Photo
- - - - -

{DEAD} Borderlands 2 Loot Chest Ed. $140.17 at buy.com - canceled, $10 gift code

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 Retrospect Hero

Retrospect Hero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

So buy.com does a hold on your card ? That is hate incarnate ...

#32 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

Does J&R put a hold on your card?

#33 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

Does J&R put a hold on your card?

Buy.com certainly did... but I see nothing from JR.com sitting in my account yet... but that could show up tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on it and report back later on Monday
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#34 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

poo on that, for an order that is 50/50 on cancellation, i aint having a $150 hold on my account.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#35 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

This makes me want to buy a second copy to keep sealed. Damn.

#36 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

When did this happen? I preordered on Amazon as well and I didn't get your luck. It just automatically happened? If so I might need to contact them.

Honestly not sure, I just remember when I checked it it gave me 5$ off as a promo
Posted Image

#37 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

i've had nothing but positive experiences with j&r. it helps that they have a physical b&m store in ny.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#38 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I can honestly see this one being pretty limited, the 100$ version might be a bit more common.

I preordered mine from amazon and literally a few days later it was sold out and even gamestop stopped taking preorders. My guess is they only plan to make so many of these.

For whatever reason it was 5$ off when I ordered on amazon and it comes with promo credit, release day shipping and all the pre-order goodies.

i doubt this version will get the promo credit, i've ordered several CEs from amazon and only the vanilla version got the promo credit.

#39 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

This maybe a stupid question but I'll ask since I didn't see it listed. Will the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club be included with the preorders from either Buy.com or J&R?

Any idea when the Creature Slaughter Dome will be available to everyone? It's a bonus for ordering from Gamestop.

Bonus Item
•Creature Slaughter Dome
Pre-order Borderlands 2 with GameStop and receive the Exclusive Creature Slaughter Dome!

Creature Slaughter Dome: Enter the Creature Slaughter Dome and face off against the TOUGHEST monsters in all of Pandora. Your efforts will not be in vain. Gain experience and gear to bring back into the main game. Endure the battle, and you will receive NUMEROUS rewards.

#40 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I grabbed one at JR.com as well...

so... how good is JR.com? I've never heard of them. Are they "way" more reliable than buy? If so I'll cancel my order at buy, but I figure it doesn't hurt to jump on these and sort it out later.

I really hope gamestop allows pre-orders again though since I'd rather get the bonus they're offering.

I'm wondering if the Gamestop "bonus" is just a timed exclusivity thing. Since it's not just a skin or something it sounds like the type of thing that would be released to everyone eventually.
Wubwubwubwub.

#41 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can't believe that this thing sold out already. I'll hold out and hope it comes back in stock at more conventional retailers. And I think a gearbox employee confirmed on twitter that the GameStop preorder some will be paid dlc later on.

#42 Darkfire

Darkfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Ugh, so pissed off. I remember them announcing this stupid thing and then having nowhere to pre-order it for...months! then I finally give up for about a month and I find out it's sold out everywhere. GAH! the one stupid "special" edition that I was willing to throw money away on and it's gone. lame.

#43 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I'm kinda upset too -- everyone sold out rather quickly. I'm confident more will be available shortly though -- I doubt Gearbox wouldn't mass produce these...

#44 flamerhino

flamerhino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

if anyone wants to cancel at buy.com..it's still possible. I called last night and the rep at India didn't give me any trouble and submitted my request. I got the confirmation to cancel just now!

#45 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

if anyone wants to cancel at buy.com..it's still possible. I called last night and the rep at India didn't give me any trouble and submitted my request. I got the confirmation to cancel just now!

Shouldn't it be easy to cancel anywhere since it doesn't come out until Sept?

#46 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Got an order in at both Buy & J&R. Hopefully Amazon, GS or BB will open it back up and I'll cancel both of them.

With it selling out in a mere two weeks 4 months before release, I can't imagine they'll leave money on the table by not producing more.

#47 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Canceling Preordered Items

Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books cannot be canceled.

Some bull if you ask me. But will prob try an cancel if one of the 3 retailers come with more pre-orders.

#48 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Some bull if you ask me. But will prob try an cancel if one of the 3 retailers come with more pre-orders.

Absurd, I can understand if it's within a week but a longer.

#49 flamerhino

flamerhino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Usually ya, but buy.com has a policy of "no refund for pre-orders" on their website. I thought I'd have a harder time but I guess I lucked out

#50 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Avoid buy.com like the plague. Their CS is worse than DeepDiscount.com, if you can imagine that.

#51 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Avoid buy.com like the plague. Their CS is worse than DeepDiscount.com, if you can imagine that.

Sorry, I have to disagree. My buy stuff is always on time. As opposed to eight weeks late at DD, becuase the were selling stuff they didn't know if they had or when it would be in stock.

Unless you mean CS reps, which I have.never needed to talk to buy, so I'd personally have trouble believing.

#52 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

This makes me want to buy a second copy to keep sealed. Damn.

I was thinking the same thing. And for anyone else who was thinking of cancelling your order, maybe this will change your mind.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a75471338

I'm sure this was a fluke and the buyer won't pay but still worth noting that there is high demand for the Loot Chest Edition.

#53 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Agreed. It took me 3 phone calls and 3 emails just to get a decent response for a messed up order. I wanted to return but they say it is already opened and past the return window, I tried to explain that it was because they are so slow to reply to my return request. Final settlement was a $5 gift card, and I got tired to argue further.

#54 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. And for anyone else who was thinking of cancelling your order, maybe this will change your mind.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a75471338

I'm sure this was a fluke and the buyer won't pay but still worth noting that there is high demand for the Loot Chest Edition.

eBay BIN lowest price is already at $250, talk about driving prices:-#

#55 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Sweet Jesus. I was already scared because what would presumably be the PC version of this set didn't say PC anywhere on the page. Couple that with the disaster stories and questionable pre-order policies and I think I'll just wait until someone doesn't pick up one of the 15 or so copies preordered at my local GS.

#56 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Damn I hope some more of these are put back up for pre-order. I honestly didnt think it would sell out like this. With all the CE's that drop these days, its hard to pull the trigger at full price.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#57 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

With all the CE's that drop these days, its hard to pull the trigger at full price.

I'm in the same boat. I honestly did not think these would sell out. I'm hoping I can get one from an Amazon restock like I did with the first portal gun.

#58 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm so glad I reserved my copy at Gamestop when I did!

Also... I talked to a couple of employees and they seemed pretty certain they wouldn't be getting more to preorder, so I think Gamestop is done. Not sure about Amazon or Best Buy.

Edited by shrike4242, 04 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#59 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

I also missed out on this, and definitely would have chanced a buy.com purchase, but check out the following quote for some hope that more will be released :

http://kotaku.com/59...andy-pitchford-

#60 flamerhino

flamerhino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

looks like it's OOS for both J&R and Buy.com