DEAD Alan Wake Digital CE (Steam) $11.89 for 1st 500 from GameStop

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
GameStop is selling the Alan Wake Collector Edition download at 66% off today as part of this week's Impulse Flash Sale. It's only for the first 500 people. Alan Wake is a Steamworks game so you will receive a key to redeem there.

Sale is live

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Any guesses on how much this will be in the steam summer sale? It seems like it's been on sale a lot lately on Steam, Amazon and now here. I think I'll hold out for $7.50.

[quote name='Wario64']Hah, it's not even 10 AM. Failure.[/QUOTE]

I know...i grabbed one...ive been on the fence about getting it...i know it will be cheaper...but i kinda want to play it now

Just purchased it; wait for the email confirmation Impulse sends you as it has the serial number in it. This means you don't have to install any client.

[quote name='ctclements']Any guesses on how much this will be in the steam summer sale? It seems like it's been on sale a lot lately on Steam, Amazon and now here. I think I'll hold out for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Might be a summer sale on Steam soon enough...and more than 500 available.

[quote name='ctclements']Any guesses on how much this will be in the steam summer sale? It seems like it's been on sale a lot lately on Steam, Amazon and now here. I think I'll hold out for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Even at 75% off that'd be $8.75. It's a relatively new release so I don't see it dropping below 66% off on Steam. Maybe on Amazon when they're competing during the summer sale, but even then, $8.75 is the lowest I see this going until there's a price drop.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Just purchased it; wait for the email confirmation Impulse sends you as it has the serial number in it. This means you don't have to install any client.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people get confused on this point because all their webpages seem to have the generic message

* GameStop App must be installed in order to download software.

[quote name='Motoki']I think a lot of people get confused on this point because all their webpages seem to have the generic message

* GameStop App must be installed in order to download software.[/QUOTE]

Any known issues (ala Origin which everyone seems to despise) with this GameStop App??

[quote name='rieper']Any known issues (ala Origin which everyone seems to despise) with this GameStop App??[/QUOTE]

Its a steamworks game you don't have to use gamestops app.

Thanks op, ended up grabbing a copy and activated it on steam. I figure even if it does go cheaper during Steams summer sale, I'll have only lost a few dollars.

[quote name='Terlan']Its a steamworks game you don't have to use gamestops app.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I received my order confirmation, but it does not have a software key. The email tells me I have to install the app and get the key from there.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Are you sure? I received my order confirmation, but it does not have a software key. The email tells me I have to install the app and get the key from there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just bought it and got the e-mail within a minute. The cd key was right there in the e-mail right under the name of the game. I just copied and pasted it into steam and it activated just fine.

[quote name='Terlan']Yeah, just bought it and got the e-mail within a minute. The cd key was right there in the e-mail right under the name of the game. I just copied and pasted it into steam and it activated just fine.[/QUOTE]

I guess I will have to contact them, because other than an order number, this is all that was listed under "Product":

Alan Wake Collector's Edition Quantity: 1 $11.89

[Registered in GameStop PC Downloads. Right click entry in the GameStop App and select "View Registration"]
http://www.impulsedriven.com/about (Install GameStop App and logon to download)

[quote name='RavenHawk']I guess I will have to contact them, because other than an order number, this is all that was listed under "Product":

Alan Wake Collector's Edition Quantity: 1 $11.89

[Registered in GameStop PC Downloads. Right click entry in the GameStop App and select "View Registration"]
http://www.impulsedriven.com/about (Install GameStop App and logon to download)[/QUOTE]

That's what happened when I bought Saints Row The Third back in March thru Impulse (Gamestop).

The key was viewable after I had installed the Gamestop app. I just copied it and activated thru Steam. You won't need to download it thru the Gamestop app.

Edit: I also purchased a game add-on that displayed the key directly in the e-mail but the main game key required the Impulse app. to view.

[quote name='AwRy108']Just ordered a new kick-ass CPU (i7-2600 Sandy Bridge) for my rig, so I'm all over this. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I just built up a new rig with the 2600K...very nice processor.

[quote name='Terlan']Well I just read in the steam deals thread here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316274&page=216 and they also bought the game but had to download the client to get the key to activate it on steam. Kinda weird some people are getting the key in the e-mail but others have to go through impulse.[/QUOTE]

Well I didnt get a code within the email so i went ahead and downloaded the Gamestop App just to get the serial code...after entering the code on Steam client it shows up as Alan Wake, not Alan Wake Collectors Edition.

:::damn:::

Good enough price to use with my GS credit. Obviously would prefer to just get the SN for the app and register it on Steam, though if I have to download the damned app, so be it.

[quote name='rieper']Well I didnt get a code within the email so i went ahead and downloaded the Gamestop App just to get the serial code...after entering the code on Steam client it shows up as Alan Wake, not Alan Wake Collectors Edition.

:::damn:::[/QUOTE]

Same here. But when I redeemed the key, it said "Alan Wake CE." Now it just shows as "Alan Wake" in my library.

I bit on a copy. It will probably take till the winter sale to get into the sub $5 range if it even does. I can deal with $12 for a CE of the game.

[quote name='gospelman']Same here. But when I redeemed the key, it said "Alan Wake CE." Now it just shows as "Alan Wake" in my library.[/QUOTE]

I think it's supposed to show up as "Alan Wake" in the library. Go to the DLC tab when clicking on the game and you should see "Developer Commentary" listed; this was included only in the CE of the game.

"Collector's Edition" extras, as they show up in Steam are listed as Developer commentary track as you play the game, the soundtrack, and a PDF of the 130-pp. illustrated book.

In case anyone was wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back