Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Sold out already??[/QUOTE]

It's not available to order yet. More details will be revealed July 15th. It's been rumored for a few weeks now, looking forward to seeing the packaging and such. It looks like it'll be a briefcase

man, this thing is going to be crazy expensive isn't it. I mean 6 movies with 3D versions included..from Disney in a Limited Edition packaging. I'm thinking $150-200 at least

[quote name='ssjmichael']man, this thing is going to be crazy expensive isn't it. I mean 6 movies with 3D versions included..from Disney in a Limited Edition packaging. I'm thinking $150-200 at least[/QUOTE]

I would pay up to $200 for the set, otherwise I'll just get the stand-alone 3D versions. I may do that anyway depending on the 'extras'.

So in essence, turn my 'definitely' above to a "Some exclusions apply. Not valid in some states. See store for details."

:lol:

Let's see if we can do the math and figure out how much it'll be, using Amazon's lowest prices to date.

Thor 3D and Captain America 3D have been as cheap as $25 each, so that's $50.
Iron Man 2 and Iron Man have floated around the $15 mark repeatedly, so that's another $30. I think the single disc of Iron Man 2 has been down as cheap as $10.
Incredible Hulk has made it down around $10 I think, so we're into it for another $10.
Avengers 3D will probably be $35 out of the gate, maybe $30.

Assuming $30 for Avengers, we'd be looking at $30 + $25 + $25 + $15 + $15 + $10 or $120 for just the movies. Since this is an uber-type CE, we'd probably have this as $150 at the cheapest. Probably more.

I'll be preordering the day it becomes available, I don't care what the price is. I should check amazon tonight for trade in prices of all the Marvel blus to lessen the sting of the price tag.

Aww hell, I own all of the movies except Avengers (obviously) but I'm tempted to preorder this set for the hell of it.

I Own none, but one of the movies just because I knew this was going to happen. I Am ready...when it's on sale for $80 or so.

What happens to the 2nd discs from the 2 Iron Man BluRay releases? They don't seem to be included. Gotta love when the "ultimate" collector packs don't include all the previously released content.

I'm hoping they do some kind of re-releases for Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk that come as a BluRay/DVD Combo pack as I've been holding out for such a release.

Thor 3D/Blu-ray/DVD $20
Captain American 3D/Blu-ray/DVD $20
Iron Man (Blu-ray) $10
Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $10
Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray) $5
=======================
Total under $70 after taxes

Avengers 3D/Blu-ray/DVD AROUND $20 - $25

[quote name='PR Mega X']Oh, son of a bitch. I have all of these movies on both DVD and Blu-Ray, and still need this.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

Son of a biatch. I want thor, captain america, and avengers all in 3D. I might as well save up for this... and the james bond blu ray collection, and the indiana jones blu ray collection, and Jaws bluray, and E.T. blu-ray, and the Blade Runner 30th anniversary collection, and Titanic 3d, and Cinderella Diamond Edition.

fucking shit, I wish I would have chose a cheaper hobbies. Being a film fanatic and a gamer can be fucking expensive.

Very cool - but I have all but 2 of the lead-up movies on blu and I imagine those will hit my price point pretty soon (Cap & Thor). I think I've been broken concerning these massive game/movie LE sets - they put them out for EVERYTHING, and I've realized I basically end up looking at the neat stuff once, going "isn't that cool!?!", and then putting it away.

I'll just take the movies, I'm good. :)

[quote name='opterasis']I'll be preordering the day it becomes available, I don't care what the price is. I should check amazon tonight for trade in prices of all the Marvel blus to lessen the sting of the price tag.[/QUOTE]

I checked the TIVs too. They kind of suck. In addition, I really dont want to part with my special features discs for Iron Man 1 and Iron man 2. I also really like my 1337 green Hulk bluray case and the holographicy looking slipcover.

Man, I'm a nerd.

Why does OP have this:

"Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers" "

But we can't pre order? I don't even see this comment on the page anymore.

[quote name='Arakias']Why does OP have this:

"Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers" "

But we can't pre order? I don't even see this comment on the page anymore.[/QUOTE]

The comment is still there, but you can't pre-order. If you actually click the link they mention it leads to Finding Nemo 3D (see below). Amazon is all kinds of screwed up lol:

"Marvel's The Avengers" Available For Pre-order
Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"

There's always the possibility that the bonus disc material from the releases that had them are included on the "phase 1 archives" disc. I know, I doubt it too, but it's a possibility.

I have been waiting for a bundle like this ever since I heard there would be an Avengers movie. Even though I'm a HUGE Marvel fan I've held off and haven't bought ANY of the movies in the set. I'm chomping at the bit for this box set, I am ready for whatever price they ask.

[quote name='argyle']Very cool - but I have all but 2 of the lead-up movies on blu and I imagine those will hit my price point pretty soon (Cap & Thor). I think I've been broken concerning these massive game/movie LE sets - they put them out for EVERYTHING, and I've realized I basically end up looking at the neat stuff once, going "isn't that cool!?!", and then putting it away.

I'll just take the movies, I'm good. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you're the only one to say this because I completely agree with you. I have all the blurays already and no need for a giant goofy case. I'm interested in that bonus disc but not 150-200 interested.

[quote name='rodieremix']I'm surprised you're the only one to say this because I completely agree with you. [/QUOTE]

This is a wall in my room. I think this helps to explain why I need the super-deluxe ridiculous box set ;)

241360_10150666391460473_5920648_o.jpg

[quote name='PR Mega X']This is a wall in my room. I think this helps to explain why I need the super-deluxe ridiculous box set ;)

[/QUOTE]

No Hulk love?

I'm kinda offended by that price, but then I am not the target audience for this thing. Plus, I didn't really like Thor or Captain America all that much.

Oh didn't notice the price is up. So a list price of $219, but Amazon currently has it up for $153. That's just about what we guessed on here. $153 isn't that bad for an LE 10-disc/6-movie set. I do see it dropping a little bit further though.

I love Marvel and I love the movies, but this is a bit too expensive for me. Hopefully it will come down after a couple 3-4 months. If not, no loss. I have all of the movies except for the crap-tastic Hulk.

I'm a complete whore, so I'm in. Got all 6 of the posters up on the wall currently so yeah. Glad I saw this thread so I can get this pre-ordered now.

I own IM 1 and 2, dont want Hulk, do want Cap, Thor, and Avengers, really don't want the collectible case that is guaranteed to not fit well on a shelf. Not purchasing this ;)

So it's going to be coming in a SHIELD brief case?

Actually be fun to carry it around to a friends house and do an Avengers marathon!

:lol:

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']No Hulk love?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the Norton Hulk movie, but the poster sucks. And I don't know what else to add to the 'trophy' section other than Hulk hands, which seems...morbid :D

In other news: I'm a sucker, and I pre-ordered from Amazon. Had just enough credit to cover tax.

[quote name='PR Mega X']This is a wall in my room. I think this helps to explain why I need the super-deluxe ridiculous box set ;)

[/QUOTE]

Hawkeye on your sig too!

Sorry if this has been answered but when is the reveal supposed to be? And is it assumed this will release same day as the Avengers in September?

[quote name='PR Mega X']I enjoyed the Norton Hulk movie, but the poster sucks. And I don't know what else to add to the 'trophy' section other than Hulk hands, which seems...morbid :D
[/QUOTE]

Bash a hole in the wall, stick the wrist of one hulk hand in it as if he is punching into your room!

Problem solved!

Security deposit forfeited!

bread's done
Back