Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3241 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Why not just wait for Dishonored to drop in price substantially before buying it so you can enjoy the game and take your time without trying to recoup most of your money back by rushing through it? Or better yet, just rent the game?

I was going to switch my $44.99 Newegg pre-order to Best Buy today but Newegg had already processed my order around 6 this morning. I'm actually saving ~$19 + fuel since I don't get charged tax at Newegg, but I'm missing out on the pre-order bonuses and the 60 day price match window.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#3242 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

While Dishonored has been more closely compared to Bioshock and Half life with its own "thing" going on, does anyone else get a Singularity vibe off of it?

I bought Singulaity as a day one purchase and found the game to be great in a ton of areas...but once I beat it, loaded my saves for the other 2 endings, and brushed up on the last couple achievement, I was done with it.

My point being...the premise of DIshonored should be fantastic, but I feel it will fall short. Hopefully not though! Hopefully...

#3243 247

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Went ahead and pre ordered Dishonored, lamp is still available.

#3244 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Went ahead and pre ordered Dishonored, lamp is still available.

Did you preorder it online or instore because I just ordered online and it wasn't showing up in my cart. Not a big deal since its only a lamp lol

#3245 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

I preordered RE6 a week before it was released, how long do I have to wait for my $20 RZ certifcate?

#3246 247

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Did you preorder it online or instore because I just ordered online and it wasn't showing up in my cart. Not a big deal since its only a lamp lol

Online, instore pickup is not available so it will be shipped. I'm still getting the lamp when I add it to my cart so it should still be available.

#3247 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

I preordered RE6 a week before it was released, how long do I have to wait for my $20 RZ certifcate?

Longer than 2 weeks that's for sure....it helps to read the terms and conditions of something you are taking part in.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3248 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Online, instore pickup is not available so it will be shipped. I'm still getting the lamp when I add it to my cart so it should still be available.

That's weird that its not coming up for me, not a big deal though

#3249 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

That's weird that its not coming up for me, not a big deal though

It was doing that for me as well. I cleared my cart a couple times and finally got it to appear. Why that worked, I have no idea.
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#3250 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

it seems alot of ppl just decided to preorder dishonored at the last minute, after seeing the high reviews, lol. i am going to have to pass on this game, after reading reviews about that the stealth approach almost being required, because it can affect your gameplay on later missions, due to the after effect it has on later misson's difficulty levels, if you keep using the confrontational method, by going head to head.

#3251 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

xcom isn't out yet?? I saw it available a few days ago at my local Best Buy when i went to get skyrim pc. should have bought it then. now im considering getting dishonored.

#3252 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Are we able to pricematch Borderlands 2 anywhere yet?

#3253 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Are we able to pricematch Borderlands 2 anywhere yet?

No place has had it on sale yet (at least nowhere I can PM), so no.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3254 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

it seems alot of ppl just decided to preorder dishonored at the last minute, after seeing the high reviews, lol. i am going to have to pass on this game, after reading reviews about that the stealth approach almost being required, because it can affect your gameplay on later missions, due to the after effect it has on later misson's difficulty levels, if you keep using the confrontational method, by going head to head.

thats what im afraid of the stealth portions kind of like deus ex that changes the game. im hoping im wrong and its more like assassins creed or mgs stealth. i still rolled the dice and preorder

#3255 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

thats what im afraid of the stealth portions kind of like deus ex that changes the game. im hoping im wrong and its more like assassins creed or mgs stealth. i still rolled the dice and preorder

i think the review i saw mentioned it being more like deus ex, i am not 100% certain. from all the walkthrough i saw on youtube, it just is not my type of game. i am not trying to persuade other from getting it. it is just my opinion, so don't jump on me for it

#3256 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

No place has had it on sale yet (at least nowhere I can PM), so no.

I'm quite excited for when this happens actually. My gf gave me money to get her bro BL2 for his bday, and told me I could keep the receipt to PM whenever sales happened and I could keep it all :D

I have a feeling though this game is going to be one of the slowwww ones to hit decent sales. I see the earliest only being a $49.99 price.

#3257 xpiredcoupon

xpiredcoupon

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

any sales on RE6 Anthology yet for a PM besides Fry's (there isn't one located near me)

#3258 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

i happened to need to buy a vanilla version for my brother that saturday(which was what i was going to use the credit for in the first place).

called about a week ago to find out the status of the credit... and they said it was being processed.

i just got the rz credit applied to the 2nd one i bought without a preorder, not the first.

Same thing happened to me. The 1000 points applied on the purchase without the preorder even though it was a different platform :roll:.

#3259 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I also preordered Dishonored for the reasons mentioned above (60 day pm window and certificate), but I'm not sure if I should cancel my Amazon order so I could place it with Best Buy for the same reasons. I just really want that MoH steelbook (or as they call it, tin case)....

Not sure if it matter to you but tin case =/= steelbook. Tin case is EA's knockoff steelbook. From my experience with the ME3 one, the discs are hard to get out and I would not get one again.

#3260 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

any sales on RE6 Anthology yet for a PM besides Fry's (there isn't one located near me)

The game came out on Tuesday...the week just started. There is a thread on CAG will all the major retailers weekly ads. This is CAG...threads are posted about sales. This info is very easy to find on your own.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3261 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Actually, at the moment all I see is the Best Buy and Target ad for this week ;)

#3262 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Actually, at the moment all I see is the Best Buy and Target ad for this week ;)

Which is why I also said deals are posted in general. If a game is on sale anywhere that is regional/nationwide and not just a single store or two it will get posted on here, all ya need to do is search.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#3263 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys

Wooo

#3264 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Anyone got their dishonored promo code email yet for those having it shipped?

#3265 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys

I was not able to for borderland II, at least if you wanted to keep the 1000 RZ points. The guy told me that if I wanted to switch version. He would have to cancel the order, and ring it up as new. Therefore you will lose the 1000 RZ point for pre-order. :booty:

#3266 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

[quote name='au7oma7ic']dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys[/QUOTE

I'd say no because even if they rung it up as an exchange, it might show up as a return/rebuy as far as the promo goes. I think the only acceptable "exchange" situation is the $5 deposit where I've read it doesn't mess up the $20 promo.

#3267 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

My NBA 2k13 points are now pending finally

536739.png

#3268 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Anyone got their dishonored promo code email yet for those having it shipped?

Not yet.

#3269 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

[quote name='bob330i'][quote name='au7oma7ic']dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys[/QUOTE

I'd say no because even if they rung it up as an exchange, it might show up as a return/rebuy as far as the promo goes. I think the only acceptable "exchange" situation is the $5 deposit where I've read it doesn't mess up the $20 promo.[/QUOTE]

I had this issue and had to post on the forums to get my points. However, it was indicated that if the return/purchase would have been on the same transaction then the points would have credited automatically.

#3270 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

My points for borderlands 2 just posted sweet now I can pick up my RE 6 preorder
Btw mine says $25 reward certificate... Maybe it's from other pooled purchases