Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4111 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

I have over $70 in rewards right now. I plan on getting AC3, Blops 2, and Halo 4. When you purchase a game using a reward certificate is that going to affect price matching later on? I'm guessing I should spread out the rewards instead of using $60 on one game.What do you guys suggest doing?

#4112 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I have over $70 in rewards right now. I plan on getting AC3, Blops 2, and Halo 4. When you purchase a game using a reward certificate is that going to affect price matching later on? I'm guessing I should spread out the rewards instead of using $60 on one game.What do you guys suggest doing?

Personally, I'm not using my certs until BF, just to be safe. I know some people have said that it doesn't affect anything but with BB you never know.

#4113 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Paying with a BB gift card won't prevent me from PMing either, right?

#4114 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Definitely not--gift cards are like cash, so if you're refused a PM because you paid with a GC, that's wrong.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4115 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Nope but... You might run into an issue like i just did. I just PM Madden 13 to k-mart to get $15 back. I couldn't check the order page (bb site wasnt working) to see how i paid. I paid 100% GC plus RZ credit. The CC rep processed my PM and ended up crediting some random GC i no longer have. Case is getting escalated so they will prob just issue me a new one. No biggie since BB is the only place that allows this but FYI.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#4116 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Nope but... You might run into an issue like i just did. I just PM Madden 13 to k-mart to get $15 back. I couldn't check the order page (bb site wasnt working) to see how i paid. I paid 100% GC plus RZ credit. The CC rep processed my PM and ended up crediting some random GC i no longer have. Case is getting escalated so they will prob just issue me a new one. No biggie since BB is the only place that allows this but FYI.

I argue that this is the #1 reason you should get a Pitch-In Card to consolidate all of your gift card credit. That way you have it all in one place and if/when you PM, you know that the difference will go right back on that card.

The only potential drawback is you have to be extra, extra careful not to lose or misplace the PIC.

On a side note, this isn't technically related to this promotion, but I just received the preorder code to play the Industrial Revolution game associated with Bioshock Infinite, and this was a preorder I made nearly half a year ago. Irrational Games said that those who preordered before the bonus was announced would have to cancel and resubmit their preorder, but apparently that isn't necessarily the case. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#4117 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Glad you brought that up because I am fairly sure you will only get the PM based on what your RZ certs brought the price down to. Think I'll use my $20 cert from RE6 on Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 which almost certainly won't drop until after the PM period is over.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4118 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Glad you brought that up because I am fairly sure you will only get the PM based on what your RZ certs brought the price down to. Think I'll use my $20 cert from RE6 on Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 which almost certainly won't drop until after the PM period is over.

Whenever I've PM'd something I used RZ for, I got the points back to the extent that they were the final method of payment for the price difference. One time they did work like a reduction in price, so I had to get an override but ended up getting cash back, so prety sweet. I've heard the "official" rule is that there's a hierarchy where you first get cash back, then gift cards, then RZ points. I don't know how that's triggered, etc. Your best bet would be to use the RZ Certs on something you don't plan on returning/PMing etc so you can get rid of them.

#4119 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

RZ Certificates do NOT affect price matching. They are as good as cash/gift card in the eyes of Best Buy. They act as a coupon to an extent, but because you have to spend money or buy items to get them it will not work against a price match. On a receipt it clearly shows you used a RZ certificate. If any store denies a price match due to you using a certificate they are making stuff up.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4120 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I argue that this is the #1 reason you should get a Pitch-In Card to consolidate all of your gift card credit. That way you have it all in one place and if/when you PM, you know that the difference will go right back on that card.

They use to give me one of these cards every time I traded in games. After I used them, I just threw them away. I never bothered to actually read what the difference was between it and a standard GC. They don't give these to me anymore and they just add the amount on whatever gift card happens to be at their register. My wallet is getting so fat with all the separate GCs, so I need to look into this.

When you trade-in games, do you tell them to just add it to your Pitch-In card (like GS's Powerup Card)? With all the screw-ups other people seem to experience with BB, I'd be kinda nervous to do it that way and not get credited the correct amount.

#4121 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

They use to give me one of these cards every time I traded in games. After I used them, I just threw them away. I never bothered to actually read what the difference was between it and a standard GC. They don't give these to me anymore and they just add the amount on whatever gift card happens to be at their register. My wallet is getting so fat with all the separate GCs, so I need to look into this.

When you trade-in games, do you tell them to just add it to your Pitch-In card (like GS's Powerup Card)? With all the screw-ups other people seem to experience with BB, I'd be kinda nervous to do it that way and not get credited the correct amount.

No it doesn't work like that. They still have to put it on a normal gift card. But once you get home you can add it to your own pitch-in card. The added bonus is you also earn RZ points for that.

So let's say you trade in $100 (pre-bonus) worth of games. You'll get 200 points for the trade in and 100 points for the pitch in contribution, so 300 points total. So just to take it one step further, if the 100% is going on and you are GCU you would get $210 in credit and 310 points ($5 and 60 points left over), so free $5.

Plus I think the trade in counts toward premiere silver and so does the pitch-in contribution. So you just got $200 toward premiere silver as well.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4122 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Saix_XIII has it right:

No it doesn't work like that. They still have to put it on a normal gift card. But once you get home you can add it to your own pitch-in card. The added bonus is you also earn RZ points for that.

So let's say you trade in $100 (pre-bonus) worth of games. You'll get 200 points for the trade in and 100 points for the pitch in contribution, so 300 points total. So just to take it one step further, if the 100% is going on and you are GCU you would get $210 in credit and 310 points ($5 and 60 points left over), so free $5.

Plus I think the trade in counts toward premiere silver and so does the pitch-in contribution. So you just got $200 toward premiere silver as well.

Unfortunately, you can't get the Pitch-In Card in-store anymore; you're restricted to requesting one online at Bestbuy.com to be mailed to you.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4123 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I had no idea. I don't know how many of those cards I threw in the trash and how many points I probably missed out on from giftcards I have already used. I just ordered one though. I'll get it 7-10 days.

#4124 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

Can I put my reward zone certs on the pitch-in card also? Like a $20 certificate on the card to add to whatever else is on it? I have the page to request a card open in another tab right now lol.

#4125 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Ive never even heard of a pitch in card before and I do tons of trading in at BB
Posted Image

#4126 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Can I put my reward zone certs on the pitch-in card also? Like a $20 certificate on the card to add to whatever else is on it? I have the page to request a card open in another tab right now lol.

As far as I am aware you cannot. But to add a follow-up question, can you use a reward certificate to buy a Best Buy gift card? IF that works then you can add said gift card to your pitch-in card.

Ive never even heard of a pitch in card before and I do tons of trading in at BB

Most employees do not share information you don't specifically ask about.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#4127 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

What a joke, it's only one guy. Cash grab on his part.

Its blatantly a cash grab

But the 9th circus Court of appeals is the most liberal douchebag federal court on the planet and It was just another way for them to stick it to a major corporate entity, which they love doing
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4128 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

so if I pre-order Halo 4 at Best Buy and I show up at midnight and they have the LE available would I be able to pay the difference or get my pre-order transferred to the LE and still get the $20?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#4129 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Most employees don't know what they are or how they work (every time I use mine in store I have to tell them how to ring it up, that it's reusable so I need it back, etc.), but to be fair, it doesn't seem like many people use them anyway. I started using one because I get a lot of eGift Cards, and it's a lot more convenient to have them all in one place.

#4130 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'm about half way through MOH campaign and while its been pretty good, multiplayer isn't so much. Looks horrid compared to single and just plays wierd.
Might be trading it in next week. Theres no way for EA to dethrone COD with this shit. Will probably go back to BF3 for my multiplayer fix until Blops 2

I mean it looks like I'm playing Counter Strike, this looks like a early Xbox game in multiplayer. I almost keep checking to make sure I am even playing the same game.

Edited by kinney_bmx, 26 October 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#4131 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

is there any store selling resident evil 6 cheaper for price match?

#4132 juzzak1dd

juzzak1dd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Does this apply to "Collector's" or "Limited" edition of games? Trying to pick up AC3 limited and BO2 Hardened

#4133 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Does this apply to "Collector's" or "Limited" edition of games? Trying to pick up AC3 limited and BO2 Hardened

Fourth question down on the first post.

Spoiler

#4134 juzzak1dd

juzzak1dd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Fourth question down on the first post.

Spoiler

Sorry, just read that and thank you.

#4135 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

I know this probably isn't the best way to check but how do I go about adding my gift cards to my pitch in card. I just received it today in the mail and would like to consolidate about $350 in GC onto it.

#4136 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

I know this probably isn't the best way to check but how do I go about adding my gift cards to my pitch in card. I just received it today in the mail and would like to consolidate about $350 in GC onto it.

Bestbuy.com -> My Account -> Pitch In Card: View Account Summary (lower right) -> (leftmost drop-down tab) Manage Your Lists: List: My Pitch In Card -> Enter amount in box and click "Contribute".

Occasionally the amount you input gets rewritten after you click "Contribute" and are taken to your "shopping cart"; just retype the amount and click "Update" and you should be good to go. Just check out like you would if you were buying something and use the gift cards you want to consolidate onto the Pitch In Card as your payment method.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4137 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Sorry, but what is a pitch in card?

#4138 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Sorry, but what is a pitch in card?

https://www-ssl.best...17226&type=page

Short answer: Reloadable gift card you can use to consolidate Best Buy gift cards.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4139 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Activate your card, once you do go to [My Account] top right
Click [View Account Summary] under Pitch In
Under [Your Manage List]
Click [List: Pitch In Card]
Then you contribute however you want into your card.

Oh whoops, should have refreshed first ><"

#4140 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Bestbuy.com -> My Account -> Pitch In Card: View Account Summary (lower right) -> (leftmost drop-down tab) Manage Your Lists: List: My Pitch In Card -> Enter amount in box and click "Contribute".

Occasionally the amount you input gets rewritten after you click "Contribute" and are taken to your "shopping cart"; just retype the amount and click "Update" and you should be good to go. Just check out like you would if you were buying something and use the gift cards you want to consolidate onto the Pitch In Card as your payment method.

Thanks man, did a test with one of my cards. Hasn't shown up yet in my order history but the balance on the gift card is gone. So i shall see if I did it right. Otherwise might have to contact the personal shopper thing.