass up $30 (I thought it was only going to $40 at BB and stuff), when it's still $60 other places.

#201 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

According to The Digital Foundry (See my sig) the Playstation 3 version is the one to get.

Thanks for the link!

#202 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Now I'm thinking should I get Prototype 2 from Amazon for $30, or should I try to get Walmart to PM Bestbuy and get Prototype 2, which includes code to download the first Prototype, for about $44 after tax.

Does the first Prototype worth $14?

#203 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Was hoping to see kingdoms of amalur fall to 19.99. I refuse to pay a lot for a game whose developers won't see a cent since all their employees were fired...

You could do it for the residents of Rhode Island...
Posted Image

#204 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Now I'm thinking should I get Prototype 2 from Amazon for $30, or should I try to get Walmart to PM Bestbuy and get Prototype 2, which includes code to download the first Prototype, for about $44 after tax.

Does the first Prototype worth $14?

There's no story in Prototype, the controls are a bit wonky, and the final boss battle is frustrating as hell. That said, I'd spend fifteen dollars to get it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#205 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Final Fantasy XIII-2 $21.99. Bleh
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#206 solidsmooky

solidsmooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

i got FF13-2 for 12 bucks! Muahahaha.. What a steal.

#207 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

I wonder what the limited edition rpg is hope it isn't skyrim already have it

#208 solidsmooky

solidsmooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's Disgaea 4. It was posted last page

#209 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

I can't believe they sold out on Active Life Explorer. I didn't want it, I'm just surprised that many people did.

#210 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

And the Tenkaichi of Bleach games is without a doubt, Bleach Heat the Soul. It's a Japan Only game but if you watched the anime, you will be right at home with the last game they made (HtS 7 - yes, they made seven frickin' games).

When I said Tenkaichi , I meant that in a bad way. Those Tenkaichi games with the behind the back view are complete garbage to me. I only like the Dimps DBZ games like Budokai 3 and Burst Limit. And I'm very well aware of the Heat the Soul games, they're more like the Dimps DBZ games than Tenkaichi, which is probably why I like them despite their low frame rate.

ostzsk.jpg