$15.99-19.99 Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

In for 360. I wanted this when it was first announced but no way I was spending $100+. But now I have to get rid of my used 360 copy that I bought months ago.
Let's go O's!

#32 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

For anyone who wants free shipping and has a .edu e-mail address, just sign up for Student Amazon Prime. http://www.amazon.co...ent/signup/info

I'm going to pick up the PC version just to hold on to. I got the PS3 version for $6.99 from GF.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

In for 360. I wanted this when it was first announced but no way I was spending $100+. But now I have to get rid of my used 360 copy that I bought months ago.

could have just bought the PC version then and saved $4. :P

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#34 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

For anyone who wants free shipping and has a .edu e-mail address, just sign up for Student Amazon Prime. http://www.amazon.co...ent/signup/info

I'm going to pick up the PC version just to hold on to. I got the PS3 version for $6.99 from GF.

I bought the PC version to hold onto for a few years. Let's take a gamble to see if the value of an unopened copy of this crap game lasts. :)
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#35 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Keep in mind that you have to check to make sure Prime will cover all your shipping costs in your particular region. If you sign up for Prime and it doesn't cover free shipping to Hawaii. for example, it turns out to be a worse deal than having no Prime. That is why the University of Hawaii students were in an uproar some time back.

#36 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'm such a sucker.

Are you saying . . .

You're a sucker for balls of steel.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#37 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

As god awful as this game is, the CE is actually not bad.

I paid $8 or so and it was totally worth more than that. Quality on the CE "add-ons" is pretty good for the price, I'm slowly building a poker chip set from these CEs :P. The duke bust is a fun little conversation starter at work, it seems basically everyone who worked in IT in the 90s knows the duke!

#38 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Paid $5 for the PS3 version....had incredibly low expectations for the game....and STILL felt ripped off. Yeah, it's that awful.

#39 kerbacious

kerbacious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

Meh, ordered a 360 version. Why not? Still a better game than ninja gaiden 3.

Hahah nice

#40 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

I bought the PC version to hold onto for a few years. Let's take a gamble to see if the value of an unopened copy of this crap game lasts.

I ended up getting two. :P One to hold on to and the other to open so I can display some more game memorabilia in my office. Even though I didn't care for the game so much the items that come with this package are pretty cool, especially if you are an old school Duke Nukem fan.

Keep in mind that you have to check to make sure Prime will cover all your shipping costs in your particular region. If you sign up for Prime and it doesn't cover free shipping to Hawaii. for example, it turns out to be a worse deal than having no Prime. That is why the University of Hawaii students were in an uproar some time back.

Thanks for that information, I wasn't aware of that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

679 pc versions left.

#42 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

679 pc versions left.

Where does it tell how many are left? I see people mentioning that, but I've never seen where it tells unless it is down to like 15.

#43 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Where does it tell how many are left? I see people mentioning that, but I've never seen where it tells unless it is down to like 15.

add one to your cart. Then edit the quantity to 999 and update the cart.

If it is a 'no limit' item, it will show the actual count.

Since the xbox version is limit 3, you can no do this trick on that version.

#44 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Thanks, the Xbox version was the one I wanted to know about... so oh well. Still, this trick will come in handy in the future. I was just holding off on ordering for a couple days because I thought I might be able to bundle another game with it for FSSS, but it looks like I'll just have to add batteries or something.

#45 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

This is just too much swag to pass on at $16, the book alone might go for this much under different circumstances. I guess the fact that I actually finished the 360 version and didn't totally hate it sweetens the deal.

BTW, I love how this plus the guide puts you at two cents under FSSS.

#46 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Am I the only person who LIKES this game?? Then again I grew up playing early 90s PC shooters as a teen.

Had the 360 version, but had to but the PC CE at this price!

#47 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

And quit complaining about free shipping and just get Amazon Prime! SO worth it. Especially since you get tons of free streaming TV and movies on PS3 with it.

#48 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Honestly, I don't think I order enough from Amazon to take advantage of Prime. And when I do order from them, it's usually no problem to find something I really want that gets me up to free shipping (in this case Showcase Presents: The Spectre, which I've been holding out for and put me @ $25.50).

#49 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

And quit complaining about free shipping and just get Amazon Prime! SO worth it. Especially since you get tons of free streaming TV and movies on PS3 with it.

love amazon prime 8-)
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#50 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

You now get the streaming on your 360 too. I might go ahead and take my trial now. I was saving it for later.. but I'd like to check out hte streaming on Xbox.

#51 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

The vast majority of streamable movies and shows, including anything recent, are not free to stream with prime. Just fyi.

#52 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

8 copies left for 360, get it now if you want it.

#53 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just wondering if this thing doesn't sell (PC 609) will it get hit with another price cut. Would love to snag it for $10.

#54 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

Just wondering if this thing doesn't sell (PC 609) will it get hit with another price cut. Would love to snag it for $10.

If gamestop does then sure. Amazon matching gs for this most likely.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#55 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

bought a 360 one, anyone know how much Gamestop gives you for the used regular version?

#56 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

I got the PC version so I can have the CE stuff. Already have my PS3 copy.

#57 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

Crap......waited too long. 360 is now OOS from Amazon.
Posted Image

#58 Sonic9jct

Sonic9jct

Killed His Fairy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

You now get the streaming on your 360 too. I might go ahead and take my trial now. I was saving it for later.. but I'd like to check out hte streaming on Xbox.

If I'm correct, you don't get the option of streaming when using a free Prime account of any sort.

#59 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Am I the only person who LIKES this game?? Then again I grew up playing early 90s PC shooters as a teen.

Had the 360 version, but had to but the PC CE at this price!

I loved DNF as well. But we are a different breed of gamer.

If you grew up playing the 90s pc shooters, like DN3D, you watched this game be made for 13-14 years.

The truth is if you knew what to expect from the game, you enjoyed it. Randy (gearbox) specifically bought this game so he could release it to the world. He even referred to it as a greasy hamburger... Thats because he just wanted the game to be released after all the years of changes, money lost etc etc. To me its more of a piece of gaming history. When you are playing it you realize that. And if you are a fan of Duke, you cant help but smile the whole time listening to his old school one liners.

Its a game that feels like 2002 but that was the point. And when you beat the game you unlock all those videos about the games history and development process. Makes you appreciate it even more.

So if you took DNF for what it was, a quick modern Duke romp and a piece of game history, then chances are you enjoyed it.

But to me I could have simply bought it for Multiplayer alone. I put over 50 hours into the Mplayer on Xbox 360. It played like an old school FPS with Dukematch. It was fantastic. Great maps and simply just awesome to play Duke with updated gun models and graphics. Even the most nostalgic Duke fans should have enjoyed that. I literally just stopped playing the Mplayer a couple months back after almost a whole years worth.

Put those singleplayer charm and the surprising multiplayer, it was my guilty pleasure game of the year.

The reality is Gearbox grabbed the game to release as a piece of history... and now that they own the Duke Nukem rights, then go nuts making a real, good, fleshed out Duke title.

#60 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

As for this deal finally a price point to pick it up at. Didnt realize GS has the 360 version for 19.99. Will be heading there tomorrow. Would like one of these to keep sealed.