Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3901 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Try Kmart.

Thanks Panda

#3902 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

I cannot remember but I should be able to preorder MoH in-store tomorrow?

I would assume so. I was able to preorder RE6 the day before release. Just go to the prorder kiosk, print out the preorder slip and bring it to the registers. Don't ask about it simply do it.

Kyden139.png

#3903 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

I cannot remember but I should be able to preorder MoH in-store tomorrow?

Sometimes they take the preorder out of-the system. From what I was originally told the preorder system gets updated Saturday at 8pm EST (I've been there while it updated). With the update it is supposed to take out preorders for the following Sunday/Tuesday releases.

This doesn't take it out of the purchasing system, just out of the preorder kiosk. What I always had them do was, if it was out of the preorder kiosk, find the preorder sku and just enter that. It always accepted it.

#3904 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sometimes they take the preorder out of-the system. From what I was originally told the preorder system gets updated Saturday at 8pm EST (I've been there while it updated). With the update it is supposed to take out preorders for the following Sunday/Tuesday releases.

This doesn't take it out of the purchasing system, just out of the preorder kiosk. What I always had them do was, if it was out of the preorder kiosk, find the preorder sku and just enter that. It always accepted it.

Thanks. There should a card with the game art on the floor with the sku.

#3905 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

But doesn't that mean you had to pick up two $60 games today? Or did you buy two sub $60 games and they still resold dishonored as $0?

Neither, I showed them my recepits from BL2, RE6, and Dishonored and they decided to just zero out Dishonored.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3906 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?

#3907 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Neither, I showed them my recepits from BL2, RE6, and Dishonored and they decided to just zero out Dishonored.

I wish I would've thought of this...would've been a lot less time consuming than rebuying all 3 games like I did, then waiting another day to go back and return them.

#3908 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

You can not stack @gamer coupons with a PM. It is extremely YMMV.

#3909 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

I pre-ordered Assasians creed 3 in like march when they were offering the steel book. This was way before the $20 in reward certs they are offering now. Will I still get the reward certs? Will I have to cancel and reorder? Thanks

#3910 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

I pre-ordered Assasians creed 3 in like march when they were offering the steel book. This was way before the $20 in reward certs they are offering now. Will I still get the reward certs? Will I have to cancel and reorder? Thanks

They say no but I did anyway. I just returned my pre-order and did a new one to be sure it would work.

#3911 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Cool, that makes sense. And congrats on scoring a free Dishonored on release day. I thought you encountered some wonderful employee that allows you to buy two sale games and manually zero out your Dishonored.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3912 Unknown Corpse

Unknown Corpse

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

Ok, first, Im sorry for asking another BLOPS2 preorder question.

Here is my question. If I preorder the pc version, do I still get the certz?

If I click the link in the reward zone for BLOPS2, it only shows the 360 and ps3 versions.

Thank you

Actually I just checked and none of the games show the pc version. Maybe there is someone who bought the pc version of Blands or dishonored knows the answer

#3913 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ok, first, Im sorry for asking another BLOPS2 preorder question.

Here is my question. If I preorder the pc version, do I still get the certz?

If I click the link in the reward zone for BLOPS2, it only shows the 360 and ps3 versions.

Thank you

Actually I just checked and none of the games show the pc version. Maybe there is someone who bought the pc version of Blands or dishonored knows the answer

It doesn't apply to PC games IIRC.

Also, I was able to do a price match of Borderlands 2 from Fry's. And for some reason, I'm getting a point deduction? Should I call BB support?

#3914 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Someone bold for me the portion where they exclude games for price matching online retailers?

I read something two pages back and now I'm confused.

#3915 Unknown Corpse

Unknown Corpse

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thank you geco

#3916 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

I tried to preorder Halo 4 (regular edition) with in-store pick up today, but it says "unavailable" for all stores within my area. Are they sold out, or can you just not do in-store pick-up for Halo 4?

Sorry to quote myself for the new page, but does anyone know?

#3917 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?

#3918 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Not sure if serious or if too lazy to read other posts.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3919 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Someone bold for me the portion where they exclude games for price matching online retailers?

They do not exclude games, but they leave it out of the PM terms and specifically mention video game hardware leaving it open for employees to say no because it is not included.

#3920 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

You probably could. Give it a shot. And if you already have the 20 cert yeah you can combine it with the coupon. The cert is basically a gc

#3921 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

It doesn't apply to PC games IIRC.

Also, I was able to do a price match of Borderlands 2 from Fry's. And for some reason, I'm getting a point deduction? Should I call BB support?

Is it only 20 points? I believe that's supposed to happen. Every game I PM has gotten that when I PM to $49.99 (10 x 2 thanks to GC/GCU).

#3922 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Sorry to quote myself for the new page, but does anyone know?

I just tried to Pre-Order also for IN STORE pickup and all are Unavailable except ONE store. Weird. I may just have it shipped, but that is weird. Did we wait too long?

#3923 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Question:
Girl bought Tekken Tag and now there is a coupon. Does it work on prior purchases?

nihilence.png

#3924 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Is it only 20 points? I believe that's supposed to happen. Every game I PM has gotten that when I PM to $49.99 (10 x 2 thanks to GC/GCU).

Oh okay. It's just when I price match they have never taken points off before.

#3925 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

That's Double Dipping. It is either the Gamer Mag Coupon or the PM. The certificate is a form of payment so it works in combo with either.

#3926 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Question:
Girl bought Tekken Tag and now there is a coupon. Does it work on prior purchases?

Ymmv

#3927 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Oh okay. It's just when I price match they have never taken points off before.

Yeah. Occasionally I'll have it not happen too (Persona 4 Arena comes to mind for me), but it's supposed to. As long as it's not 1000, it's right.

#3928 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Question:

If it doesn't, and if you still qualify for the PM/Return period, rebuy with coupon and return with the old receipt.

#3929 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Well, I just ordered HALO 4 online....could not do the IN-STORE pickup. I did get FREE Expedited shipping though....good enough, saves me a trip to the store I suppose.

#3930 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

In other words there is nothing about gaming software, only gaming handheld devices and consoles.