Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 6/3-6/9 (100% EXTRA ON TRADE-IN)

• Please log in to reply
1219 replies to this topic

#991 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Got denied at the Orange, CA location for trying to use the 10$ coupon on MW3. "Off regular Price" got thrown at me... Hate how it varies from store to store, they should just accept it everywhere!!!!! :( Guess ill try another store later this week.

The computer takes it off automatically once you've given your rewards zone number and they total it. At least that's what happened when I did it. They shouldn't be able to deny it.

#992 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

What store? I noticed you're in Cali like me. So Cal?

NorCal.

#993 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

The computer takes it off automatically once you've given your rewards zone number and they total it. At least that's what happened when I did it. They shouldn't be able to deny it.

i guess it is ymmv,

#994 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

GS to BB Thread
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515

Get Fit With Mel B-Wii $7.99 GS into $16.00/$16.80 BB

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#995 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

You're SOL, sorry dude. The used price hasn't dropped, so there's nothing to price adjust.

they don't price used games anyway they're classified as "refurbished" & there's no wiggle room I've tried. My BB bend rules for me but even this was a no way, no go no time.

I was going to get a Vita but stupid Sony didn't lower the price like I had anticipated

LOL since that's not how Sony works couldn't understand why people really thought there was any chance. They bundle at the SAME PRICE 1st then down the line drop the price.

Thanks for responding. Do you get that packet at the store or is it delivered via mail/email?

Vote here & we can get coupon packs avail. in-store vs mail. I'm tryin to get the whole process avail. in-store so it'll never be a chance that we miss a deal by not having a coupon etc. OP of last months(May's @gamer has links to where you can vote to fully max the gamers club.
http://forums.bestbu...re/idi-p/510811

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=320226

#996 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

I got the same welcome package, but I did wonder about that digital title coupon. Does that mean DLC cards, point cards, or both?

It probably means 10% off one of the DLC packs they sell via those touch screen kiosks they have in the gaming/media department.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#997 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

It probably means 10% off one of the DLC packs they sell via those touch screen kiosks they have in the gaming/media department.

I got $1 off a $10 PSN card with the 10% off digital purchase coupon back in April, it required an override though.

#998 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

I got $1 off a $10 PSN card with the 10% off digital purchase coupon back in April, it required an override though.

The $14.99 max is really weak. It's not like $5 off a $50 PSN card is that much.

#999 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thinking about trading in
Skyrim
Battlefield 3
LA Noire
Blur
Tropic 3
Super Street Fighter IV
Gears of War 3 (Maybe)
Just Cause 2
Saints Row The Third (Maybe)

I'm not sure if you're a PS+ Member, but starting today Just Cause 2 is free from the PSN, along with 11 other games. (Virtua Fighter 5, inFAMOUS 2, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Saints Row 2, and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.) I think the remaining free games are PSN only games, so I didn't list them.

#1000 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Traded in three games today. Need For Speed: The Run, Need For Speed Shift 2, and Singularity for $44.10 after 110%. Paid $6 for Singularity, paid $0 for The Run ($20 Target coupon), and paid $7 for Shift 2 from BBV. Good trade in today.

#1001 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Wow, ended up trading in 116 games for a grand total of $890. Three separate transactions, but great way to clear my backlog and get some $ back.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#1002 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

It amazes me how many games some people have. I don't think I've owned more than 20 at once and that seems like a lot to me. Granted, I've been cycling through games somewhat rapidly after becoming a more active CAG, but still...some people have some crazy collections.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1003 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

It amazes me how many games some people have. I don't think I've owned more than 20 at once and that seems like a lot to me. Granted, I've been cycling through games somewhat rapidly after becoming a more active CAG, but still...some people have some crazy collections.

If I counted up all of the games I've had since the Atari 2600(my first system), I've probably had more than 1000 and likely double that considering all of the ones I've sold, rebought and tried to rebuy over the years.

Back in the 2600 days though, I was like kids nowadays and I kept the games cart only.:-#:cry: But from the Genesis/SNES era on up, I tried to keep my games in mint/complete condition and would actually nitpick on condition when I lent one to a friend(and I still do now:-#).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1004 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

If I counted up all of the games I've had since the Atari 2600(my first system), I've probably had more than 1000 and likely double that considering all of the ones I've sold, rebought and tried to rebuy over the years.

Back in the 2600 days though, I was like kids nowadays and I kept the games cart only.:-#:cry: But from the Genesis/SNES era on up, I tried to keep my games in mint/complete condition and would actually nitpick on condition when I lent one to a friend(and I still do now:-#).

You have to be man. You never know when you'll want to play those games again. Shit, I probably owned close to 400 since I started gaming. I started gaming at age 2 with the Super Nintendo, and Sega Genesis. After that I owned a Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, PS2, PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. My sister owned the Xbox, Dreamcast, and Gameboy Color. If I could count all of the games I owned/played it would be around 400 games total. If you add in cell phone games, that number would go up as well.

#1005 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion :wii: dropped from 10 base to 8

#1006 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

For anyone who is looking to flip some credit from TRU to Best Buy. I found on clearance
PS3 Bakugan Defenders of the Core 9.98 (Base trade in @ BB $9)
Wii Jimmy Johnson's Anything with an Engine 9.98 (Base trade in @ BB $6)

Since they are under 19.99 they qualify for the b1 get 1 40% off
My total for both games after taxes $17.44

Trade in credit after bonus and gamers unlocked was $31.50

I also saw de Blob 2for 9.98. (base trade in @ BB $5) Can get slightly above a straight trade of credit when paired with another 9.98 game that trades for $5 base

Going to post this in a couple of other threads because I know how posts can get lost in the large threads

#1007 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

For anyone who is looking to flip some credit from TRU to Best Buy. I found on clearance
PS3 Bakugan Defenders of the Core 9.98 (Base trade in @ BB $9)
Wii Jimmy Johnson's Anything with an Engine 9.98 (Base trade in @ BB $6)

Since they are under 19.99 they qualify for the b1 get 1 40% off
My total for both games after taxes $17.44

Trade in credit after bonus and gamers unlocked was $31.50

I also saw de Blob 2for 9.98. (base trade in @ BB $5) Can get slightly above a straight trade of credit when paired with another 9.98 game that trades for $5 base

Going to post this in a couple of other threads because I know how posts can get lost in the large threads

Thanks! Something to think about...

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1008 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Does anyone know when the 100% trade in bonus is up? The employee at my Best Buy said it was through the end of the month. The BB link in OP doesn't say. OP says end of the week.

#1009 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thanks! Something to think about...

Of course glad to help out. I get such great info here that it's nice to pay it forward a bit

Of course I think the TRU employee thought I was a bit kooky digging through all the $19.99 and under games and looking them up on my phone :lol:

#1010 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Does anyone know when the 100% trade in bonus is up? The employee at my Best Buy said it was through the end of the month. The BB link in OP doesn't say. OP says end of the week.

It's been said a few times in this thread that it will be until the end of the month. It looks like it got extended, I guess Best Buy likes the sale too.

#1011 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

It's been said a few times in this thread that it will be until the end of the month. It looks like it got extended, I guess Best Buy likes the sale too.

The BB Trade-in iPhone app also says 6/30/2012 and it has never been wrong. We'll see...

#1012 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

100% bonus is pretty insane. I might actually go trade some stuff in.

ostzsk.jpg

#1013 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Of course glad to help out. I get such great info here that it's nice to pay it forward a bit

Of course I think the TRU employee thought I was a bit kooky digging through all the $19.99 and under games and looking them up on my phone :lol:

someone's gotta do the dirty work. thanks brother.

#1014 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Modern Warfare 3 at 24.99 required an override from a manager, so I'm sure a lot of people are going to face opposition if they read the fine print. They didn't question me about it, but I figured they would.

I redeemed the voucher in my Reward Zone, the employee scanned my card, then the UPC, still came up at $34.99 before tax. Then she voided it out, and I handed her the sheet I printed it out (has the same barcode on the sheet as your Gamers card), she scanned that first, then the game, the same. Tried it in different order on another computer with and w/o card and still nothing. So it looks like Best Buy isn't intending for these items to be used with their sales like the Turtle Beaches.

#1015 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

Modern Warfare 3 at 24.99 required an override from a manager, so I'm sure a lot of people are going to face opposition if they read the fine print. They didn't question me about it, but I figured they would.

I redeemed the voucher in my Reward Zone, the employee scanned my card, then the UPC, still came up at $34.99 before tax. Then she voided it out, and I handed her the sheet I printed it out (has the same barcode on the sheet as your Gamers card), she scanned that first, then the game, the same. Tried it in different order on another computer with and w/o card and still nothing. So it looks like Best Buy isn't intending for these items to be used with their sales like the Turtle Beaches.

That sucks. I figured they would let it stack with the sale price.

#1016 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Traded in 5 games today that I've gotten over the last few GameFly sales for under 10 bucks, ended up getting 58 for them. Thanks op for making me aware of they sale

#1017 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

When I got MW3 on Sunday it rang up at $34.99, then the guy put in my RZ number some popup showed on his screen and it took off $10 after he put yes then it went to about $26 after taxes. Don't know why it isn't working for others.

#1018 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

When I got MW3 on Sunday it rang up at $34.99, then the guy put in my RZ number some popup showed on his screen and it took off $10 after he put yes then it went to about $26 after taxes. Don't know why it isn't working for others.

same here, it was no hassle at all but it redeemed the offer on sunday, does any1 else know if you can redeem the offer more than one time?

#1019 mattvander

mattvander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Just got 200 in trade in credit thanks op

#1020 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm sure, similar to the Turtle Beaches, it was only available one day until they fixed it in the system.