Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3511 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

RZ page is playing mind game with me again. Had 191 points with 1,306 points pending this morning and now it's back to 191 points with only 279 points pending.

Odd that it changes so much like that. I feel it'll be back to normal tomorrow morning.

#3512 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

my points are pending now. seriously though, i'll never get silver, no way i'll spend $2500 bucks in a year.
Posted Image

#3513 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

My points has taken as long as 2 weeks to show up as pending.

The transaction shows up in a timely fashion though.

Do I panic? No. I assume their system is lagging big time on my account. Why the lag? Don't know. All I know is that the end result has always worked the way it should. Whether I call on the 28th day to get the points, or give them a few weeks... end result is still the same.

Win.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#3514 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

My points has taken as long as 2 weeks to show up as pending.

The transaction shows up in a timely fashion though.

Do I panic? No. I assume their system is lagging big time on my account. Why the lag? Don't know. All I know is that the end result has always worked the way it should. Whether I call on the 28th day to get the points, or give them a few weeks... end result is still the same.

Win.

I have had 3 preorders so far work fine, I have never had a transaction show up first without the 1,000 points and then the 1,000 points added later.

Add on the fact that anthology is special edition and yes there is a reason to doubt if it will ever be added.

#3515 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

big news from best buy. they will price match online retailers this holiday season. this is a pretty big deal when you combine with the rz credit, and possibly 60 (silver) days to price match.

http://news.yahoo.co...-141536715.html

only question is what the "holiday season" is exactly date wise

#3516 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

big news from best buy. they will price match online retailers this holiday season. this is a pretty big deal when you combine with the giftcard, and possibly 60 (silver) days to price match.

http://news.yahoo.co...-141536715.html

only question is what the "holiday season" is exactly date wise

I'd reckon 11/24-12/26. They probably don't want too big of a window.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#3517 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Would that be for games as well?

#3518 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Would that be for games as well?

it doesnt say for sure, but I took it as anything that falls under their price match guarantee.

#3519 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3520 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

• Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Yep, I went to price match Newegg's Yakuza Dead Souls yesterday and was shocked when they pulled up their PM list and Newegg was on there. This is gonna be fun! Or bad...for my wallet. I like buying at BB to get RZ points, and it's literally 3 minutes from my house, so it's convenient.

Also, my Dishonored bonus points posted nicely. I am loving Best Buy this year!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#3521 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yep, I went to price match Newegg's Yakuza Dead Souls yesterday and was shocked when they pulled up their PM list and Newegg was on there. This is gonna be fun! Or bad...for my wallet. I like buying at BB to get RZ points, and it's literally 3 minutes from my house, so it's convenient.

Also, my Dishonored bonus points posted nicely. I am loving Best Buy this year!

The only downside is the tax/gas, but you can also call bestbuy.com and they will price match over the phone for you and most of the time there is free shipping, so that can save on gas, but it'll take a while to get it. It is nice thanks to the RZ stuff, earning points and using points on amazon stuff is very useful.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3522 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

• Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

i wish gamestop was on the list :-(

#3523 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

i wish gamestop was on the list :-(

You want to price match msrp?

#3524 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Newegg is good.

Just wish Frys was on there too.

#3525 jooksingjie

jooksingjie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

will .com be doing this as well? or just instore?

#3526 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

will .com be doing this as well? or just instore?

.com as well. I just ordered Yakuza Dead Souls and Binary Domain for store pickup.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#3527 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Nobody is upset that they didn't get their points immediately. The problem is that the 1000 points are supposed to show as pending within a reasonable time after pickup which according to everyone here and elsewhere, has been within 3-7 days from pickup. With the collector's editions of RE6, this hasn't happened despite 10 days worth of time passing. I don't think there is anything wrong with raising this issue with Best Buy rather than having to argue with them about it 30-35 days from now when the return window closes. Honestly, if you guys are so upset by this discussion, why are you even in this thread? It's not like BB is adding new titles and the only reason to still be here is to post about the points or any problems anyone might be having with the promotion.

Not at all this is where news about pm'ing titles will leak generally since so many people are in the same boat looking for a match w/i the same buying window.

#3528 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

My points are now pending for resident evil. Nice.

Also the price match news is fucking awesome.

#3529 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Since the pm topic came up PC Richard has an crazy TV promo 3 TV's for $1400 & all of them are from Samsung. Obviously, getting the match BB would be better since you'd be getting at least another $25 in RZ certs

http://www.cheapassg...10#post10049710

55" LED LCD 1080p HDTV
26" LED HDTV
22" LED 1080p HDTV

Edited by Enuf, 13 October 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#3530 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I thought online price match was only for electronics and appliances?

#3531 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

My 1000 dishonored points are showing in the transaction now, but they are not pending/reflected in my total. No Borderlands 2 points at all.

#3532 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

How weird--I suddenly got 1000 points for preordering Dishonored without having to wait for them to pend before posting, but my 1000 points for RE6 are still pending...:-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3533 JonnyHeartthrob

JonnyHeartthrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

You want to price match msrp?

:applause:

#3534 247

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Dishonored shipped on the 10th but tracking number doesn't work. Ill probably return it when they decide to ship it.

#3535 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

how? my dishonored points are pending but no anthology yet

It was a joke. :lol:

My points will eventually come. I got close to 20 days before I will get to enjoy them anyways.

lowes.com

Didn't realize Best Buy sold tools, plants, and light fixtures...

In all seriousness, I will believe this once Best Buy updates their PM Policy online. All these news outlets have reported it yet there is no Official Word from Best Buy themselves. Best Buy employees are typicially not the most informed people. They have denied price match for years and that isn't going to change overnight for most of those Customer Service employee minds. I am glad yours allows it but didn't I remember hearing yours was doing that prior to this "announcement"?

#3536 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Didn't realize Best Buy sold tools, plants, and light fixtures...

In all seriousness, I will believe this once Best Buy updates their PM Policy online. All these news outlets have reported it yet there is no Official Word from Best Buy themselves. Best Buy employees are typicially not the most informed people. They have denied price match for years and that isn't going to change overnight for most of those Customer Service employee minds. I am glad yours allows it but didn't I remember hearing yours was doing that prior to this "announcement"?

Lowes sells appliances....Best Buy price matches Toys R Us, Target, and Wal-Mart. I don't remember Best Buy selling groceries, full line of action figures and toys (they carry them once and a while, but only small numbers of big sellers), or fresh produce. Your comment literally makes no sense, it was meant to be funny, but just came off stupid.

When I called the store he read it from a memo, he said they had a meeting about it two days ago. It was already in a public press release, but the actual details were unknown, by me at least, until I called my store.

When I called .com to place an order, she said yes we price match Newegg and amazon now. I then put an order in for store pickup for Yakuza Dead Souls and Binary Domain for $31.78 total.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#3537 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

$80 Sam's Club

PS3
http://www.samsclub..../prod7690327.ip

X360
http://www.samsclub..../prod7690390.ip

This is probably gonna be the goto place for SE pm's usually $10-$25 off w/i the 30 day time frame even more for silver or extended holiday period

#3538 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Anywhere to pricematch Borderlands or Dishonored yet? Is there a thread anywhere for this? I remember someone ran one last year and it was very helpful :)

#3539 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Dishonored just came out this past Tuesday, doubt there's a way to PM it yet.

#3540 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

You say they owe you points for $64. 1) tax doesn't get points. 2) how did you pay? Gift card, pitch-in card, reward cert, BB prepaid visa all don't give points. 3) if you used cash or credit card, did you try adding it via the report missing points option? You'd need the amount and customer service pin from the receipt.

1. You're right, tax doesn't isn't eligible for points but my 59.99 is. 2. I paid via gift card and credit card. 3. I already tried to add the points myself, I wouldn't have called customer service if I could resolve it myself. The 59.99 points were never added, and when I try to add them it says there were already added. I don't know how they screwed up my transaction but I paid for borderlands in full when I reserved it, and when I picked it up they gave me a receipt that says I returned the game. It's all jacked up.

card.png