CAGcast #285: The Pre E3 Airing of the Grievances

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

I was kinda frustrated to hear Shipwreck's PC troubles. Can't tell what's worse: ibuypower shitty customer service/communication, or Shipwreck being complacent through the ordeal. I understand that you just want it and you don't care, but c'mon man. You shouldn't let ibuypower shit all over you. You should be raising hell goddamn it.

#32 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

He should have cancelled his order and tried a more reputable site like Digital Storm. I bought my PC from Cyberpower in 2007 and I think they're related to ibuypower. They're certainly both shitty companies, whether or not the owners are the same.

Nice of Cheapy to admit he pooh-poohed Wombat last week. You gotta be careful about over doing the pooh-pooh.

Edited by Curufinwe, 02 June 2012 - 02:25 AM.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#33 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Not much to add to this one, I suppose. Cheapy's "if it were a dick it'd kill you" comment had me laughing. Probably one of his better quips in a while.

I echo Shipwreck's sentiments about Max Payne 3 although it sounds like I enjoyed it a little more than he did. I want to play through the second disc but after the story I think I'm done with it, which is sad considering the game isn't even a month old. On a related note, I hated that soccer stadium level. Too many enemies firing at you from all sides and the only cover available is a railing, which leaves you wide open to attacks. I had to rush most of that level and hope to the heavens for a cutscene/checkpoint.
Posted Image

#34 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Cheapy, is the 'garbage truck' associated with Nick Tahou's? I don't think it matters, as any garbage plate basically produces a plate of shame, I'm just curious.

Just a fan, I believe.

#35 CtrlAltDft

CtrlAltDft

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I felt like I was over a friend's house while they were arguing with their parents during that whole 'don't do this at E3' segment. I was pretty surprised no one said kazoo.
Control Alt Defeat

#36 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Shame on you CheapyD, do you not watch Game Center CX over there? Although the LA arcade featured in the America episode was this. http://www.yelp.com/...ade-los-angeles

I've been to that arcade. It's a nice little shopping center but the arcade itself is small and stuffy as hell. It's hard to know if it's big enough, because no one knows how many people are willing to go, but it's worth a shot.

Anyway, regardless of what's decided, I'm looking forward to the CAG meet-up again.

#37 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

What about this arcade?
http://www.familyamu...mily_arcade.php

#38 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

did you finish AC2?
IDk it looks like a direct competition with Bioshock infinite.

It is too bad my ballsack is about the best game the rest of this year.
Did you ride the high 2011 for the disappointment of 2012?

Shipwreck do multiple disc games usually have that problem in Redbox?
You should call because I feel a lot of games could get frustrated with that.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#39 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Than you Wombat for pointing out the truth.

I am a lifelong Batman fan. I learned to read from Detective Comics in the 70's I was as excited as anyone could be to see a real Batman movie instead of that goofy and stupid TV show. Instead what Tim Burton gave us was a confused mess, which is what most of his movies turn out to be. You can't even follow what he's doing in the fight scenes. It's all about atmosphere and mood instead of characters and story. I've been point out what crap that movie has been since it came out. Glad someone else now agrees.

And a big thank you to Christopher Nolan for getting it right! That's someone who obviously appreciates the character and understands where it all comes from

#40 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

The discussion on the West/Zampella v Activision lawsuit was poor. It was a civil suit so no one was going to prison, and the trial was due to start on June 1st and the judge had ordered that it must end by July 2nd than so West & Zampella didn't settle because it was dragging on so long - it was almost over.

http://www.xboxgamez...-till-june-1st/

People are saying good on West and Zampella for sticking it to Activision because of all the shady crap Activision tried to pull to get out of the contract Kotick signed.

http://www.eurogamer...l-of-the-decade

And the guys got paid. As Wombat sort of suggested, the cost of the settlement to Activision will come out of the Diablo 3 money.

http://www.sacbee.co...-announces.html

The company does not believe that the incremental one-time charges related to the settlement will result in a material impact on its GAAP or non-GAAP earnings per share outlook for the current quarter or the calendar year, due to stronger-than-expected operating performance in the current quarter.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#41 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

How long does it take to complete?

Somewhere between 3-5 hours.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Wombat, MS sells a 2-pack replacement pack of batteries now for about $20, but I've only seen them on NewEgg and at Walmart.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874103269

Shipwreck,
Nail'd was developed by Techland and just published by SouthPeak.

Cheapy,
Were you talking about former All-Pro OL Nate Newton of the Dallas Cowboys?
http://www.google.co...TnAGdHnjrKEYfiQ

Edited by MSUHitman, 02 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#43 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

What about this arcade?
http://www.familyamu...mily_arcade.php

I've never been there, but it does seem much bigger. This is the Japan Arcade the other user mentioned:

#44 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I just can not understand how anyone can see that Wombat is from Cheap Ass Gamer and then bitch at him about taking any/all freebie swag.

@Wombat
Every single fucking bit of free shit is for you! (don't let anyone tell you otherwise)
sudo mklove

#45 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Because it's Cheap Ass gamer not Shameless gamer

#46 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

If you want to watch terrible films, may I interest you in "The Room"?

#47 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I find it ironic that "Cheapy"D spends more money on gaming than anyone else I know.

Man you people are cheap.

#48 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

I like that Cheapy's E3 list was fairly unselfish while Wombat's list was 100% selfish.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#49 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Tim Burton's only good film was Mars Attacks. Fact.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#50 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

I like that Cheapy's E3 list was fairly unselfish while Wombat's list was 100% selfish.

I don't think that's accurate, at least not my intention.

#51 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

It sounds like you guys had better remember to pack a kazoo for your E3 trip!

#52 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

I don't think that's accurate, at least not my intention.

Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#53 chris31b

chris31b

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

Just a fan, I believe.

Cheapy, if you are ever in Rochester I will treat you to a plate and the antacid needed for the next day. Last time i took an out of towner to Nick's (sales guy visiting from California) he surely did not make any friends on the plane ride home (said he spent half the flight in the bathroom).

Anyways i will try to have one in your honor this week...

#54 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

I watched both Drive and that Sex Slaves report CheapyD mentioned just last night. Bad combination. I had a dream that we went on a heist. Cheapy and Shipwreck raided the building, I got shot, and while looking for help I ended up in a hot tub with Wombat. We got hand jobs from beautiful women while Robert De Niro smoked a cigar and watched.

#55 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thank god CheapyD and Shipwreck didn't like Drive. movie was just out of place and annoying. All this Drive love is ridiculous. It's really a weak movie with an annoying main character that has no reason not to talk then random scenes of violence that is more lol than anything. /driverant

#56 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.

Kazoo!

I only imagine that's because Wombat has his dander up from the reaction he got from the 2010 E3 trip (listen to E3 2010 Not So Collectors Edition to hear Wombat get lambasted) and he's just letting it be known that he's not going to be shamed for taking swag this time around.

Posted Image

#57 west goat

west goat

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

It's great how Shipwreck is up for recording videos of you guys just wandering around, checking out the show and talking about the games. I love this man!

#58 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hope you guys have a good time, always look forward to your thoughts on the show.

#59 darkwood78

darkwood78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hope you guys enjoy E3. I have gone a few times and will be there Tuesday, it is my version of boys week out. I heard the list you guys made on cagcast, it sounds like you have a good time together. I meet my friends at E3 and sometimes it is the only time we see one another each year. We go from men with kids, marriages, mortgages, too many work hours to giddy young kids playing and joking all day with minimal contact with the outside world. Have a blast guys, we will too!!!

P.S. Wombat grab all the free shit you can hold (or Shipwreck) , but know if they throw out exclusive skylanders for my daughter I will knock the crowd over to get one for her lmao!

#60 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Dang pretty comment-less for a CAGcast but I guess it's expected on a pre-E3 show

@Wombat
Man I've always stuck up for Wombat (in my mind) but him complaining about being so needed at work sounds so whiney it's off putting...

If you are that important you wouldn't complain about how much money you make

sorry..../rant
can't wait for the next show

1xz7eo.gif