Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1082 replies to this topic

#61 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

They really did just take beast mode and instead of AI counterparts now its COG. I really hope they don't eliminate GOW 3's MP

Rod - "it has its own"

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#62 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Well it'll be interesting. Hell people still play GOW 1 online so its not like GOW 3 will be dead.

Also just got my game informer magazine today with Baird cover and it has like 5-6 pages on the game. The story sounds pretty good.

#63 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

more in depth video from major nelson on overrun.

#64 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I've played thousands of waves of Horde; I've barely touched Beast. Game modes where you play as the monsters against the hero characters don't really appeal to me generally. So as cool as the COG stuff looks in Overrun, it's hard for me to get excited about it because for every COG round, I'd have to slog through a Locust round.

I'm not sure if I should hope for Judgment to have its own Horde mode or not though. It could offer some cool improvements and variations to Gears 3 Horde, but splitting the current Horde audience in half could be disastrous. It's already tough to find a good group in Gears 3 Horde sometimes.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#65 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yeah I personally don't care either I'm not a fan of baird or cole. We'll see what happens come next year we'll probably get to see more hoffman which is cool

#66 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

I'm definitely excited for Judgment. While I love the smoothness and fluidity of Gears 3, I don't enjoy the game play nearly as much as I did in Gears 1 and 2. I'm really hoping they go back to the roots of the series and make the focus on close quarter combat.

630736.png

#67 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

more in depth video from major nelson on overrun.

Sold!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#68 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm definitely excited for Judgment. While I love the smoothness and fluidity of Gears 3, I don't enjoy the game play nearly as much as I did in Gears 1 and 2. I'm really hoping they go back to the roots of the series and make the focus on close quarter combat.

Can i get an AMEN!?

Sadly i see this title going beyond gears 3, more towards bulletstorm. I think the hardcore CQC gnashers of war days are long behind us. They want to sell games, and make money.

#69 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

No way...I mean, it seems like that's where they're headed, and I guess there was some backlash from 3...but man, 3 is the best multiplayer game I've ever played. I've spent more time on this game than any other MP game. 461hrs to date, according to Rapr. I really hope they don't stray too much from 3. I'm still hoping the Retro and SOS show up! :pray:

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#70 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

I wonder what EPIC will do next after judgment.

#71 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

A rumor hit the web yesterday that they're already working on Gears 4 with UE4 for the next gen Xbox, but I doubt anyone knows for sure.

630736.png

#72 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Here is a fun little interview with rod and the voice of baird. Nothing too revealing. But they do mention how you can declassify parts of the campaign that will make it harder. And it sounds like the whole campaign is going to be them at trial remembering what happened, and sometimes they remember wrong, which makes the game different when you play it more than once. something like that idk. But it sounds interesting and i like that i can play the campaign more than once and it wont be the same thing.

http://www.g4tv.com/...-gameplay-demo/

#73 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I must have missed something about marcus not being there? So i guess cole was done playing thrashball ?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#74 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

rumors are just that... rumors.

#75 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

cole leaves thrashball after eday. I think that was looked at in book 4 Coalition's End.

#76 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I must have missed something about marcus not being there? So i guess cole was done playing thrashball ?

Yeah this is after he left thrashball and just joined and btw from what I read declassified parts of the story is you doing challengers like kill tickers or fight boomers kinda like horde if I understand correctly in the campaign

#77 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

In this IGN interview with Rod, he says (around 4:10) how People Can Fly are mainly doing single player and they (Epic) are mainly doing multiplayer. I still dont know which way epic is going to go with the MP, but i wish they would say. Are they going back to gears 1-2 style, or opposite direction? I mean with the game going back to the past, and they have said the campaign is more like gears 1, you would think they would revert back to gears 1-2 style MP. Maybe even bring back a lot of the gears 1-2 MP maps. But then i see things like a mauler spinning a boomshield in Overrun and that just makes me think they are making the game even more silly, and casual. Could be just for balance though. From what ive seen, the Rooftops map seen in Overrun looks pretty CQC, no real wide open spots. I can assume from previous games that this is a map that all modes would use? They never had special maps for special modes.

#78 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Marcus wouldn't have been busted out of jail until later. Remember, he's got a life sentence and is rotting in jail for a long time

#79 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

only 4 years...

Also, OP, it's Judgment. You've got an extra "e" in there.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#80 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

1UP article on the story/framing device, sounds pretty interesting.

#81 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I wonder if they will do another console release with this game. D=

#82 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

My [Baird] Informer arrived today and it had some interesting info about the game. It showed an image of Cole carrying a Sawed-Off Shotgun, so expect that to return.

The idea of off the record elements in the campaign sound like they're really trying to give it replay value, and it seems like they realize that the Gears of War titles really don't have solid story telling ability, as it's repeatedly mentioned in the article that Epic and People Can Fly are greatly reducing the use of cut scenes in the game, and are instead just trying to contain it to within the game information.

I want to like the OverRun idea, as it does sound like a neat experiment, but as I replay Bulletstorm I can't help but feel the same concern I have with that title. OverRun sounds like the sort of game where if you don't have competent players working with you it won't be fun, and will be overwhelming to poor players. I stopped playing Gears of War 3 because the Horde community was terrible, quitting after a few rounds, not working together, and often lacking intelligence to stay in cover in a cover based shooter. This is what bothers me when I look at OverRun. If people don't work together, this could be disastrous.

It's an unfair criticism, as it really isn't a game developers fault for a community not being able to work as a team, but I just find that same problem in games I play online. The idea of being dependent on a team medic to revive me, a soldier to get ammo to other players, a scout to alert players to enemies and an engineer to setup defensive bots seems like a lot to ask in a game that's usually full of people rushing to get the first killl, racing for the best weapon, or intentionally stealing kills because of inability to get their own. Even though Gears of War is a tactic team shooter, rarely do games in it feel like it truly is team based.

I know I shouldn't judge it, and I really hope they do an open beta or demo of it, similar to how they did Gears of War 3's beta, just so that people can truly feel if it's right or not. But I can help but feel like it's out of place in a game like this.

#83 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I have to say that I absolutely loved GoW3. However, I am not one bit excited for this game. Anyone else feeling this?

#84 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have to say that I absolutely loved GoW3. However, I am not one bit excited for this game. Anyone else feeling this?

Im excited for the campaign. It sounds good to me. Also with different difficulties makes the stories a little different. So if you want the true story you have to beat it on the hardest difficulty. Also more enemies and less cut scenes is fine by me. I however am not really excited about the Overrun mode.

#85 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Interesting that they're talking about upping the difficulty. I'm going through Gears 1 again with my brother right now on Hardcore, and it's definitely on a different planet than 2 and 3 in terms of difficulty. Tough as nails, I don't even want to know what Insane is like.

#86 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Are you using the Hammerburst? If not, it's a great weapon because of how accurate it is, especially when used for blind fire. A few trigger pulls tends to take down most Locust soldiers, and a wretch is usually down in one burst. It also has a fairly easy active reload to nail, and allows you to hold a lot spare ammo for it.

Also, if you have trouble during the Junker vs Kryll part, something to note is this strategy;
When you're first driving down the expressway, stop and let the gunner kill all the Kryll in the first few areas. Just drive in bursts, letting the spawn triggers activate the Kryll, let the gunner kill them all, then proceed forward a little bit more until a few more spawn. They always follow the same pattern, so if you die just remember where they spawned from, and try and listen to Chaps and Dom, as they tend to tell you where to look when the Kryll attack. After you get off the roadway, go through the loop around and get back on, ignore the gun. Instead, just keep driving, and race to the end of the expressway. Try to avoid turning and hitting objects, and just keep taking direct paths, with only slight turns if you can. If you stop you'll get overwhelmed by the abundance of Kryll, and have to restart the whole area. It might take a few tries, but you'll get what I mean if your gunner tries to shoot light at the Kryll in the second area, as the Junker can't speed up fast enough to get away.

#87 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, I've been mostly using the Hammerburst for range and the Lancer in CQC situations. Not that the chainsaw is all that useful since you lower it after getting hit by a slight breeze, and also the unavoidable explosion and cringe after sawing a lambent Wretch basically guarantees your subsequent death if there's anyone else around. I hate Wretches so much.

That was our strategy at the driving part-- basically just memorize where the kyrll appear from (I was on the turret). Took us 4-5 tries probably. The worst thing was the last section you're talking about-- the first time we got that far, we tried standing and fighting, advancing slowly, until dying finally. The next time we were just like F this, slam on the gas and try to get through. We got like an inch farther than where we had died the previous time and triggered the ending cutscene. :cold:

#88 buddynayr

buddynayr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Honestly, I love Gears but I didn't think we needed another after the third. I'd really rather People Can Fly be developing Bulletstorm 2, because the first one was awesome.

#89 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

post!

gears judgment; gonna buy, gonna buy, gonna buy!
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#90 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

GoW2 was the height for me. GoW3 was fun for a short time.

Not buying this game most likely.
Posted Image
Xbox: kirby145x