Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3121 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Damn, yeah I was about to pre-order Dishonored and noticed that. Oh well not a big deal, I haven't even played RE6 yet. I played the first chapter with Leon, and went back to my backlog to beat Downpour so I could trade it in.

you were playing silent hill downpour? man that game is unplayable on the ps3, with some of the frame drop/ freezing thingy, lol

#3122 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.

I agree, it's just a bummer because my work schedule and locations constantly change, so if I'm not going to be in the area of a BB for over a week, which has happened quite often, I don't want to pre-order something for In Store and then have to spend the gas money and time (again, like 1.5 hours round trip on average with light traffic and the gas on top of that) just to pick up a game. Usually I don't have the luxury of knowing until Sunday at the earliest where I'll be, so I hate chancing it because without eating up that special trip there's a decent chance I wouldn't be around one within the 7 days for the promo.

The other problem for me is that I might be around one, but until I get the schedule I don't know if I'll be near one 40 minutes on way, one 40 minutes the other direction, or the third that is about 40 minutes in a completely different direction, so can't just pre-order at a single one to be safe since I might not be around that store.

Thanks though, I'll try the CS thing. Do you just call the number of BB's website or the actual store itself?

#3123 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I agree, it's just a bummer because my work schedule and locations constantly change, so if I'm not going to be in the area of a BB for over a week, which has happened quite often, I don't want to pre-order something for In Store and then have to spend the gas money and time (again, like 1.5 hours round trip on average with light traffic and the gas on top of that) just to pick up a game. Usually I don't have the luxury of knowing until Sunday at the earliest where I'll be, so I hate chancing it because without eating up that special trip there's a decent chance I wouldn't be around one within the 7 days for the promo.

The other problem for me is that I might be around one, but until I get the schedule I don't know if I'll be near one 40 minutes on way, one 40 minutes the other direction, or the third that is about 40 minutes in a completely different direction, so can't just pre-order at a single one to be safe since I might not be around that store.

Thanks though, I'll try the CS thing. Do you just call the number of BB's website or the actual store itself?

you have to call bestbuy corporate number on the website, that is the only way. that is what i did with fifa 13, when instore pickup preorder was not an option, why don't you choose the ship to home option, since you are not sure if you are even going to make it out to bestbuy, and pick up the game?

#3124 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Once you get a store to accept an in-store pickup after preordering you can always call CS back as YX mentioned and have them change your store pickup to another store.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#3125 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

hmm my re6 and 2k13 1000 points arent showing on myrewardzone...*waits it out*

neither are mine but it'll eventually post.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#3126 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I managed to pm fifa 13 through the phone. I called and said "it was 49.99 at tru and that it said it in the ad but i dont think they updated the site correctly so you have to ad it to your cart" then she did it and gave me the pm so ymmv.

#3127 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

you were playing silent hill downpour? man that game is unplayable on the ps3, with some of the frame drop/ freezing thingy, lol

Yeah I noticed the frame rate drop during "Saving" moments, but that's about it. Definitely not the kind of 'freezing' compared to what I had with Silent Hill 3 from the HD Collection thankfully lol.

#3128 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

you have to call bestbuy corporate number on the website, that is the only way. that is what i did with fifa 13, when instore pickup preorder was not an option, why don't you choose the ship to home option, since you are not sure if you are even going to make it out to bestbuy, and pick up the game?

It takes a while to ship. That's what I did now for my Dishonored order, but I might try the CS thing since I know I will be around one on Tuesday now. Thanks for all the help, didn't know you could change pre-orders or in store pick ups from store to store either, that will be a big help for the future.

#3129 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I managed to pm fifa 13 through the phone. I called and said "it was 49.99 at tru and that it said it in the ad but i dont think they updated the site correctly so you have to ad it to your cart" then she did it and gave me the pm so ymmv.

But it's not $50 at TRU

#3130 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

But it's not $50 at TRU

The ad said 2 for 70 or 10 off 1 so if you go to the website and add it by itself the price is 49.99

#3131 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

The ad said 2 for 70 or 10 off 1 so if you go to the website and add it by itself the price is 49.99

that is how i got them to pm over the phone too, since i ordered fifa 13 online at bb, so bestbuy is basically paying me to play fifa 13, traded it in last week, lost 6 dollar tiv, since it is at $27 tiv

#3132 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

It takes a while to ship. That's what I did now for my Dishonored order, but I might try the CS thing since I know I will be around one on Tuesday now. Thanks for all the help, didn't know you could change pre-orders or in store pick ups from store to store either, that will be a big help for the future.

you have to call within 1 hour after placing your online order to in store pick up

#3133 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.

So what you're saying is you just calle BBY CS and told them you purchased RE6 but you didn't get your $20 yet and they manually entered the points so you have $20 to use now? If that's the case, lucky you

#3134 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

But it's not $50 at TRU

I also successfully price matched it. When they call TRU and ask for the the price they say its 49.99.

#3135 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Oh yeah my mistake thanks for the PM heads up!

#3136 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

you have to call within 1 hour after placing your online order to in store pick up

Damn, maybe next time then.

#3137 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I also successfully price matched it. When they call TRU and ask for the the price they say its 49.99.

Over the phone as well?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3138 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sweet successfully price matched FIFA over the phone as well

#3139 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

i know this is off topic, but does any 1who preordered nhl 13, any reviews on it? learning curve / technical issues? i am planning to order the 2 for $70 deal at tru

#3140 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Was told that I cannnot PM over the in-store purchase...Now it's not worth it to run to the store because gas is $4.97.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3141 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Was told that I cannnot PM over the in-store purchase...Now it's not worth it to run to the store because gas is $4.97.

lol, yeah, if you bought fifa 13 in store, you cannot / might not pm over the phone. you have to go to the physical store to get a pricematch

#3142 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

lol, yeah, if you bought fifa 13 in store, you cannot / might not pm over the phone. you have to go to the physical store to get a pricematch

Always thought it's the other way around (i.e. cannot PM in store if ordered online), I have limited knowledge in preordering, I only do this when buying as gift for others.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3143 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Always thought it's the other way around (i.e. cannot PM in store if ordered online), I have limited knowledge in preordering, I only do this when buying as gift for others.

for some weird reason, that is how the bestbuy internal system works. i hate price matching period at bestbuy, especially if you already bought the items, and having to bring back your receipt to get a pricematch. the employees at my local bb is always a pita to deal with. they make it seems like i am trying to scam them or something, and like they are losing/ paying the money out of their pocket when i do get the pricematch. Lmfao . a total joke. sorry for the rant

#3144 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

So quick question for those of you more familiar with BB's pre-ordering/shipping system,

What exactly do you tell them in order for CS to switch you from shipping to in-store pickup? Wouldn't they just give you the generic "we can't do it because the BB you want to ship it to isn't available"?

Also, somewhat offtopic but do you guys know how the OMS dealio works? From what I read, please correct me if I'm wrong and BB's near you don't have a game available, yet it's avail in a store 30-40 minutes away they can just OMS it to you, is that how it works?

#3145 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

So quick question for those of you more familiar with BB's pre-ordering/shipping system,

What exactly do you tell them in order for CS to switch you from shipping to in-store pickup? Wouldn't they just give you the generic "we can't do it because the BB you want to ship it to isn't available"?

Also, somewhat offtopic but do you guys know how the OMS dealio works? From what I read, please correct me if I'm wrong and BB's near you don't have a game available, yet it's avail in a store 30-40 minutes away they can just OMS it to you, is that how it works?

first make an online order, then call within 1 hour after you made your online order, and ask them to switch to in store pickup, and wait on phone to verify stock in your local bestbuy of the games you want. that is it, i did that with fifa 13, i ordered online, and called bestbuy corporate # right after i submitted my order, to tell them to switch to instore pickup

#3146 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

first make an online order, then call within 1 hour after you made your online order, and ask them to switch to in store pickup, and wait on phone to verify stock in your local bestbuy of the games you want. that is it, i did that with fifa 13, i ordered online, and called bestbuy corporate # right after i submitted my order, to tell them to switch to instore pickup

Ah okay cool, thanks. Figured there was some magical words I had to slip in there to make it work, I tried to do it once with Mass Effect 3 but they said they couldn't do it so I just waited till it shipped. Phone CS is surprisingly bad compared to the BB Forum reps.

I'll ponder on Dishonored a little longer and pull the trigger tomorrow (maybe). Kinda just want it for the lamp, not sure if I'll really enjoy the game.

#3147 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ah okay cool, thanks. Figured there was some magical words I had to slip in there to make it work, I tried to do it once with Mass Effect 3 but they said they couldn't do it so I just waited till it shipped. Phone CS is surprisingly bad compared to the BB Forum reps.

I'll ponder on Dishonored a little longer and pull the trigger tomorrow (maybe). Kinda just want it for the lamp, not sure if I'll really enjoy the game.

yeah, same here with my experience with bestbuy phone cs, it is basically a hit or miss for me. i either get a very helpful person, or a unhelpful/ rude cs. i had to hang up on the bb cs rep a few times, because i was so frustrated/ angry, and was about to curse them out.

#3148 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

This is correct. The only stipulation is the item has to be in stock for shipping on bb.com. They can either ship it to your store or to your house (in most cases). For example MP3 CE is 'not available for shipping', so they could not oms a copy.

#3149 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

This is correct. The only stipulation is the item has to be in stock for shipping on bb.com. They can either ship it to your store or to your house (in most cases). For example MP3 CE is 'not available for shipping', so they could not oms a copy.

that bs bb employee told me oms order cannot be shipped to store or my house, when i tried to shipped the witcher 2 during the $10 deal, because my local bb did not have it in stock, and the free shipping option for it was still available.

#3150 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

that bs bb employee told me oms order cannot be shipped to store or my house, when i tried to shipped the witcher 2 during the $10 deal, because my local bb did not have it in stock, and the free shipping option for it was still available.

I'm not an employee, but I believe I am correct. The only thing I could think of is the witcher was an instore only price since it was a RZ offer, so they probably couldn't honor the deal since OMS is basically an online order they do for you. I don't think it will work on those RZ offers unless a manager overrides the price.

But let's say there is a game you want that has a coupon in the mag, they can oms the game and you pay the price after coupon when they order it, then you just pick it up in store.