(DEAD) $5 Off Coupon - The Avengers 4-Disc Combo (BR3D+BR/DVD+DC) - $24.96 AC

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Amazon's price has now dropped to $24.99..

I cancelled my order an hour ago because I didn't want to chance it against Target but damn. I just don't like going out of my way anywhere early in the morning before work, I don't like being rushed.

#32 skylinersx

skylinersx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

wow nice! Will it be sold out at my local target if I go at 5pm?

#33 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

No idea, but have to imagine they'll have plenty of these to sell throughout the week as it's one of the more anticipated titles to be released on BD, and should be one of the bestsellng titles for the year too. Whether they'll all have the bonus disc later in the day or week is also unknown. I won't be able to go to a Target till Thursday at the earliest so who knows what I'll find at my local store.

#34 skylinersx

skylinersx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Crap, I can't decide should I cancel my Amazon order or not.

#35 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Well if you got in with the $5 oupon, it should be the same price on Amazon now.

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#36 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yeah if you had the $5 coupon and you're not sure if your Target will have it when you go then it's best to stick with Amazon. You can always

#37 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

I already paid off the 3d Avengers with a gift card when it was $29.99. Would Amazon just credit it back to my gift card or account?

#38 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Don't believe that for a second.

Wait out the 24-48 hours and if it's not auto-adjusted, make them adjust it manually. Their system is supposed to auto-adjust it in advance of shipment so that they won't have to do credits on the back end after it releases and ships out.

Waiting for Amazon to auto adjust my order since they dropped it down to 24.96.

Should drop down now to 19.96 AC.

#39 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Heh. Looks like Target's going even lower (might be YMMV).

Still waiting on Amazon to update the price on mine, should be $19.99 after coupon.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 Mister Herriman

Mister Herriman

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ugh, mine just shipped at 24.96 instead of 19.99. Will they credit me back my 5 bucks soon, or do I need to contact them now that it has shipped?

#41 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

It should be credited automatically within a day or two, but if not you can contact them and they'll credit you the difference.

#42 Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms

Deal Sniper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

They credit within two days of release day.

M

#43 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

I already paid off the 3d Avengers with a gift card when it was $29.99. Would Amazon just credit it back to my gift card or account?

I'm in the same situation except I paid $24.96 with a giftcard. I'm wondering if I will get that $5 giftcard back in my account.

Great, mine already shipped at $24.96. I might call customer service if the $5 doesn't come back in my account in a couple days.

#44 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm in the same situation except I paid $24.96 with a giftcard. I'm wondering if I will get that $5 giftcard back in my account.

Great, mine already shipped at $24.96. I might call customer service if the $5 doesn't come back in my account in a couple days.

Gift cards work the same way. They'll refund back to whatever form of payment it was charged under. If you don't see it within 2 days, just give them a call and they'll credit it back.

#45 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Mailed CS and they adjusted it to $19.99 manually.

I'm -not- excited about learning that the discs are stacked on top of each other. Such a weird, questionable decision.

Also, Target's bonus disc is apparently just bonus footage from the individual releases compiled. Incredibly lame. (A guy on bluray.com already has the Target version)

Edited by Scorch, 24 September 2012 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I would wait it out until end of the day on Thursday before contacting them, as their system should auto-credit out the difference within the 2-day timeframe. If you don't have an email from them by Thursday night, email them Friday to follow up.

The email should look like the following:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $4.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

The Grey (Two-Disc Combo Pack: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Price on order date: $23.99
Price charged at shipping: $23.99
Lowest price before release date: $19.99
Amount to be refunded: $4.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $4.00

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.

#47 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Down to $19.99 on Amazon. Just emailed them and they are processing a refund for me.
Spoiler

Looks like we can get the 3D Avengers for $15 if you preordered with the coupon!

CBrownsT10.png

#48 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Down to $19.99 on Amazon. Just emailed them and they are processing a refund for me.

Spoiler

Looks like we can get the 3D Avengers for $15 if you preordered with the coupon!

I'll be on the lookout for my $9.97 refund email as well, since mine shipped at $24.96 AC.

Guess hanging onto the Amazon was the smart thing after all with the $5 coupon that didn't go out as a B&M coupon.

Screen cap'd and printed the item page to PDF as backup in case the auto-refund doesn't go through.

#49 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Amazon rep said I'd get credited the difference in 2-3 days, but that they'd issue a refund if it didn't show up by then.

#50 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

I checked into the website and I have confirmed that the price has changed into $19.99. So, as a one time exception, I requested a refund of $9.97 to your credit card

I hate that they always say this when their pre-order price guarantee clearly states:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price within 48 hours of the release date.

They try to make it sound like they're doing you a favor (and sometimes even did not want to give it to me) when that is their policy.

#51 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

I just checked my order before I looked at this thread and am happy to see I'm only paying 14.99 for this bad boy!

#52 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

so I have a bit of strange situation now:

I had originally preordered this at $29.99 but realized I wouldnt really use the 3D or digital copy, so I cancelled my preorder and instead preordered the 2 disc BD at the Disney Store for $24.99+shipping, along with a set of lithographs and supposedly a $10 off coupon for an online purchase there that I would receive at release. Well no email yet but my copy got here last night. However, I'd really rather just pay $19.99 for the BD on Amazon, so should I plan on returning the Disney order (still unopened) or hope the coupon comes? Appreciate some advice on this one.

#53 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Funny... I went to go request my refund from Amazon (ordered w/ coupon, order shows $29), and when I select my Avengers order, a message pops up and says that they're refunding everyone who pre-ordered at any price greater than $19.99 and to expect a refund notification in 1-2 days. I guess they're just preempting everyone who's emailing to get their order adjusted.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

#54 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

They try to make it sound like they're doing you a favor (and sometimes even did not want to give it to me) when that is their policy.

That's why when I get back a response like that, I copy and paste the link to the pre-order price guarantee link on Amazon and remind them that it's not a one-time exception. It's their policy and they should know about it.

#55 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Yesterday evening received an email about Amazon processing the $9.97 refund.
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#56 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yesterday evening received an email about Amazon processing the $9.97 refund.

I'm excited I just got the same email. I can't believe we bought this amazing movie for $14.99 on release. I'm a huge cheap ass, but I would have paid $34.99 if that was lowest price available anywhere. It would be worth it to me because the "rewatchability" is very high.

That $9.97 will go towards either my Cinderella amazon preorder or my Avatar 3d amazon preorder.

#57 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Received my email this morning...killer deal!!!

#58 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Haven't gotten mine yet. I checked my account, the order got adjusted for the first drop but not the second. In fact they still haven't even shipped my copy out yet. I'm getting the feeling something got messed up since before either price drop I paid it off with gift cards and it lists the total as a -4.97.

#59 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Haven't gotten mine yet. I checked my account, the order got adjusted for the first drop but not the second. In fact they still haven't even shipped my copy out yet. I'm getting the feeling something got messed up since before either price drop I paid it off with gift cards and it lists the total as a -4.97.

It'll be fine. The credit balance will credit back to your gift card account after the order ships. Then the rest should go back once they adjust for the price difference. :-)

#60 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

It'll be fine. The credit balance will credit back to your gift card account after the order ships. Then the rest should go back once they adjust for the price difference. :-)

Yeah if it ever ships. As of writing this it still hasn't and is still stuck as listed 'shipping soon' which it has been listed since Monday. I contacted Amazon CS yesterday didn't get any help there either. After explaining it three times I got the same Pre-Order guarantee line and that I would receive it 1-2 after it ships on it's release date. Apparently they didn't seem to understand that the release date has already gone by and it still hasn't shipped. When I finally got them to understand that fact I was giving the line that they must have not gotten enough stock to cover all the pre-orders and that I would be shipped out one asap as soon as it came instock. I kindly pointed out that it was instock that it had been instock the whole time, which they then confirmed. After everything I was told they had no clue as to why it hasn't been shipped and that they would get back to me later that day with a solution, which never happened and still hasn't happened a day later.

I've never had a problem with Amazon until this, but this is starting to irritate me more than a little. Funny thing is according to my account my delivery date supposed to be today by the latest.