Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Prototype 2 $29.99 - Tuesday 5/29

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#211 Demise_Angel

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I ended buying FF-XIII 2 but probably wont play it for like a year or so. Cant go much lower, $22. Just want to avoid the greatest hits red version.

#212 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

FF XIII-2 sigh still very expensive, im hoping for below 20... i guess i wait for the goty version =(

#213 daminion

daminion

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I can't believe they sold out on Active Life Explorer. I didn't want it, I'm just surprised that many people did.

I bought it. $10 to entertain the kids for a few hours this summer when I need to get something done is well worth it.

#214 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm still gonna hold off for a cheap CE on FFXIII-2. Amazon has so many of those things, they're bound to get cheap eventually.

ostzsk.jpg

#215 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hopefully the WoW Cataclysm expansion is under $20, since if you live near a Fry's, you can get it for that (unfortunately the online seems to be sold out now).

#216 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I paid $15 after gamer coupon for FF13 at BBY. I'm surprised so many people missed that deal when it was live...

#217 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

really tempted for FF XIII-2 but after i see the DLC prices and it could get very pricey even if the game cost 10 :/ sigh i really need to wait for a goty version sdfdsf patience patience....

http://finalfantasy....oadable_Content

#218 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I paid $15 after gamer coupon for FF13 at BBY. I'm surprised so many people missed that deal when it was live...

If you had a sub to the mag it was definitely a better deal, but for most people they needed to shell out 5 bucks for the mag not to mention tax and in the end it probably came very close to $22; the same as this deal.

ostzsk.jpg

#219 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

really tempted for FF XIII-2 but after i see the DLC prices and it could get very pricey even if the game cost 10 :/ sigh i really need to wait for a goty version sdfdsf patience patience....

I'm not sure they would do a GOTY version of this. Still if you haven't gotten it yet and you have patience it might be worth sticking it out the holidays to see if there is a GOTY version and if not i see this as a $10 game somewhere for black friday. At the very least it will be 19.99 msrp within a couple months.

#220 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm not sure they would do a GOTY version of this. Still if you haven't gotten it yet and you have patience it might be worth sticking it out the holidays to see if there is a GOTY version and if not i see this as a $10 game somewhere for black friday. At the very least it will be 19.99 msrp within a couple months.

they dont do goty for final fantasy games...

#221 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Well they didn't do DLC for Final Fantasy games before either until this one and I guess if you count Dissidia 12 Duodecim or whatever it is called

523546.png

#222 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for that link, I just had a look, taken from the wiki page:

The combined cost of all DLC is 5440 MSP, or about $67 for PS3.

Wow. Just wow. Absolutely insane how badly S-E is milking that game's DLC. :roll:

Edit: Since I doubt that game will win any actual "Game of the Year Awards" they would just call it, "FFXIII-2 Complete Edition or Ultimate Edition".

#223 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

There's never been a FF game with so much DLC before. A "goty" or "complete" edition seems entirely possible.
edit: woah, slow typing lol.

#224 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

If you had a sub to the mag it was definitely a better deal, but for most people they needed to shell out 5 bucks for the mag not to mention tax and in the end it probably came very close to $22; the same as this deal.

Except I combined it with the cheap Batman: Arkham City as well. Those who could find Mass Effect 2 for cheap also got a great deal.
Posted Image

#225 cogxsum

cogxsum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hi, Happy Birthday to You! I have some PS Vita Games for Sale if you're interested. Please feel free to contact me.

#226 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

There's no story in Prototype, the controls are a bit wonky, and the final boss battle is frustrating as hell. That said, I'd spend fifteen dollars to get it.

Ended up picking it up from Walmart for $40 after PM to BB. Both Prototype 1 & 2 for $40+tax. Not too bad.

#227 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

In case anyone is wondering, most of that $70 of Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC is costumes and individual weapons-- just fun cosmetic stuff for fans of the game, nothing that could be considered necessary to have a complete experience. And the Colosseum fights are mostly endgame superboss type stuff, that you would only be remotely interested in after you had done ALL of the other content in the game.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#228 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Well they didn't do DLC for Final Fantasy games before either until this one and I guess if you count Dissidia 12 Duodecim or whatever it is called

goty is usually for games that sell a crapload and will continue to sell, and thus there is more incentive, ff 13-2, doubt it sold like other goty games like me series, red dead, etc. plus squaresoft is not really known to put out "goty" games. it may not be worth it, as most people have waited to buy this version at this low of a cost...whats the incentive of putting out a 50 dollar goty version and then eventually having to sell their stock back at 20?

#229 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

goty is usually for games that sell a crapload and will continue to sell, and thus there is more incentive, ff 13-2, doubt it sold like other goty games like me series, red dead, etc. plus squaresoft is not really known to put out "goty" games. it may not be worth it, as most people have waited to buy this version at this low of a cost...whats the incentive of putting out a 50 dollar goty version and then eventually having to sell their stock back at 20?

I'm just thinking they have to get revenue somewhere, with the bomb that was FF14 and FF13-2 in itself an attemp to milk the FF13 cow, I'm thinking a FF13-2 GOTY maybe their last chance to milk the FF13 train once all the DLC is done for it.

Then their next FF installment/next big high profile release.

#230 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

The main point was already made that there has yet to be a FF game with DLC to even warrant a GOTY edition precendence. I don't think Square would do one just because its not their style but don't think they wouldn't because of low sales or not meeting certain criteria.

Example - Dead Island GOTY edition.

#231 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

So, I guess the next deal will be Bleach: Resurrection? I guess I''ll go mow the lawn then.
Let's go O's!

#232 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

i am hoping for a sale on saints row the third, I can't believe that game still hasn't been on sale below $50

What rock have you been living under ? I can think of quite a few sales, I picked mine up back in December during a B2G1 @ Bestbuy, 3 copies for $87.xx. keep an eye on the Deals Forum, it'll pop up.

#233 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

What rock have you been living under ? I can think of quite a few sales, I picked mine up back in December during a B2G1 @ Bestbuy, 3 copies for $87.xx. keep an eye on the Deals Forum, it'll pop up.

I too have been waiting on a deal for SR3. I must be under the same rock because the only deal I can recall was the $9.99 clearance at TRU for the platinum edition or whatever one came with the headphones, only to find that there were zero TRU's in anyone's area that carried that edition.

Maybe I just didn't take notice to the game until after these deals you speak of.
Posted Image

#234 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

well, I was hoping to see it drop below $20, but still nothing at that price range. the game is being almost half a year

#235 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

damn that cheap already....man i can hope by the end of july this game will drop below $20.

archer+kenny+loggins.gif

#236 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wow horrible deal on that fight stick.

#237 Number 905

Number 905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

$5 off a Bleach game.

Bravo.

#238 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

wow $5 off on Bleach...
I would have gotten it for sure if it was $10 off but $5?? iono if I should get it...

#239 sultangaming

sultangaming

I woke up early for this?!?! 5 bucks?!

Firepowerr.png

#240 argyle

argyle

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wow, a whole $4.77 off the regular price of Bleach? Way to cut deep, Amazon! :roll:
Posted Image