Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

#31 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Complaining about shotguns in gears of war? What? It wasn't until GOW 3 is when people used other weapons besides gnashers

#32 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.

By shotgun you mean sawed off? Because i dont know how you enjoyed any of the games in the past if you meant gnasher. Gears 3 is the best game to counter gnasher players. If you mean sawed off, there were people already saying they seen pics from the GI mag that showed a SOS. I am just hoping thats in Overrun mode only. Honestly i dont think this game will have a standard vs mode, and if it does it will just add onto Gears 3, ODST style.

We will find out tomorrow!

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#33 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

I only hope they removed or seriously disabled/nerfed the shotgun so I can enjoy MP again.

Who am I kidding, It would be more realistic to hope for the moon to turn to chocolate tomorrow.

I, for one, am with you... the Gnasher was ridiculously overpowered in Gears 2, and not much better in Gears 3. Yeah, 7th Number, I hear you already typing your rebuttal, but we all have our opinions and you and I disagree!

#34 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

I, for one, am with you... the Gnasher was ridiculously overpowered in Gears 2, and not much better in Gears 3. Yeah, 7th Number, I hear you already typing your rebuttal, but we all have our opinions and you and I disagree!

LOL okay since you already here me typing i have to comment. If Gears didnt have a gnasher it wouldnt be unique. Taking it away would be ripping the heart out of gears. Im not even that great with the gnasher but its the gun i like to use most. Probably because its the most satisfying gun to get a kill with. Popping someones head off, or just blowing them into pieces. It sure beats killing them with a rifle, that you can do in pretty much any other shooter.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#35 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

Complaining about shotguns in gears of war? What? It wasn't until GOW 3 is when people used other weapons besides gnashers

Exactly why Gears 3 has been my favorite of the series.

#36 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

The Gnasher is 100% the reason why I love this series so much. It takes genuine skill(most of the time) to be good with it and win battles. Honestly, is there anything more satisfying in any game than blowing someone's head off that is trying to wall bounce in a 1 vs 1 situation to win the game? I don't think.

630736.png

#37 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Getting a torque headshot makes my nips go hard

#38 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

Getting a torque headshot makes my nips go hard

LOL, you got me there. :applause:

630736.png

#39 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Gears of War Judgment.... torque someone in the balls and hear a bell ring.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#40 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

I assume tomorrow they will show a trailer only of the game making us want more. I hope they show a little gameplay but I really doubt it.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#41 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

more from neogaf...

Gears of War 2 introduced Horde Mode, Gears of War 3 introduced Beast Mode, and now Judgement, the latest in the series will introduce a combination of the two, Overrun.

Overrun introduces a concept not yet seen in a Gears of War game. Class based combat, but OverRun will also offer players progression and impose a stronger emphasis on teamwork and strategy. The game mode consists of two timed five versus five rounds, where one side defends a pair of objectives from the opposing side. Obviously the two sides are the Locust and the COG. As the COG, you’ll be protecting two sealed Emergence Holes and a Hammer of Dawn beacon. If you successfully defend the Hammer of Dawn, the round will end, blowing the Locust to smithereens. If the Locust reach the Emergence Holes and uncover them however, the COG are ripped to shreds by a flood of Kryll.

For those of you who are confused by the change in developer, this is still the same Gears of War you know and love, it’s still a third person shooter, same cover mechanics and essentially the same gameplay. I say essentially because the game offers even more action than ever before. If you’re interested in story details, please check Only SP’s article for those.

The classes will be described below in bullet form so you can compare more easily.

• Baird-Engineer (Weapons: gnasher and blowtorch, Special abilities: sentry turret, blowtorch that repairs damaged fortifications)
  • Cole-Soldier (Lancer and Boomshot, deploy ammo crates, share ammo with engineers)
  • Sofia-Medic (Lancer and Snub pistol, stim gas grenade, revives fallen allies)
  • Garron-Scout (Longshot and snub, beacon grenade, climb perches for better sniping position)
The article describes two of the maps from the hands-on demo the team at Gameinformer got to play OverRun on. One map is set atop city rooftops and the other on a militarized island. From the description of the map from the rooftops, it sounds like it may be similar to the Rooftops map from Gears of War 1, but obviously more complex in nature, offering ventilation shafts for Tickers and more chokepoints. The island map is described as being much more “open”, with a central battlefield in the middle of the map.

As we said earlier, OverRun will offer progression for yourself, but this progression system will also expand to leveling up single characters as well. The article explains that you can level up a Ticker, for example, to become a more powerful one, or level up the medic and so on. They did not go into specifics about this progression system just yet though.

There are plenty more details in the Gameinformer article for you to read when the issue lands on your doorstep/inbox. The full article describes part of a mission from their hands on time with the game, as well as their impressions from multiplayer. One quote we will share with you however, should give you more hope in the game and relax fans that are worried about the game.

With a high-tension campaign that aims to trim the narrative fat while funneling in tons of enemies and a multiplayer mode that combines the best part of past Gears titles, Epic is set to deliver the definitive entry in the Gears of War series. Giving players new innovative challenges means shaking off the thin layer of rust and dried blood that’s formed on the series over the last six years, and some fans may feel threatened by the change. We spent hours familiarizing ourselves with the series’ new overall direction, and Epic’s prequel is shaking up humanity’s fight against the Locust in great ways. – GI Article

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#42 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

So over run is like crazy king from halo meets beast mode? Sounds shitty if this game is $60 I might have to skip this game.

#43 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

So over run is like crazy king from halo meets beast mode? Sounds shitty if this game is $60 I might have to skip this game.

Sounds like Horde mode meets Beast mode. Sounds awesome to me...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Rod said on spike just now that there are other multiplayer modes, they are just focusing on overrun mode right now.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#45 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Did I see correctly that there's supposed to be a longer version of the trailer with some gameplay online? I can't get gearsofwar.com to load.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#46 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Behind the scenes trailer:

Also, Gameinformer.com has some new info up, including the new character bios:

http://www.gameinfor...PostPageIndex=1

#47 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Extended trailer, and get Bairds goggles for your avatar free:

http://www.facebook....313854865355714

Facebook required!
Posted Image
EDIT: Extended Trailer

Avatar items available for Gears of War Judgement:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024d530a26

#48 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hopefully this works.

Facebook link to Judgment app. Watch the trailer there and SHARE TO GET FREE BAIRD GOGGLES FOR YOUR XBOX LIVE AVATAR!! I did it and it worked.

Looks like they have Gears Judgment Avatar gear in the store now
.... Wait.. why do they have weapons? I thought they couldnt do that anymore? Lancers???? LOL.

Extended trailer for those who dont want to go to facebook app.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#49 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

All the guns are labeled "toys"... and they're neon colors. I kind of want that purple Gnasher. And they have "Chicks Dig the Baird" shirts, awesome!

#50 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

got the goggles! thanks for the heads up

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#51 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Updated the OP with some GI info.

#52 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm sure it will show up sooner or later, very odd that its only for girls. I went with the Onyx on impulse, but I really want the Baird armor.

#53 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Xbox Rewards offer this month is 80 points back on a 240 point Avatar purchase, for anyone considering splurging on some Judgment gear. :)

#54 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Nice, guess I just met the criteria with the Onyx Guard uniform.

#55 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

it's only $60 if you pay MSRP w/out a preorder incentive GC.

#56 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm guessing Karen Traviss isn't involved at all? Between 3 games and 6 books, nothing has ever been mentioned about Baird/Cole getting into trouble. Also, if this is supposedly 15 years before Gears 1, then it's before E-Day which makes no sense as both Baird and Cole joined the COG army AFTER E-Day.

Fucking chronology and canon. Who needs 'em?
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#57 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hopefully this works.

Facebook link to Judgment app. Watch the trailer there and SHARE TO GET FREE BAIRD GOGGLES FOR YOUR XBOX LIVE AVATAR!! I did it and it worked.

Looks like they have Gears Judgment Avatar gear in the store now
.... Wait.. why do they have weapons? I thought they couldnt do that anymore? Lancers???? LOL.

You know whats funny they said no more guns but the very next day they come out with a toy gun avatar items. You have a machine gun, a rifle and pistols but they're purple and green so they won't be confused for real guns. :roll:

Those are some atrocious colors for the gears of war weapons.

#58 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

And they have "Chicks Dig the Baird" shirts, awesome!

There's already one under Gears of War 3 avatar items, if anybody wants one. Too bad the goggles are over his eyes, though, unlike how he usually wears them above his eyes. I even made a fake account on facebook just to sport these things...sad...

The game is set 14 years before Gears of War, just after E-Day. Marcus was in jail for 4 years at the start of Gears of War. The real odd thing is that while Cole looks younger, I guess, Baird looks the same. Either he never ages, or is just a vampire.

But I always assumed that Cole and Baird join the COG long after E-Day, not directly after it. That's why I assumed Marcus and Dom were surprised to encounter Cole in the war when they find him in the first game. You'd figure they'd be aware of a pro-athlete in the war if he enlisted right after the war started.

#59 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Overrun gameplay...

Spinning boomshields...Kantus riding a bloodmount... dont need to reload a sniper. :facepalm:

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#60 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

They really did just take beast mode and instead of AI counterparts now its COG. I really hope they don't eliminate GOW 3's MP