Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3151 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

This is correct. The only stipulation is the item has to be in stock for shipping on bb.com. They can either ship it to your store or to your house (in most cases). For example MP3 CE is 'not available for shipping', so they could not oms a copy.

God, I swear I proof-read that before I posted, not sure how you even made sense of it. ;)

Thanks, for clearing that up.

#3152 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Anyone try the MOH:Warfighter Beta on the 360 yet? I am downloading git now to give it a look. Right now I am not planning on buying it but we will see.
Posted Image

#3153 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

So what you're saying is you just calle BBY CS and told them you purchased RE6 but you didn't get your $20 yet and they manually entered the points so you have $20 to use now? If that's the case, lucky you

Yep, that's pretty much it. Though the way I am reading your post makes it sound like I did something wrong, lol. I wasn't looking to get my points early or anything, but the system had an error and my 1000 points weren't added to my purchase as pending, only standard points were added. So I called to make sure I wasn't going to get shafted, which I would have since the purchase was already pending without it. I might have it in time to use it for Dishonored on Tuesday, otherwise I will use it for Medal of Honor.

Anyone try the MOH:Warfighter Beta on the 360 yet? I am downloading git now to give it a look. Right now I am not planning on buying it but we will see.

I played a few rounds today. I sucked, lol. But I liked it a lot. I didn't have time to play around with everything much, but the gameplay seemed very smooth. I am more excited for it now.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#3154 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, I called them yesterday and they said if my points aren't ready by tuesday te 9th, to give them a call and they will add the 1,000 points then. I guess since I placed the pre-order on the 9th of September that counts as 30 days?

#3155 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

I downloaded it and I'm pretty disappointed. Feels like a mix between COD and BF3 but very arcadey. I do like the two-man spawn teams. I'm still not sure if I should cancel my pre-order.

#3156 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Alittle off topic, but wtf is up with the song at the end of jake's campaign? God awful.

Still havent gotten my 1000 points yet. Do you guys think BB will sell out of preorders for the hardened edition of Black Ops 2?

#3157 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, I called them yesterday and they said if my points aren't ready by tuesday te 9th, to give them a call and they will add the 1,000 points then. I guess since I placed the pre-order on the 9th of September that counts as 30 days?

I always assumed the within-30-days aspect of the $20 RZ certificate began once you picked up the game, not when you place the preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3158 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

I always assumed the within-30-days aspect of the $20 RZ certificate began once you picked up the game, not when you place the preorder.

I thought that too but thats what the guy told me. If I call back the 9th ill tell the, thats what I was told. If they won't do it, no biggie. Just want to make sure I do get it.

#3159 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Common sense should tell you No it doesn't count as 30 days. You complained because you didn't learn patience. The Best Buy rep you spoke to just gave you your points early vs having you call every day/week asking where my points are.

Plain and simple... If you can still return the item, your points most likely will not be in your bank (unless you cry like a bitch to Best Buy Customer Service).

#3160 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Common sense should tell you No it doesn't count as 30 days. You complained because you didn't learn patience. The Best Buy rep you spoke to just gave you your points early vs having you call every day/week asking where my points are.

Plain and simple... If you can still return the item, your points most likely will not be in your bank (unless you cry like a bitch to Best Buy Customer Service).

No, I did not complain. I called and inquired about the points because I thought it was odd I had 64 points pending from my RE6 purchase since I was told you don't get 1.000 points + whatever points you would get buying it normally. Since others in this thread said they had this issue as well, I figured i'd call CS and ask if there was an issue.

And No, I did not cry to them or get mad at them or anything. I simply asked what was up, and I did not even get my 1,000 points or ask them to give them to me. He said himself that if they didn't show up as pending in the next 3 days (by the 9th) to call CS back and they will see whats going on and will add the points to my account then.

Maybe if you lead to read what I wrote, you wouldn't have to get nasty and jumpy to conclusions.

#3161 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.

ffs

#3162 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

No, I did not complain. I called and inquired about the points because I thought it was odd I had 64 points pending from my RE6 purchase since I was told you don't get 1.000 points + whatever points you would get buying it normally. Since others in this thread said they had this issue as well, I figured i'd call CS and ask if there was an issue.

And No, I did not cry to them or get mad at them or anything. I simply asked what was up, and I did not even get my 1,000 points or ask them to give them to me. He said himself that if they didn't show up as pending in the next 3 days (by the 9th) to call CS back and they will see whats going on and will add the points to my account then.

Maybe if you lead to read what I wrote, you wouldn't have to get nasty and jumpy to conclusions.

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment."
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat264800050003

This thread is just cluttered with all this "I didn't get my points for the game I just picked up a week ago".

#3163 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for helping. If it makes you feel better, I have not gotten my points.

The only reason I called was because it seemed odd they would give me pending points of 64 for buying the game when I was told you would not get those.

#3164 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

People have reported getting their points 30 days after pre order

#3165 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

People have reported getting their points 30 days after pre order

Yea for online orders I got the points for madden 30 days after pre-ordering online but it doesn't work that way in store for me anyway.

#3166 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

ffs

yeah, did you actually read my post? They confirmed that my points were not and would not be posted. There was some sort of error, so yeah. I didn't call because I was impatient, I called because my points for the transaction were pending, but NOT the bonus 1000 points, only the regular purchase points. The cashier had to ring it up twice for some reason, and void it once (she had no idea what she was doing) so that probably messed with the pre-order/purchase process. This isn't my first BB purchase. This has happened to me before. If I did not call, I would not have gotten my 1000 points.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#3167 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment."

This thread is just cluttered with all this "I didn't get my points for the game I just picked up a week ago".

We aren't talking about not getting the points, we're talking about the fact that the points aren't pending at all. On my BL2 order the 1000 points were pending from day one, but not on my NBA 2K13 order.

#3168 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Yep, that's pretty much it. Though the way I am reading your post makes it sound like I did something wrong, lol. I wasn't looking to get my points early or anything, but the system had an error and my 1000 points weren't added to my purchase as pending, only standard points were added. So I called to make sure I wasn't going to get shafted, which I would have since the purchase was already pending without it. I might have it in time to use it for Dishonored on Tuesday, otherwise I will use it for Medal of Honor.

I played a few rounds today. I sucked, lol. But I liked it a lot. I didn't have time to play around with everything much, but the gameplay seemed very smooth. I am more excited for it now.

Happened to me on Madden and same thing happened. Also has anyone gotten the extra $10 or is that not in effect? I did my pre-order when it was going on back when I did NCAA & Madden and the deal was in effect... wonder how that all works, since I paid for it then and got it on release day? Overlapping in a way. IDK.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#3169 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Post to the account and show as pending to the account are 2 different things. Mine have shown as pending 3-5 days after pickup for both Madden and Borderlands. Anyway, I'm in the same boat with the RE6 base points showing as pending but no 1000 yet.

#3170 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

Ok so, I guess it wasn't just me then? lol

#3171 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Happened to me on Madden and same thing happened. Also has anyone gotten the extra $10 or is that not in effect? I did my pre-order when it was going on back when I did NCAA & Madden and the deal was in effect... wonder how that all works, since I paid for it then and got it on release day? Overlapping in a way. IDK.

No, that $10 deal is long dead. You had to pick up the order by 8/31 not just place it.

Kyden139.png

#3172 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

No, that $10 deal is long dead. You had to pick up the order by 8/31 not just place it.

Ah, okay. Didn't know when it ended. For some reason I thought it was 10/31. But thank you for the info!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#3173 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

yeah, did you actually read my post? They confirmed that my points were not and would not be posted. There was some sort of error, so yeah. I didn't call because I was impatient, I called because my points for the transaction were pending, but NOT the bonus 1000 points, only the regular purchase points. The cashier had to ring it up twice for some reason, and void it once (she had no idea what she was doing) so that probably messed with the pre-order/purchase process. This isn't my first BB purchase. This has happened to me before. If I did not call, I would not have gotten my 1000 points.

Lol, no you did nothing wrong, I'm just saying that's awesome they did that. It might be the same in my case too. I got my RE6 under the "exchange/preorder" receipt so I thought I'd be good. Well, my payment points posted the other day but not the exta 1000 so perhaps it glitched me as well. Idk why though.. Only thing I can think of is that I went back Tuesday night to do a PM on Anthology o Fry's $74.99 price and used my original receipt of course. Maybe whatever they entered or scanned voided out my $20 credit.

I say this because THAT transaction posted as well. My original RE6 purchase AND the price-match money too.

I'll just call tomorrow morning and explain it to them and maybe they'll just credit the $20 on my account. I was under the impression the $20 cert would just randomly show up 30 days later, not that an extra 1000 points would be pending in the same transaction as my purchase.

EDIT: I just checked my RZ points and purchases and noticed when I did the PM, they RETURNED my Anthology and rerang it up at $69.99 for the PM. Clearly this voided out of $20 because they probably thought I returned the game, and the newly PMed game wasn't on a preorder transaction. Definitely calling CS tomorrow then. I'm more than sure they'll just credit my points on there.

Edited by jcp42877, 08 October 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#3174 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

IGN review for Dishonored is up 9.2, sounds amazing.

#3175 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Just read the reviews for Dishonored and am trying to order it online for in store pick up (PS3) but it won't let me. Is this normal since it's coming out soon?

#3176 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

IGN review for Dishonored is up 9.2, sounds amazing.

Yep glad I pre-ordered it, and I know some people don't trust IGN (I personally only trust certain people ie. Greg, Colin, Clements, and Anthony for the most part) so

Giantbomb gave it a 4 out of 5.

#3177 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Just read the reviews for Dishonored and am trying to order it online for in store pick up (PS3) but it won't let me. Is this normal since it's coming out soon?

I guess so, I pre-ordered it earlier today and had to settle for having it shipped to me.

#3178 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Sounds like something with this particular game, I preordered Madden and Borderlands 2 for in-store pickup the night before.

#3179 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Sounds like something with this particular game, I preordered Madden and Borderlands 2 for in-store pickup the night before.

Monday is a holiday... so it's a bit late to be getting extra copies shipped out for tuesday pick-up.

#3180 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Actually I did and based on that original post there wasn't any mention of the transaction being rung up wrong. Your follow up post explaining the void is a totally different story I got from reading the first.

For the record, not every eligible preorder will show a pending 1000 point offer. I've had this happen to me before. I waited out the 30 days every single time and not once have I had to call in to CS about manually adjusting anything as all of my preorders have posted fine without any hiccups. I've preordered nearly every major new release from BB since they started the 5/$100 promo last year. I've done in-store and .com preorders too. Both of my NBA 2k13 and RE6 preorders are doing the same. I see a pending 64 points but no 1000 pending points. I'm not worried about it. It'll post.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3