Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3181 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Nobody has the points pending it takes a week. Everybody chill the Fuck the off and stop whining.

Same thing happened for Madden and BL2 no points pending, but couple days later it showed up. No need to call CS and bug them. Have a little patience for once.

#3182 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Now you two guys I like the way you think the terms of the promo say 35 days after pick-up why is it so hard to wait it out if you don't see the points pop up soon as the transaction post IDK if people are impatient or just don't mind the hassle of hitting CS up in hopes of free RZ certs.The same cycle of this happens every time one the titles from the list release
Posted Image

#3183 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Just read the reviews for Dishonored and am trying to order it online for in store pick up (PS3) but it won't let me. Is this normal since it's coming out soon?

For this title it appears to be... I preordered it months ago and had to have it shipped to my house.

#3184 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

IGN review for Dishonored is up 9.2, sounds amazing.

I read the review and I'm so stoked for this game, always great to see a new IP turn out awesome. :bouncy:

Now you two guys I like the way you think the terms of the promo say 35 days after pick-up why is it so hard to wait it out if you don't see the points pop up soon as the transaction post IDK if people are impatient or just don't mind the hassle of hitting CS up in hopes of free RZ certs.The same cycle of this happens every time one the titles from the list release

So true, I understand that people just want to make sure that they get their bonus points but its getting pretty ridiculous. If they rang up your pre-order wrong then that's a different story altogether and you should call to have them sort it out, but if everything is normal and you don't see your bonus points when your game first posts just wait it out. I don't understand what the big rush is...

The same thing happened to my BL2 order, no pending bonus points when the game initially posted and then bam, a few days later they magically appeared under the transaction. Most people who have their points manually added are just going to end up with double certs.

#3185 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Just played the MOH Beta for about an hour. It is very similar to BF3 in gunplay and feel but definitely more COD in terms of action. The buddy system is actually pretty cool. I most likely won't buy because I do not need two war shooters right now but I think it is miles better than the 1st MOH MP. That thing was a pile of crap. I might pre-order and see how the reviews look.
Posted Image

#3186 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Just played the MOH Beta for about an hour. It is very similar to BF3 in gunplay and feel but definitely more COD in terms of action. The buddy system is actually pretty cool. I most likely won't buy because I do not need two war shooters right now but I think it is miles better than the 1st MOH MP. That thing was a pile of crap. I might pre-order and see how the reviews look.

Yeah, I'm not picking this game up because I still play BF3 a lot and I'm getting BO2. There's no way I'm going to have the time to invest in this. Good to hear its better then the previous one though.

#3187 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

God I really want to get Dishonored after seeing the videos and reviews. But I'm still not sure. I have til the end of the day to finally pre-order and be eligible to get the next $20 certificate.
Posted Image

#3188 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Looks like the first sub-8 for Dishonored.

Guy tool 6 hours the 1st time but then says it actually gets better the more times you play it by taking different paths.

http://gamerlimit.co...iew-dishonored/

Comments are ripping him a new one though.

#3189 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for the replies. Ended up ordering it over the phone because the pre order usb item wasn't adding in my cart, and it's sku wasn't bringing it up on my end.

#3190 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

So Nine missions for Dishonored. Seems small but I am still all in on this game. The other negative is the story is not as solid as the trailers would make it seem. In the end if the gameplay is top notch then I will want to play it over several times. Between this and Hitman I think I will have my stealth/action fill this holiday.
Posted Image

#3191 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

God I really want to get Dishonored after seeing the videos and reviews. But I'm still not sure. I have til the end of the day to finally pre-order and be eligible to get the next $20 certificate.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking that I should just wait til black Friday as last year, all of the games I preordered last year ended up being on sale on black Friday and was kicking myself in the head.

#3192 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking that I should just wait til black Friday as last year, all of the games I preordered last year ended up being on sale on black Friday and was kicking myself in the head.

If I played and beat those games before they went on sale, then I wouldn't be too upset about it. If they were still in the shrink wrap though... :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3193 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Already had my 20.00 post from Borderlands and used it. I'm shocked it posted so quickly. I thought it takes 30 days?

seanr1221.png

#3194 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just placed my order for :360: Xcom. From the glowing reviews and my silver status, I can't let this one go by. Ended up paying ~$40 out of pocket for expedited shipping after gift card and reward certificates were applied.

Going to try and race through Dishonored as I fear the TIV will drop fast since it's been reported to have very little replay value.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#3195 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Going to try and race through Dishonored as I fear the TIV will drop fast since it's been reported to have very little replay value.

The replay value comes from trying out different approaches to each mission. A couple of the reviewers mentioned they immediately wanted to start the game again and play it a different way once they finished. If you're not interested in that, then it's an 8-15 hour game depending on who you ask.

Anyway, I think rushing through a game saps the fun out of it. I'm getting Dishonored on PC but even if I was getting it on a console, I'd take my time and not even worry about what the TIV was going to be when I'm done.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3196 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

so my borderlands 2 deluxe vault hunter was a total cluster...
to sum it up.

i preordered online and received it - but no preorder rz credit,
waited and nothing.

i happened to need to buy a vanilla version for my brother that saturday(which was what i was going to use the credit for in the first place).

called about a week ago to find out the status of the credit... and they said it was being processed.

i just got the rz credit applied to the 2nd one i bought without a preorder, not the first.

great job... i feel like returning the deluxe vault hunter edition because it seems like the price i dropping and it will be $50 sooner or later anyways.

hopefully my dishonored preorder will go better since i did it instore.

#3197 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Already had my 20.00 post from Borderlands and used it. I'm shocked it posted so quickly. I thought it takes 30 days?

i think technically it should show up as pending within a week - but actually be a credit to use within 30 days.

#3198 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

If I pre order online, is it a pain to price match later on?

#3199 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

I remember some say yes, but if you preorder in store you have to PM in store. Gas is $4.98 where I live, so...your choice?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3200 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Just placed my order for :360: Xcom. From the glowing reviews and my silver status, I can't let this one go by. Ended up paying ~$40 out of pocket for expedited shipping after gift card and reward certificates were applied.

Why not just wait for Dishonored to drop in price substantially before buying it so you can enjoy the game and take your time without trying to recoup most of your money back by rushing through it? Or better yet, just rent the game?

#3201 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

It took me 10-15 minutes to get a PM on Madden 13 done over the phone, not a pain by any means.

#3202 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Mine from 9/18 is still pending with an estimated date of 10/23. I was hoping it would come in time for Dishonored :/

#3203 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

i think technically it should show up as pending within a week - but actually be a credit to use within 30 days.

Nope. Definitely posted. I can post a screen cap later.

#3204 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

i received my points for fifa today. on a side note, i was freaking out that my bl2 points weren't posted/on my rz account but then i noticed i received them a couple weeks back and pre ordered it in august..woops haha

#3205 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Came here to ask but I see the answer.... ALOT of the confusion is caused by how Best Buy credits the bonus 1000 points. I've done 3 games so far, all were pre-ordered online but only NBA 2K13 was actually picked up in the store. I showed the 1000 promo bonus on the shipped items right away but the in-store pickup doesn't show the bonus just the base 118 points. I will just be patient and watch that it does appear. 1118 points on each purchase or about $22.50 each game is sweet. I'm in for this the rest of the year. :)

#3206 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

If I played and beat those games before they went on sale, then I wouldn't be too upset about it. If they were still in the shrink wrap though... :D

Well they were mainly sports games so you can't really beat them lol but being the sports fan I am, I always can't wait to play with the new rosters and graphics, and gameplay before the actual season starts

#3207 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Came here to ask but I see the answer.... ALOT of the confusion is caused by how Best Buy credits the bonus 1000 points. I've done 3 games so far, all were pre-ordered online but only NBA 2K13 was actually picked up in the store. I showed the 1000 promo bonus on the shipped items right away but the in-store pickup doesn't show the bonus just the base 118 points. I will just be patient and watch that it does appear. 1118 points on each purchase or about $22.50 each game is sweet. I'm in for this the rest of the year. :)

I'm confused as to how it came to about $22.50 per game?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3208 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

He get 118 points for the purchase on top of the 1000.

#3209 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

He get 118 points for the purchase on top of the 1000.

I got that part, but I guess there was a PM for it afterwards.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3210 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

No, he is getting 1118 points for each purchase.