Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

#931 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

- Dual weapon loadout will be propegated to all playlists with the exception of FFA.
- Stim grenades will be removed from all playlists with the exception of FFA.
- Torquebow charge time reduced back to Gears 3 Active levels (from 2 seconds down to 1.5 seconds).
- Prize boxes updated in the next TU to deliver all content before doling out XP (instead of assigning randomly).

For More info
http://forums.epicga...-Massive-update!

Big changes recently.

#932 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yeah game is way way better now. Still need DBNO to feel more like Gears, but getting rid of the Stims in MP is awesome!!! All those stim noobs now will learn to play legit.

#933 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm sorry I missed any gaming session last night. Unexpected events popped up and I couldn't get away until late. I have things I have to take care of this morning and early afternoon, but I'm hoping :pray: that I'd get into any gaming session late afternoon and evening.
Posted Image

#934 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yeah the DBNO is still needed but most changes seem postive.
I guess Gears 3 will always be with me with Horde since It's never going to go in Judgement.

#935 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm sorry I missed any gaming session last night. Unexpected events popped up and I couldn't get away until late. I have things I have to take care of this morning and early afternoon, but I'm hoping :pray: that I'd get into any gaming session late afternoon and evening.

I probably won't be able to play tonight. But I will be on tomorrow.

5 Coles tomorrow night?

#936 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

so who's gonna be my gears bro doe?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#937 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Im down for the car 13 achievement, i mean that one doesnt seem too hard to get, just need 5 people!!!! Also i can play suvival with all coles. I may have 1-3 people that can help, but they havent been online in a while to play gears.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#938 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

Can't play this weekend, but would try Survival again maybe Monday or Tuesday evenings if you guys want.

#939 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

so who's gonna be my gears bro doe?

Hey snakemaster2389! I'm not really that into the MP stuff other than Survival and Overrun, and I'd probably hurt our TDM & other MP score more than help. As for the co-op campaign stuff, I don't really care for it as I never did it for any of the earlier Gears games. So, sorry.
I'm sure there are others here who'd join you but a lot of people are moving back to playing the earlier Gears. Gears:J Survival/Overrun is fun but I miss Horde and may go back to Gears 2 or 3 for that.
Posted Image

#940 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the prizeboxes?

I've beaten a few Survival maps and leveled up a few times and it lists the prizebox but nothing shows up. This has happened 4 or 5 times already.
Posted Image

#941 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the prizeboxes?

I've beaten a few Survival maps and leveled up a few times and it lists the prizebox but nothing shows up. This has happened 4 or 5 times already.

I know with the next Title Update they're setting it to award prizes instead of XP first, so maybe they set it up to not award prize boxes anymore? That way people don't redeem them too soon and not get skins. And sometimes it just shows progress towards the next one, and not actually award an unlock.

I unlocked a few this week and didn't have an issue redeeming them. If it seems consistent, you might want to ask on the Gears site about it. Maybe their server side updates introduced some issues.

#942 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yeah game is way way better now. Still need DBNO to feel more like Gears, but getting rid of the Stims in MP is awesome!!! All those stim noobs now will learn to play legit.

or they will just stop playing versus and go to overrun like too many people have already done

Im down for the car 13 achievement, i mean that one doesnt seem too hard to get, just need 5 people!!!! Also i can play suvival with all coles. I may have 1-3 people that can help, but they havent been online in a while to play gears.

I would be down for the car 13 achievement if you guys haven't done it already. Will be on in about an hour so around 9:30 pm pacific

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#943 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

So the new reapers are out, and like 3 are the same as last week. LOL. Nice way to pass it around epic, im sure there are tons of people who would love to be the reaper, but give it to the guy who had it last week. WOw, one guy has been the reaper for 3 weeks in a row, seriously... why arent they picking someone else?

I do have to give props to Mad Dog Malcs, he is again the reaper for the UK, and he helped me get the reaper medal. He gave me an invite when i messaged him through xbox 360, and he didnt give me the medal, i had to earn it. So if you want a chance give him a message and maybe he will invite you too. Glad to see he is the reaper again.

I actually played with a different reaper (not mad dog), and he played like a bitch just camping back around his bros (it was TDM) like he was scared to get killed. Dude if i was the reaper i would be going rambo on all these kids. Not sitting back in defense mode hiding behind regular players.

Oh well. Ive stopped playing this game anyway, playing sleeping dogs at the moment. Ill hop on if anyone wants to get the car 13 or cole/survival achievements. But i probably wont be back until new DLC is out.

Edited by The 7th Number, 06 May 2013 - 07:57 PM.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#944 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I was lucky enough to get into a lobby from the Gears Forums and we made it through All Aboard in out first try. We were using the same strategy we tried on here, but at the 2nd E-hole we had 3 guys left, 1 on the Troika, and one guy designated to help in the arcade but also be able to move to help me on the right side if I needed it.

We had less than 50% on the Generator, so it wasn't easy, but that strategy worked out. If people want to try that this week I'm still able to help with it.

We also worked on getting Surprise, and even helped a few random people get it as well. Check on their forums for people hosting lobbies to get it, since when I got it multiple times on Epic's servers it didn't unlock the achievement. You need a hosted server, which you get from lagging out the search by downloading, or more likely by uploading (like a video to youtube), causing the game to take too long to find a match and put you in a privately hosted server. I takes a while, but once you get that it's pretty decent.

#945 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I was lucky enough to get into a lobby from the Gears Forums and we made it through All Aboard in out first try. We were using the same strategy we tried on here, but at the 2nd E-hole we had 3 guys left, 1 on the Troika, and one guy designated to help in the arcade but also be able to move to help me on the right side if I needed it.

We had less than 50% on the Generator, so it wasn't easy, but that strategy worked out. If people want to try that this week I'm still able to help with it.

Good Job! How long did you guys last on the 1st hole? Any strategies there?
Posted Image

#946 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Good Job! How long did you guys last on the 1st hole? Any strategies there?

We were able to hold the first hole until Wave 6 or 7. I forget which Wave we lost it on, but we went beyond Wave 5, which was key.

Spoiler

I should be on if you want to try to get it this Friday. I'll ask if there's another 5 from here, but I'm not sure if people are still interested in this game.

#947 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm up for another attempt. :D

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#948 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

Me Too!

Those are some really good points you talked about Ebbtide. Thanks.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#949 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

That's 3. Two more for Friday? 8 PM EST again?

#950 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

I can probably be on friday at 8ET, might be 15 minutes late.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#951 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'll be up for it. Just send me an invite

#952 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

I thought Prizeboxes were supposed to contain items first, then XP!? Haven't gotten one in a long ass while and just got a rare one last night only to find out it contained 1000xp...whack!

#953 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I can try Friday night again.

Edit - while we're at it, can we also spend some time boosting towards the Booshka double kills and Medic revives?

#954 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Suck it Wolverine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Some matches in this is rather laggy and some isn't to bad. I haven't bought the vip or maps or anything. I was just playing the standard playlist.

I haven't been playing it a lot either. Either a lot of people quit playing the game already or there is more in the vip section than I would assume.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#955 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I can try Friday night again.

Since there's already 5, I'll back out and you can take my place.

Ryuukishi
GuitarMan0069
The 7th Number
PackedOsprey
DJP519

You guys need to figure out time and who will host it. Good luck.

Some matches in this is rather laggy and some isn't to bad. I haven't bought the vip or maps or anything. I was just playing the standard playlist.

I haven't been playing it a lot either. Either a lot of people quit playing the game already or there is more in the vip section than I would assume.

It tends to get a little busier on the weekends, but the game is divided like you said. People have been asking for a while to eliminate the separation between Regular and VIP playlists to keep numbers higher. Hopefully Epic can do that with a future Title Update (though it's highly unlikely, since they said it would take a lot of work to do that).

#956 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

How many Socialite special events have taken place so far? I have managed to play 6 of them.

#957 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Since there's already 5, I'll back out and you can take my place.

awww...we'll miss you buddy and your wisdom.

I guess, I'll be host if no one has any objections or had any lag last time.

I'll send a friendrequest to The 7th Number and we'll meet up at 8pm Est tomorrow night.
Then we'll figure out what to do from there, either go to work on achieves or "All Aboard".

Speaking of "All Aboard" if you guys had any requests on which side, in which hole, you were more comfortable with, or if you wanted to be the floater between sides, or if you wanted to man the troikas just post it.
Like, most of the time I've worked on the left side on the 1st hole, and the arcade on the 2nd, and again left side at the Generator.

I'll have to be offline by 11-12p though, so hopefully Ebbtide can be available to join anyone else who wanted to keep working on stuff.
Posted Image

#958 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

How many Socialite special events have taken place so far? I have managed to play 6 of them.

The one starting today 5/10 will be the 8th.

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=446084

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#959 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

The missing Overrun map from Maxim "Dreadnought" will be free on May 15 for a limited time. Not sure why its limited, i thought both maps would be free forever. You have to download the Maxim app to see a fly through on your xbox 360 LOL, no thanks.

http://epicgames.com...available-soon/

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#960 CHEAP ASS DUDE

CHEAP ASS DUDE

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

hmm, thought the free overrun map was supposed to be capitol.

cheap ass dude on cheapassgamer. What a perfect fit.

Find me on Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network: xImmortal007xXbox One, Playstation 4, Wii U
532930.png