Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3091 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Correct. What you want to keep an eye out for is at the bottom of the transaction, where it says total points earned for this transaction, is a line item that says "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus."

I don't see that on mine. This is what mine looks like.

PS-PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6
REWARD ZONE CARD
RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT
PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6
PRE ORDER BONUS PS3-RE6

Total Points Earned with this transaction

Purchases
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

Should I be worried or does the "RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT" mean I should get my 1,000 points with no problems?

#3092 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Mine looks like this...

PS-PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6 1 4815532 ($5.00) ($5.00) PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6 1 4815505 $37.97 $37.97 REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5426639 $0.00 $0.00 Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total $32.97
$2.66
$35.63
I think something got messed up cause mine doesnt say anything like yours.

#3093 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Should I be worried or does the "RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT" mean I should get my 1,000 points with no problems?

That signifies the 10% off on Pre-Owned games.

#3094 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Annnnnnnnd I'm officially done with this thread.

#3095 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

I just found some rare/unique Resident Evil 6 game on EBAY. It looks like something only developers would get access to. Have any of seen it before or heard about it.
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

#3096 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

#3097 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

if you preordered in-store, you're supposed to get your DLC on your receipt when you go to pick up the game and receive it in your email as well. Just an FYI for people who did not know

#3098 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters).

It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.

No offense man, but I've heard this "roster update" criticism from so many gamers over the years and it almost exclusively comes from people who don't buy or play sports games. If you aren't playing the new installments year after year, how are you in the position to say that they don't add enough stuff or that the games aren't improving enough?

Wouldn't that be like me criticizing the Resident Evil series even if I hadn't actually played it since the original came out? It seems that sports games are the one genre where it is completely acceptable for people to rip on them even if they don't play them or haven't done so in years.

Again, no offense, just a general observation that has always intrigued me. :)
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#3099 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

No offense man, but I've heard this "roster update" criticism from so many gamers over the years and it almost exclusively comes from people who don't buy or play sports games. If you aren't playing the new installments year after year, how are you in the position to say that they don't add enough stuff or that the games aren't improving enough?

Wouldn't that be like me criticizing the Resident Evil series even if I hadn't actually played it since the original came out? It seems that sports games are the one genre where it is completely acceptable for people to rip on them even if they don't play them or haven't done so in years.

Again, no offense, just a general observation that has always intrigued me. :)

No offense taken my friend :)

Your observation was just as good as my own. And I suppose you're right. I haven't played ANY of this current gen's sports games besides The Show. I just know quite a few people who bought a game system JUST to play NCAA or Madden, even NBA of some sort and it has just made me wonder why just a sports title when there are so many "better" games available? Personal preference I guess.

On another note, I went in tonight to preorder Black Ops 2 and Dishonored. I wasn't scheduled for work Monday or Tuesday this week, so I'm hoping to run through the game, somewhat patiently of course, to have the game traded in Tuesday to pay off most of Dishonored. I'd like to trade it towards Borderlands 2 instead (too moronic to have remembered to preorder this while while the $20 deal was going for it :roll:), but I know I only have 7 days to fulfil the preorder before it's cancelled and I lose out on the freebie $20, so Dishonored has to be first.

Also, the guy gave me a Black Ops 2 baseball cap and silicone Iphone 4 case "just cause". I don't see any of these on ebay or anywehre else...anyone else gotten these or perhaps want to trade for them?

#3100 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

but I know I only have 7 days to fulfil the preorder before it's cancelled and I lose out on the freebie $20, so Dishonored has to be first.

Just curious, does anyone know whether the seven days is counted FROM the release date? In other words, can I pick up RE 6 on Tuesday and still get the $20 bonus? I would ask the store itself, but since they incorrectly told my brother that games have to be picked up 5 days from release, I don't think they're so knowledgeable about their own store's policy.

If I can pick up my RE 6 on the same day I pick up Dishonored and XCOM, that'd be nice so I could consolidate trips (I'm about a half hour away from my local Best Buy).

#3101 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Just curious, does anyone know whether the seven days is counted FROM the release date? In other words, can I pick up RE 6 on Tuesday and still get the $20 bonus? I would ask the store itself, but since they incorrectly told my brother that games have to be picked up 5 days from release, I don't think they're so knowledgeable about their own store's policy.

If I can pick up my RE 6 on the same day I pick up Dishonored and XCOM, that'd be nice so I could consolidate trips (I'm about a half hour away from my local Best Buy).

I believe it's 7 from release date.

#3102 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

I believe it's 7 from release date.

Yeah, that seems logical. I tried searching the thread, but anything with the word "days" ends up bringing up several hundred questions about how many days it will take RZ certificates to become available. :roll:

#3103 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

I can't wait for Tuesday and the ensuing nonsense that I might go through at Best Buy....here's hoping I get some more free money if they don't fix the problems I had last Tuesday.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3104 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, that seems logical. I tried searching the thread, but anything with the word "days" ends up bringing up several hundred questions about how many days it will take RZ certificates to become available. :roll:

You could try calling other best buys just in case.

#3105 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

So out of curiosity to all the people on the fence about RE6, Dishonored, etc, and thinking of waiting til BF... Why not just have preordered now to guarantee the $20 cert, play the game and if you don't like it get the $35-42 back in TIV, or if you do like it and possibly STILL want to trade it in, just keep PM'ing it as sales go in.

For silver members like myself, the 60 day PM period is almost more than enough time for any of the games to go on sale, whether its $10 or $30. Not to mention how much BBY is promoting their PM policy guarantee on the back of receipts now.

Then just keep bringing in the original receipt everyone you have the chance to get some cash back. Seems logical to me a least. I just picked up Borderlands 2 for my gf's brothers bday (she paid me back), and kept the receipt so I can just go back and get some money back whenever it hits a sale and use that towards my own copy of the game when I finally want to get it.

#3106 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat275100050005

#3107 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

I believe what the store is referring to is that they only guarantee to HOLD your reserved copy for 5 days, like Gamestop will only hold your reserved copy for 48 hours after release. For the purposes of the promotion, you have 7 days to pick up your pre-order. Technically, if a game sells really well, or the store doesn't get many copies, you might have issues picking up past the 5 day mark. I've only had that happen once though, when I tried to pick up my pre-ordered Deus Ex on the 5th day, and they had accidentally sold my held copy and didn't have any others in store. I had to wait for a new shipment to come in, then get a mod on the forums to fulfill the gift card offer.

#3108 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Got to be fucking kidding me, you can't pre-order Dishonored for In-Store Pick Up still? Un-fucking-believable.

#3109 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Got to be fucking kidding me, you can't pre-order Dishonored for In-Store Pick Up still? Un-fucking-believable.

Um the game isn't out yet...I've never known of any place that allows you to pre-order online and pick up in store besides GameStop which would charge you money for doing it. And no I don't mean $5 online and then $55 in store. I mean it would be an extra $5 making the game cost $65.

Just because some places broke street date does not mean the street date was changed.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3110 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Um the game isn't out yet...I've never known of any place that allows you to pre-order online and pick up in store besides GameStop which would charge you money for doing it. And no I don't mean $5 online and then $55 in store. I mean it would be an extra $5 making the game cost $65.

Just because some places broke street date does not mean the street date was changed.

Lol best buy has been doing in-store pickups on preorders for as long as I can remember now. What the hell you smokin on

#3111 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Have no idea what this is in reference to. I don't think I said anything about street date being broken or whatever. I'm upset that I can't pre-order a copy of the game for In-Store Pick Up on Tuesday and have to get it shipped now. Same thing happened with 2K13 last week when I waited until Monday. People kept saying that they cut online pre-orders for In Store Pick Up off Sunday at 5pm so I figured I would have time. I was out all weekend and figured I'd get it in today since, much like 2K13, I was now sure that I'd be in the area of a BB on Tuesday for work (and not the usual 40 minutes + away that I usually am) so figured I'd just pick it up then.

Looks like another week of waiting. Hope to avoid spoilers. At least I'll have 2K13 to keep me busy, I guess.

#3112 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Interesting, you can pre-order for store pick-up. I never bothered to look at that. I stand corrected.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#3113 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Have no idea what this is in reference to. I don't think I said anything about street date being broken or whatever. I'm upset that I can't pre-order a copy of the game for In-Store Pick Up on Tuesday and have to get it shipped now. Same thing happened with 2K13 last week when I waited until Monday. People kept saying that they cut online pre-orders for In Store Pick Up off Sunday at 5pm so I figured I would have time. I was out all weekend and figured I'd get it in today since, much like 2K13, I was now sure that I'd be in the area of a BB on Tuesday for work (and not the usual 40 minutes + away that I usually am) so figured I'd just pick it up then.

Looks like another week of waiting. Hope to avoid spoilers. At least I'll have 2K13 to keep me busy, I guess.

for some unknown reason, bb has been cutting off online pre-orders for in store pick up, much earlier now. as well as instore preorder.

#3114 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

hmm my re6 and 2k13 1000 points arent showing on myrewardzone...*waits it out*

#3115 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Damn, yeah I was about to pre-order Dishonored and noticed that. Oh well not a big deal, I haven't even played RE6 yet. I played the first chapter with Leon, and went back to my backlog to beat Downpour so I could trade it in.

#3116 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

for some unknown reason, bb has been cutting off online pre-orders for in store pick up, much earlier now. as well as instore preorder.

Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#3117 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#3118 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.

i know that is the other alternative, but i hate calling bb cs. the wait time kills me. luckily i preordered xcom enemy unknown ahead of time, and do not have to worry about this happening. xcom is the game i am interested in

#3119 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.

i thought rewardzone customer rep does not work on sundays? lol

#3120 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

The myrz site is so messed up. I lost 1000 points. My Borderlands 2 pending points no longer show up, my RE6 purchase also doesn't show points.