[DEAD] Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy $29.99 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Wow. I just watched a gameplay video... what the hell? Fuckin' graphics look like they were drawn with basic flash brushes. I get that it wants to look cutsey, but my god, give it some charm and effort. I could animate that shit. Get inspired like Kirby's Epic Yarn instead of using tweening. TWEENING!

I mean, I get wanting to pay homage to a series with some of the best music in video-gaming history... but do it right! Release a 6 disc soundtrack with a nice box or something! Don't create this monstrosity.

Why can't we just get a good ol' fashioned Final Fantasy game these days? Final Fantasy IX was the pinnacle of the series... all we've gotten since that is goofy sci-fi, retarded characters and plot and half-assed spin-offs.

I want my black mages, white mages, summoners, dragoons, warriors, monks and paladins.

Fuck!

Edited by AugustAPC, 31 May 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#32 Reira

Reira

Counting down to Sailor Moon Crystal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Me this morning:

"Hmm, you know what, I haven't heard anything about Theatrhythm going down on Amazon. I guess they never pricematched TRU. I don't want to pay $40, so I should cancel. Oh, I'll go to CAG first."

Sees this thread.

I'm happy. My preorder hasn't updated the price, but I'm not worried. With an extra 5% off plus an adorable sticker sheet for a stylus, I'm keeping my preorder. Now somebody, do a deal on the Mark of Mastery edition for KH3D PLEEEEEEAAAASE.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is almost here...finally!

#33 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Cancelled my TRU order and got on board with amazon. I feel kinda sorry for TRU now...
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#34 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

As much as I love Final Fantasy and music/rhythm games, I won't be buying this. You know why? Because it is ridiculous. And these cutesy Crystal Chronicles characters need to be dropped.

Its funny you say that, cause that's the knee-jerk reaction a lot of fans had after seeing the character art for this game. But a lot of those fans ate their words when the game came out in Japan. I've heard nothing but good things from people who've played this game and the music in the series is outstanding. Not saying that it will be your cup of tea, but as a lifelong fan of Squaresoft/Square-Enix since FF1, I've loved the music in this series and there's no way for me to not buy this game. Reviews in Japan are gushing about it.

Yeah, Square-Enix has fallen far from grace, but this is a step in the right direction. My opinion.

#35 dallow

dallow

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

As much as I love Final Fantasy and music/rhythm games, I won't be buying this. You know why? Because it is ridiculous. And these cutesy Crystal Chronicles characters need to be dropped.

I don't care what you guys do, but I'm personally boycotting Square-Enix until they make something that's actually good. They both used to make amazing games, then they merged and got too big for their own good. Now they make random shit, like Pony Friends 2, Space Invaders 47, and MindJack. Oh dear god, MindJack...

Make one good FF/DQ game instead of wasting "talent" and resources on a bunch of random shit, Squeenix. Crystal Defenders, The After Years, My Life As A Dark Lord, Crystal Bearers, XIII-2...stamping "Final Fantasy" on something doesn't make it better. It only tricks your fans into buying it because they think it might be good, and I refuse to fall for that.

So your boycotting SE until they make something good?
You're in luck, by all accounts, this game is excellent.

#36 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

this should of been a ds game for 19.99 nowhere is it worth 3ds for 40

looking online if your looking at a basic runthough of story its like 10 hours to beat... maybe up to 50 to unlock everything but that is replaying it over and over and over....

I ordered it but may cancel and just rent it of gamefly

after having 300 Ps2 games 200 Ds games and 150 PSP games (not going past the ps2 stage)

I swear with the new systems i own i I WILL NOT BUY GAMES since i dont want to start adding to more stuff i will never play once i beat it . Hell already up to 7 vita games and i swore that i wouldnt buy vita games LOL
WOOOO I STINK

#37 dallow

dallow

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

slidecage is nuts

#38 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for making my day, Amazon.

#39 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Now they make random shit, like Pony Friends 2, Space Invaders 47, and MindJack.

Space Invaders is Taito you dirty plebian. Also, The After Years IS good.

#40 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Ouendan/EBA is my favorite handheld series ever, but this really looks simple by comparison. The mechanics of EBA were superior.

Still waiting for reviews, because I love everything else about the game.
Posted Image

#41 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

this should of been a ds game for 19.99 nowhere is it worth 3ds for 40

It's 2012. Deal with it.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#42 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't see an option for release day shipping.

#43 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

As a man who grew up listening to the different Final Fantasy soundtracks religiously and a gamer who loves his rhythm games (Ouendan in particular~), this felt like a no-brainer purchase to me. Checking online, this game also looks to have some excellent selection of songs throughout the series.

Much thanks Op! Preordered. :D

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#44 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

I had forgotten that this was a $40 3DS game. All this time, I kept seeing it, assuming it was a $5 iOS game. (Oh wait, even Square's iOS games are $15, silly me.)

#45 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

By the way, there are 50+ songs in the core game. There's no way that this could've been a cheap iOS game. I bought the Piano Opera soundtrack with 12 tracks on it for $10, so this game is worth it to me.. :-P

#46 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

Yes, finally!

Same thinking here. Thanks Op!

#47 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Need more people to report Heroes of Ruin for 29.99 to Amazon so they match! Come on FF fans! We can do it!

#48 spaghetticatt

spaghetticatt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

deal is dead for me

#49 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

deal is dead for me

Whoa, you're right. That was fast. :hot:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#50 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Interesting that they jacked the price back up. There must be crazy demand for the game so they know they can charge $40 and still be set for a while. So happy I put in a pre-order when they matched TRU.

#51 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hmm, I preordered a while ago when it was in my goldbox, and it looks like the price auto-adjusted to the lower one. So after the goldbox discount, I have this preordered for $28.49. :)

My Tradelist

#52 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

figures, i preordered from bestbuy.com. well.. to be fair, i DID have $35 in coupons... so paying $5 still works. unless they do what they did for resident evil revelations and change it at the last minute so i save $10 more. time will tell.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#53 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

figures, i preordered from bestbuy.com. well.. to be fair, i DID have $35 in coupons... so paying $5 still works. unless they do what they did for resident evil revelations and change it at the last minute so i save $10 more. time will tell.

Well, RE:R was changed to the typical-for-3DS-games $39.99 price instead of releasing at the originally-announced $49.99 price, so I doubt that would happen for Theatrhythm.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#54 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Need more people to report Heroes of Ruin for 29.99 to Amazon so they match! Come on FF fans! We can do it!

Looks like it happened already. :)

http://www.amazon.co...8606596&sr=1-12

Firepowerr.png

#55 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Dont know if anyone else said it, but this game is 29.99 on toys r us with free shipping.

#56 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Dont know if anyone else said it, but this game is 29.99 on toys r us with free shipping.

But TRU takes forever to ship out the order and charges your CC immediately. That's why we are all glad that Amazon PM'd them.

#57 akuma77

akuma77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

traded in my 3ds to gs for $100. no regrets

#58 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

traded in my 3ds to gs for $100. no regrets

Should have sold it to me. I would have done $100 paypal. :lol:

Firepowerr.png

#59 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

I hesitated because I don't have a 3DS yet and I wanted to see what Nintendo announced about it at E3. Oh well.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#60 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hmm, I preordered a while ago when it was in my goldbox, and it looks like the price auto-adjusted to the lower one. So after the goldbox discount, I have this preordered for $28.49. :)

Same here.

After checking my "new" invoice I figured out a gold box discount is a percentage, not a fixed dollar amount. For this one it was apparently 5%. It took off $2.00 when I originally ordered it at $39.99, but when they lowered it to $29.99, my gold box discount also lowered to $1.50. Not a big deal...just never knew it worked that way.