Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3061 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

My points posted for 2K13, but I don't have the extra 1000 points pending.

Same here, expect for Residen Evil 6. Ill give it till tonight or else!:bomb:

#3062 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Same here, expect for Residen Evil 6. Ill give it till tonight or else!:bomb:

If I were you I wouldn't even wait for tonight. I'd call em' right now and demand an explanation as to why your bonus points are not pending after picking up the game a mere 3 days ago. Let them have it I say, you might even get a free cert for all the trouble this has caused you. :lol::lol::lol:

#3063 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

If I were you I wouldn't even wait for tonight. I'd call em' right now and demand an explanation as to why your bonus points are not pending after picking up the game a mere 3 days ago. Let them have it I say, you might even get a free cert for all the trouble this has caused you. :lol::lol::lol:

I might even sue best buy for the agony and torture Ive gone through waiting those 3 days for the points to show up and still nothing. ;)

#3064 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

To expand on that, you've already earned the points when you traded in your stuff.

Yeah I know that but once I moved the gift cards I got for trading those games in on to a pitch-in card how could they even tell thats where the money on the pitch-in card originally came from. I thought the reason everybody was getting pitch-in cards was for the reason of double dipping. I thought you got points for putting credit on the cards and also when you bought something with it? Or did you just get credit when you added money or credit to it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3065 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

My points posted for 2K13, but I don't have the extra 1000 points pending.

Yep, me too.

#3066 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Do or die day for me here. With Columbus day on Monday that means no mail until Tuesday when I pick up Dishonored and it takes away from my 2K13 time. So, I'm hoping that 2K13 gets here today, though I expect it won't sadly.

#3067 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yeah I know that but once I moved the gift cards I got for trading those games in on to a pitch-in card how could they even tell thats where the money on the pitch-in card originally came from. I thought the reason everybody was getting pitch-in cards was for the reason of double dipping. I thought you got points for putting credit on the cards and also when you bought something with it? Or did you just get credit when you added money or credit to it?

Just when you add to it. It would be sweet triple dip if it worked when u bought something with it, but no luck there, other then the few random points that show up, because it functions like a gift card.

#3068 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

You already double dipped. You got points when you traded in your games, and you got more points when you loaded the same gift cards you got from your trade in onto your pitch in card. What your trying to do is triple dip. Also, pitch in cards are treated the same way as gift cards, so you will not be getting any points when you use it to purchase anything no matter what.

EDIT: DAMMIT! Ninja'd By Godsmack

#3069 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Haha sorry. I'm on my phone, so I went short and to the point. You explained it in a bit more detail, which is never bad :)

#3070 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ok another question how do they treat price matching a game if you use reward zone points towards it?

#3071 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I had the same problem with Madden and I'm having it again with NBA 2K13, I'm not getting the reward zone for pre ordering. Anyone else having an issue, I pre order online so I'm not sure if that could be the issue.

#3072 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Ok another question how do they treat price matching a game if you use reward zone points towards it?

They may look at you funny when your receipt already shows 40 dollars because of the rz cert, but if they do just clarify with them that you used it and then they should still be able to price match it correctly

I had the same problem with Madden and I'm having it again with NBA 2K13, I'm not getting the reward zone for pre ordering. Anyone else having an issue, I pre order online so I'm not sure if that could be the issue.

Pre-ordering online seems to be the best way to NOT have problems, so my first question to you would be is your reward zone linked to your BestBuy.com account?

#3073 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Has anybody gotten their Borderlands 2 $20 promo yet? I have not.

I have not either and I picked it up on day 1

#3074 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Will Best Buy give you a gift card if you never get you never get the Assassin's Creed III steel book for pre-ordering it?

#3075 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Just need some clarification I am hoping someone can help answer for me. This has probably been answered already but here it goes...

I too have my Resident Evil 6 purchase show up on my RZ account as of this morning and it also says 0.00 for the preorder bonus like it does for everyone else. I am wondering though, since I bought RE6 with $25 dollars in RZ Certificates and the rest in cash, will I still get the 1,000 pts for the purchase? Or did using those RZ Certificates negate my 1000 points preorder bonus since I didn't pay the full $60 dollars for the game?

Thanks.

#3076 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Pre-ordering online seems to be the best way to NOT have problems, so my first question to you would be is your reward zone linked to your BestBuy.com account?

Yes it is, never have any issues getting any of my reward zone certificates prior, plus I'm a silver member so I figured there would be even less of a chance for an issue. So really only these pre orders are giving me issues.

#3077 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

RE6 and NBA 2K13 posted for me, sans 1000 points. I imagine they'll show up in 5 days too and then clear another week after that.

But man, I love using that RZ Credit Card for games. I picked up those two with RE6 getting a Frys PM, Lollipop Chainsaw for $20, a 1600 points card and Cinderella and I already have 451 pending from that transaction.

#3078 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just need some clarification I am hoping someone can help answer for me. This has probably been answered already but here it goes...

I too have my Resident Evil 6 purchase show up on my RZ account as of this morning and it also says 0.00 for the preorder bonus like it does for everyone else. I am wondering though, since I bought RE6 with $25 dollars in RZ Certificates and the rest in cash, will I still get the 1,000 pts for the purchase? Or did using those RZ Certificates negate my 1000 points preorder bonus since I didn't pay the full $60 dollars for the game?

Thanks.

You should still get your points. Using a GC or rz cert does not negate this promo. As someone said a few posts back, it usually takes a few more days for the 1000 points to show up on the transaction once it shows up in rz.

Yes it is, never have any issues getting any of my reward zone certificates prior, plus I'm a silver member so I figured there would be even less of a chance for an issue. So really only these pre orders are giving me issues.

Odd. I know that Madden purchases were screwed up in the system for a lot of people, I couldn't view the purchase on BB.com. I wonder if 2K13 might be doing the same thing. At this point, the only other suggestion I would have is to wait the 35 days from pick up or ship date, and see if it shows up, and then call if it doesn't.

#3079 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

RE6 was the first game I pre-ordered at BB to get the $20.00(1000 points) bonus I just assumed that the "pre-order bonus" that shows up as $0.00 on the rewards page was just the extra in-game content you got for pre-ordeing.

#3080 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I have not either and I picked it up on day 1

There was a preorder card error that was supposed to be fixed, that BB never fixed. We will have to contact BB for the 1000 points.

#3081 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

There was a preorder card error that was supposed to be fixed, that BB never fixed. We will have to contact BB for the 1000 points.

But wasn't there a response in the BBY forums thread you created from one of the mods saying that if you "preordered" the PC version and picked up the "correct" PS3 version, you should still expect your points? Or is contacting them directly on the forum the way to go?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3082 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

But wasn't there a response in the BBY forums thread you created from one of the mods saying that if you "preordered" the PC version and picked up the "correct" PS3 version, you should still expect your points? Or is contacting them directly on the forum the way to go?

They did say that, but my transaction has already posted (as in not pending anymore) for borderlands 2. Worst case scenario, you get 2000 points. ;)

I've also heard that in order to fix it they would have had to done something differently at pickup.

#3083 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Online order, in-store pickup of NBA2k13 on release day: The purchase finally appeared on my RZ account, but no mention of the pre-order bonus points. I'll wait the 30 days and hope the 1,000 points appears - if not, guess I'll have to call on the 2nd of next month.

#3084 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

RE6 was the first game I pre-ordered at BB to get the $20.00(1000 points) bonus I just assumed that the "pre-order bonus" that shows up as $0.00 on the rewards page was just the extra in-game content you got for pre-ordeing.

Correct. What you want to keep an eye out for is at the bottom of the transaction, where it says total points earned for this transaction, is a line item that says "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus."

#3085 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

They did say that, but my transaction has already posted (as in not pending anymore) for borderlands 2. Worst case scenario, you get 2000 points. ;)

I've also heard that in order to fix it they would have had to done something differently at pickup.

Oh. According to my account, that transaction hasn't posted yet, so I guess the wait continues for me.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3086 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

People stop freaking out about 1000 points showing up.

Same thing happened for Madden and BL2 then couple days later it showed up. You won't get the points 30 days anyway. Same for RE6 no preorder bonus, but I'm not worried.

Only thing I'm mad about is haven't got Anthology order. Tracking shows it got my local post office yesterday at 5 which is probably 20 minutes from my house. However I won't get it till Tuesday wtf. Fucking post office man.

#3087 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

You won't get the points 30 days anyway.

Not true. Madden, Borderlands and now FIFA all cleared for me within 10-14 days.

#3088 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Technically, you are not supposed to get them for 30-35 days.

#3089 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

So I guess im not the only one having the RE6 issue? It gave me 64 points for the order instead of 1,000. I should just wait a few days for the 1,000 points to show up or call customer service now?

#3090 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

As much as I'm loving the gaming deals from BBY, it's getting really annoying/tiresome combating their systems to get what you're supposed to. I added three gcs to my pitch-in card and only one order went through. I was able to cancel and reapply one gc, but the other one can't be cancelled for some mysterious reason, so that will require a call. I preordered and bought 1 360 copy of borderlands and bought without a preorder in a separate transaction 1 ps3 copy of borderlands. I later returned the ps3 copy but for whatever reason that was the order that received the 1000 rz points, so now those are gone. That will probably require a phone call to sort out. When I traded in some games the other day, the gcu 10% didn't get applied despite giving my phone number 2 times. Phone call time. And it's annoying when some games aren't available for in-store pickup the weekend before they come out (I'm looking at you Dishonored), although that is less BBY's fault than mine. Regular customers aren't likely to put up with this many issues. I wish BBY would get it together.