Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3931 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

It doesn't apply to PC games IIRC.

Also, I was able to do a price match of Borderlands 2 from Fry's. And for some reason, I'm getting a point deduction? Should I call BB support?

You're getting a point deduction because you get points for spending in relation to how much money you spent. When you PM you spent less money, so you get less points. For this to happen they have to deduct points.

If you used a GC and got no points to begin with then talk to a mod on BBY forums. This has happened to some people (myself included).

#3932 247

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

So will I be able to pick up MOH and asscreed with a b2g1 coupon and still get $20 certificates?

#3933 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Worst fucking promotion ever created, I dont know why they couldnt have done it with Gift Cards like normal human beings

Now after a Price Match(Which was apparently a return and rebuy) for Borderlands 2 1000 points have mysteriously dissappeared from my account

Im done with these fucking crooks, I hope Best Buy crashes and burns worse than Circuit City did

Im going in tommorow to cancel the other three preorders I had
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3934 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Worst fucking promotion ever created, I dont know why they couldn't have done it with Gift Cards like normal human beings

Now after a Price Match(Which was apparently a return and re-buy) for Borderlands 2 1000 points have mysteriously disappeared from my account

Im done with these fucking crooks, I hope Best Buy crashes and burns worse than Circuit City did

Im going in tomorrow to cancel the other three preorders I had

How hard is it to make a quick call to CS and get it fixed? lol

#3935 he1l1o

he1l1o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

hey the point is it should not have happened with his rz point being removed or something
isn't PM okay with this promo?

well there goes me going back tomorrow and try to get a PM on frys BL2 for $50

#3936 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

PM is ok, the problem is they returned his game instead of doing it as an exchange. When ever I do a PM I just ask them to make sure to do it as an exchange if need be to not lose the 1,000 points.

Even then, it just takes a call to CS to fix the issue.

#3937 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Spent two hours on the phone already and all they want to do is give me run arounds about merging accounts and other bullshit because I still havent recieved a point yet from Dishonored because they attached that fucking game to another account I didnt even know I had. Now I have to explain to them how Im out ANOTHER 1000 points making the grand total 2000 points missing plus the 500 or so from buying the games themselves

Thats 50 dollars gone

I dont know who you guys are talking to that just add the points to your account, they sure as Fuck WONT do it for me

lol indeed man, fucking lol indeed
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3938 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

PM is ok, the problem is they returned his game instead of doing it as an exchange. When ever I do a PM I just ask them to make sure to do it as an exchange if need be to not lose the 1,000 points.

Even then, it just takes a call to CS to fix the issue.

I did that, store customer service wouldnt listen and insisted that it wouldnt effect tthe promotion even though I knew it would

Every game I have bought so far has been a hassle, I have litterally had to fight for the DLC and points the entire time

Why the Fuck does it have to be this complicated?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3939 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Spent two hours on the phone already and all they want to do is give me run arounds about merging accounts and other bullshit because I still havent recieved a point yet from Dishonored because they attached that fucking game to another account I didnt even know I had. Now I have to explain to them how Im out ANOTHER 1000 points making the grand total 2000 points missing plus the 500 or so from buying the games themselves

Thats 50 dollars gone

I dont know who you guys are talking to that just add the points to your account, they sure as Fuck WONT do it for me

lol indeed man, fucking lol indeed

Well if you talk to CS the way you post it does not surprise me

#3940 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Well if you talk to CS the way you post it does not surprise me

Your right, I have no reason to be upset at all

Thanks for your insight into the situation
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3941 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well, I guess it could be a giftcard instead. I would say its to prevent people from getting a gift card then returning the game, but when I worked there, if you get a giftcard with an item, and you returned the item, you had to return the giftcard as well.

#3942 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Your right, I have no reason to be upset at all

Thanks for your insight into the situation

You seem to get upset a lot. It also seems like bby makes mistake after mistake reading your posting history. You are one unlucky guy.

#3943 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

Well, I guess it could be a giftcard instead. I would say its to prevent people from getting a gift card then returning the game, but when I worked there, if you get a giftcard with an item, and you returned the item, you had to return the giftcard as well.

But couldn't they ring it up as part of the game's new price?

Example...back when ME3 came out and GCU got a $20 GC for preordering. Yes that GC was emailed, but say it would've been physical.. They could've just run up ME3 as $39.99 and the $20 GC making the total still $60 + tax.

Sure someone could return the game, but they still paid $60 all together and can't get that $20 refunded for the GC.

#3944 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

You seem to get upset a lot. It also seems like bby makes mistake after mistake reading your posting history. You are one unlucky guy.

Im upset because there has not been one thing done right yet, not one thing

I sign up for gamer unlocked and they send it to the wrong address. I preorder and buy Borderlands 2, never got my DLC and now my points have been taken away. I preorder and buy Dishonored 2, they attach it to another account, I call CS and they tell me they have to merge accounts when I told them I just want my points, still waiting for that to happen and I seriously doubt Im gonna get my points

If you think im being unrealistic about my expectations just go over to Best Buy unboxed forums and take a look at the pages of other people that have yet to recieve any points and these are people that have a basic understanding of the system itself

I can only imagine how many normal everyday customers Best Buy is screwing over with this promotion and guess what?

They like it that way

They could have made it easier and less convoluted, they chose not to in hopes that you would give up
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3945 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just wanted to say that in-store pick up is working for Halo 4 again. Dunno what was wrong with it last night.

#3946 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I received my $20 preorder certificates for Fifa 13 and 2k13. Can I take advantage of the B2G1 and if so what happens to my $20 certificates?

#3947 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I've got a quick question, I know its probably been answered before at some point but I remember somebody saying that using RCs affects price matches.

So I'm wondering if I should just wait to use my certificates on something I most likely won't be able to price match in awhile like BO2

#3948 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I received my $20 preorder certificates for Fifa 13 and 2k13. Can I take advantage of the B2G1 and if so what happens to my $20 certificates?

For that you'll have to do a return and rebuy. however you will lose the $40 certs
So it's either a free game worth up to $60 or $40 in certs...your pick

#3949 thelwig14

thelwig14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

There is a reason why you should always have your Reward Zone Card with you to be scanned every time you make a purchase.

#3950 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I've got a quick question, I know its probably been answered before at some point but I remember somebody saying that using RCs affects price matches.

So I'm wondering if I should just wait to use my certificates on something I most likely won't be able to price match in awhile like BO2

I can't speak from experience, but from what others have said, you can PM an item on which you used RZ certificates if, when you PM, you point out that you used said certificates to lower the item's price. You should still get the PM.

I wouldn't recommend (for instance) using $40 in RZ certificates on AC3 or Far Cry 3, since I don't know what would happen if you bought them day-one and tried to PM a (again, for instance) $30 sale price within the PM window.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3951 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I can't speak from experience, but from what others have said, you can PM an item on which you used RZ certificates if, when you PM, you point out that you used said certificates to lower the item's price. You should still get the PM.

I wouldn't recommend (for instance) using $40 in RZ certificates on AC3 or Far Cry 3, since I don't know what would happen if you bought them day-one and tried to PM a (again, for instance) $30 sale price within the PM window.

RZ points would be refunded to your account proportional to the refund. For example, you buy a $15 item and use a $10 certificate (500 points). The item drops down to $7.50, you would get 375 points back ($7.50) to your account. You might be able to get the store to give you $5 in cash and 125 points (2.50) back, but I am unsure if the BB system allows that.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3952 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

@ lord hamm - i hear ya man. they got these rules to keep people from taking advantage of deals but don't think ahead of what if? what if a customer exchanges, what if a customer pm's, etc. etc.

#3953 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

no not really.. if it says you got a $20 gift card on the receipt, then if you returned the game, you would only get $39.99 back! Every other store does it, it's not that hard!

#3954 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

For that you'll have to do a return and rebuy. however you will lose the $40 certs
So it's either a free game worth up to $60 or $40 in certs...your pick

Do they remove certificates, or do they put you in the negative?

#3955 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I sign up for gamer unlocked and they send it to the wrong address. I preorder and buy Borderlands 2, never got my DLC and now my points have been taken away. I preorder and buy Dishonored 2, they attach it to another account, I call CS and they tell me they have to merge accounts when I told them I just want my points, still waiting for that to happen and I seriously doubt Im gonna get my points

If you think im being unrealistic about my expectations just go over to Best Buy unboxed forums and take a look at the pages of other people that have yet to recieve any points and these are people that have a basic understanding of the system itself

I can only imagine how many normal everyday customers Best Buy is screwing over with this promotion and guess what?

They like it that way

They could have made it easier and less convoluted, they chose not to in hopes that you would give up

I have had my share of issues with Best Buy, but it seems like some of the issues are easily solveable or the result of your poor preparation. How did they get the wrong address to send the GZ Unlocked kit to in the first place? It's an electronic system so whatever you entered or they have on record for you is the address it goes to. If you have two RZ accounts, you can simply wait for the points to post to the other account in 30-35 days and then print the cert. Similarly, all you need to do on the missing points is call and speak to the rep and explain that the promotion called for 1000 bonus points regardless of any price matches and the store made a mistake when doing the PM. It won't take two hours and they will handle it if you are just clear about what happened.

#3956 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

They like it that way

If you have an active survey fill it out and request someone to contact you to fix multiple issue and leave your name/phone number. You should get an email from them in a couple of days. I got a girl that was really helpful and straightened out 5 or 6 ongoing issues with credits, PMs, points, etc.

#3957 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Do they remove certificates, or do they put you in the negative?

They put you in the negative if your points have already posted and you've printed out a cert. They can't remove the cert if you have already issued it.

#3958 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Just wanted to say that in-store pick up is working for Halo 4 again. Dunno what was wrong with it last night.

Thanks guy. Was finally able to get my preorder in :)

#3959 asinginpix

asinginpix

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I received my gamer unlocked welcome coupons in the mail today. They expire on November 3rd. Is it normal for the welcome coupons to only be valid for two weeks???

#3960 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Anyone know if its too late to preorder AC3?