Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 6/3-6/9 (100% EXTRA ON TRADE-IN)

• Please log in to reply
1219 replies to this topic

#1021 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Picked up 17 games (all Wii & DS) from the Kmart B1G1 50% OFF clearance sale for around $73 then had my gf do her 2nd trade in @ BB. Netted $193.50. Most expensive game that I paid for cost $4.50.

I was shocked at the TIV of the Wii & DS games I found. Imagine Gymnast for the DS with an $8 base :D amongst others.

#1022 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Picked up 17 games (all Wii & DS) from the Kmart B1G1 50% OFF clearance sale for around $73 then had my gf do her 2nd trade in @ BB. Netted $193.50. Most expensive game that I paid for cost $4.50.

I was shocked at the TIV of the Wii & DS games I found. Imagine Gymnast for the DS with an $8 base :D amongst others.

LOL, that is exactly the same amount i got

#1023 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

I have traded in about 50 games in the past two days and I am up to 524 in gift cards. Still got to return handheld games tomorrow.

#1024 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

Is trading in disc only games still YMMV, or did they establish a policy either way?

#1025 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Does anybody know if they take Kinect Sensors or Xbox 360 wireless remotes? Because I called in and the lady sounded confused but didn't want to transfer me ._.

#1026 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

Is trading in disc only games still YMMV, or did they establish a policy either way?

I believe disc only games are okay.

#1027 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Lmao. I wonder how many of you trading in disc only, don't mind receiving disc-only games in a generic case....if you buy pre-owned?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1028 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Lmao. I wonder how many of you trading in disc only, don't mind receiving disc-only games in a generic case....if you buy pre-owned?

Haha, I hate it personally, but I have had to trade in collector's editions where I kept all the extras. Batman, FFXIII (because I was buying the Asian version with Japanese voice/English subtitles), Skyrim, Marvel vs. Capcom.. and there's probably more I'm missing. They either didn't come with a proper case, or had a steelbook that I didn't want to trade in :)

#1029 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

I only trade disc only when I have a copy of a game from a bundle and the UPC has been replaced by that NOT FOR RESALE message. Not sure if that matters but I think I read people have had there trade in denied because of that.

#1030 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Haha, I hate it personally, but I have had to trade in collector's editions where I kept all the extras. Batman, FFXIII (because I was buying the Asian version with Japanese voice/English subtitles), Skyrim, Marvel vs. Capcom.. and there's probably more I'm missing. They either didn't come with a proper case, or had a steelbook that I didn't want to trade in :)

I have to say, I can see where you're coming from with the steel cases.

I only trade disc only when I have a copy of a game from a bundle and the UPC has been replaced by that message. Not sure if that matters but I think I read people have had there trade in denied because of that.

Lol. Yeah. You may get 1 that will give you the case back if it has NOT FOR RESALE on it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1031 gorilladust

gorilladust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'm sure, similar to the Turtle Beaches, it was only available one day until they fixed it in the system.

I purchased MW3 (xbox360) for 24.99 on Tuesday. The $10 off promo screen popped up after the cashier totaled my purchase. The cashier scanned the rewardzone coupon b4 the game. Big thx to the OP for the heads up on this deal!

#1032 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Join Unlocked, you will receive a welcome packet, used games B2G1, new games B2G1 on games under $40

I didnt get this I barely got the free mag with sign up.

Also is it worth it to trade in fracture and condemned one. Also have dungeon siege 3.

#1033 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

You receive the welcome packet in the mail. It took mine about a month and a half to arrive.
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#1034 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Also is it worth it to trade in fracture and condemned one. Also have dungeon siege 3.

Look up the values here:
http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Multiply them by 2(add in an additional 10% based on the values you find there if you have the Gamer's Club Unlocked).

Then decide if it's worth it for you.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1035 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

did anyone notice that the BB ad online has a page for pre-ordering Halo 4? It also says you get a free poster the day you pre-order (online pre-orders get poster when they get the game) went to two stores yesterday, both had no idea about the ad page or the poster. They both said you'll get the poster when you pick up the game. But I wasn't playing that game..so my question is really, did anyone else notice the pre-order / poster deal and were you able to get one in-store this week?
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1036 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Maybe its time for me to clear my backlog in one fell swoop as some others have already done...

#1037 JawboneINC

JawboneINC

BOOM! DROP! KAPOW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

did anyone notice that the BB ad online has a page for pre-ordering Halo 4? It also says you get a free poster the day you pre-order (online pre-orders get poster when they get the game) went to two stores yesterday, both had no idea about the ad page or the poster. They both said you'll get the poster when you pick up the game. But I wasn't playing that game..so my question is really, did anyone else notice the pre-order / poster deal and were you able to get one in-store this week?

I got one of the posters yesterday. While I was doing some trades a guy brought the package with the posters in it and set them on the counter in the game section.

It's not a bad poster at all. It actually has "limited lithograph" on the outer envelope and is a thicker card stock.

#1038 ryverse

ryverse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Dumb question, my xbox burned two rings in my Forza 4 disc... still plays, but looks awful. I've never traded a game in, how much does this affect the trade-in value?

#1039 TerpsJunkie

TerpsJunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

You either get full trade-in value or it's rejected.
Posted Image

#1040 ryverse

ryverse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

You either get full trade-in value or it's rejected.

Ok, thank you!

#1041 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I got one of the posters yesterday. While I was doing some trades a guy brought the package with the posters in it and set them on the counter in the game section.

It's not a bad poster at all. It actually has "limited lithograph" on the outer envelope and is a thicker card stock.

awesome thanks man! yeah, the clerk seemed too lazy to go to the back to check or was helping someone else. I guess I will go back some time later this week. Also, it doesn't sound like I'd want to hang this in my garage which is where all my posters get regulated to :cry:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1042 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

I was at a best buy yesterday and they had a stack of lithograph's for pre-ordering Halo 4.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1043 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Maybe its time for me to clear my backlog in one fell swoop as some others have already done...

I decided to do this. I've gotten into the bad habit of buying games just because they are a great deal and not because I think I will actually play them. (That's not really a bad thing though as I actually got more money back than I paid for most of them.) I sold back the following list (mix of PS3 and Xbox) yesterday making more than I paid overall so I'm happy.

Assassin's Creed Revelations w/ AC I
Batman Arkham City
Brutal Legend
Bulletstorm
Child of Eden
Dante's Inferno
Dragon Age: Origins
Fable II
FEAR 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Gears of War Triple Pack
Homefront
Katamari Forever
Killzone 3
Lego Indiana Jones: The original Adventure
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Mass Effect 2
NBA 2K11
Plants Vs Zombies (With Peggle and Zuma)
Portal 2
Prince of Persia
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 5
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
The Orange Box
Transformers: War for Cybertron

Total after 100% + unlocked bonus: $319.20

#1044 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

PMed Zumba 2 at Walmart for $20.

Had to print the page because, as usual, our local Sunday paper only has Best Buy 1/4 of the time.

cagSig.png515886.png

#1045 bittripfan

bittripfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just the disc is fine right?

#1046 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Just the disc is fine right?

Yep

#1047 bittripfan

bittripfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

About to trade in $214 worth of games. I hate to do it but honestly I'll never play them again so why not.

#1048 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

About to trade in $214 worth of games. I hate to do it but honestly I'll never play them again so why not.

Wait! Dont!!!
Posted Image

#1049 bittripfan

bittripfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Wait! Dont!!!

Why not?

#1050 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Traded in:

Batman Arkham City: $24 (Paid $15 at BB)
Rage PS3: $10 (Paid $5 at BB)
Bulletstorm: $8 (Paid $5 at BB)
Grid: $10 (Paid $7.50 at Target)
Sonic Generations: $16 (Paid $14.99 at NewEgg)
Child of Eden: $16 (Paid $19.99 at Newegg)
Wolfenstein: $10 (Paid $5 on Ebay)
Cartoon Network PTE XL: $16 (Paid $15 on Amazon)
NBA Jam: $12 (Paid $14 on Warehouse Deals)
Final Fantasy XIII: $12 (Friend gave to me for free)

$140.xx after Reward Zone Unlocked 10% Bonus and 100% Trade in Bonus. Not bad considering I paid only $101 for the games before tax.