Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4141 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

https://www-ssl.best...17226&type=page

Short answer: Reloadable gift card you can use to consolidate Best Buy gift cards.

Thanks.saw the video. So it's a basic gift card with max $2000 limit, but has wish list features, no exp date, and no fee. Kind of cool. hate carrying 4+ gift cards

#4142 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Thanks man, did a test with one of my cards. Hasn't shown up yet in my order history but the balance on the gift card is gone. So i shall see if I did it right. Otherwise might have to contact the personal shopper thing.

Patience. By morning you should receive an email confirming your "order" and two more confirming the value added to the Pitch In Card (the first titled "A friend added to your Pitch In Card", the second "Pitch In Card contribution complete"). It usually isn't immediate.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4143 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Patience. By morning you should receive an email confirming your "order" and two more confirming the value added to the Pitch In Card (the first titled "A friend added to your Pitch In Card", the second "Pitch In Card contribution complete"). It usually isn't immediate.

This hasn't been my experience. If they don't go through in <5 minutes, something is wrong.

#4144 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

This hasn't been my experience. If they don't go through in <5 minutes, something is wrong.

No, just no.

#4145 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Definitely not the case--once it took several hours to receive confirmation emails for adding to my Pitch In Card. Now, if you don't get any notice within 24 hours after the transaction...then yes, something might be wrong.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

#4146 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Definitely not the case--once it took several hours to receive confirmation emails for adding to my Pitch In Card. Now, if you don't get any notice within 24 hours after the transaction...then yes, something might be wrong.

This is true, for me at least.

#4147 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Here's what we have so far for AC3 week one PMs goes:
$47.99at Toys R Us (doorbuster sale 11/2-11/3)
$49.99 at K-Mart w/ $10 gaming coupon (from what I've read BB PMing the $10 coupon is YMMV?)
$49.99 at Frys

$48/$50 with $20 in RZ certificates seems like a great incentive to pick up AC3 as opposed to waiting till Black Friday.

#4148 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

Anybody that normally goes to best buys midnight releases know if they get pretty filled up? I went to the midnight release for borderlands at best buy and I showed up at like 11:45 and I was literally 3rd in line with like 2 other ppl behind me when I left. I ask because I really want that assassins creed coin but do not want to wait in the cold for it or wait longer than an hour just to get it.

#4149 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Anybody that normally goes to best buys midnight releases know if they get pretty filled up? I went to the midnight release for borderlands at best buy and I showed up at like 11:45 and I was literally 3rd in line with like 2 other ppl behind me when I left. I ask because I really want that assassins creed coin but do not want to wait in the cold for it or wait longer than an hour just to get it.

My local one in SF had like 8-10 people for gears of war 3. You can probably go to your store at like 11:45ish and be done and out the door by like 12:15-12:30ish depending on how fast/slow they do it

also, do I just need to get a copy of the ad to PM at BB? I've never actually done it before....

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#4150 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Whenever I've PM'd something I used RZ for, I got the points back to the extent that they were the final method of payment for the price difference. One time they did work like a reduction in price, so I had to get an override but ended up getting cash back, so prety sweet. I've heard the "official" rule is that there's a hierarchy where you first get cash back, then gift cards, then RZ points. I don't know how that's triggered, etc. Your best bet would be to use the RZ Certs on something you don't plan on returning/PMing etc so you can get rid of them.

RZ Certificates do NOT affect price matching. They are as good as cash/gift card in the eyes of Best Buy. They act as a coupon to an extent, but because you have to spend money or buy items to get them it will not work against a price match. On a receipt it clearly shows you used a RZ certificate. If any store denies a price match due to you using a certificate they are making stuff up.

Ok, as long as I would get the RZ points back, I'd be happy. Guess I've been living under a false assumption all this time. :D

Here's what we have so far for AC3 week one PMs goes:
$47.99at Toys R Us (doorbuster sale 11/2-11/3)
$49.99 at K-Mart w/ $10 gaming coupon (from what I've read BB PMing the $10 coupon is YMMV?)
$49.99 at Frys

$48/$50 with $20 in RZ certificates seems like a great incentive to pick up AC3 as opposed to waiting till Black Friday.

Thought about going to Target for AC3 as part of B2G1 but I might end up going with Best Buy after seeing all these PM opportunities. The only other game I really wanted as part of the B2G1 was Most Wanted and I have that pre-ordered from Newegg for $47.99.

Edited by Killbomb, 26 October 2012 - 09:12 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4151 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

also, do I just need to get a copy of the ad to PM at BB? I've never actually done it before....

I don't think you need an ad, but it helps significantly with the PMing process; otherwise the employee will have to look for the sale online and/or call the store in question to confirm the sale price.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4152 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

No, just no.

Actually I believe the time increases the more you add to the card. The first transaction is about 3 minutes. Every other transaction adds about 2 minutes for it to process: 3 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins, etc. This is an approximation.

#4153 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

w00t!
My $20 bonus is pending from my MoH (preorder), Forza H LE (preorder) and Dishonored purchase from Tuesday! It was a convoluted process but I was able to use my $20 bonus for buying Borderlands 2, use the B2G1 deal, snag the Forza preorder DLC and (apparently) the $20 bonus for MoH.

As much as I dislike GS, at least the pickup process is fast.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#4154 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

w00t!
My $20 bonus is pending from my MoH (preorder), Forza H LE (preorder) and Dishonored purchase from Tuesday! It was a convoluted process but I was able to use my $20 bonus for buying Borderlands 2, use the B2G1 deal, snag the Forza preorder DLC and (apparently) the $20 bonus for MoH.

As much as I dislike GS, at least the pickup process is fast.

You got the B2G1 to work on the LE of Forza?

#4155 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

MW3 was by far the biggest in Columbus, OH. There was over 100+ people that came through the doors according to the gaming supervisor who was running it.

Gears 3 had 35-40 at midnight and a few more came slightly after try let us in. By far this was the best swag giveaway.

AC:R/SR3/Rayman was pretty dead.

Didn't make it for Skyrim, but apparently there was 3-5 people fully dressed in armor. Heard it was a good turn out.

I Forget the rest, but to sum up; its highly dependent on the area/game.

#4156 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Actually I believe the time increases the more you add to the card. The first transaction is about 3 minutes. Every other transaction adds about 2 minutes for it to process: 3 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins, etc. This is an approximation.

I don't think that's how it works since I once had a transaction take a few hours to process, but the next one took less than 10 minutes to do so. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#4157 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

For me, its always seemed to be the higher the $ amount, the longer it takes.

#4158 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

You got the B2G1 to work on the LE of Forza?

I did as well, as long as all the games are $59.99 or above and the free game is $59.99 your all good.

#4159 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I did as well, as long as all the games are $59.99 or above and the free game is $59.99 your all good.

Except that the b2g1 free specifically states that its for games $59.99 or LESS...

#4160 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Except that the b2g1 free specifically states that its for games $59.99 or LESS...

I don't think their going to restrict the deal and not let you pay more. Pretty much means free game has to be 59.99 or less.

#4161 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't think their going to restrict the deal and not let you pay more. Pretty much means free game has to be 59.99 or less.

Except that it says "Buy two games priced $59.99 or less and get one free"...

http://www.bestbuy.c...id=abcat0700000

It's SUPPOSED to be $59.99 or less and all signage indicates this. I believe the system allows any price ,BUT saying it "shouldn't be a problem" is far from the truth. If the employee knows anything (like literacy) and/or cares its a no go.

Edited by Jimmienoman, 26 October 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#4162 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

got my dishonored points - 2wks - not horrible.

just in time for ass 3

#4163 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

MW3 was by far the biggest in Columbus, OH. There was over 100+ people that came through the doors according to the gaming supervisor who was running it.

Gears 3 had 35-40 at midnight and a few more came slightly after try let us in. By far this was the best swag giveaway.

AC:R/SR3/Rayman was pretty dead.

Didn't make it for Skyrim, but apparently there was 3-5 people fully dressed in armor. Heard it was a good turn out.

I Forget the rest, but to sum up; its highly dependent on the area/game.

Thanks for the reply, there's a bunch of thugs and gangstas in my area so maybe there won't be a big line for AC3, especially with Halo and COD coming out in the 2 weeks after AC3, hopefully most people won't want to line up for all 3 games

#4164 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I woul love to get AC3 using my credit, especially to nab those promo points, but I never finished Brotherhood, and never even purchased Revelations.

I feel so out of the loop... I don't think it's worth all the re-investing of my time, especially with BLOPS 2 right around the corner.
Posted Image

#4165 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just Became A Gamer's Club Unlocked Member, Woohoo Just In Time For AC3

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Okami, Destiny

:ps4: - Middle Earth, Infamous: Second Son

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#4166 Kablasia

Kablasia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Is it too late to pre-order ACIII or halo 4? I always tell myself I'm not going to buy a game on day one, but I tend to do it anyways...

#4167 cficare

cficare

Respek Knuckles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Is it too late to pre-order ACIII or halo 4? I always tell myself I'm not going to buy a game on day one, but I tend to do it anyways...

You should be good on both. Rules for Halo 4 states Saturday prior, I'd expect the same for Ass 3, but I've heard of them being taken up until the night before.

#4168 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

I love how we've gotten to the point of calling AC3 Ass 3. xD

#4169 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

No, not too late. Believe you can still preorder ACIII through Monday but I'd get in by Sunday if you can. And then same thing for Halo but you have another week as that doesn't come out until 11/6.

With the get $20 deal for preorder and purchase for Unlocked members, not a bad deal to get these ones day one.

#4170 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

I woul love to get AC3 using my credit, especially to nab those promo points, but I never finished Brotherhood, and never even purchased Revelations.

I feel so out of the loop... I don't think it's worth all the re-investing of my time, especially with BLOPS 2 right around the corner.

Can hear what you are saying about AC series, I was never drawn in to those stories and characters. BUT this one is different. It is in the US during the Revolutionary War so really should pull in more Americans from a content standpoint. If you haven't seen the commercials you haven't been watching TV as they are everywhere. :)

Understand, only so much time to game but I really think this one is worth buying and very different from the other AC games.