Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1082 replies to this topic

#151 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

I have a feeling those Hammerburst codes will just be in new copies. I can't see them withholding a weapon from the multiplayer community, and charging people for a weapon on XBL seems ridiculous. Maybe I'm wrong, though. New step for greed; buy weapons for the multiplayer or be slaughtered online.

I am glad they brought it back, but they're going back on things they previously stated;
-Hammerburst 1.0 essentially never existed. It was always the Hammerburst 2.0.
-Alex Brand will never be in a Gears of War game.

Also, Anya's in her Gears of War 3 outfit, which is why she looks the same. Judgment multiplayer videos already have shown Marcus in his Gears of War 3 attire, so a younger Anya skin could exist.

#152 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Never been a fan of the hammerburst. Meh.

#153 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I have a feeling those Hammerburst codes will just be in new copies. I can't see them withholding a weapon from the multiplayer community, and charging people for a weapon on XBL seems ridiculous.

Or it just unlocks at level 10 or something and the preorder bonus is "early access."

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#154 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Or it just unlocks at level 10 or something and the preorder bonus is "early access."

That'd be fine as well. Just so long as they don't lock it out to players who came into the game later. Clearly it's on disc if other players can see you using it, so I don't like the idea of a key weapon being locked away from people.

I hope it's available in the Campaign. And I hope there's a classic (future?) Baird skin.

Weird to see Marcus without his facial scar. He looks 'better' without it.

#155 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Beware of Karn!

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#156 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Still no word on how to get the Alex Brand skin?

ETA: Just checked Microsoft Store and apparently that's how.

#157 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Still no word on how to get the Alex Brand skin?

ETA: Just checked Microsoft Store and apparently that's how.

Best buy doesnt even show pre order skin, and walmart doesnt even have the game listed. They were both in the pre order skin business for gears 3, so id assume one of them also would have alex brand. Still hope this anya skin is not the same as her Gears 3 skin. I want all characters to fit the timeline.

Gamestop = Young Marcus
Amazon = Young Dom
Microsoft = Alex Brand
???????? = Anya

#158 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I would pre-order anywhere that had younger hoffman

#159 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Best buy doesnt even show pre order skin, and walmart doesnt even have the game listed. They were both in the pre order skin business for gears 3, so id assume one of them also would have alex brand. Still hope this anya skin is not the same as her Gears 3 skin. I want all characters to fit the timeline.

Gamestop = Young Marcus
Amazon = Young Dom
Microsoft = Alex Brand
???????? = Anya

Best Buy has Anya, pretty sure I read that somewhere. It would be nice if they decided to go with a redesigned Anya instead of the exact same skin from Gears 3. And that's not outside the realm of possibility-- apparently some fans on the Epic forums noted that Alex's tattoos and scars in the released pics didn't match her look in the comics, and an admin responded that those pics weren't final and she would be redesigned.

#160 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

yeah i see it now, on BB it shows the gears 3 anya and says it in the details. Guess walmart would get alex brand then. Ill be ordering it from there.

#161 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Well, I guess the big news today is that DBNO and Executions aren't just absent from the new Free For All mode, but rather DBNO has been completely eliminated from all the online modes.

Source

Honestly, I'm pretty devastated by this. To me, DBNO was one of the things that made Gears what it is. Being able to crawl away and try to revive yourself or allow time for a teammate to revive you is part of what made Gears so intense. I also feel as though this takes away a lot of the teamwork, since you wont even be able to revive teammates.

I guess I'll wait and see how it feels when I play it, but as I said, I'm extremely disappointed.

630736.png

#162 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Well concerning DBNO, they stated in gears 3 hardly no one used executions. Maybe because there really is no time to do it unless its the last guy left. Also when you are DBNO good luck if your teammate helps you up. I always try to help people up, but in Gears 3 they are pretty much dead before you can even react to them needing a revive, even if you are 2 feet away. Half the time you revive them they get shot down while you are reviving them, so sometimes its pointless.

I think it takes away from what makes gears stand out on its own, but it should speed up gameplay. Stop people from bitching about kills being stolen, not really like i cared two bits about that to be honest.

#163 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, I think they said only 0.2% of the kills were executions, but I don't understand how they use that to come to the conclusion that DBNO is worthless. I'd say the vast majority of kills on DBNO players are just regular melee or a shotgun blast. I don't really care that executions are gone, but I think I'm going to really miss DBNO.

The thing that I'm really dreading is the assault rifles. They were pretty bad in Gears 3 and that was with the downing. Now that downing is gone, I have to assume the assault rifles are going to be the choice weapon from now on considering you can pick people off from a distance and actually get a kill rather than a down. I guess I'm old school, but I play Gears for the Gnasher battles and I really don't want to see that aspect of the game go by the wayside.

630736.png

#164 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Keeps sounding less like a Gears of War game. Explains why so many of the heads of the series left.

And the previous videos of Overrun Mode presented the medic being useful for reviving fallen teammates. How are you going to be useful if you're just going to have to guess where to throw your health grenades?

#165 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Welp....that's it, I'm not buying this game. I'll just play Gears 3 until I can't tolerate the netcode anymore.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#166 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I guess I'm old school, but I play Gears for the Gnasher battles and I really don't want to see that aspect of the game go by the wayside.

WARNING: RANT INCOMING -
Spoiler

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#167 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Keeps sounding less like a Gears of War game. Explains why so many of the heads of the series left.

And the previous videos of Overrun Mode presented the medic being useful for reviving fallen teammates. How are you going to be useful if you're just going to have to guess where to throw your health grenades?

Epic clarifies lack of 'Down But Not Out' in Gears of War: Judgment multiplayer modes

DBNO definitely exists in Overrun, at least.

#168 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah im still going to keep an open mind, maybe no DBNO will be good, make gameplay faster and more fun. But it does seem they are slowly turning this into another COD copy. I was hoping they would go backwards and make this game more like Gears 2 or even more like Gears 1. But it seems like they are going in the opposite direction. -_- Maybe the reason people are leaving Epic is because they cant make the game they want, they are being told to make it more appealing to casuals. All i know is they better have guardian game type from day one. I really could care less about overrun mode. Im buying the game mainly for campaign, hopefully guardian will be in this game. Id even like to see a return of Submission.

#169 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

The campaign sounds interesting for the alternate options available. If it really is like they're saying and that it allows for multiple completions, and if it has a tone more like the first game, and not as outrageous as the sequels, it could be great. Even Raam's Shadow seemed more like a Gears of War game than the sequels, especially 3.

I think people left because Epic got a taste for money, and the guys who wanted to be more risky and creative were probably told no. Instead the company is going for the safe, redundant shooter game setup, with fast gameplay. It's crazy to think back to when Gears of War afforded you one life a round, with no crawling when downed. It felt so distinct, for me at least, but now it just feels like a series that's totally gone generic, and these information releases make me feel disappointment if this is really why several employees left.

#170 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm not really sure what it is about about this game that just makes me..not care lol

I enjoyed Gears 1 and 2 and thought part 3 was..ehh it was all right I guess.

But then this was announced and my face just was like -__- i just didnt care. I just cant seem to get excited to want to play this

#171 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

seriously, too much nonsense and hoops to jump through again. i'm just going to wait for the goty/complete edition on this now.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#172 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Gears 3 hasn't had one, who knows if this one will.

#173 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm not really sure what it is about about this game that just makes me..not care lol

I enjoyed Gears 1 and 2 and thought part 3 was..ehh it was all right I guess.

But then this was announced and my face just was like -__- i just didnt care. I just cant seem to get excited to want to play this

It's probably the disappointment with 3, mixed with how soon after 3 this game is being released. 3 just had so many missteps that even loyal fans had to not be satisfied in key areas. The lackluster and 'content' requiring dedicated servers, the inability to have your character when you join in a match, the removal of social horde, and having size varied hitboxes that Epic consistently denied, even when proven on video.

There's just a lot that wasn't right with the game, so releasing a new title so soon, and knowing it'll be $60 with an almost guaranteed additional fee(s) for map passes or individual packs, just makes the new title seem like a quick cash-in before next generation.

I do hope it will be good, but I'm just not seeing it from the trailers and news of key personnel from the series leaving.

#174 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

2 campaign videos and 2 mp videos.

http://www.joystiq.c...-at-gamestop-p/

my thoughts

video 1 - you can hear a theron say revive me at the end. :cry: Obviously campaign only.

video 2 - holding a boomshield while shooting a lancer? LOLs.

video 3 - overrun mode - meh.

video 4 - free for all.

#175 AlphaQSilly

AlphaQSilly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know any promo codes for the microsoft store? Its the only store that has the Alex Brand pre-order, but I don't wanna pay extra cash to have it delivered on release date.

#176 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Posted Image

#177 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm excited for this game even after watching those videos

#178 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Im excited, i play gears mainly for the campaign, but ever since gears 2 ive been hooked to the mp as well.

#179 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Im excited, i play gears mainly for the campaign, but ever since gears 2 ive been hooked to the mp as well.

I love Horde mode with a few friends. Hopefully it is good in this new version.

#180 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

I stated this in another thread but I was gonna preorder Gears of War: Judgement, but according to Co-Optimus it doesn't support local Co-Op? Has this been confirmed? The reason why I love Gears so much is because of the local Co-Op. This would suck big time if true!