Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 6/3-6/9 (100% EXTRA ON TRADE-IN)

• Please log in to reply
1219 replies to this topic

#61 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

I still feel I should lock in my Uncharted 3 trade in this week for 20ish because I won't know its value next week even with a 110% trade in bonus.

#62 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

May have to get my friend to trade on some games for me next week. Shall see if it's worth it.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#63 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

So it was true after all.. Sweet! Almost done with Prototype 2, sure hope they don't dip the TiV too much.

#64 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

If the values don't get a totAl nuke I see a lot of you guys getting the bad hammer next week:)

#65 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm just planning on taking in my 3 CE games. (Prototype 2, Gears of War 3, Skyrim) just hoping they don't bitch at me cause I'm taking in only the discs in paper sleeves.

#66 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

say if a game gets 16 now

and you have 3 games

16 +8 = 24 x 3 = 72

if base holds what wont probally happen

32 x 3 = 96

24 buck risk.

i got 2 or 3 3ds games i need to dump

Resident evil REL
Mario land 3d
Star fox 3d
and
Mario kart 7

to wait or not to wait
WOOOO I STINK

#67 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm going to take a chance and NOT trade in this week. I'll risk it.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#68 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

100% trade bonus??? HELLS YEAH

#69 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Man,
MW3 is still at $20. If that holds, I may get rid of it on Sunday for $40.
Never play the damn thing anyway.

#70 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Best Buy had SR3 for 34.99 last year and that was also during the time they had their buy 2 get 1 free deal. Seems like there was also a $10 coupon in the mag that made it 29.99 late last year, as well.

I believe it was $29.99 during a DOTD. I'm pretty sure that's when I price adjusted my copy.

#71 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

So the rumors were true. 100% trade in for next week.
Thanks Midnightmetal for confirming this.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#72 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

wow, i have some 3ds games to unload then... hopefully the prices hold.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#73 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I locked in Skyrim this morning in case the TIV plummets before this promotion. May do the same with some other games as well thanks OP

#74 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I locked in Skyrim this morning in case the TIV plummets before this promotion. May do the same with some other games as well thanks OP

Ummmmmmm, but you can't lock in the games and get the bonus. The only way you can lock it in, is online.

#75 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Wow so it is happening. Definitely trading in MP3, hope it doesn't drop to much. Just have to finish up my old school run. Thanks Midnight for confirming and thanks to the original poster who gave us the heads up first.

#76 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

.. looks like I'll be trading in a bunch of games come Sunday

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#77 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Looks like I'll be trading to Best Buy for the 1st time.

#78 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ummmmmmm, but you can't lock in the games and get the bonus. The only way you can lock it in, is online.

Just found that out. Guess I'll be making a stop at BB on Sunday.

#79 Tpain

Tpain

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Do you guys think now would be a good time to use the $40 off NCAA 12 coupon? Getting it for 20 bucks, then trying to flip it next week for double whatever the trade in value is?

#80 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

I regret not buying Darkness 2 yesterday, platinuming it this weekend and trading it back with the 110% extra credit.

Speaking of which, anyone else expecting to see a massive drop across the board on TIVs? This deal seems too good to be true
Posted Image

#81 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Honestly, if the TiV's drop more than they normally should (Max Payne should STAY at or very close to $20, for instance) I'll probably stop trading in there for the foreseeable future. That's shady business right there if they drop the TiV's by any decent percent...it's supposed to be a DEAL, not a "trick the customer into thinking they're getting a deal".

I too though, will risk it and wait until next week to trade in Max Payne, and like others who bought Darkness 2 maybe I can finish it this week since it's supposed to be pretty short. If I get enough I'll do the b2g1 3DS deal. Of course I also need a new camera tripod too so it'll be a tough choice haha.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#82 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

To bad I don't have any games that I want to part with, as 100% trade in bonus seems to good to be true. However, it seems like I won't be missing much if BB kills a lot of the current trade in values of my games like people are predicting. Oh well. I am tempted on that Zelda: Skyward Sword for 34.99, however.

#83 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Edited by icewolf74, 30 May 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#84 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

I traded in some games to GS this past weekend, but I had compared all prices to the ones shown on the BB Trade-in Web page first. Most of them were either half or a few dollars less than GS's TIV. For example, Dead Island was $6 at BB, but I got $11 for it at GS(without counting bonuses). Most of the other games I traded in were PS2 games, with a few Wii and 360 games. I had exactly 7 games worth over $3.00 so I got the $35 bonus TIV, which I think was a much better route to go. I also had quite a bit of PS2 games, and ALL of them showed a $0.25 value on BB's site. I traded them into GS and only 2 rang up in the $0.25 range. All the rest rang up at $0.50-$1.25.

#85 FightOnUSC23

FightOnUSC23

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

Important Information on 100% Trade-In Deal...
TIV's have dropped like a Mofo...I traded in about 30 Games last month and got good deals with 60% trade in (with Gamer Zone Unlocked Membership). Here are some examples of how bad this deal is now...

Trade-Ins: (New Deals reflect 100% Trade-In)
SSX - I Got: $25.60 New Deal: $12
Madden 12: I Got: $16 New Deal: $12

A few games get you a couple dollars more than the previous offer even with TIV's dropped...however, this deal is no better than the 50% that was going on before.

Don't be fooled, it is still a good deal if you don't want your games and want some Gift Cards...but the 100% trade in is sorta a joke.

- FightOnUSC23

#86 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I traded in some games to GS this past weekend, but I had compared all prices to the ones shown on the BB Trade-in Web page first. Most of them were either half or a few dollars less than GS's TIV. For example, Dead Island was $6 at BB, but I got $11 for it at GS(without counting bonuses). Most of the other games I traded in were PS2 games, with a few Wii and 360 games. I had exactly 7 games worth over $3.00 so I got the $35 bonus TIV, which I think was a much better route to go. I also had quite a bit of PS2 games, and ALL of them showed a $0.25 value on BB's site. I traded them into GS and only 2 rang up in the $0.25 range. All the rest rang up at $0.50-$1.25.

Higher base value doesn't mean much, though, since GS's bonuses for pre-ordering, etc. are usually lower than BB's. There's a major delta on some games, but they end up being about the same for most in my experience. And I'd rather have a bit less credit at Best Buy, where I can get DOTD and non-game items. It can be a PITA to find a good use for GS credit.

#87 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

That's because everybody(include me:twisted::evil:) traded in 30-40+ crappy PS2 sports games for about $1.50 each after buying em with credit/gift cards from GS during a B2G2 on games and ended up forcing BB to re-think their $1 minimum trade value.;)

As for the TIV nuking, I predict a further update before Sunday which will tank the rest of the values down to where you're either just breaking even or LOSING money/credit on the transaction.

They're getting smarter at this game trading thing. At least they're still trying to compete with GS, unlike WalMart(who got out of the biz before they even got off the ground for the most part) and even Amazon, which doesn't even offer bonuses anymore.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#88 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Do you guys think now would be a good time to use the $40 off NCAA 12 coupon? Getting it for 20 bucks, then trying to flip it next week for double whatever the trade in value is?

LOL

I just traded in the game yesterday and it had a $10 base, no way it will still be $10 on Sunday for a sports game that will be replaced by a new version in about 2 months.

It'll probably drop to $5-6 on Sunday.

So get it only if you want to actually keep it and play it.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#89 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Awesome, I have some clearing out to do.

I just hope the Arkham City value stays by next week.

#90 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

and TRU and Radioshack and Target, lol. at least TRU lasted more than... a few days like rs and target.

Velo214.png
sig.gif