Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4081 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well I called about getting new coupons issues from welcome packet since the b2g1 is only get for like, 1 week and the b2g1 on pre-owned for 2 since last week there was a b2g1. Was told basically that I have to use them before they expire but if I don't they "should" be able to issue me new ones.

#4082 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

I just beat the campaign for :ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighters and will return it to Redbox tonight. If you don't care about multiplayer, this is easily a one day rental. If you preordered it and haven't picked it up yet, you may want to cancel.

I liked the variety of the missions, and the characters (Preacher, Voodoo, Stump, Dusty, etc.) all make a return from the first game. I also like the enemies don't magically keep spawning unless you move past a certain spot on the ground (looking at you COD: World at War).

The environment has dynamic destruction and gives a good sense of your bullets actually making an impact. The sound, weapon recoil, and bullet drop physics are nice touches as well.

Great campaign to play through one time, but not worth $60 at all in my opinion.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#4083 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I just beat the campaign for :ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighters and will return it to Redbox tonight. If you don't care about multiplayer, this is easily a one day rental. If you preordered it and haven't picked it up yet, you may want to cancel.

I liked the variety of the missions, and the characters (Preacher, Voodoo, Stump, Dusty, etc.) all make a return from the first game. I also like the enemies don't magically keep spawning unless you move past a certain spot on the ground (looking at you COD: World at War).

The environment has dynamic destruction and gives a good sense of your bullets actually making an impact. The sound, weapon recoil, and bullet drop physics are nice touches as well.

Great campaign to play through one time, but not worth $60 at all in my opinion.

So approximately a 6 hour single player campaign?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4084 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Quick question: if I preordered AC3, how can I price match kmart's deal without fucking up my $20 gift card?

#4085 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Quick question: if I preordered AC3, how can I price match kmart's deal without fucking up my $20 gift card?

Just make sure to tell the employee to process the transaction as a price match and to not do it as a return/rebuy or it will mess up the $20 RWZ promotion they are currently running. That's what I always say beforehand, it will also say "Price Match" on the receipt they give you if done correctly.

#4086 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Price Matching at the time of purchased worked for me with RE6 and Frys.

Kind of hoping I can find a deal on WWE 13 for next week too as I'd like to get it from BB along with AC3.

#4087 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Just make sure to tell the employee to process the transaction as a price match and to not do it as a return/rebuy or it will mess up the $20 RWZ promotion they are currently running. That's what I always say beforehand, it will also say "Price Match" on the receipt they give you if done correctly.

Ah, I see. Can they refuse to process it as a price match for any reason? Also, should I bother trying all this at the midnight launch?

#4088 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

So approximately a 6 hour single player campaign?

Yeah. I play games really slowly so I could probably have beaten it sooner than the two days it took me to beat it. I just read the Destructoid review where it gets absolutely trashed, and I think he stopped reviewing the game by its own merits and just wanted to send a message to EA. It doesn't deserve a 5/10 in my book, I'd say a solid 7/10.

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#4089 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Ah, I see. Can they refuse to process it as a price match for any reason? Also, should I bother trying all this at the midnight launch?

No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing. As for price matching at midnight I personally would wait until the next day but it shouldn't be a problem if you decided to do it right there and then.

#4090 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Playing my redbox rental now as well. I'll post my time if i can look it up on a menu. The cut scenes when they are in casual clothes are probably the best looking humans in a gage I've ever seen though!!! Simply amazing

#4091 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Borderlands 2 is still getting a successful $49.99 PM at BBY correct?
Posted Image

#4092 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing. As for price matching at midnight I personally would wait until the next day but it shouldn't be a problem if you decided to do it right there and then.

Awesome. Thanks, mah man!!

#4093 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

No, the only way to get this messed up is if you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing..

well that describes about every employee at my bestbuy

#4094 Wallshay

Wallshay

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Quick Question. I just found out that my BB isn't doing a midnight release for Halo 4, and I already have it pre-ordered there. I really want to get it at midnight, but I really want that $20 BB credit also. So could I pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight, then return the BB copy to Walmart with the receipt?

#4095 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Quick Question. I just found out that my BB isn't doing a midnight release for Halo 4, and I already have it pre-ordered there. I really want to get it at midnight, but I really want that $20 BB credit also. So could I pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight, then return the BB copy to Walmart with the receipt?

If the UPCs are the same then yes.

#4096 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

well that describes about every employee at my bestbuy

So true.

#4097 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Is it possible to use the reward certs in-store without being able to print them?

#4098 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Is it possible to use the reward certs in-store without being able to print them?

Yes. I have had them scan the bar code off my phone. It confused them when I did it, but it worked.
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#4099 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

It's been a while since I've tried..but can RZ certs be used towards a BBY gift card to use on a Visa prepaid in-store? Or better yet, the Visa prepaid itself?

I've got about $85 on GCs and a $45 cert that I would like to just put on a Visa.
Posted Image

#4100 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

What lawsuit did they lose recently?

They were calling reward zone customers telling them to update their reward zone and the 9 district said this violated telemarketer do not call rules. Best Buy was claiming they had the right to call....

http://consumerist.c...ing-reguations/
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4101 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Just a heads up as I'm in the same situation as you, I think the Walmart copies are going to have a "only at walmart" thing on them since they come with a doritos/dew double exp code, so not sure if that will work. I decided to buy a second copy then sell it on launch for like a 10 buck loss since I want to play it at midnight plus I'll get more pre-order bonuses this way.
Posted Image

#4102 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Yeah. I play games really slowly so I could probably have beaten it sooner than the two days it took me to beat it. I just read the Destructoid review where it gets absolutely trashed, and I think he stopped reviewing the game by its own merits and just wanted to send a message to EA. It doesn't deserve a 5/10 in my book, I'd say a solid 7/10.

I would say 6/10, mainly because MP is not complete crap but far from good. SP was great finished it shortly after jumping on earlier today and played a crap ton of MP, all ready to trade it back into BB, it also comes with a free trial to the MP so redbox would be great for this game.

#4103 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

if you have a different bestbuy near you that's doing a midnight release you could always go there to pick it up.. i'm sure they will have plenty of copies

#4104 midisam775

midisam775

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Anyone know why Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 doesn't show this "Special Offers:
$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" when you look at the product on bestbuy.com? It shows this for other eligible products like Halo 4 , etc. Thanks.

#4105 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Anyone know why Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 doesn't show this "Special Offers:
$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" when you look at the product on bestbuy.com? It shows this for other eligible products like Halo 4 , etc. Thanks.

Activision doesn't like Day 1 deals on their games, especially Call of Duty titles.

#4106 midisam775

midisam775

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Activision doesn't like Day 1 deals on their games, especially Call of Duty titles.

Wait, so it's not eligible? I wonder why bestbuy.com has it on the list of eligible titles then. Here. Last one on the list.

#4107 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

They don't like Day 1 deals so they requested it not to be shown on the product page. It still qualifies though.

#4108 midisam775

midisam775

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

They don't like Day 1 deals so they requested it not to be shown on the product page. It still qualifies though.

Awesome, thanks. That clears it up.

#4109 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

They were calling reward zone customers telling them to update their reward zone and the 9 district said this violated telemarketer do not call rules. Best Buy was claiming they had the right to call....

http://consumerist.c...ing-reguations/

What a joke, it's only one guy. Cash grab on his part.

#4110 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just got an email stating my AC3 steelbook shipped. I'm still wondering if I wanna head to the midnight release for my in-store pickup for a chance at that limited edition coin.