Photo
- - - - -

Do you think "Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest" will rise in price after release?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#31 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

If anything, I'd say the CE will probably end up like every other U.S. one, where the soundtracks and what not are digital downloads and the artbooks are piddily lil pamphlet sized nothings. The only ones I can think of in recent memory that were decent were the Skyrim CE, Bioshock 2 CE(and Bioshock 1 CE) and the GTA IV Special Edition. Otherwise it seems like U.S. publishers throw some slips of paper for downloads into a bigger box with maybe a chintzy looking 'statue'(that's plastic) and call it a day.

If I'm paying over $100 for a CE, this thing better have some girth to it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#32 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

thinking maybe something changed with what was going to be included?? it is pretty odd all the retailers shut down preorders for it at the same time seems like makes me think they must have gotten some kind of letter from the publisher to take it down for some reason

They may have under-guessed supply from the demand they thought a $150 package would be received for Borderlands 2. It's not Halo, Gears, COD or any of the "bigger" franchises out there, so they may have sent out a "stop taking pre-orders until we figure out supply for launch" notice to Amazon, BBy and GS. Hopefully it'll get fixed in the next couple/few weeks, at least for more preorders to be taken.

You're right. I'm surprised by that too... I'm also surprised that darksiders 2 CE has been OOS for so long as well.

Out of all of the really limited CE packages out there, there's only a few of them that really were available for preorder and disappeared pretty quickly, these are the only ones that come to mind with this short pre-order window:
Mass Effect 1 LCE
Bioshock 1 CE
Dead Space 1 CE (EA.com-only ordering)
Assassin's Creed III Europe-only LE/LCE releases (names of those are escaping me at the moment)
Mirror's Edge CE (EA.com-only ordering)

I'm sure I'm missing a few, though even some of the more recent ones that are hard to find post-launch, like Diablo III CE, they had order windows something larger than 10 days.

#33 newonetime

newonetime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

We need a second run to screw over asshats like that trying to sell preorders 3.5 months in advance.

Not to spite you, or anyone else, but I hope they don't produce more. I'd love to have a decent collectible from a game I like. Sure, I want to re-sell it, but not for a few years. It's always nice to add a rare game to your collection, and I always miss out on them. Although, if they do, hopefully it won't be a very big run. If they go for a second run though, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again soon after release. I'd probably lose all hope in the actual collectability of the set.

Oh, and I also hate people like that. :evil:

Edit: I just read that some Gamestop outlets are still taking pre-orders, if anyone is will willing to drive to one. So there's still hope, if you really want it.

You can still buy it here, as well: http://www.buy.com/p.../232097874.html

Edited by newonetime, 01 June 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#34 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Not to spite you, or anyone else, but I hope they don't produce more. I'd love to have a decent collectible from a game I like. Sure, I want to re-sell it, but not for a few years. It's always nice to add a rare game to your collection, and I always miss out on them. Although, if they do, hopefully it won't be a very big run. If they go for a second run though, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again soon after release. I'd probably lose all hope in the actual collectability of the set.

Oh, and I also hate people like that. :evil:

Edit: I just read that some Gamestop outlets are still taking pre-orders, if anyone is will willing to drive to one. So there's still hope, if you really want it.

You can still buy it here, as well: http://www.buy.com/p.../232097874.html

I wouldn't pre-order anything from Buy.com, especially something with limited supply. Guaranteed to be disappointed.

I'd like one myself, though obviously, that's not going to get them to make more. I'm sure it is a temporary hold while they re-evaluate supply versus demand on it, as there's more than enough time to get more produced before shipment on release day.

#35 newonetime

newonetime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Here's the jackass of the day: http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2582wt_1270

He's selling at 2.7 times the retail price, a few months before release. My mistake, that's for the bidding portion, not the BIN. I can understand trying to make some money by buying intelligently, but this is just a flat out scam. Even his shipping is marked up.

#36 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

It depends on how limited of a release they make. If its like Halo, then the limited edition will be meaningless because they will be mass produced like the regular version and will be heavily abundant. If they are actually a limited run and will not be produced anymore after a certain point (like the Mass Effect CEs) then they will go up in value if other limited run CEs are an indicator. That is just my 2 cents though...

I know the muffin man!

#37 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I wouldn't pre-order anything from Buy.com, especially something with limited supply. Guaranteed to be disappointed.

I'd like one myself, though obviously, that's not going to get them to make more. I'm sure it is a temporary hold while they re-evaluate supply versus demand on it, as there's more than enough time to get more produced before shipment on release day.

Even if you did preorder it, you would likely get it in shit condition. My friend ordered 2x copies of :360: ME3 CE (one for him, one for his GF) from Buy.com and they shipped both games in a box with no padding. They both arrived in pretty fucked up condition (one had a damage steel case, the other one had a dented corner on the outer box making it unusable to hold everything).

Of course, since the game was sold out, he had return them for a refund.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#38 Lexicon

Lexicon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Here's the jackass of the day: http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2582wt_1270

He's selling at 2.7 times the retail price, a few months before release. My mistake, that's for the bidding portion, not the BIN. I can understand trying to make some money by buying intelligently, but this is just a flat out scam. Even his shipping is marked up.

You should report him, Ebay presale policy is you can only sell a preorder item 30 days before release, so they will pull it down. Looks like he has quite a few other listings for stuff coming out as far away as November.

#39 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

already gone from amazon, so that should be a hint that it is not that common

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#40 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

already gone from amazon, so that should be a hint that it is not that common

Yea, it only stayed in the GameStop system for about 10 days before it was taken out. Good thing I pre-ordered mine just incase I ever want it. (Never played the first one)

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#41 newonetime

newonetime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm fine with people selling them, after the product is produced and sold, not months beforehand. Not only is it against the rules of the site, it's unethical and stupid. Go ahead and list, but don't be surprised if your listing gets removed due to reports, or trolled. I've seen both happen already. Most posts don't last more than two days. Wait until you actually have the product in your hand. Otherwise, you're nothing but a glorified scam artist.

Edited by shrike4242, 05 June 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#42 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm fine with people selling them, after the product is produced and sold, not months beforehand. Not only is it against the rules of the site, it's unethical and stupid. Go ahead and list, but don't be surprised if your listing gets removed due to reports, or trolled. I've seen both happen already. Most posts don't last more than two days. Wait until you actually have the product in your hand. Otherwise, you're nothing but a glorified scam artist.

Nope. You can list 30 days prior to release per eBay's policy on preorders.

Personally I wouldn't list something more then 7 days in advance and certainly not if the item was preordered from an unreliable site like Buy.com

#43 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

MW3 hardened editions "sold out" very quickly too and they pop up cheap every now and then still.

#44 newonetime

newonetime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Nope. You can list 30 days prior to release per eBay's policy on preorders.

Personally I wouldn't list something more then 7 days in advance and certainly not if the item was preordered from an unreliable site like Buy.com

Regardless, it's far more than 30 days before release, and there's many people listing. They're being removed though, which is good. At least eBay isn't keeping a blind eye to it. Nonetheless, selling an item you don't have, to me, is nothing more than a scam. How could you expect a person to pay, with no refund, for an item you can't guarantee, in any way? You're merely forwarding a product, for an outlandish price. It can't be considered a collectible until it has been released, and is established as such. Anyway, if people want to pay, and they end up getting the short end of the stick, I suppose that's on them. I just know I would never pay for something, only to find out it was damaged during shipping, and is impossible to replace. Or that it turned out to not be a collectible at all. There's always going to be that small group who go out of their way to cheat others, and those who enable them, and have too much money to spend. I'm fine with that. I just don't like people listing before it has been released. That's just wrong, to me.

#45 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

I can see the value rising now

http://m.kotaku.com/...andy-pitchford-
Posted Image

#46 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

The prices on ebay are all over the price completed listings show $200-500 and active ones top $1500

#47 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Anyway, I'm thinking that I'm going to try and do the same thing that I did with the Skyrim Collector's Edition. Preorder the regular edition wherever has the best deal (I really want the bonus character class), then trade in my regular edition down the road and pick up the ULC edition at a discount.

You're an idiot.

#48 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Sold out everywhere! It's the end of the world!

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#49 newonetime

newonetime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

The prices on ebay are all over the price completed listings show $200-500 and active ones top $1500

Most of the bids are fake. It looks like there may be one legit person bidding, but the loser who listed the item is fake bidding to raise his bid. The one above $1000 I know for a fact is fake. I doubt we'll see many legit people bidding, unless they're completely senseless.

#50 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Most of the bids are fake. It looks like there may be one legit person bidding, but the loser who listed the item is fake bidding to raise his bid. The one above $1000 I know for a fact is fake. I doubt we'll see many legit people bidding, unless they're completely senseless.

You have definitive PROOF that it's the seller bidding up their own item? I thought eBay masks everything except the first and last characters on bidder names anymore. If you don't have concrete evidence that it's the seller bidding up their own auction, then I'd suggest you step back and stop making accusations that you can't back up.

Posted Image

#51 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

I honestly don't see the value of this thing appreciating.

Limited editions don't seem so limited to me anymore... and for that reason they don't appreciate. The most recent example of appreciation is Diablo III CE. That is fetching a premium at the moment.

Just out of curiousity... anyone else have the MGS4 LE? That thing went on sale shortly after release, and sat for a while. Now that it has been out and gone... it seems that hasn't appreciated at all. But as a fan, it doesn't bother me too much. But also as a fan, you wouldn't mind the value appreciating either. ;)
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#52 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Eh. I don't know. I buy games to play and if one of them ends up being 'omg rare' or worth more than I paid for it much later on, then bonus for me. But I definitely don't usually go into a store looking to buy a game hoping that it'll become some 'collectible' later on.

The only recent game I felt would likely end up going HTF was Catherine, since I figured not a lot of people would keep the game since it's kinda weird and has some cheap difficult moments, like when one of the bosses seems to catch up to you in a nanosecond.

Posted Image