Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/27/12 to 6/2/12)

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I bought ACII Deluxe last summer on PSN for $10, but I haven't played it at all since it wouldn't recognize my 20+ hour disc game save. Might just skip it and pick Revelations up.

DLC for II is fun, but its not essential to the story or a "can't miss" experience. Finish your disc save, or at least watch the final sequence on YouTube. The Subject 16 puzzles and end are important if you want to follow the meta-story.

#62 mbergh22

mbergh22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

wow prototype 2 on sale again??? Its a really good game. I bought it a couple weeks ago when it was on sale last time.

#63 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

For the sake of the great story (and great gameplay of course) dont skip part 2 as Its too important !

DLC for II is fun, but its not essential to the story or a "can't miss" experience. Finish your disc save, or at least watch the final sequence on YouTube. The Subject 16 puzzles and end are important if you want to follow the meta-story.

The problem is, I traded in my ACII physical copy when I bought the PSN version, before I knew I couldn't access my existing save. It goes against my CAG-blood to have two copies of the game, so I guess I'll just read up on the plot and watch what story sequences I can.

#64 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I wonder if BB will put any of the ORC SE version on sale.

Might burn some BB credit on it.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#65 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

anyone know how long bb will hold a "pick up at store" order? thinking of buying ac-r online now and not picking up until after sunday so i can use my coupon. instead of going to the store now and doing the return/rebuy later. saves me an extra trip to the store.

#66 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

anyone know how long bb will hold a "pick up at store" order? thinking of buying ac-r online now and not picking up until after sunday so i can use my coupon. instead of going to the store now and doing the return/rebuy later. saves me an extra trip to the store.

Store pick-up orders are canceled after seven days.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#67 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

Store pick-up orders are canceled after seven days.

great, I'll order it now and do the return/rebuy when i pickup. thanks Scorch.

#68 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Get this paper ad today, and here are the deals:

Skylanders Starter Pack :ps3::360::wii::3ds: $44.99

Skylanders single character pack $9.99

Buy Max Payne 3
:ps3::360: ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers :ps3::360: ($59.99) Get one of these games $19.99:

SSX :ps3::360:
Mass Effect 3 :ps3::360:
Prototype 2 :ps3::360:

Just Dance 2 :wii: $19.99

Just Dance 3
:wii: $19.99

#69 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

That MP3 deal looks pretty interesting.

#70 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

That MP3 deal looks pretty interesting.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say:

Buy Max Payne 3 ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99) Get one of these games for $19.99:

I had to re-read it several times, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

I guess MP3/Prototype 2 for $80 isn't all that bad of a deal, but I think ME3 or SSX should be acquirable for $20 in just a couple months.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#71 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Oh man got my hopes up. I read that as SSX for $19.99. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat

#72 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say:

Buy Max Payne 3 ($59.99) or Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers ($59.99) Get one of these games for $19.99:

I had to re-read it several times, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

I guess MP3/Prototype 2 for $80 isn't all that bad of a deal, but I think ME3 or SSX should be acquirable for $20 in just a couple months.

i think every body knew what he was talking about without adding the word "FOR" not realy a brain teaser.

#73 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Not a bad deal. Max Payne and Ghost Recon FS are both fun games.

#74 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hmmmmmm I ordered Prototype 2 online a week or week and a half ago for $60, does that "If the price changes before 30 days" offer good on orders placed online?

I know it's good for in store purchases but since online orders/stores always differ from their retail store for some reason, I'd be curious to know

#75 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

Since when were Skylanders Single Character Packs @ $9.99 worth mentioning? Isn't that the new MSRP already for most places now? I hope this doesn't mean there's a further price hike on them in the future.

Anyways, definitely good news about the Skylanders Starter Packs @ $44.99 though. That is only slightly more than I paid for my starter sets in the past and I've been having a blast.

#76 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Since when were Skylanders Single Character Packs @ $9.99 worth mentioning? Isn't that the new MSRP already for most places now? I hope this doesn't mean there's a further price hike on them in the future.

Anyways, definitely good news about the Skylanders Starter Packs @ $44.99 though. That is only slightly more than I paid for my starter sets in the past and I've been having a blast.

The current MSRP for singles seems to be $8.99, Toys R Us was $9.99 even when most places were $7.99. Even GameStop has been $9.99 for awhile. I think only KMart is still $7.99. Walmart & Target is now $8.97 & $8.99 respectively.

#77 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hmmmmmm I ordered Prototype 2 online a week or week and a half ago for $60, does that "If the price changes before 30 days" offer good on orders placed online?

I know it's good for in store purchases but since online orders/stores always differ from their retail store for some reason, I'd be curious to know

I think the PM policy still applies, but even if it doesn't, you could always just buy a $40 copy in-store and return it with your $60 online receipt/print-out so it would effectively be the same thing anyway.

#78 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

i think every body knew what he was talking about without adding the word "FOR" not realy a brain teaser.

My bad. I stumbled over it (maybe I'm just slow) so thought I'd mention it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#79 TheCrimsonDevil

TheCrimsonDevil

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey, I just talked to our customer service rep (I work at Best Buy in gaming, woo woo!) and she said that you can get the difference in-store. You'll "return" your game for the original price, then "rebuy" your own copy for the sale price. You'll need your e-mail recipt to do it. Of course, YMMV, but you can also do it through 1-800-BESTBUY if you want.

Hope this helps!

#80 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

whats the trade in value at gamestop or even bestbuy for this? i have the game (unopened still) and see some people talking about trading it in for profit. Id think GS would give less than 10 bucks

#81 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

@sdcranford: I was saying $9.99 shouldn't be an advertised special, that's already on the high end for Skylanders.

The Toys R Us, Target, and Gamestop stores in my area have all shifted to the $9.99/$24.99 pricing.

Walmart, nearby has them for $8.96 and K-Mart near me has them for $7.99, but hasn't been restocked with any new figures for a long while now, same singles are there every week, Drobot, Sonic Boom, Whirlwind, and Bash.

#82 TheCrimsonDevil

TheCrimsonDevil

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

whats the trade in value at gamestop or even bestbuy for this? i have the game (unopened still) and see some people talking about trading it in for profit. Id think GS would give less than 10 bucks

The trade in credit for Prototype 2?

At best buy it's 21 for both systems, plus the 50% bonus, so 31.50.

33.60 with GCU (That's the acronym you guys use for Gamer's Club Unlocked, right?)

#83 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

great, I'll order it now and do the return/rebuy when i pickup. thanks Scorch.

You can't do a return/price adjustment when you pick up an online order. The system prevents any returns for an hour or so.

#84 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

^

Yup. You'd be better off picking it up a day early and then going the next day to fix it.

#85 dealquest

dealquest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Pretty great deal on the Mass Effect 3. I might have to bite on this one :) Posted Image

#86 joe lee

joe lee

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Anyone have the P11's? Any good? I know cheapest was $30 at Toys R Us beginning of the year.

#87 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I picked up a copy of Ass. Rev. today, since I was nearby anyway.
They only had a couple of copies left, so this will save me from having to go early on Sunday. I'll just do the price adjustment sometime next week when I'm back that way.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on this.

#88 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

the Max Payne 3/Ghost Recon deal would be good 2 years ago or unless you already have credit there but it's just a general sale rehash. $40 sale price each basically which can be had w/i the 1st 3 weeks of release for any title that's come out. Now if it was 2 for $70 good deal.

I'm more than happy to wait for MP3 to go on sale for $40 so I can get my $20 cash back. And when Ghost Recon goes on sale for $40 hopefully I'll have my $20 credit so I can pm it then use the credit to get it for $20 OOP.

#89 narec

narec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

You can't do a return/price adjustment when you pick up an online order. The system prevents any returns for an hour or so.

^

Yup. You'd be better off picking it up a day early and then going the next day to fix it.

dang that's really lame, oh well not a huge deal. at least I assured a copy for myself. hmm, if there's a copy available on the shelf then it'll be easier for me to buy it in store with coupon and then just let my pickup cancel itself.

#90 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

this covers all locations?
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air