Photo
- - - - -

Saints Row: The Third Collector's Edition dropped down to pre-owned price!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Must be building a reputation around where I live lol
walked into GS, employee says "hey your the guy who always comes gets stuff moved to used right?"
After I respond, he pulls out saints row 3 CE and says "looking for this?"

Normally GS can be hit or miss, but can say that kind of customer service is awesome lol

MadrocSZ.png

#32 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

I saw a 360 CE one, but passed on it since I don't have anyone to coop with right now.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:ps3: Final Fantasy X HD :hot:

:ps4: Nothing

:xb1: Nothing

#33 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Fail. It was like 20 bucks months ago.

Don't reproduce, thank you. Sincerely, Evolution.

#34 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Grr! I am tempted to take a trip and check. I want those autotune headphones no matter how much they suck lol
Posted Image

#35 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

I might pick one up if I see it. I loved this game and shouldn't have sold it.

Totally in the same boat

#36 Japanaman

Japanaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

UGH! I remember Toys R Us had it WAY cheaper. In fact, you could buy the regular edition for $29.99 from Best Buy in December 2011. I would have gotten it for $29.99, but I already traded for a $59.99 copy via eStarland.com a week before the temporary price drop.

#37 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

name a THQ console game that has a goty version.
there might be one out there, but i can't think of any. only one off the top of my head is company of heroes and thats pc.

They did just release a "Wrestlemania" edition of WWE '12 with all the DLC included, although that was only in Europe. Outside of that, I can't really think of any THQ game that had enough DLC and was popular enough to justify a GOTY edition.

#38 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

Well, when talking about a GOTY, I usually look at the history of the past games in the series as a meter.

The last 2 of Saints went platinum and if I remember right, part 2 (which had the most stuff) didn't come with any of that on disc. It was just the game.

I think at some point they even put both games into one pack and part 2 still didn't come with anything extra.

If you wanted the DLC, you had to download it.

So I don't think that the odds are good for a SR3 GOTY.

#39 violentfox

violentfox

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

this was at TRU for 10 dollars?! man i'm sorry i missed it

#40 lostprophets2012

lostprophets2012

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Technically....you could buy it...take all the DLC and headphones and return the game with the receipt and get your money back....if you wanted to wait for a better price drop...

#41 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

At my gamestop the clerk refused to believe that there is a Saints Row the Third CE

#42 lostprophets2012

lostprophets2012

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

At my gamestop the clerk refused to believe that there is a Saints Row the Third CE

yeah that employee is apparently not a very knowledgable GameStop employee....:dunce:

#43 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

or he was trying to look it up and the problem is that this is called the 'platinum edition' and not collectors. He could still be dumb but it may be a simple mistake

Edited by shadowkast, 03 June 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#44 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

unknowledgeable game stop employees are the rule, not the exception.

#45 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Edit: nevermind

#46 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

This was $5 at Toys R Us not too long ago to clear out the leftovers... its not worth $30.. the headphones work on a regular headphone jack not the ps3 ... The game itself you can get cheaper too

#47 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

This was $5 at Toys R Us not too long ago to clear out the leftovers... its not worth $30.. the headphones work on a regular headphone jack not the ps3 ... The game itself you can get cheaper too

It's already been stated that it was 9.99 (for PS3 only, at that) and maybe a handful of people got in on the deal, so please read the thread before coming in here and posting something totally irrelevant.

#48 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

This may be bad information I went to a store that had 1 and it rang up 70 dollars. The clerk knew nothing about it being put to new used and the system ring it up as a collectors edition still.

#49 lostprophets2012

lostprophets2012

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

This may be bad information I went to a store that had 1 and it rang up 70 dollars. The clerk knew nothing about it being put to new used and the system ring it up as a collectors edition still.

To confirm....i work at GameStop and i know for 100% because i personally did the price drop..they wouldve gotten an email about it and price adjustments. That's why i posted this on here because my local GameStop that i work at had it on sale. GameStop has universal price drops so it isn't YMMV.

#50 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Technically....you could buy it...take all the DLC and headphones and return the game with the receipt and get your money back....if you wanted to wait for a better price drop...

Can you really ?

#51 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Easier to just steal it while no one is looking.

#52 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

I also asked him to look up the Platinum Pack, but then he said that it wasn't released. The guy was nice though.

#53 lostprophets2012

lostprophets2012

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Can you really ?

technically yes....because it doesn't ring up as a collectors...but only the pre-owned saints row the third..so no one can tell it was from the platinum edition.

#54 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

To confirm....i work at GameStop and i know for 100% because i personally did the price drop..they wouldve gotten an email about it and price adjustments. That's why i posted this on here because my local GameStop that i work at had it on sale. GameStop has universal price drops so it isn't YMMV.

That's really strange because it's not like the guy just told me it wasn't $47.99, the pinpad said $69.99 so it's not like it was a change the workers would make, it was the system itself saying it was $70.

Do you think he should have rung it up as used then? I want this on the cheap side but I definitely don't feel like fighting with the guy.

#55 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

My local GS stores don't have it in stock. There is one a little out of the way that the employee said was in stock, but it could be that it's a copy that hasn't been converted to used -- because if it was converted to used, it should be grouped in with all other used Saints Row 3 copies, correct?

#56 lostprophets2012

lostprophets2012

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Well, at my store when we convert to used we just leave them on display behind the counter so customers can buy if they like. If they scanned the barcode on the actual box then yes it would ring up 70$ but, it was a universal price drop through GameStop...Maybe you should ask the manager about it. Tell him that a store in Sarasota Florida has dropped it to preowned.