Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3541 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Anywhere to pricematch Borderlands or Dishonored yet? Is there a thread anywhere for this? I remember someone ran one last year and it was very helpful :)

I successfully price matched BJs on Dishonored today at $46.99. Brought a picture on my phone, but they only glanced at it.

#3542 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

I should probably know this, but am oblivious...

When price matching any of these games, can you PM as many times as you like? You would just keep bringing in the ORIGINAL receipt right? Like if I PM'ed Dishonored for $45 and got $15 back, could I PM at $30 if its on sale and get $30 back? Or would they know I already got $15 back at one point and only give me another $15 off?

How could they tell if you used the original receipt?

#3543 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

When price matching any of these games, can you PM as many times as you like? You would just keep bringing in the ORIGINAL receipt right? Like if I PM'ed Dishonored for $45 and got $15 back, could I PM at $30 of its on sale and get $30 back? Or would they know I already for $15 back at one point and only give me another $15 off?

Each receipt has a bar code at the top and they can trace any other receipts attached to it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3544 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I successfully price matched BJs on Dishonored today at $46.99. Brought a picture on my phone, but they only glanced at it.

Can I get the picture? :)

#3545 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Each receipt has a bar code at the top and they can trace any other receipts attached to it.

Ahh okay. So you can only get money back of the sale price or competitor's price is lower than what you've already PM'ed it for?

Example: I PM'ed Fry's RE6 anthology for $74.99, so I can't hope to get any more back unless it goes >$74.99 within 60 days correct?

#3546 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

I got 4,500 RZ pts pending, cant wait till they clear : )
Posted Image

#3547 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Can I get the picture? :)

Sure. It's in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

#3548 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Damn, guess that would only work for the 360 version.

#3549 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Ahh okay. So you can only get money back of the sale price or competitor's price is lower than what you've already PM'ed it for?

Example: I PM'ed Fry's RE6 anthology for $74.99, so I can't hope to get any more back unless it goes >$74.99 within 60 days correct?

Correct.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3550 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I preordered dishonored and picked it up Tuesday, and became unlocked on Thursday and still received the points. So maybe some luck to those who did like me and became unlocked after the fact. Question, am I supposed to get the current mag when I enroll or will it ship home? A non gaming clerk was standing in when I purchase my subscription.

#3551 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

is there a limit to the amount of games you can price match protection during the 60 day purchase?

For example if you do lots of returns bestbuy will ban you/not allow you to return anymore... that is why they need your license.. do they do the same thing with price match?
does a pricematch after purchase count as a return?

I buy dozens of games every month from bestbuy (and multiples of each game) so i'm sure I can get a lot of money back by pricematching but I'm afraid they will ban me if i do it too often?

#3552 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image
October 30 Midnight Store Openings
Find out which stores open at 12:01 a.m. to sell Assassin's Creed III. Plus, the first 20 people in line per store receive Assassin's Creed III limited-edition collectible coins with their midnight purchase.

#3553 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

suh-weet. i'm there. thanks htz.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#3554 247

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Steelbook shows up when you add to cart.

#3555 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

3,500 points just cleared for me, including dishonored. That was quick

#3556 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Posted Image
October 30 Midnight Store Openings
Find out which stores open at 12:01 a.m. to sell Assassin's Creed III. Plus, the first 20 people in line per store receive Assassin's Creed III limited-edition collectible coins with their midnight purchase.

my bestbuy isn't doing midnight releases.. will all stores still get the coin?

#3557 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

my bestbuy isn't doing midnight releases.. will all stores still get the coin?

My store that didn't do a midnight release got the Borderlands 2 posters, but 2/3 days after release.

#3558 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

My store that didn't do a midnight release got the Borderlands 2 posters, but 2/3 days after release.

borderlands 2 poster was at almost every bestbuy store i went. lol

#3559 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well, I had nothing to worry about--I logged into myrz.com today to find a ton of my pending points now processed and the 1000 points for RE6 credited. I'm sitting pretty now on 3000 points (with ~300 still pending). \\:D/

...I love being able to bank points. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3560 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

3,500 points just cleared for me, including dishonored. That was quick

Wow less than a week and you already got the cert?

#3561 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well, I had nothing to worry about--I logged into myrz.com today to find a ton of my pending points now processed and the 1000 points for RE6 credited. I'm sitting pretty now on 3000 points (with ~300 still pending). \\:D/

...I love being able to bank points. :D

If I may ask did you get just a regular version of RE6 or one of the other versions?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3562 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

When price matching any of these games, can you PM as many times as you like? You would just keep bringing in the ORIGINAL receipt right? Like if I PM'ed Dishonored for $45 and got $15 back, could I PM at $30 if its on sale and get $30 back? Or would they know I already got $15 back at one point and only give me another $15 off?

Once you pm a game from $60 to $40 bring the 2nd receipt to pm it cheaper. Always bring the last receipt used it makes it easier for the CSR plus will help avoid them making a a mistake & return the game vs pm it.

is there a limit to the amount of games you can price match protection during the 60 day purchase?

For example if you do lots of returns bestbuy will ban you/not allow you to return anymore... that is why they need your license.. do they do the same thing with price match?
does a pricematch after purchase count as a return?

I buy dozens of games every month from bestbuy (and multiples of each game) so i'm sure I can get a lot of money back by pricematching but I'm afraid they will ban me if i do it too often?

They monitor it but I've been pm'ing like crazy for 5+ yrs & haven't had an issue. PM's are tracked but they ARE NOT counted like a return even though the receipt may say return. The real red flags are people who do excessive returns that end in open box items("renters") or complusive impulse buyers who return stuff every other day. Just make sure they "price match" & not return/rebuy.

#3563 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

If I may ask did you get just a regular version of RE6 or one of the other versions?

Regular version.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3564 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Any price matching opportunity available for Madden 13, Sleeping Dogs, DarkSiders 2, Nba 2k13, dishonored, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6?

Someone should make a price matching thread, so it can be easily found, with that being said....not it!
Posted Image

#3565 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Any price matching opportunity available for Madden 13, Sleeping Dogs, DarkSiders 2, Nba 2k13, dishonored, Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6?

Someone should make a price matching thread, so it can be easily found, with that being said....not it!

Ha that's what i've been saying... also, not it! :p

On another note, what would happen for price matching if we used a trade in card to purchase the game? Are we not able to price match if we paid for the game via a GC or a trade in card etc?

#3566 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

One would assume that if there were any PM opportunities, a thread would be created (clearly by someone less lazy than you, who has no problem doing the work for themselves). Not everything can be handed to you on a silver platter... :roll:

#3567 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

One would assume that if there were any PM opportunities, a thread would be created (clearly by someone less lazy than you, who has no problem doing the work for themselves). Not everything can be handed to you on a silver platter... :roll:

;) I agree, no arguing here
Posted Image

#3568 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Oh definitely, but i also think it can come down to having the amount of free time it would take to create and maintain the thread. I definitely don't have the free time... sorry :)

#3569 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Any PM opportunity will be posted here no doubt. There were tons of them last year during the promo. I think I got BF, Batman, Skyrim and Saints Row for 40.00 plus the gift cards.

#3570 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

i think silver members are getting their points posted after 14 days now. i did a trade in 2 weeks ago and i got a cert for it so if my guess is right i'll get the 2k and re points tomorrow :D