Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #285: The Pre E3 Airing of the Grievances

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Dr. Treye

Dr. Treye

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Maybe I missed it somewhere but can we get the full specs of Cheapy's computer? I'm thinking of adding a PC to my home theater room and want one I won't have to upgrade for awhile.
Posted Image

#62 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.

True, but most of his points concerning Shipwreck and Wombat mainly involved making sure he don't look bad. From the sounds of things Shipwreck gets it on how to be "low key". And apparently Wombat needs to take a lesson in this.

While Wombat's points were about himself because he couldn't give a rats arse what the other two guys are doing. He's just glad to go out and have fun. I would tend to look at this as non-judgmental thinking as opposed to selfish.

#63 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Outside of the jump button and some of the interactions with the environment missing (turning faucets, opening drawers,etc.), I thought everything in Max Payne 3 carried over quite well (better than Part 1 and on par with Fall of Max Payne if I had to rank).

It sounded like Shipwreck was still "butthurt" that it wasn't made by the same exact people who did the first two games because his comments sounded more like he did a speed run or watched an episode of "Let's Play" instead of playing through the game to enjoy how much this new crew added things (animated panels, tv clips, clues, gun parts, more music instead of the same three themes, etc.) that made MP3 so good (after all he didn't even try multiplayer).

If Redbox had the PS3 disc or both Xbox discs available, would Shipwreck have played the game all the way through? Nevertheless, I'm glad CheapyD liked it.

Good episode.
Posted Image

#64 condensed

condensed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

What is the facebook game CheapyD liked?

#65 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think he said it was You Dont Know Jack

Posted Image

#66 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

I find it ironic that "Cheapy"D spends more money on gaming than anyone else I know.

This.

It's been this way for years. I love the show, but it would be cool if they could focus on deals/older games in the podcast. Some sort of feature that forces them to descend from their ivory towers/Ohio mansions...

#67 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Nice podcast. Have fun at E3 Cheapy, Wombat and Ship.

And Cheapy you shouldn't feel weird about not wanting to pay for a booze party for semi-strangers.
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009

#68 Zero_Kirby

Zero_Kirby

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

I thought Cheapy will post his list of his spec
Posted Image

#69 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Cheapy, why did you need such a large pc (it sounded like a full tower)? There are sff cases out now, that can accommodate full size graphics cards or two in SLI (or an expansion card), the i7 processor you have, a couple hard drives, a cd drive, full atx power supply, but use matx (smaller size) motherboards. I've used a gaming pc that is matx for years. This is just one example, there are tons of variations some bigger, some smaller, some cube shaped, some more like mini towers.

http://www.silversto...pid=196&area=en

Posted Image

If you didn't want to go that small there are tons of slightly bigger mini or mid tower cases that would fit everything you need for a gaming pc. You don't need all of those expansion bays in a full tower anymore and graphics cards have actually gotten better in the last couple generations with regard to heat.

#70 TripMasterMunky

TripMasterMunky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yo those GoDaddy codes don't work anymore
[URL="http://www.BuckSharlow.com"][/URL]

#71 Sean Price

Sean Price

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

yo.. we got some hip hop heads in here?

DOPE!!

WHO is this Nasty P fella and HOW do I get in touch with him?

dope mix for sure!!

Intro/Outro: Nas vs Drive Sountrack - Nasty P / Hologram: Time Traveler <-- what does it mean Intro/Outro... intro and or Outro to what?

but yeah how can I get in touch with this Nasty P dude, I wanna him how/where I can cop a full disc of his sh*T!!

thanks in advance

KEEP IT PEACE

oNe

#72 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

They are usually referred to as "sticks" of RAM, or if you want to be technically correct "memory modules", such as Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs) or Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMMs) for laptops.

Part of the culture of PC gaming is customizing your PC or "rig" to get the most out of it by overclocking, tweaking settings, and getting your hands dirty in the guts of what makes your system run.

You should start reading up on some PC gaming sites, like Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, Shacknews, and TIGSource for indie games.

Welcome to the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

#73 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

I just platted Saints Row 3 and Prototype 2. Both great games.
also beat Max Payne 3 on Hard, Hardcore and OldSchool, 75%+ trophies.
All 3 games were so so great. The gameplay is fantastic. I traded all back in but im down for goty/cheap versions. Loved the Cagcast, Thank you!

and yeah slow mo dive was so hardcore ;) you beat it Cheapy?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#74 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Big thanks to Wombat.. I am just now tinkering with my 3DS and exploring options such as "Find Me" which relies on those play tokens (earned by walking with the 3DS in sleep mode). After Wombat mentioned that his Fitbit was picking up train movement as footsteps, it inspired me to throw my 3DS in my car to see if it would accumulate "steps" on my daily commute. Needless to say, Mission Accomplished.
Posted Image