Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1082 replies to this topic

#721 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

playing some execution and its just what the game needed, 1 life per round first team to 5 rounds wins. Feel a lot more like Gears

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#722 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

So 1st week US sales were "released"... 466,000. Normally most games would love that number but Gears 3 had 1st week US sales of 1.8 million.

#723 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

So 1st week US sales were "released"... 466,000. Normally most games would love that number but Gears 3 had 1st week US sales of 1.8 million.

ouch.
Gears had a good run. Two awesome games out of four is pretty good.

#724 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Don't kill the first wave of enemies. Second wave won't spawn

Unfortunately this is absolutely false. Unless there was some variable that occurred during play, this does not work. I just tried this method twice on normal to check, and it didn't change that Karn called on the second, and third wave (if you don't know this, if you take too long, Karn will call in a third wave of Ragers...don't let that happen).

Just consider me the nicest guy you've never met for testing this, so that you don't waste time trying to get this to occur. You don't want Breechshots and Torque Bows firing at you while avoiding explosive spit and turret fire, trust me.

I'll walk you through how I did it. I expect no one to read it, but for the sake of helping out people, I'll do it anyway.

Spoiler

When I can find 2 other people to, I will gladly play Gears 3 campaign on Insane. Same goes with Gears 1 if I can ever find someone willing to let me be Dom.

You could always ask for help on here. I know there's one guy who has always offered to help people with those games. I think his name is ebtied, but I also hear he's an asshole, so you might want to ask others for help, too.

#725 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

playing some execution and its just what the game needed, 1 life per round first team to 5 rounds wins. Feel a lot more like Gears

I still can't believe the event is Gnashers only. It's like they heard people complaining about the two-piecing and were like, "What's the politest way to say 'Fuck You!' to our fans?"

#726 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I realize Pete said he made changes already, but I didn't really notice a difference. I've gotten to the point where if I see someone charging me, I'll just go ahead and whack them myself. I know it's coming, and I truly feel dirty, but I guess it's better that I do it before they can.

I still don't understand how they had the melee so perfect in Gears 3 and then they revert back to the super melee, which is the worst it's been in the series.

If it weren't for Overrun, I probably wouldn't be playing this game, as much as that saddens me. I play a little Free for All every now and then, but it's never more than 2 or 3 games before I've had it for a night.

I really hope they put back Horde, too. Survival isn't even remotely as fun. I still can't believe they decided to remove the mode they're most known for.

630736.png

#727 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Well Gears Judgement has been giving a lot of life to Gears 1 at least. I can find a lot of matches now.
Crabwalking and going outside of the map for the win. ^^

#728 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Going outside of the map was always so fun. Especially when it was a 20 min round and you had to hunt the guy down

#729 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Im down to one mission left on insane with declassified on, yup the karn battle. :(

I can get to the rager part every time easy. But its then that it makes it so hard. Whats annoying is when the ragers are out, it seems like karn takes a lot more fire to get him to open his mouth. Then he is always shooting his guns so i cant pick up ammo, let alone run to another barrier before he starts shooting again. I was able to shoot his mouth twice, then i was focused on killing this enraged rager and boom im dead from karns spit. I totally lost track of him and what he was doing because i was too focused on the ragers. This boss battle is really annoying.

Edited by The 7th Number, 31 March 2013 - 01:56 AM.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#730 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Any Reaper sightings?

#731 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

I just ripped this game and People Can Fly a new one on the first part of my podcast I just recorded. It'll be out next weekend (my co-host that does the editing is very slow.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#732 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Just beat the campaign. I was really expecting
Spoiler

It definitely seemed like a bite-size campaign compared to the other games, but I still liked it a lot. Some of the declassified scenarios were pretty interesting, and I enjoyed the story. What can I say, I guess I just have a low threshold for having fun with Gears.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#733 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Man lancer is boss. I can usually kill people pretty fast from range. Sometimes they do rush me and gnasher me in one shot. Sometimes i two piece them with the lancer, lololol. My favorite though is when im shooting them from range, and they throw a stim at me, then they rush me, i just rev up the old chainsaw and get an easy kill. LOL. But yeah, most of my matches have been really good since i started using the lancer. I got a few MVPs in a row.

If anyone wants to do Karn on insane with declassified active please send me an invite. I think it would be easier with 2 people. Its the only declassified mission i need, and also ill get another achievement for getting 3 stars on everything.

#734 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Just beat the campaign. I was really expecting

Spoiler

Play Aftermath...
Spoiler

I think people are forgetting that you can beat Gears of War in 3 hours. It's still the campaign I prefer of the trilogy, as 2 felt too long, and 3 was much worse. I'd rather have a fun, brief campaign than an overblown, tedious campaign. It's the same reason I didn't mind Raam's Shadow. It had an odd story, but felt more like the original, and didn't drag on with 'drama' that didn't work and felt forced.

The campaign has sections so you can replay sequences you like, varying difficulties, Declassified options to change the experience further, and offers a full cooperative experience, with medals to further encourage replay if you enjoy it. Seriously, in a market where multiplayer has become the focus of so many titles that deliver truly uninspired single player experiences, how can people not like this game?

Multiplayer...yeah, but that was Epic's doing. People Can Fly literally went into a better direction, trying to give you a campaign you could replay, as opposed to other games where the campaign is something that you might not ever go play. Blame Epic for this misstep with changing online experiences people expect from a Gears of War title. I'd hope they'd quickly change or add more to the game, but knowing how much less it's sold than previous titles, and how quickly Epic stopped supporting Gears of War 3, I wouldn't expect much.

Well Gears Judgement has been giving a lot of life to Gears 1 at least. I can find a lot of matches now.
Crabwalking and going outside of the map for the win. ^^

If you're trying to avoid that, I found it was less likely to happen on Raven Down. I know many hate that map, but the action happens so fast that players tend to not have enough time to use glitches.

If anyone wants to do Karn on insane with declassified active please send me an invite. I think it would be easier with 2 people. Its the only declassified mission i need, and also ill get another achievement for getting 3 stars on everything.

If I'm on and you still need help, send me a message. I'll probably get us killed (a lot), but at least I can show you what I did, as I assume my previously typed out strategy doesn't help without visuals, and was also probably ignored.

#735 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Really really wish they'd add a Gears 3 (mode) playlist. They added Gears 2 mode on 3 at some point 4v4 Execution...how hard could it be?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#736 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

FFA isn't bad playing the special event today FFA with gnashers only has been pretty fun the only thing that annoys me are the two piecers I only two piece the two piecers.

#737 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I two piece if they get too close. I just two pieced a guy with my lancer. He was rushing me with a gnasher so its either two piece, or risk trying to chainsaw him which doesnt always work fast enough. Gotta do what you gotta do. I mean people need to accept that its part of the game. Sure it is lame when someone kills you via melee, but whatever.

Lancer is a pretty good weapon to use for ranking up faster. Ive been averaging like 5-8 thousand xp per match. The good thing about it is you can shoot at anyone around the map. Even if i dont get the kill i often get 100+ xp for assist. When you use a gnasher you only can kill people that are close to you. Plus you can help fire on enemies that are in battle with your teammates and assist or get a kill. Only disadvantage is the close range. if you have 2-3 guys rushing you and all you have is a lancer you are pretty much screwed. LOL

#738 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Whew! Just beat Survival hardcore with a bunch of randoms on the Estate map. The 1st ehole is hard to cover but the rest are much easier to work with. Lost the 1st ehole on the 2nd round...I thought, Oh this is gonna suck. Protected the generator with rounds 8-10. No one else had a mic but somehow we were all working together, after the 1st ehole was lost. I hated playing the engineer because I sucked with the gnasher, but now I know I can pretty much take out anything with 1 or 2 shots with that thing..if I got close enough to it. Finally!!
Posted Image

#739 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Play Aftermath...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#740 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Whew! Just beat Survival hardcore with a bunch of randoms on the Estate map. The 1st ehole is hard to cover but the rest are much easier to work with. Lost the 1st ehole on the 2nd round...I thought, Oh this is gonna suck. Protected the generator with rounds 8-10. No one else had a mic but somehow we were all working together, after the 1st ehole was lost. I hated playing the engineer because I sucked with the gnasher, but now I know I can pretty much take out anything with 1 or 2 shots with that thing..if I got close enough to it. Finally!!

That's so lucky. I played 4 games of it, and everytime I'd get to Wave 10 with random players, except on Estate. That one we got destroyed on Wave 6. None of them would use a Turret, and the Engineer on our team wouldn't drop his sentry. Plus we had two Paduks who constantly were running out of ammo, and were rarely killing anything.

I played as a Cole all night, and am surprised at how many people either expect you to toss them ammo, especially if they don't crowd up, and even more surprised by those that run away when I do that. I was defending sides of the map by myself, all 4 other players guarding the opposite, and they would suddenly run over a hit me to get them ammo. I'd drop it, then have some other idiot do the same thing. I just dropped it, it takes time to reset, and they didn't move to it; how dumb do players get?

I wish it had the kill feed so that players could see I'm busy, holding an entire side solo, and that them being annoying won't make the ammo grenade regenerate faster, or encourage me to give it to them, either.

I still want to try it on Insane, since I know I could do it, I just need competent players to work with.

#741 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Spoiler

That's so lucky. I played 4 games of it, and everytime I'd get to Wave 10 with random players, except on Estate. That one we got destroyed on Wave 6. None of them would use a Turret, and the Engineer on our team wouldn't drop his sentry. Plus we had two Paduks who constantly were running out of ammo, and were rarely killing anything.

I played as a Cole all night, and am surprised at how many people either expect you to toss them ammo, especially if they don't crowd up, and even more surprised by those that run away when I do that. I was defending sides of the map by myself, all 4 other players guarding the opposite, and they would suddenly run over a hit me to get them ammo. I'd drop it, then have some other idiot do the same thing. I just dropped it, it takes time to reset, and they didn't move to it; how dumb do players get?

I wish it had the kill feed so that players could see I'm busy, holding an entire side solo, and that them being annoying won't make the ammo grenade regenerate faster, or encourage me to give it to them, either.

I still want to try it on Insane, since I know I could do it, I just need competent players to work with.

So how was she gone? I didn't hear the whole explanation (game glitching out on sound for me on a TB headset, no other game glitches) and my friend tried to explain it to me but I didn't understand. Thanks.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#742 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Finally beat karn on insane with a buddy. Its not too bad once you get used to it and have someone to help out. We took out all the ragers and then were able to focus on karn before he could call in more ragers. So glad thats done.

#743 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

So how was she gone? I didn't hear the whole explanation (game glitching out on sound for me on a TB headset, no other game glitches) and my friend tried to explain it to me but I didn't understand. Thanks.

Spoiler

#744 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Spoiler

#745 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yes, we were lucky. 1st being that it wasn't the upteenth time we'd get a skyline map...seems like 80% of the time, that's where I'd end up. 2nd, we had 1 Paduk and he was good at hitting the right area at the right time with the spotter grenades..So guys knew what they were up against.

They should put up a marker over their heads if Cole or the Medic have their stuff replenishing, so the others won't get too mad if they don't get their ammo or can't be revived.

I'd love to join you for an Insane Survival run but I'm not sure I'm competent enough yet, especially with my limited time with other maps beside Skyline and Estate.
Posted Image

#746 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

You could always ask for help on here. I know there's one guy who has always offered to help people with those games. I think his name is ebtied, but I also hear he's an asshole, so you might want to ask others for help, too.

I didn't take offense to your comment earlier by the way. I see you are a huge Gears head. If I can't find someone I might have to hit you up :)

It wasn't cuz I didn't want the challenge I just want to move on from Gears:J until there is DLC achievements or whatever. I feel campaign wise it is the weakest in the whole series. Love the MP so far though. :bouncy:

Is everyone liking them finally adding execution?

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#747 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yes Execution is great now bring back horde and remove the stim grenade and I'll nothing to complain about (except the mediocre SP)

#748 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Man i just played against two level 3 gold stars. Wow. Im only a 29 level 3 bronze.

Execution is alright, sometimes it gets boring waiting for the other guys to finish the round. Also for the amount of XP you get, its a long gametype to play. I pretty much stick with TDM. I was playing FFA last night with some friends and its more enjoyable when you are playing with a party. Maybe because they dont play cheap?

I would love it if they brought back Guardian, Locusts, and removed Stims from everything other than overrun. Then i wouldnt complain about the MP. Well i would like some more maps too, 5 maps isnt cutting it lol. Especially when gondola is a bad map. The other maps i can live with, i just hate playing on gondola.

#749 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Man i just played against two level 3 gold stars. Wow. Im only a 29 level 3 bronze.

Execution is alright, sometimes it gets boring waiting for the other guys to finish the round. Also for the amount of XP you get, its a long gametype to play. I pretty much stick with TDM. I was playing FFA last night with some friends and its more enjoyable when you are playing with a party. Maybe because they dont play cheap?

I would love it if they brought back Guardian, Locusts, and removed Stims from everything other than overrun. Then i wouldnt complain about the MP. Well i would like some more maps too, 5 maps isnt cutting it lol. Especially when gondola is a bad map. The other maps i can live with, i just hate playing on gondola.

I agree with Stims being removed from everything except overrun. I think that above anything ruins the balance of the game.

Actually personally I would rather have everyone spawn with the normal weapons we are used to and not with a grenade! Smoke grenade fine but not the others :bomb:. Since nades were pretty much their own power weapons in the previous entries of the series. I do also dislike being able to stick people with grenades! I hate when I am mowing someone down and they throw a last minute nade and I get stuck. :booty:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#750 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well yeah anything goes in overrun but in MP you can throw a stim on the ground and absorb everything. Choosing your start nade is cool and all but I'd rather choose my own rifle and shotgun.