Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3961 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Anyone know if its too late to preorder AC3?

Plenty of time.

I just pre-ordered MoH. Not convinced I will pick it up but I wanted the option. I will read some reviews. If the SP gets good press I will pick it up and play it and trade it.

Edit: Is it me or is the advertising and promotion for this game almost non-existent?

#3962 causticpork

causticpork

Caustic Spaztic Acid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Plenty of time.

I just pre-ordered MoH. Not convinced I will pick it up but I wanted the option. I will read some reviews. If the SP gets good press I will pick it up and play it and trade it.

Ditto odd though no reviews are up
Posted Image

#3963 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Ditto odd though no reviews are up

I just watched a video on IGN that EA did not send a review copy till TODAY. They said their review would not be up till Fri or Mon next week. Ut ohh...On the flip side the ACIII playthrough was completed today but no review till Tuesday.

#3964 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Plenty of time.

Edit: Is it me or is the advertising and promotion for this game almost non-existent?

Pre-ordered today as well, probably play it for a couple weeks then trade it in too.

And "yes" to the non-existent promotion question.

#3965 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

They put you in the negative if your points have already posted and you've printed out a cert. They can't remove the cert if you have already issued it.

Thanks. Never got that cleared up. Negative 1000 points would suck.

#3966 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have had my share of issues with Best Buy, but it seems like some of the issues are easily solveable or the result of your poor preparation. How did they get the wrong address to send the GZ Unlocked kit to in the first place? It's an electronic system so whatever you entered or they have on record for you is the address it goes to. If you have two RZ accounts, you can simply wait for the points to post to the other account in 30-35 days and then print the cert. Similarly, all you need to do on the missing points is call and speak to the rep and explain that the promotion called for 1000 bonus points regardless of any price matches and the store made a mistake when doing the PM. It won't take two hours and they will handle it if you are just clear about what happened.

Thats the thing though, I didnt know I had two accounts or the other address in their machine(Its an address from my home I lived in a decade ago)

The only possibility that I can come up with is that it is some account made for my tracking over a decade ago judging by its low member number(Its like four zeroes deep). I have never activated it and It never was pulled up or noticed for the 3 years Ive been a reward zone member and now they mysteriously pull it up halfway through this promotion?

Every time I go to my Best Buy the customer service has problems with their system throwing up errors and have to move to different registers like its musical chairs, so Im sure its because of their old outdated system, thats why I dont understand why they have to rely on it for this promotion
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3967 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thinking of picking up Halo 4 from Best Buy as well... I have mine paid off in full already at Gamestop, it's just annual tradition to get it from GameStop at midnight! Plus my Best Buy isn't doing a Midnight Release

Though I may still pre-order it from Best Buy to get the $20 rewards certificate + the poster (and love the armor!)

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#3968 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well my 1,000 points for picking up dishonored posted to my RZ account. That was fast. I thought it was supposed to take a month. Hmmmm.

#3969 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I just watched a video on IGN that EA did not send a review copy till TODAY. They said their review would not be up till Fri or Mon next week. Ut ohh...On the flip side the ACIII playthrough was completed today but no review till Tuesday.

You know what that means don't you? EA does not want IGN to release their review on it before it goes on shelves in fear that it would suck and influence IGN followers not to buy the game....that's how I look at it anyway

Well my 1,000 points for picking up dishonored posted to my RZ account. That was fast. I thought it was supposed to take a month. Hmmmm.

Not necessarily a month. It can take merely 2 weeks

#3970 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

You know what that means don't you? EA does not want IGN to release their review on it before it goes on shelves in fear that it would suck and influence IGN followers not to buy the game....that's how I look at it anyway

That is a possible reason, but it isn't the only one. Releasing reviews the week prior to release is probably better advertising than releasing reviews several weeks prior to release. If they held the game from reviewers until after release, then I think we'd have more to worry about. At this point, AC3 has a built in audience with name recognition, so it will likely sell a certain number of copies regardless of reviews. It's not like they have to build hype or brand awareness for the franchise.

#3971 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Why are you mixing in AC3 with EA?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3972 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

That is a possible reason, but it isn't the only one. Releasing reviews the week prior to release is probably better advertising than releasing reviews several weeks prior to release. If they held the game from reviewers until after release, then I think we'd have more to worry about. At this point, AC3 has a built in audience with name recognition, so it will likely sell a certain number of copies regardless of reviews. It's not like they have to build hype or brand awareness for the franchise.

They're talking about Medal of Honor, not Assassin's Creed.

But yes, EA is definitely doing it on purpose. The first one did not get very good reviews(and from what I played in the beta, neither will this one), so I guess they're trying to keep reviews out of the picture for the first week of sales.

630736.png

#3973 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

They're talking about Medal of Honor, not Assassin's Creed.

But yes, EA is definitely doing it on purpose. The first one did not get very good reviews(and from what I played in the beta, neither will this one), so I guess they're trying to keep reviews out of the picture for the first week of sales.

Oh, my bad, I thought it was about AC3... I withdraw my argument since it's MoH ;)

#3974 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

How have I not gotten my points for RE6 or 2K13....Seriously..

#3975 247

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Where can I see if my store is having a midnight release for Halo 4?

#3976 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Look for "November 6 Midnight Store Openings" right under the trailer.

http://www.bestbuy.c...archterm=halo 4

#3977 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...8125&cmp=ocss_g

Is your best bet unless you just call your store and ask.

#3978 247

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Look for "November 6 Midnight Store Openings" right under the trailer.

http://www.bestbuy.c...archterm=halo 4

http://www.bestbuy.c...8125&cmp=ocss_g

Is your best bet unless you just call your store and ask.

Thanks. Damn, my store never has midnight releases :/

#3979 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Well I feel a little better about the situation

Not only did CS refund my 1000 points back from Borderlands through customer satisfaction the site itself for some reason righted itself and gave me back the 400 points it stole(It looks like it took one of my certificates back and credited my account 1000 points, but no problem I went and used the certificate tonight for printer ink). Now Ill I have to do is wait for my merge to go through so I can get my other 1000 points for dishonored

While at the store I was successful in getting a price match on the B2G1 offer, what they did was take 30 off dishonored and 30 off my Borderlands which had already been PMd 10 dollars off from the Frys price

So all together Ive paid 110 dollars for BL2, Dishonored and Xcom and I got back 40 dollars in RZ certificates and a 15 dollar Gift card making the grand total 55 dollars for 3 games

Not Bad

I still got CoD Black Ops on preorder, but im not sure about AC3 or Farcry 3 now with the trouble I had getting everything straight even though it worked out great, I dont want to push my luck. I can hold off on those games and being Ubi games I know for a fact they will fall to 20 dollars or lower soon enough

The only one im on the lookout for now is a deal on hitman as thats the only other game im interested in
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3980 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Has anyone gotten their 1000 Pts for dishonored to post yet?

#3981 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Well I feel a little better about the situation

You should feel a lot better, you just saved a lot of money!

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3982 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

someone just posted about 2 pages back saying they did

#3983 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Some guy a few posts back said he did today.

Mine have yet to show up. I'm hoping for today or Wednesday.

I've noticed my points clearing up in about 2 weeks now. Maybe Silver perk? Idk.

I've also noticed the points posting 2 weeks after purchase date, not preorder date like some people have been reporting having luck with.
Posted Image

#3984 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

You should feel a lot better, you just saved a lot of money!

I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3985 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

you can always order it online. i've ordered all of the games so far online and i haven't had one problem with it

#3986 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I apparently got mine on the October 19th... I say apparently because I just have the red text saying 1000 issued cert but no pending transaction in my file... (Which is rather annoying as the Dishonored preorder has been a pooch screw for me so far... I got no Whale Oil USB lamp like I was suppose to.)

#3987 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

If anyone on the West Coast was still on the fence about pre-ordering MoH: Warfighter, GameSpot is live streaming the campaign.

#3988 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

If anyone on the West Coast was still on the fence about pre-ordering MoH: Warfighter, GameSpot is live streaming the campaign.

yeah but they suck at playing any kind of games....

#3989 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

Mine posted last week.

#3990 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Mine cleared today. I preordered it online for shipping.

536739.png