Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3991 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Where can I see if my store is having a midnight release for Halo 4?

My local store wasn't on the online list but they have some posters in the front and inside saying that they're doing midnight launch for halo and blops 2.

Subbed to @gamer and preordered ACIII, Halo 4 and Blops 2 today :)

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#3992 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

They're talking about Medal of Honor, not Assassin's Creed.

But yes, EA is definitely doing it on purpose. The first one did not get very good reviews(and from what I played in the beta, neither will this one), so I guess they're trying to keep reviews out of the picture for the first week of sales.

I'm not so sure this is the reason. I think it more has the do with the massive day 1 patch for MoH: Warfighter. which was most likely put in to "complete" the game -> http://www.xbox360ac...nely-Large.html

They probably didn't want reviews until the patch was out because the game was shipped incomplete (hence the extensive day 1 patch), now the reason for the "incompleteness" in the first place could either be:

A) Because the game needed to go gold early enough to meet the release date, giving EA a claim on the FPS market until BlOps 2 comes out a month later, cause let's face it, very few people are going to be playing Warfighter when BlOps 2 is finally released, just from hype alone. MoH doesn't have the fanbase like Battlefield does and this is EA's only military-FPS this holiday.

or B) They've been tireless in working on fixes for bugs reported in the beta, and wanted to roll them out ASAP.

Considering how recently the beta started and ended though, and knowing EA's usual tactics, it's most likely A, which is you know, bullshit.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#3993 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yeah the Day 1 patch is 300mb and fixes 110 items...holy shit.
Posted Image

#3994 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

OK I pre-ordered in store MoH. I want to take advantage of both the B2G1 and still get the $20 certificate. Do I need the games to be scanned in a certain order? How do I "pickup" the pre-order, do I just bring my reciept for the $5 pre-order and the games I want up to the counter? Sorry I usually just do online pre-ordering.

#3995 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Got my 20.00 from resident evil.

#3996 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck

Preorder online and avoid all the trouble. Always got my $20 RZ cert and DLC codes.

#3997 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

OK I pre-ordered in store MoH. I want to take advantage of both the B2G1 and still get the $20 certificate. Do I need the games to be scanned in a certain order? How do I "pickup" the pre-order, do I just bring my reciept for the $5 pre-order and the games I want up to the counter? Sorry I usually just do online pre-ordering.

Make sure they exchange MOH and not as a return. Just have all three games on receipt and should be fine.

#3998 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Has anyone gotten their 1000 Pts for dishonored to post yet?

I just got mine today. I pre-ordered online the day before it came out and had it shipped.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#3999 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I just got mine today. I pre-ordered online the day before it came out and had it shipped.

Do people who did online preorders get theirs earlier or somethin? I preordered Dishonored in-store the Saturday before its release and my points haven't cleared yet.

Given how my other promo games have gone (2 weeks and a day after release date), the points should be cleared tomorrow, but I'm still curious as to how someone who preordered after me got his points first.
Posted Image

#4000 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

yup look like it's a perk for silver members just turnt silver this month didnt get points for madden and BL2 after 2 weeks definitly nice to know.Also preordered the day before release
Posted Image

#4001 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

yup look like it's a perk for silver members just turnt silver this month didnt get points for madden and BL2 after 2 weeks definitly nice to know.Also preordered the day before release

Well I've been Silver since February, so I'm baffled as to how he got his first, especially if he ISN'T silver.
Posted Image

#4002 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

maybe online order is a little smoother than in-store:-k I know I preordered online the monday before it came out
Posted Image

#4003 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Make sure they exchange MOH and not as a return. Just have all three games on receipt and should be fine.

Great, thank you!

#4004 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck

While I agree the program can be better I disagree that the program is convoluted. I've preordered $200 worth of RZ certs since BB has started this and I have had 0 issues. The offer is clear enough that it isn't convoluted. The only issues are at the POS with a misinformed employee and customers that don't know how to read fine print.

Next time just preorder online. It will resolve 99% of your issues.

#4005 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Anyone know if BB is still giving out the special CoD @gamer issue free with BLOPS2 pre-order?
Posted Image

#4006 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Somewhat off topic but this game has been brought up several times in this thread so thought I'd ask here....Has anyone found any deals at Best Buy or other retailers for WWE 13 yet? Little surprised BB isn't throwing a 15 dollar gift card with it like they did for Xcom or Pro Evol soccer.

#4007 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

My Borderlands 2 RZ points just cleared today after 30 days. I waited till the last day to pick it up to maximize my price match window. I ordered online for in store pick up and I'm silver, neither of which expedited the speed at which the points had cleared.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#4008 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Dont even bother trying to get the $5 deposit added to the purchase just purchase the games. After the RZ points post you can get a refund for the $5 or move(exchange) the pre-order to another title. All of the pre-order that I've done for this promo none of the $5 pre-orders have been used when I purchased the games. I've gotten all of my $20 credit before 30 days.

#4009 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Fuck YEA

My 20 dollar cert for dishonored just posted- took exactly 2 weeks, same as borderlands 2, glad I can use it to buy AC3

#4010 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I really want to use my $20 credit on AC3 from RE6. I think I might just wait a while and hope I get credit before the 3rd. I get it and then use that plus price match toys r us so I can get it for $48. Then with $20 re6 credit, $5 cert, and about $10 from trade in credit, brings it down to $13. pretty damn good.

#4011 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Dont even bother trying to get the $5 deposit added to the purchase just purchase the games. After the RZ points post you can get a refund for the $5 or move(exchange) the pre-order to another title. All of the pre-order that I've done for this promo none of the $5 pre-orders have been used when I purchased the games. I've gotten all of my $20 credit before 30 days.

i've gotten all of my $5 deposits credited to the game and still got the $20 credit before 30 days.

#4012 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

You lose out on any pre-order DLC that is offered by doing that. As long as MoH rings up properly, you'll have no problem doing the B2G1 and getting the $20 cert.

#4013 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

ok CAGs, here's a question. So I preordered MoH some good time ago, so it was eligible for the $20 cert points. But between then and approximately 2 weeks ago, my GCU membership expired. If I renewed it at the kiosk, then bought the preordered game, would I still get the $20? or would since it's a new subscription, not work for the promo? in which case, I'll just wait for it to get cheaper and return the preorder.

thanks!

#4014 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

ok CAGs, here's a question. So I preordered MoH some good time ago, so it was eligible for the $20 cert points. But between then and approximately 2 weeks ago, my GCU membership expired. If I renewed it at the kiosk, then bought the preordered game, would I still get the $20? or would since it's a new subscription, not work for the promo? in which case, I'll just wait for it to get cheaper and return the preorder.

thanks!

As long as you are a GCU member at the time of purchase, you will be fine. To be safe, just have them on the same receipt.

#4015 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Still have not gotten my points for RE6, or 2K13. Shit better come before Assassins Creed 3 is out.

#4016 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Still have not gotten my points for RE6, or 2K13. Shit better come before Assassins Creed 3 is out.

Those games didn't come out until October 2nd, which means it very well could be until the first week of November before you see them.

630736.png

#4017 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Are they pending yet? They should be by now. Also, it seems like only silver members are getting their points early so you may have to wait out the 30 days if not.

#4018 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm really getting fed up with Best Buy. I preodered MoH in-store. I called customer service to ask about the promotional credit tied to the game and price matching. They said if you order online and pricematch you don't lose your promotional credit since you already received it, but if you preordered in store you would have to talk to an employee in the store. When I went to pick up the game I asked the "gaming expert" if they PM Newegg do I still keep my promotional credit. He said you have to talk to customer service. The person at customer service said if you pricematch you lose your credit since it doesn't post to the account until 30 days. Talk about bs. Who can I speak to at Best Buy about this? The employees at Best Buy are so ignorant when it comes to GCU promotions. It's really frustrating. I got better service at the DMV right before going to Best Buy

#4019 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

maybe online order is a little smoother than in-store:-k I know I preordered online the monday before it came out

I've preordered 5 games online during this promo for shipping and all 5 times I've gotten the preorder bonuses emailed with no problem and my points processed automatically within about 2 weeks. A lot better than going to the store and hoping they ring me out correctly.

#4020 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm really getting fed up with Best Buy. I preodered MoH in-store. I called customer service to ask about the promotional credit tied to the game and price matching. They said if you order online and pricematch you don't lose your promotional credit since you already received it, but if you preordered in store you would have to talk to an employee in the store. When I went to pick up the game I asked the "gaming expert" if they PM Newegg do I still keep my promotional credit. He said you have to talk to customer service. The person at customer service said if you pricematch you lose your credit since it doesn't post to the account until 30 days. Talk about bs. Who can I speak to at Best Buy about this? The employees at Best Buy are so ignorant when it comes to GCU promotions. It's really frustrating. I got better service at the DMV right before going to Best Buy

You could check the first post of this thread