Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

• Please log in to reply
1082 replies to this topic

#181 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I stated this in another thread but I was gonna preorder Gears of War: Judgement, but according to Co-Optimus it doesn't support local Co-Op? Has this been confirmed? The reason why I love Gears so much is because of the local Co-Op. This would suck big time if true!

I'd really like to doubt that since Gears of War 3 had local cooperative play, and this uses the same setup, essentially. But...they have removed a lot of what the previous entries had, so maybe this is true.

Bulletstorm had no local cooperative play, and that was a People Can Fly game. Maybe they just think so little of it to add it.

They should have just called this Bulletstorm of War. It would be a lot less misleading.

#182 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Gears of War: Judgement will include a free download card for the first Gears. Awesome!

"Now this is a very interesting initiative Epic Games is taking. They’re releasing the upcoming Gears of War Judgment, arriving exclusively on Xbox 360 on March 22nd, with a download code that allows players to download the first Gears of War absolutely free.

Being a prequel, Judgment will immediately segue into the conflict with the Locust that took place after the Pendulum Wars and help new players into the award-winning, multi-million selling franchise.

The evolution is quite interesting here. My allowing gamers to play the first game immediately after Judgment, players can go through an evolution of the series’ multiplayer up till Horde 2.0 and Beast Mode in the third game. The prequel won’t feature either of those modes, FYI.

Whether this will boost sales or not isn’t the concern, but it’s great to see Epic helping new gamers into the fold by allowing them a taste of what makes the franchise great."

Source: GameSurf

#183 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hmmm. That's interesting and a very cool move. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about Judgement and I admit its fallen off my "gotta get" lost. Still, this is a cool move on their part.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#184 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

No horde or beast mode makes me a bit sad.

#185 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

No Horde? :( I guess it's a reason to keep playing 3 though.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#186 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Still have my Gears 1 disc, so doesnt matter to me. But it will be nice to have gears 1 on my hard drive i can just boot up without having to swap discs.

With that said, i would hate for someone who just got into gears to play Judgment and then go all the way back to clunky Gears 1. It would probably feel too outdated to them and they would quit. lol.

Edited by The 7th Number, 21 January 2013 - 03:47 PM.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#187 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Gears of War: Judgement will include a free download card for the first Gears. Awesome!

"Now this is a very interesting initiative Epic Games is taking. They’re releasing the upcoming Gears of War Judgment, arriving exclusively on Xbox 360 on March 22nd, with a download code that allows players to download the first Gears of War absolutely free.

Being a prequel, Judgment will immediately segue into the conflict with the Locust that took place after the Pendulum Wars and help new players into the award-winning, multi-million selling franchise.

The evolution is quite interesting here. My allowing gamers to play the first game immediately after Judgment, players can go through an evolution of the series’ multiplayer up till Horde 2.0 and Beast Mode in the third game. The prequel won’t feature either of those modes, FYI.

Whether this will boost sales or not isn’t the concern, but it’s great to see Epic helping new gamers into the fold by allowing them a taste of what makes the franchise great."

Source: GameSurf

I remember a website that was saying GOWJ a limited Ed. would come with a token to download GOW 1. but there has been no official news of any thing being offered but the standard Ed. of the game. So take it for what it's worth.

#188 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

With that said, i would hate for someone who just got into gears to play Judgment and then go all the way back to clunky Gears 1. It would probably feel too outdated to them and they would quit. lol.

I would say the gameplay itself holds up pretty well, what's striking is how much more difficult it is than the sequels, even in Casual mode.

#189 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I would say the gameplay itself holds up pretty well, what's striking is how much more difficult it is than the sequels, even in Casual mode.

That too, it would probably feel really odd playing Judgment first, then going back to Gears 1 with the difficulty and different controls. Wonder if this would boost Gears 1 MP community or not. Probably not, they would get 1 taste of super lag and quit. lol.

#190 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I remember a website that was saying GOWJ a limited Ed. would come with a token to download GOW 1. but there has been no official news of any thing being offered but the standard Ed. of the game. So take it for what it's worth.

There were foreign (outside the USA, anyway) places that were offering their own limited editions, that were store made. Some of these talked about having exclusive content offered, including a free downloadable copy of Gears of War, along with some more interesting things.

At least one store mentioned their limited edition would come with a chapter for Baird and Cole explaining what they were doing during Gears of War 3, but it would not require 3 to play it. Seems like it's (withheld) content to be sold later. Also, this site had also mentioned something about limited time exclusive content of a 30 day and 60 day DLC. It seems like the 30 day is the Hammerburst, as there's no way they'd not allow a whole weapon to be locked away from the community. The 60 day content seems like the character skins. They probably won't do variations this time, as the game isn't nearly as popular in the pre-order situation. I posted this in the sale thread, but Gears of War Judgment hasn't even cracked over 100,000 pre-orders yet. By this point, Gears of War 3 had over 1 million pre-orders.

Noting that, don't expect much support for this game, as we saw how quickly they've seemed to forget about 3 after all the DLC was released.

And there's supposed to be a mode called Overwhelm or Overcome, that is the pseudo replacement for Horde Mode. Essentially you just fight endless enemies, trying to survive as long as possible. You time is tallied and that's the end of the game, when everyone dies. No other information seems to be available. And, of course, none of this information has come directly from Epic. Still wonder when the hell they're going to start letting people know about this game.

All that's known is that there are 4 'competitive' modes, with the potential for a 5th that would be a sort of weekly, rotational playlist. 3 of the 4 modes are almost the exact same, involving just killing the other team or players. There are no linger shared lives, just infinite lives with teams or individuals playing to a set score.

They still haven't talked about whether there is local play.

#191 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

There were foreign (outside the USA, anyway) places that were offering their own limited editions, that were store made. Some of these talked about having exclusive content offered, including a free downloadable copy of Gears of War, along with some more interesting things.

At least one store mentioned their limited edition would come with a chapter for Baird and Cole explaining what they were doing during Gears of War 3, but it would not require 3 to play it. Seems like it's (withheld) content to be sold later. Also, this site had also mentioned something about limited time exclusive content of a 30 day and 60 day DLC. It seems like the 30 day is the Hammerburst, as there's no way they'd not allow a whole weapon to be locked away from the community. The 60 day content seems like the character skins. They probably won't do variations this time, as the game isn't nearly as popular in the pre-order situation. I posted this in the sale thread, but Gears of War Judgment hasn't even cracked over 100,000 pre-orders yet. By this point, Gears of War 3 had over 1 million pre-orders.

Noting that, don't expect much support for this game, as we saw how quickly they've seemed to forget about 3 after all the DLC was released.

And there's supposed to be a mode called Overwhelm or Overcome, that is the pseudo replacement for Horde Mode. Essentially you just fight endless enemies, trying to survive as long as possible. You time is tallied and that's the end of the game, when everyone dies. No other information seems to be available. And, of course, none of this information has come directly from Epic. Still wonder when the hell they're going to start letting people know about this game.

All that's known is that there are 4 'competitive' modes, with the potential for a 5th that would be a sort of weekly, rotational playlist. 3 of the 4 modes are almost the exact same, involving just killing the other team or players. There are no linger shared lives, just infinite lives with teams or individuals playing to a set score.

They still haven't talked about whether there is local play.

It's pretty baffling just how horrifically they're handling this game. First you remove KEY features from the game that is what made the original games so unique like DBNO, Execution/Warzone, the weapon system, executions, etc... They've also clearly made the rifles even more powerful than they were in Gears 3.

Then, on top of all the stuff they've changed, they're barely releasing any information whatsoever. Here we are less than 2 months from release and we know virtually nothing. I love Gears, but I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty massive wake up call to Epic Games on why you don't mess with a formula that works. The latest preorder information leads me to believe they're going to get that lesson and more:

Posted Image

630736.png

#192 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

It's pretty baffling just how horrifically they're handling this game. First you remove KEY features from the game that is what made the original games so unique like DBNO, Execution/Warzone, the weapon system, executions, etc... They've also clearly made the rifles even more powerful than they were in Gears 3.

Then, on top of all the stuff they've changed, they're barely releasing any information whatsoever. Here we are less than 2 months from release and we know virtually nothing. I love Gears, but I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty massive wake up call to Epic Games on why you don't mess with a formula that works. The latest preorder information leads me to believe they're going to get that lesson and more:

Posted Image

This. The mere fact that Horde is getting removed is enough to make me wait for this one to drop in price. I've picked up every Gears game at launch, but I'm just not feeling Judgement.

#193 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Where do the weekly preorder numbers come from? Not doubting, just curious.

#194 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

http://majornelson.c...-guts-of-gears/

The first game will be included as a GoD download. Still not an acceptable substitute for Horde Mode in my opinion. It's just like Halo 3: ODST. It's not worth $60, so they're including something extra to inflate the price.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#195 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

The campaign looks badass though.

#196 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I guess they want to include gears 1 to show how much they destroyed the game, how far it has come to a COD clone. lol. jk.

But that horde replacement mode ebbtide talked about reminded me of COD Zombies.

#197 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Where do the weekly preorder numbers come from? Not doubting, just curious.

I usually go here:

USA Preorders

No idea where the chart from...someone posted it in the Gears forums. I'll definitely be interested to see how well this one sells compared to the other 3.

630736.png

#198 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

New trailer teasing parts of campaign, and you can see some of it shows Gears of War 3 sequences with Cole, Baird and Clay Carmine. Maybe the content about Gears of War 3 missions is included with the game?

Also, as has been known here, Gears of War does come with the game, Not sure why. The fast weapon swaps, shields, mantle kicks, sawed-off and retro weapons, one button grenade tosses, multiple lives per round playlists, updated graphics and bots would probably deter players from ever going back to the first game. All of that, and quitters, glitchers and unbalanced or stacked teams would prevent people from playing (ranked) matches, too, so it seems a little off. It's a shame, but I don't quite get their strategy with it. At least I won't have to destroy my old disc any further, though. The old Xbox 360 models scratched and scarred that thing.

Oddly, from what I've read, People Can Fly are specifically doing the Campaign, while Epic is doing the multiplayer, which is what's weird. If you notice in the trailer, in the Campaign there doesn't seem to be constant cross hairs unless aiming, and there are executions to do. And it seems to be focused on the darker, creepier aspect from the original game. Meanwhile, the multiplayer looks very different from the previous entries. It's like Epic is the one going away from the standard, and People Can Fly is trying to add or improve it. Just seems odd that the parent company would be the one completely altering it's own game, while the sub-studio is trying to keep consistent with it.

#199 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Yeah this will be the first Gears I wait for bargain bin unfortunately. $20 is the max I will pay. Heck I might just rent it for the SP and be done.

#200 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

New trailer teasing parts of campaign, and you can see some of it shows Gears of War 3 sequences with Cole, Baird and Clay Carmine. Maybe the content about Gears of War 3 missions is included with the game?

Also, as has been known here, Gears of War does come with the game, Not sure why. The fast weapon swaps, shields, mantle kicks, sawed-off and retro weapons, one button grenade tosses, multiple lives per round playlists, updated graphics and bots would probably deter players from ever going back to the first game. All of that, and quitters, glitchers and unbalanced or stacked teams would prevent people from playing (ranked) matches, too, so it seems a little off. It's a shame, but I don't quite get their strategy with it. At least I won't have to destroy my old disc any further, though. The old Xbox 360 models scratched and scarred that thing.

They must be giving gears 1 away as a bonus to generate more sales. I dont really think they expect people to jump on gears 1 MP. I think people may be more likely to play its campaign though. I need achievements in Gears 1 MP and i wont even play it. Way too laggy, hard to find matches. Its not worth it. So i think they are basically trying to give the campaign away and get more sales.

What parts show gears 3 cole, baird, and carmine? It doesnt make any sense to pack in campaign chapters from gears 3 in this game. This game and Gears 3 has no relation story wise.

#201 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

What parts show gears 3 cole, baird, and carmine? It doesnt make any sense to pack in campaign chapters from gears 3 in this game. This game and Gears 3 has no relation story wise.

Spoiler

The trailer makes me think the game could be fun, even though I don't like the multiplayer changes.

#202 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

So they've changed the Sawed-Off Shotgun to almost exactly what I wanted it to be. It's similar to the Gnasher now. They've reduced the Gnasher range, and it's supposed to fire a bit slower. Apparently, you really won't notice the slower fire rate, but it's there.

So with the Sawed-Off, it has the same range as the Gnasher, and fires faster, but fires each barrel individually. I actually expected this when I first played the Gears of War 3 Beta almost 2 years ago, as it just seemed like a ranged shotgun, or hunting gun.

The concept is that if a Gnasher and Sawed-Off user are fighting, the Sawed-Off has speed, but if the user misses their two shots, they have to reload, and it still has a longer reload than a Gnasher. While the Gnasher is a slower firing weapon, it still has more shots. This could be a neat contrast, but expect to see the charging Sawed-Off shooters quickly rolling and roadie running away (hit or miss), just like in 3.

And the Longshot (Sniper) now penetrates, and is silenced, like in Gears of War 2. It's moved back to the Gears of War setup, but since there are no active reload bonuses, the Longshot can practically kill, even if not from a head shot. Essentially, a body shot, followed by a few pistol rounds should kill an enemy (remember, there are no more downs).

And more new news is that the Scorcher can wrap its fire blast around a Boomshield. Would be good if there is a Horde mode to use this in...so I hope it's still there. But this somewhat makes a Boomshield impractical for competitive battles, as it sounds like the Longshot can also penetrate it.

#203 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

In all honesty I have never been a huge Gears fan. Played through all three and have about 3060/5000 achievement points. This new game looks amazing from a visual standpoint but I am just not sold. I will be waiting for certain. I am not sure exactly what I don't like but the overall feel of this game just seems off for a Gears game. It does make you wonder if this is the game that cause the departures at EPIC. It seems like it could definitely have caused a rift among the higher ups.

#204 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Multiplayer demo coming in March

Gears of War: Judgment is getting a demo in March, courtesy of Epic Games and Microsoft. It’s a multiplayer demo focused on the game’s OverRun mode, and if you pre-order from GameStop you can get it early.

Microsoft’s Major Nelson posted the news on his blog, and explained that anyone pre-ordering Gears of War: Judgment through GameStop’s ‘PowerUp Rewards’ will get the demo on March 15th via Xbox Live Gold. Everyone else must wait until March 19th to play.

Specially, early access will run between March 15 at 11:59 pm PT and Monday, March 18 at 11:59pm PT. No European early access has been revealed yet.

All XP earned during early access and the demo will carry over into the full game when it launches.

Nelson says of OverRun mode, “OverRun is a thrilling new class-based competitive mode that pits Locust and COG soldiers in a head-to-head battle unlike anything “Gears” fans have experienced yet. An objective-oriented mode that lets five-player teams alternate between playing as Locusts and COG soldiers, OverRun marks the first time that a class-based, competitive multiplayer experience has been introduced in the “Gears of War” series.”

#205 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think i can wait 4 days to play overrun mode. Im honestly not even interested in that mode. I would rather have Gears 2 horde style back. Plus i intend to buy the game from where ever is giving away the Alex Brand skin.

PS. I just noticed MS store is giving 1600 pts, Alex Brand skin, and the Hammerburst gun if you pre order from them. Looks like thats what im doing. :)

Edited by The 7th Number, 28 January 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#206 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

This thread may interest folks here

Win Gears and other goodies from Brisk

#207 AlphaQSilly

AlphaQSilly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I think i can wait 4 days to play overrun mode. Im honestly not even interested in that mode. I would rather have Gears 2 horde style back. Plus i intend to buy the game from where ever is giving away the Alex Brand skin.

PS. I just noticed MS store is giving 1600 pts, Alex Brand skin, and the Hammerburst gun if you pre order from them. Looks like thats what im doing. :)

That still isn't a good enough deal. Anyone know any promo codes for the MS store?

#208 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

This thread may interest folks here

Win Gears and other goodies from Brisk

Cool. Thanks!

#209 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

"DelHoyo said fans didn’t love playing as the locusts, so they took them out of the competitive game, and replaced them with red and blue COG teams."

Are you kidding me? This sounds like total shit. Cog vs Cog, and no locust? This really is the end of gears. I really have no idea what the Fuck they are doing anymore. No wonder Cliff, Rod, and every one else left. They dont want this on their record.

OH they added a COD mode called Domination where you have to capture 3 rings. -_-

These are all the competitive MP game modes shipping with Judgment:

- Free For All
- Team Deathmatch
- Domination
- Overrun

If this is true... :bomb:

Edited by The 7th Number, 31 January 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#210 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Are you kidding me? This sounds like total shit. Cog vs Cog, and no locust? This really is the end of gears. I really have no idea what the Fuck they are doing anymore. No wonder Cliff, Rod, and every one else left. They dont want this on their record.

OH they added a COD mode called Domination where you have to capture 3 rings. -_-

If this is true... :bomb:

The odd thing being that people on the forums have wisely pointed out that it could really make combat confusing. In team games you could tell when an enemy threw a grenade because they'd make a noise, while your teammates would also talk in game as well. With everyone being human it could be difficult to tell when talking is friendly or enemy.

And the whole thing Quinn DelHoyo is talking about is players were complaining about the hitbox sizes, and how Locust were usually at a disadvantage, since there is only one female Locust. But, even with that detail noted, it's not like games in 3 lacked Locust players. People didn't just quit out because they hated playing as the Locust any or every game.

But rather than address the hitbox issue, they just decided to make everyone human, assuming that eliminated the problem. But it still does not correct the hitbox issue. That, unfortunately, should still be in Judgment.

It's been pointed out on a few sites, but because GameStop gets the early demo bonus (how lame is that, a store specific demo...and I thought DLC skins were lame), you could just put $5 towards Judgment if you're not sure about your purchase to get the demo code e-mail. If you play Overrun and just don't enjoy it, at least you can cancel your order(s), and maybe even move that $5 to another pre-order.