Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3871 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Just wanted to confirm, if I pre-order 2 copies of Black Ops 2 and pick-up both I should get 2,000 points correct? I want to make sure there is no limit on any one title.

" Limit one award per member per title."

#3872 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

" Limit one award per member per title."

Thanks, guess I'll see if there are any other pre-order bonuses worth getting somewhere else or if I can find it a little cheaper.

#3873 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Where are you guys seeing COD Black Ops 2 is part of this promo? I checked both main Best Buy and reward zone website and neither one is saying it is included. Major bummer if it is not.

Not trying to be rude here, but this is THE most common question in the thread, check back a few pages and you will see how common, and how annoying, this question is.

P.S. the answer is yes, BO2 is included. If you check the RZ site while logged into your GCU account, you will see it on the list.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#3874 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

For anyone able to swing a PM to Amazon, they have the 360 version of Dishonored for $51.99 while the PS3 version is at $54.54.

#3875 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

For anyone able to swing a PM to Amazon, they have the 360 version of Dishonored for $51.99 while the PS3 version is at $54.54.

Thanks, I'll get on the phone now. :)

EDIT: Done, though the rep with whom I spoke said I wasn't technically allowed to PM Amazon, but since I'm a "valued member" (i.e., Premier Silver) she made a "one-time exception" and PMed the $51.99 price. $8.48 back on my Pitch-In Card! \\:D/

Edited by Vigilante, 21 October 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3876 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I got shot down on the Dishonored pricematch, he read off the policy verbatim and told me where to find it:

"Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles."

Thats all he said that they are pricematching at certain online retailers for purchases oct 7 to nov 17 and then nov 27 to dec 24.

Oh well, it was worth a try. Maybe I shouldn't have complained so "enthusiastically" about the slow shipping on the Borderlands 2 preorder. :)

#3877 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I got shot down on the Dishonored pricematch, he read off the policy verbatim and told me where to find it:

"Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles."

Thats all he said that they are pricematching at certain online retailers for purchases oct 7 to nov 17 and then nov 27 to dec 24.

Oh well, it was worth a try. Maybe I shouldn't have complained so "enthusiastically" about the slow shipping on the Borderlands 2 preorder. :)

Well that makes me sad. Guess time to convert some credit to visa cards for Target since they are price matching everything at Amazon.
Posted Image

#3878 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well, its still worth a shot, but they do have ammo to deny I guess. I'll still try again, preorders are good deals at Best Buy anyway.

#3879 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I tried to pm RE6 the other day when it was 50 at amazon. I talked to 3 reps and one supervisor and they all said they don't pm online retailers. Cue jackiechanwtf. BBY needs to get it together if they want to survive.

#3880 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Well, its still worth a shot, but they do have ammo to deny I guess. I'll still try again, preorders are good deals at Best Buy anyway.

Yeah, it's still worth trying--I was able to PM RE6's $48.66 price on Amazon two days ago with no problems (the rep didn't even mention the policy).

It would be easier if these games could just go on sale at a B&M store, but you take what you can get. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3881 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I tried to pm RE6 the other day when it was 50 at amazon. I talked to 3 reps and one supervisor and they all said they don't pm online retailers. Cue jackiechanwtf. BBY needs to get it together if they want to survive.

I hear you, but even if they did pricematch video games, unless you bought RE6 5 days after release, they wouldn't have to pricematch it. Oct 7 was the cutoff date for purchases under this promo.

I guess they just did this update to the PM FAQ a few days ago. Maybe now they are more knowledgeable about it, who knows.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee FAQ

At the bottom is the details on the Promo.

#3882 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I hear you, but even if they did pricematch video games, unless you bought RE6 5 days after release, they wouldn't have to pricematch it. Oct 7 was the cutoff date for purchases under this promo.

I guess they just did this update to the PM FAQ a few days ago. Maybe now they are more knowledgeable about it, who knows.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee FAQ

At the bottom is the details on the Promo.

I also hear you, but I did in fact pick up RE6 7 days after release via preorder/in-store pickup. And I never even got to that bridge with the cs reps so to speak since they all just flat out denied matching online retailers. So after the hour or so of calling/holding/arguing with the reps, the price went back up to $58 on amazon so I was SOL.

#3883 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I wonder who tried to warn people earlier that Best Buy didn't price match Amazon.... oh yeah Me. Now here is proof of the reactions when reality was checked.

#3884 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Woo Hoo BB allowed me to PM BL2 yesterday... both for mine and my gf's copy. They gave us each $10.something back and put it on a single GC for us. YAY. I didn't bothere to PM a single game last year during the promotion and my gf and i BOTH got 5 games each. Could have potentially saved another $100. Argh.

#3885 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Woo Hoo BB allowed me to PM BL2 yesterday... both for mine and my gf's copy. They gave us each $10.something back and put it on a single GC for us. YAY. I didn't bothere to PM a single game last year during the promotion and my gf and i BOTH got 5 games each. Could have potentially saved another $100. Argh.

The Best Buy PM policy is absolute gold. Amazon sucks compared to Best Buy for new games.

#3886 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I wonder who tried to warn people earlier that Best Buy didn't price match Amazon.... oh yeah Me. Now here is proof of the reactions when reality was checked.

Except for the fact that BBY does pm amazon and other various retailers, you are absolutely right and the hero CAG deserves. It just so happens that the cs reps I talked to were woefully under-trained like a number of BBY employees. Poor customer service and ignorant employees doomed CC and it will also kill BBY.

#3887 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Except for the fact that BBY does pm amazon and other various retailers, you are absolutely right and the hero CAG deserves. It just so happens that the cs reps I talked to were woefully under-trained like a number of BBY employees. Poor customer service and ignorant employees doomed CC and it will also kill BBY.

They don't PM games though according to the fine print.

#3888 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Not for video games they don't. Here's the policy from their website:

Spoiler

Note that it mentions video game hardware but nothing else. It also mentions that you can only pm at time of purchase, not during the return period. You might be able to talk an employee into doing a pm on games or during the return period, but the denials are following policy.

Kyden139.png

#3889 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

They don't PM games though according to the fine print.

The fine print isn't exclusionary toward games but inclusionary toward appliances and electronics. However if someone wanted to verbatim me the fine print, I would have accepted that interpretation and try another rep. However every rep told me they only pm local competitors in 25 mi radius, which for the past 2 weeks, has been incorrect. And it's worth noting I'm silver which helped resolve another poster's pm.

#3890 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Does anyone know if we could reasonably expect a deal on Black Ops 2 from any other retailer on release? I never bought the first one so don't know if there were any deals or not. I'm just kind of meh on joining Unlocked at best buy just for the 20 preorder bonus for BLOPS.

#3891 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Does anyone know if we could reasonably expect a deal on Black Ops 2 from any other retailer on release? I never bought the first one so don't know if there were any deals or not. I'm just kind of meh on joining Unlocked at best buy just for the 20 preorder bonus for BLOPS.

Try Kmart.

#3892 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Was going to Costco, and BBY was on the way. PMed Fifa since Amazon had it for 10 bucks less. Woot woot.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3893 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Got my BB to prce match the B2G1 no problem. All they did was return the most recent game (Dishonored) and re-sold as $0. They said that was the easist way to do the return, go figure. The benefit for me is I can still price match Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 since those are untouced.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3894 247

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Got my BB to prce match the B2G1 no problem. All they did was return the most recent game (Dishonored) and re-sold as $0. They said that was the easist way to do the return, go figure. The benefit for me is I can still price match Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 since those are untouced.

So you won't get the $20 certificate for Dishonored?

#3895 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Will that mess up the $20 RZ?
Edit: I see that 209 had the same concern and expressed them at the same time as I did.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3896 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I tried to preorder Halo 4 (regular edition) with in-store pick up today, but it says "unavailable" for all stores within my area. Are they sold out, or can you just not do in-store pick-up for Halo 4?

#3897 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

So you won't get the $20 certificate for Dishonored?

It very well might, but I rather have $60 then $20 any day of the week. If I still gert the $20 great, if not that is fine too.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3898 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

It very well might, but I rather have $60 then $20 any day of the week. If I still gert the $20 great, if not that is fine too.

My EXACT thinking as well.

I bought my BL2, BL2, and Dishonored today and plan to go back this week after my Dishonored cert clears, to return them and get my $60

#3899 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

But doesn't that mean you had to pick up two $60 games today? Or did you buy two sub $60 games and they still resold dishonored as $0?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3900 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

I cannot remember but I should be able to preorder MoH in-store tomorrow?