Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1082 replies to this topic

#271 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm still skeptical, but will most likely get day one...just afraid I may regret it.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#272 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I dont think ill regret buying it. Hopefully the campaign is pretty long and fun. Thats what i care about most. I already dont expect much from MP, but maybe ill end up liking it. But the changes they made, its going to be hard. Especially when its Cog vs Cog, so dumb.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#273 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm getting day one too. I'm sure I'll love the campaign, and I'm not that into the versus multiplayer anyway. It's too bad that there's no Horde mode but it's not like Gears 3 Horde is going away.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#274 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Get a Load of Gears of War: Judgment’s New Weapons and Multiplayer Features

#275 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Gears of War Judgment Kilo Squad Edition (GS Exclusive in the UK): :roll:

• Gears of War: Judgment game (of course)
  • 18cm Baird action figure
  • Cog tag necklace
  • Hammerburst DLC
  • Emergence Day Marcus character skin
  • Limited time offer: code to download the original Gears of War
Posted Image

I know it isn't anything overly exciting but dammit why no US :bomb:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#276 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

New MP video sold me, just wondering about executions....

http://www.viddler.com/v/4721b121

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#277 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just saw where it leaked to torrent sites....

#278 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Get a Load of Gears of War: Judgment’s New Weapons and Multiplayer Features

Not feeling the Cog vs Cog still, and the health nades seem dumb. I have a feeling i wont play this games MP that long.

LP, there arent any executions.

#279 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Just saw where it leaked to torrent sites....

Just as a warning to all, Microsoft will ban anyone they catch playing it with their console connected to Live.

#280 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Check this video out, shows skins, and character skins. Idk how you will tell red cog and blue cog apart if you have special skins going on.

I like the skeleton skins, and a few other body skins.

Edited by The 7th Number, 19 February 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#281 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Not feeling the Cog vs Cog still, and the health nades seem dumb. I have a feeling i wont play this games MP that long.

LP, there arent any executions.

I think there is...look at the viddler 25-26s mark, there's a Sniper Execution being performed.

----

I'm liking the skins!

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#282 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

1:05!

I made one "slightly" like that for a contest over a year ago on the Gears Forums, though mine didn't look that smooth and was just grey and white for a Great White, instead blue and green at the end. I even had the white chainsaw occasionally going red for the "blood" effect.

I want to use that! But it costs credits! Bah!

Edited by The Ebbtide, 20 February 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#283 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

New MP video sold me, just wondering about executions....

http://www.viddler.com/v/4721b121

Ok I'm excited

#284 zyk

zyk

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

MP looks sick, can't wait.

#285 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

COG vs UIR, but you probably meant the same thing anyway...
http://gearsofwar.wi...i/Pendulum_Wars

which is actually very Star Wars'ish...
so you're a Separatist? but now a Rebel? And now the Republic is the true enemy?! whoa there...
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#286 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Check this video out, shows skins, and character skins. Idk how you will tell red cog and blue cog apart if you have special skins going on.

I like the skeleton skins, and a few other body skins.

nice! thanks, 7th#.

that's one great preview!! love the character skins; even some of the weapon skins, but micro-transactions...!? [runs away]
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#287 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

COG vs UIR, but you probably meant the same thing anyway...
http://gearsofwar.wi...i/Pendulum_Wars

which is actually very Star Wars'ish...
so you're a Separatist? but now a Rebel? And now the Republic is the true enemy?! whoa there...

Well i hope its something different. I dont want to see Red Baird killing Blue Baird. If the red and blue teams actually have different characters then i think i can get used to that and know who is on my team, and who is the enemy a little easier.

EDIT: after watching the trailer again it doesnt seem to be the case. Same characters are red and blue. -_-

Yeah im glad one of the skeleton body skins are actually unlockable. Thats one that i really like.

EDIT: I wonder if the character skins are only good with FFA, that seems like the only time i see them wearing any.

Edited by The 7th Number, 20 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#288 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Thank you for the video The 7th Number

#289 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

You know i was playing some Gears 3 today and thought about it, i do kind of hate playing as Locust. Maybe Cog vs Cog isnt so bad. I just hope its easy to tell which team a player is on. It was different in Gears 1 and 2 when most of the characters had similar hit boxes. But in Gears 3 you have big, medium, and small characters now, with most of the medium and small characters being on the Cog side. I just generally dont like the idea of say a baird killing another baird from the other team. But in the end it really doesnt matter, MP isnt cannon or supposed to be realistic i guess, just supposed to be fun.

I wonder how much those character skins will cost. I like the skeletal one but thats unlocked in campaign. I could also see me getting the Zombie, Deadly Cute, Super Hero... well they are hard to really see on youtube. Plus i wonder if you can check them out on other characters. It would be neat to have a clan who all use the same character skin. Like 5 guys using inmate. LOL.

#290 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Jungle Tai

Grayson Hunt and Trishka Novak, the protagonists from Bulletstorm.

Pre-order skins:
Young Marcus
Young Dom
Anya
Alex Brand

The Employee Skin

All others currently known by mods or hacks.

Good to see that Young Dom actually looks more like Dom than the originally released photos made him appear.

#291 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

That is so cool! I always wanted Grayson and Trishka in Gears 3.

#292 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

That is so cool! I always wanted Grayson and Trishka in Gears 3.

I'm wondering if they'll be tied to achievements from Bulletstorm, as the previous posted video didn't show them. I know Epic mentioned in Gears of War 3 that Microsoft wouldn't allow the legacy unlocks to go beyond the actual game series, which is why the unlocks for achievements with Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament 3 or Shadow Complex didn't happen. Yet Lost Planet 2 featured Marcus and Dom, and had character unlocks for having Resident Evil 5 or Dead Rising save files (I know they were Capcom games, but Microsoft had no issue with cross promotion there).

Maybe they'll just be available for everyone?

I still have not heard anything about Legacy Unlocks from previous Gears of War, though, like 2 and 3 did. I guess there's no rush to hit multiple 100's in Gears of War 3 for this games characters or weapon skins.

#293 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Seriously bulletstorm characters? :/

I wonder if jungle Tai is actually quiet, and has no shadow. Or is that just a description? That photo makes it look like he has a zombie skin or something.

Sucks there is no Dizzy. Not even A. Carmine. But there is Clayton. :-(

Looks like ill spend most of my time using Kim. Him or maybe Alex Brand, but i dont really like using females. I dont like how skinny they are.

PS. Not enough Cole skins!

#294 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

The Booshka:

http://www.viddler.com/v/405dcdcd

Weapon execution at 27s mark. They are included :D

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#295 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

The Booshka:

Yeah but that was vs a locust, so either campaign or overrun.

#296 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I really really hope you're wrong. ;)

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#297 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

The Booshka:

They've eliminated executions to make the game faster. They solely exist in Overrun and The Campaign (and I'd assume Survival...I guess we'll have to wait for more leaked info since Epic has no decent Public Relations or Marketing team anymore).

They reasoned that it just didn't make sense to keep them, as it slowed gameplay, and their tracking of Gears of War 3 statistics proved that people rarely did executions anymore. It's why they raised the XP bonus for doing executions, hoping it would entice people to do it more, but with little jump in the resulting numbers.

Essentially, most of the changes they've made in this game are apparently based off of tracking data and 'fan requests.' Since people don't execute often enough, why keep it? Since people seem to use one weapon mostly, why let them carry more than two? Since people rarely play the game as a cover shooter and rush in, why not give them a blind-fire crosshair (what an odd concept)?

Then people hated wall tagged grenades. They hated having to stop to crouch for ammunition for their guns. They complained about the Locust size imbalance. They wanted a free-for-all. Technically speaking...Epic did listen. It's just that when they gave it, people were not impressed, so far.

They have explained that executions are not 'gone.' If the game comes out and people really want them back, they can 'flip a switch' to reimplement them, but it would be across all games. That means that your kills would literally be stolen in Free-For-All games if you down someone across them map and I'm closer to grab the down, though.

They've also removed it from team modes because there is infinite spawns, so there no longer will be that last man standing that usually gets the insult execution. It's just for pacing, and apparently their numbers support this change.

It's just a shame that the demo comes out the day of release, and only for one mode. If people could actually play these changes they could at least decide with actual experience if the changes work or not. Maybe that's what Epic is afraid of, though.

#298 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

I hope they can "flip a switch" to bring back the locust. I just worry cog vs cog will be too confusing.

#299 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

I hope they can "flip a switch" to bring back the locust. I just worry cog vs cog will be too confusing.

I'm almost positive that that was one of the few things they said wasn't coming back. Again, if they had a Beta for these big changes, people and Epic could both see if this would work well or disrupt the player base. I just can't understand why they wouldn't have tried testing this game with a Beta if they were going to change so much of it.

The only positive I can think of is that with no Locust, at least in multiplayer you should be able to use your preferred character skin, and not default to Marcus or the Drone. 3 had too many characters and weapon skins that there wasn't enough RAM to store the player customized features, which is why weapon skins worked, but not characters because of design and voice files.

...and then I remembered that Epic already explained that Baird is the default character skin for people who join matches in progress. Nevermind.

#300 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm gonna miss being a locust. :(