CAGcast #285: The Pre E3 Airing of the Grievances

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

Cheapy gets a giant gaming PC, Shipwreck is in a Ram Jam, and Wombat is worried about getting unhinged, whatever that means.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 91 minutes, 55MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

GoDaddy
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Nas vs Drive Sountrack - Nasty P / Hologram: Time Traveler

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 01 June 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#2 kida101

kida101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Can't wait for the CAGcast to descend upon E3 dropping them Premium audio boos!

#3 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sweet. Can't wait to listen.

Posted Image

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thank you Gaming Moses.

#5 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Drive haters!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#6 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I tried to warn you Shipwreck over twitter to avoid ibuypower like the plague >_<

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Shame on you CheapyD, do you not watch Game Center CX over there? Although the LA arcade featured in the America episode was this. http://www.yelp.com/...ade-los-angeles

Batsugunner.png

#8 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Drive haters!

Yeah really :/

That Drive remix song at the start of the last CAGcast has been stuck in my head the past week. So good.

Posted Image

#9 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

yeah buddy.. those hot fire audio boos can't wait

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#10 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Back in 2007, North Koreans programmed two cell phone games, Men in Black Alien Assault, and Big Lebowski Bowling. http://www.techwirea...ustry-revealed/

Is Crisis the sequel?

Batsugunner.png

#11 ebok007

ebok007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yes! More length = more fun! And the podcast is longer this week too *rimshot*

#12 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have a full tower case for my PC and it is necessary. I had a mid-tower and bought a fancy new graphics card and the thing didn't fit. So, the last PC I built, I got a big ass case so I could fit all the goodies in it.

Also, Wombats job sounds like it sucks. Where I work, they stress to not contact people when on vacation unless it is an absolute emergency. That level of emergency doesn't happen all that often around here. Whenever I go on vacation, I tell people they can contact me if they have questions or need help with something I'm an expert on, but nobody ever calls.

#13 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

I thought DRIVE was great, but I can't knock you guys for not liking it. I'm not interested in convincing non-fans, but it helps to think of it as a modern day fairy tale instead of an action movie. Everyone is an archetype. The scorpion jacket is symbolic and ties into the Aesop fable referenced by Albert Brooks in the restaurant. It's a stylish movie, and that style isn't for everyone. ...Ain't movies grand?

#14 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge and thought it was decent. The Add-on is pretty much a linear experience that doesn't really shed any new light on the aftermath and easter eggs found in the regular game. Playing as Robin was fun, but they could of done more I think. Like I said, it was decent.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#15 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference? Not sure why Shipwreck didn't just get Max Payne via Red Box on PS3 since the whole game fits on one disk. After Playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 on 360, I found the games much more enjoyable to play on PS3 when I didn't have to get up to change the disk. I've been rebuilding my old PCs and getting them back up and running. I only have 2 that can handle Diablo 3, but everytime I think about playing I go back to the PS3 or 360. I almost feel that I've outgrown the PC genre which i used to love. What could probably bring me back is the device Cheapy mentioned but I don't have the free HDMI ports on my TVs. I'm also not sure why people have the need for more games on the Vita. Do you know how much content is playable on the Vita right now? There is a backload of PSP games and PS mini titles. they are working on PSN and hopefully PS1 games will be playable on the Vita by next week I'm hoping. I'm excited that Youtube will finally be usable by the end of June but I've been using a work around I saw on IGN and that works really well. If I didn't use Kinect for saying pause and play watching netflix I probably would have traded in the device by now. I'm so ho hum about the Wii U. Not really excited, but I want to see what they have. I think Sony will have the most interesting conference. I don't think Microsoft will have anything to wow us since they keep leaning on Kinect. I'm sure they will ride on Halo 4 but I worry about that game.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#16 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Pictures or video of the PC.

#17 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think you should take Wombat to a strip club... he can blow up some steam there.

#18 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference? Not sure why Shipwreck didn't just get Max Payne via Red Box on PS3 since the whole game fits on one disk. After Playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 on 360, I found the games much more enjoyable to play on PS3 when I didn't have to get up to change the disk. I've been rebuilding my old PCs and getting them back up and running. I only have 2 that can handle Diablo 3, but everytime I think about playing I go back to the PS3 or 360. I almost feel that I've outgrown the PC genre which i used to love. What could probably bring me back is the device Cheapy mentioned but I don't have the free HDMI ports on my TVs. I'm also not sure why people have the need for more games on the Vita. Do you know how much content is playable on the Vita right now? There is a backload of PSP games and PS mini titles. they are working on PSN and hopefully PS1 games will be playable on the Vita by next week I'm hoping. I'm excited that Youtube will finally be usable by the end of June but I've been using a work around I saw on IGN and that works really well. If I didn't use Kinect for saying pause and play watching netflix I probably would have traded in the device by now. I'm so ho hum about the Wii U. Not really excited, but I want to see what they have. I think Sony will have the most interesting conference. I don't think Microsoft will have anything to wow us since they keep leaning on Kinect. I'm sure they will ride on Halo 4 but I worry about that game.

1. Redbox was out of PS3 version of Max Payne 3.
2. I played the PSP games I wanted to play on the PSP and the vast majority of PS Minis I own don't work on Vita. I'd love more downloadable games like About A Blob, MotorStorm RC, or Pinball Arcade.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#19 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Wombat:

If you want Cheapy to stop messing with you about E3 just pay for everything yourself. Clearly he's got an issue with things being on his "dime". Just be yourself and have a good time. Don't worry about being "low key", whatever the f*ck that's suppose to mean. Aren't you all a little too old to be concerned about your "image"?

Cheapy:

You're a nerdy gamer, embrace it. Stop trying to act like an internet pimp. :P

Shipwreck:

Help those two grow up.

#20 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

I would comment but apparently I'm not as important as Wombat. Seriously dude, get over yourself. Everyone has shit to do and, as far I know, aren't you selling ads on a website? It's not like you're curing cancer. You aren't the only one with a job, kids, bills, etc.

#21 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

if you like depressing shit cheapy theres a movie on netflix about host clubs in japan and how you girls get drawn into them and get so hooked on the guys there they end up in the adult film industry or prostituting to support their host cub addictions. saddest part of it is they think if they go enough the guys will really love them and many of the suggest to these chicks to sell their bodies so they can keep coming.

#22 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Show Notes
1:30 Gaming PC updates
11:00 Tribes
13:00 Watch This - Drive
19:30 Dark Shadows
20:00 Batman (1989)
23:45 Show Feedback
30:15 New Releases
30:15 Dirt: Showdown
30:30 Mad Riders
32:15 (something) Joyride
32:30 Resistance: Burning Skies
33:30 Max Payne 3(pc), Sega Vintage, Batman Arkham City Harley Quinn DLC
34:00 Saints Row 3
38:30 Contests
41:45 Keys to E3
44:45 KAZOO!
46:30 KAZOOOO!
60:00 Most anticipated predictions, Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2/Dishonored
61:00 Least anticpated predictions
64:00 You Don't Know Jack (facebook)
64:15 Curt Schilling/38 Studios
68:00 Injustice (DC fighter)
69:45 Skyrim: Dawnguard
70:30 Silicon Knights lawsuit fail
71:15 West/Zampella lawsuit
73:15 Prototype 2
76:15 Max Payne 3
81:30 Men In Black: Alien Crisis
82:00 Top Analyst
82:30 Playstation Plus/Vita rumors
84:30 New 360 bundle
85:00 Steel Battalion

My hope for E3: Wombat accidentally insults a rep while trying to be nice (Epic $Mickey)

#23 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

really now.. shivering isle was flat? Fuck me sideways... it was fucking brilliant..

#24 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Laughing at Cheapy comparing updating drivers on his PC versus his Mac when starting them up for the first time. Yeah, of course, a system you put together yourself is going to have to spend a lot of time updating and looking for the latest drivers. Just like your Mac, if you bought a pre-built system from a major PC vendor the latest drivers would come pre-installed.

#25 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge and thought it was decent.

How long does it take to complete?

#26 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

if you bought a pre-built system from a major PC vendor the latest drivers would come pre-installed.

and that would last for 3 months if you are lucky.

#27 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Wow, has it really been only a year since Elliott was born? Feels like it's been so much longer than that....

Also, completely agree with Batman (89) and it's not holdin up. Not that it's a bad film by any means as I'll still watch it if it's on and like it, but my god, people have that film in much higher regard than it deserves.

#28 satch fuji

satch fuji

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

I would've thought that Cheapy's E3 wishlist was:

1. "Smoke Weed Every Day." Holographic Nate Dogg note included.
2. Receive handjob from Korean sex slave featured in 45 minute documentary about Korean sex slaves.

I though the whole sex at a "message parlor" was an urban legend from a bygone era, until I listened to Ari Schaffer's and Neal Brennen's podcasts where they talked about it. If they're forced do it, that's horrible.

#29 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference?

Not avoiding it, I wasn't invited.

#30 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

That's gotta be the lowest content on actual gaming for the CAGcast in a long time. I still liked it though.

Unless there's some huge surprise announcement, I expect video of Shipwreck, Wombat, and CheapyD playing NBA Baller Beats to be my favorite thing to come out of E3.

Cheapy, is the 'garbage truck' associated with Nick Tahou's? I don't think it matters, as any garbage plate basically produces a plate of shame, I'm just curious.