The Official CAG June 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

2012-06-01_01-08-32_685.jpg

2012-06-01_01-09-30_119.jpg

Both of the above are from a great deal from one CAG.

2012-06-01_01-10-40_236.jpg

Found these at a local store for $12. I somehow don't have a copy of NBA Jam, I should be able to get rid of MS Office easily enough, and I couldn't pass on the two PC games given how good of shape they're in and how old they are.

Since I am to lazy to dig up the ebay finds thread. I got the following lot for $62 shipped.

The guide is also an art book!
Also came with this!

That comes out to about $5 per item or if you want to think about it super cheaply less then $2.50 a game (yes I counted Snake vs Monkey)! Why no one tried to snipe me I do not know.

This also came in from NIS today

Best Buy:
Finally picked up Skyrim CE for $40. I had to use my "Sorry the BB near you closed" coupons because they expire tomorrow.

Thrift:

So much Pac Man memorabilia this past 2 months.

I told myself that I'm going to ease back hunting these next few weeks since I have a vacation coming up (which doesn't exclude hitting any possible flea markets out in VA/WV when I get there), but I grabbed a few things cheap:

PS3 KMART

Ghostbusters $6

PS2 2 local Gamestops

The Mark of Kri $2
Second Sight $1
Primal $3

My only somewhat gripe is that the GS three are disc only deals but for the price who really cares I guess. I just can't stand Gamestop like most ppl. Lately, however odd it may seem, I've been jonesing for cheap PS2 games I totally had missed the first go round. I may take the long way to work tomorrow and pick up Total Overdose for $2, and possibly PSI OPS.

One ridiculous thing...

I saw The Warriors, which I've been wanting for a while, at GS... $18 for just the disc. Somewhat rare or not, these idiots are smoking some sh*t if they think I'm paying around $20 for a disc and sleeve. Still want/need that game.

I've really been neglecting my Collector side lately. Money has been tight, so the majority of my "fun money" has gone towards food and bills and whatnot. Not a big deal because I was going a bit crazy for a couple of months there, but it's weird not having anything cool to show off. All I have is stuff from the beginning of last month that I somehow forgot to post in the May thread. And technically, all of it was bought at the end of April, so I don't even have any real pickups (the few games I bought were digital), but I'll share these anyway:
201205pickups.jpg

201205pickups2.jpg

201205pickups3.jpg

There you go. Nothing too exciting. The shirt is my wife's, but I included it because I think it's neat (and I paid for it).

I'll probably have more stuff this month. Not much more, though. Our money situation has been resolved, but I've lost some of my interest in acquiring more stuff for now. Besides, our property has become a bit unruly, so I'm thinking of hiring someone to mow it, pull trees, and maybe plant some grass. It's stuff I can do myself, but we're in a period of high temperatures and I can't handle the heat, so I'd rather just pay someone and not die.

never posted in this forum for as long as i have been here and been looking at what other people have found and posted.

from 6/1:

2012-06-02_20-40-12_457.jpg

picked this up finally in a random trip to a local gamestop. no, it was not a pre-order, they had gotten it in an hour before.

2012-06-02_20-44-48_254.jpg

just thought this was awesome.

2012-06-02_20-41-51_678.jpg

b2g1 at gs. needed some holes filled.

2012-06-02_20-42-38_57.jpg

new at gs. phantom brave is sealed.

from 6/2:
even more awesome to me that the diablo 3 collectors edition
2012-06-02_20-43-23_74.jpg

yes those are sealed and the stickers are what i paid. best thing i have ever found at goodwill.

bad thing is:
2012-06-02_20-43-41_647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Animal7390']never posted in this forum for as long as i have been here and been looking at what other people have found and posted.

from 6/2:
even more awesome to me that the diablo 3 collectors edition
2012-06-02_20-43-23_74.jpg

yes those are sealed and the stickers are what i paid.

bad thing is:
2012-06-02_20-43-41_647.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what store are the GBA games from? Nice find even if there is a bit of damage on the boxes.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Just out of curiosity, what store are the GBA games from? Nice find even if there is a bit of damage on the boxes.[/QUOTE]

goodwill

Ok, so I know people sometimes frown upon the posting of clothes, but this must be shared. Today for $5 at Walmart, I got this Chicago Bulls shirt that for some reason depicts Spider-Man doing absolutely nothing related to the Bulls, the NBA, or basketball in general. This is simply awesome.
754321dd.jpg

I also had my final May pickup come in. Death Jr new for $2.xx from the Glyde sale.
2dc72882.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Animal7390']

2012-06-02_20-44-48_254.jpg

just thought this was awesome.

[/QUOTE]
:shock: That is absolutely amazing! WANT! :applause:

---

These were my finds for today...

picture.php

The "Lara Croft In Wet Suit" Tomb Raider figure was a flea market find that I haggled down from $10 to $6. The top of the box has faded because of being out of the sun, but the figure is mint and the rest of the box is in great shape. It's also sealed.

Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour was $1.50 after a 50% off sale.

One of the best gaming finds in my 8 years of collecting: a copy of Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Edition with box and manual! Found this baby on Kijiji for $180 and gave him a counteroffer of $150. He accepted it and even knocked down the price to $140 because he felt bad that I had to drive half an hour to get to him. He clearly knew what it was worth, but he waned to sell it to someone who wanted it more. Really nice guy.

scaled.php

[quote name='Animal7390']never posted in this forum for as long as i have been here and been looking at what other people have found and posted.

from 6/1:

2012-06-02_20-40-12_457.jpg

picked this up finally in a random trip to a local gamestop. no, it was not a pre-order, they had gotten it in an hour before.

[/QUOTE]

Did you have to ask for it or was it out on the floor? I've been trying to find one of these anywhere but haven't seen any!

[quote name='Drclaw411']Ok, so I know people sometimes frown upon the posting of clothes, but this must be shared. Today for $5 at Walmart, I got this Chicago Bulls shirt that for some reason depicts Spider-Man doing absolutely nothing related to the Bulls, the NBA, or basketball in general. This is simply awesome.

[/QUOTE]

Marvel licensed their characters to the NBA sometime last year. They did this with various heroes and teams. I believe there is also a Spider-Man shirt with the Knicks.

[quote name='ducksoda7']One of the best gaming finds in my 8 years of collecting: a copy of Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Edition with box and manual! Found this baby on Kijiji for $180 and gave him a counteroffer of $150. He accepted it and even knocked down the price to $140 because he felt bad that I had to drive half an hour to get to him. He clearly knew what it was worth, but he waned to sell it to someone who wanted it more. Really nice guy.

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

I love this game!!! So many memories!!

[quote name='logicmeme']Did you have to ask for it or was it out on the floor? I've been trying to find one of these anywhere but haven't seen any![/QUOTE]

i asked for it but it was just on the back counter

Beside the typical game/anime/blu pick ups, I upgraded my mouse keyboard (from various logitech/microsoft gaming mice/keyboards etc) to a mechanical keyboard from WASD Keyboard (cherry brown switches) and the Razer Naga Hex mouse.

Here is a pic of them on my desk.

Love the keyboard and it has my nic on the spacebar. Really awesome keyboard! The jury is still out on the mouse... still getting use to it.

desk_june_2012.jpg

Don't have pics, but here:

:3ds: Crush 3D $29 Amazon
:3ds: Cave Story 3D $30 Amazon
:ds: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors $24 Amazon
:ds: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth $33 Amazon
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Justice for All $30 Amazon
:ds: The World Ends With You $31 Amazon
:ds: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney $44 Amazon
-$50 Amazon GC x2

Total $138 out of pocket.

2012-06-10_23-45-30_330.jpg

So I have a ton of Gamestop pickups this update. The top two I got randomly at the store by my house, and the bottom three with a B2G1 coupon for renewing my PowerUp rewards at a store by my work.

2012-06-10_23-46-49_634.jpg

I paid an obscene amount for these. I had the boxes for 2 and 3, but they were beat to shit and missing the manuals, and I would really like to wrap up my Mega Man collection sooner than later.

2012-06-10_23-48-46_337.jpg

I went on a road trip up north this weekend and swung by every Gamestop on the way there and back. I'll be returning one of the FFT's and swapping in Brave Story for the B2G1 they have going on for PSP/GCN/PS2 games.

2012-06-10_23-50-12_107.jpg

More mega man games and some cheapies/rarities.

2012-06-10_23-51-13_651.jpg

Last of my Gamestop pickups.

2012-06-11_00-03-26_436.jpg

When I was sorting through my CIBs adding box protectors to them, I noticed my Starfox was missing the insert to hold the cartridge and the rumble pack. I found a cheap one on Amazon and jumped on it expecting the condition to be worse. It fortunately is not, but now I have an extra CIB(minus the insert) I don't know what to do with.

DSC04894.jpg

That Wii box is why I love my GameStop. That just sums it up perfectly. I was going in ready and willing to accept a cheap generic GameStop Wii box, and when I said I wanted to buy a Wii the new employee girl doing my transaction went into the back room to get a generic GameStop box. But then, the (super awesome knows me by name) manager stopped her and told her to give me one of the nice original Wii boxes that was behind the counter. So, yeah, I have an awesome GameStop.

Serenity is my first Blu-Ray ever. $5 at a sale. I don't even care if I got a good deal or not. I saw, and I wanted. Super Paper Mario I got for $5 at a garage sale. Would have made a nice flip, but then I decided to buy a Wii and it became a great deal. Link was a freebie thrown in with a big purchase at a sale a few days ago (with the rest of what I got paying for the Wii). And Bully was bought with a lot of games at a sale, the rest of which have been long since sold.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
2012-06-10_23-45-30_330.jpg

So I have a ton of Gamestop pickups this update. The top two I got randomly at the store by my house, and the bottom three with a B2G1 coupon for renewing my PowerUp rewards at a store by my work.

2012-06-10_23-46-49_634.jpg

I paid an obscene amount for these. I had the boxes for 2 and 3, but they were beat to shit and missing the manuals, and I would really like to wrap up my Mega Man collection sooner than later.

2012-06-10_23-48-46_337.jpg

I went on a road trip up north this weekend and swung by every Gamestop on the way there and back. I'll be returning one of the FFT's and swapping in Brave Story for the B2G1 they have going on for PSP/GCN/PS2 games.

2012-06-10_23-50-12_107.jpg

More mega man games and some cheapies/rarities.

2012-06-10_23-51-13_651.jpg

Last of my Gamestop pickups.

2012-06-11_00-03-26_436.jpg

When I was sorting through my CIBs adding box protectors to them, I noticed my Starfox was missing the insert to hold the cartridge and the rumble pack. I found a cheap one on Amazon and jumped on it expecting the condition to be worse. It fortunately is not, but now I have an extra CIB(minus the insert) I don't know what to do with.[/QUOTE]

I just want to say fuck you for those awesome gamestop pick ups. :p

My big pickup for the month. Finally got a 3DS. Bit on GS's free copy of Steeldiver with a purchase. Also got Super Mario Land 3D.
2819bc5b.jpg

These came in from Hastings sale (sorry about sideways picture. Photobucket it screwed up. Lesson learned.):
d87b6e9c.jpg

And this...well...not gonna lie. It was in the bargain bin and I bought it because the title is hilarious.
fbbfe1aa.jpg

[quote name='KtMack23']I just want to say fuck you for those awesome gamestop pick ups. :p[/QUOTE]

Now if only they weren't Gamestop pickups, so they'd actually be collector quality =P

[quote name='Rollobobo']RANMA SAOTOME. This was the first anime I ever saw. Probably my favorite.[/QUOTE]

I so would get those box sets too! Kind of want a blu-ray version more though.

Pics time!

June 3rd - the day after my birthday, whereupon I got $100 in Amazon cards:

EY2I2l.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Crush 3D
Cave Story 3D
The World Ends With You

And today:

rQCjjl.jpg

Super Scribblenauts
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Super Street Fighter IV
My SAT Coach
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

And anotherpoorgamer, awesome avatar lol.

[quote name='Zaku77']Now if only they weren't Gamestop pickups, so they'd actually be collector quality =P[/QUOTE]

For some reason my Gamestop's used PSP games, at least most of them, seem like they just came out of the plastic wrap.

[quote name='KtMack23']For some reason my Gamestop's used PSP games, at least most of them, seem like they just came out of the plastic wrap.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I'm pretty particular about my games, but the PSP games I find at GS are in generally great shape and CIB.

BlueSwim, nice to see I'm not the only one picking uo Sailor Moon games on this site. haha

I got these from Best Buy using my welcome pack B2G1 coupon. Also got the CE of Soul Calibur V using the @gamer June coupon for $40 woohoo!

Also I thought the Kid Icarus guide had dropped in price recently, but when I scanned it the guide rang up $20... did I miss this?

[quote name='Squarehard']
photonkjg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WOW Ranma! I love this Anime with a Passion! I watched this as a kid and now sadly i only have the complete anime through a torrent, SADLY... You're one lucky man! I envy you! :cry:

Oh boy, that Saiyuki...that ended up getting really bad towards the end, but my wife and I watched the hell out of that show when we were dating. Had to watch a lot of episodes twice 'cause we'd get...distracted. Hubba hubba. Anyway, I was going to wait until tomorrow because I've got an awesome package waiting for me at the post office, but I'll just go ahead and share a few things...

201206pickups.jpg

Guitar Hero and Golden Sun came from Sears; 'twas just under $15 for both. I got Picross DS on eBay for just a few bucks (it's complete and in great shape). I had originally opted to not get the game because I was under the impression that the DSiWare of Mario's Picross had these puzzles added to it, but when I found out that it's actually the other way around, I ordered this right away because I need more Picross in my life (can't wait for the 3DSiWare games to come to the US!). And as you can see, there's $100 in PSN money there. I'm waiting for another $50 and I might send off for more. All courtesy of Langers juice.

201206pickups2.jpg

Birthday presents from my wife. I don't know why she got me the ghost lamp or the bacon wrapping paper, but I just love the Cave Johnson portrait. It makes me even more sad about not having my own gaming room/man cave, but it has a nice home in the living room for now.

bread's done
Back