(DEAD) $5 Off Coupon - The Avengers 4-Disc Combo (BR3D+BR/DVD+DC) - $24.96 AC

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

Amazon has a $5 off coupon you can "clip" to your preorder for the 4-Disc edition of The Avengers. It's $34.99 right now, so with the coupon, the total will be $29.99.

Of course, new releases tend to drop in price as their release date approaches, so hopefully this will be no exception (releasing at $24.99 or $29.99 at BBY or Target is something to hope for :D).

Amazon doesn't list a release date, but it's slated for 9/25 going by articles on various movie sites.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't notice there's a Wiki thread now for coupons like this and someone else just posted this coupon in there. :oops: You can find the thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, Amazon is on a roll today. I just wish that, like Finding Nemo, the coupon on this would drop the price below the non-3D version. I have this pre-ordered, but might change it before release if the non-3D version is still cheaper.

[quote name='INCyr']Dang, Amazon is on a roll today. I just wish that, like Finding Nemo, the coupon on this would drop the price below the non-3D version. I have this pre-ordered, but might change it before release if the non-3D version is still cheaper.[/QUOTE]

What's the nemo deal?

Dang, I have additional Amazon credit and I cannot seem to get the $5 coupon to be applied without also using the credit, as I want to keep that for other purchases. Anybody else run into this?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Dang, I have additional Amazon credit and I cannot seem to get the $5 coupon to be applied without also using the credit, as I want to keep that for other purchases. Anybody else run into this?[/QUOTE]

Buy something on preorder with your credit, then buy the movie with the coupon, then cancel the prior preorder to get your credit back.

It's roundabout, but it's the only way that works as far as I know.

im so buying this im gonna check it out right now
sig.jpg

[quote name='thelonepig']Buy something on preorder with your credit, then buy the movie with the coupon, then cancel the prior preorder to get your credit back.

It's roundabout, but it's the only way that works as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Just had to do this. Preordered 2x Borderlands 2 Vault Hunter editions to tie it up so I could place the Avengers order without using my credit.

[quote name='thelonepig']Buy something on preorder with your credit, then buy the movie with the coupon, then cancel the prior preorder to get your credit back.

It's roundabout, but it's the only way that works as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, gonna do that myself

There's rumors now of an extended cut being released back in theaters to coincide with this release. They are hoping for another $150 mil from a 30 min extended cut so that this can surpass Avatar in domestic gross. It's all pie in the sky right now but if that cut is being talked about, I wonder how far down the road before it lands on blu, regardless of hitting theaters or not...

If the extended cut does well, I wonder if we'll start seeing extended cuts of all the marvel films. I'm actually pretty keen on seeing a longer cut of Hulk in particular.

[quote name='movie_mike'] I'm actually pretty keen on seeing a longer cut of Hulk in particular.[/QUOTE]

*cough*fan edits*cough*

[quote name='scarface333']Price Drop, now $29.96.....$24.96 if you used the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope we will get -$5 drop for ppl like myself who preordered when it was 34 with the coupon. Feels like i was cheated.

[quote name='nintendolink007']I sure hope we will get -$5 drop for ppl like myself who preordered when it was 34 with the coupon. Feels like i was cheated.[/QUOTE]

They will adjust the price. They always take the $ off coupon off whatever price it is when it ships. Have done it many times.

[quote name='nintendolink007']I sure hope we will get -$5 drop for ppl like myself who preordered when it was 34 with the coupon. Feels like i was cheated.[/QUOTE]Wait 48 hours and if the price hasn't changed, send Amazon an email to manually adjust the price.

It normally takes 24-48 hours for the price to auto-adjust for a pre-ordered item, so there's no reason to feel like you're cheated. If it doesn't happen, email Amazon and they'll fix it.

Every pre-order I've done with Amazon works the same way, the price drops, it either auto-adjusts in 24-48 hours or I get it manually adjusted after that timeframe if there's no auto-adjust.

[quote name='Scorch']I contacted CS and they told me that regardless of my "order total", it will ship at $25 since I used the coupon.[/QUOTE]Don't believe that for a second.

Wait out the 24-48 hours and if it's not auto-adjusted, make them adjust it manually. Their system is supposed to auto-adjust it in advance of shipment so that they won't have to do credits on the back end after it releases and ships out.

Hate to bump this, but any chance of Amazon PM'ing Target's price of 24.99 so we can get it for $20 with coupon? (I am still skeptical since Target's is an exclusive and Amazon only PM'd the 2-disc version so far to 19.99).

Thanks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon's price has now dropped to $24.99..[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my order an hour ago because I didn't want to chance it against Target but damn. I just don't like going out of my way anywhere early in the morning before work, I don't like being rushed.

No idea, but have to imagine they'll have plenty of these to sell throughout the week as it's one of the more anticipated titles to be released on BD, and should be one of the bestsellng titles for the year too. Whether they'll all have the bonus disc later in the day or week is also unknown. I won't be able to go to a Target till Thursday at the earliest so who knows what I'll find at my local store.

Yeah if you had the $5 coupon and you're not sure if your Target will have it when you go then it's best to stick with Amazon. You can always

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't believe that for a second.

Wait out the 24-48 hours and if it's not auto-adjusted, make them adjust it manually. Their system is supposed to auto-adjust it in advance of shipment so that they won't have to do credits on the back end after it releases and ships out.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for Amazon to auto adjust my order since they dropped it down to 24.96.

Should drop down now to 19.96 AC.

Ugh, mine just shipped at 24.96 instead of 19.99. Will they credit me back my 5 bucks soon, or do I need to contact them now that it has shipped?

[quote name='blueweltall']I already paid off the 3d Avengers with a gift card when it was $29.99. Would Amazon just credit it back to my gift card or account?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation except I paid $24.96 with a giftcard. I'm wondering if I will get that $5 giftcard back in my account.

Great, mine already shipped at $24.96. I might call customer service if the $5 doesn't come back in my account in a couple days.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm in the same situation except I paid $24.96 with a giftcard. I'm wondering if I will get that $5 giftcard back in my account.

Great, mine already shipped at $24.96. I might call customer service if the $5 doesn't come back in my account in a couple days.[/QUOTE]

Gift cards work the same way. They'll refund back to whatever form of payment it was charged under. If you don't see it within 2 days, just give them a call and they'll credit it back.

Mailed CS and they adjusted it to $19.99 manually.

I'm -not- excited about learning that the discs are stacked on top of each other. Such a weird, questionable decision.

Also, Target's bonus disc is apparently just bonus footage from the individual releases compiled. Incredibly lame. (A guy on bluray.com already has the Target version)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would wait it out until end of the day on Thursday before contacting them, as their system should auto-credit out the difference within the 2-day timeframe. If you don't have an email from them by Thursday night, email them Friday to follow up.

The email should look like the following:
[quote name='Amazon savings email']Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $4.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

The Grey (Two-Disc Combo Pack: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Price on order date: $23.99
Price charged at shipping: $23.99
Lowest price before release date: $19.99
Amount to be refunded: $4.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $4.00

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.[/quote]

Down to $19.99 on Amazon. Just emailed them and they are processing a refund for me.
Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see a lower price on the Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

I see that the price have changed on September 23,2012 to $24.99 and it didn't automatically apply to the order. I'm sorry about this.

I checked into the website and I have confirmed that the price has changed into $19.99. So, as a one time exception, I requested a refund of $9.97 to your credit card.You'll see the refund on your credit card statement in the next 2-3 business days. Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

Looks like we can get the 3D Avengers for $15 if you preordered with the coupon!

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Down to $19.99 on Amazon. Just emailed them and they are processing a refund for me.
Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see a lower price on the Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

I see that the price have changed on September 23,2012 to $24.99 and it didn't automatically apply to the order. I'm sorry about this.

I checked into the website and I have confirmed that the price has changed into $19.99. So, as a one time exception, I requested a refund of $9.97 to your credit card.You'll see the refund on your credit card statement in the next 2-3 business days. Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund request here:

Looks like we can get the 3D Avengers for $15 if you preordered with the coupon![/QUOTE]I'll be on the lookout for my $9.97 refund email as well, since mine shipped at $24.96 AC.

Guess hanging onto the Amazon was the smart thing after all with the $5 coupon that didn't go out as a B&M coupon.

Screen cap'd and printed the item page to PDF as backup in case the auto-refund doesn't go through.

bread's done
Back