Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4171 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Can hear what you are saying about AC series, I was never drawn in to those stories and characters. BUT this one is different. It is in the US during the Revolutionary War so really should pull in more Americans from a content standpoint. If you haven't seen the commercials you haven't been watching TV as they are everywhere. :)

Understand, only so much time to game but I really think this one is worth buying and very different from the other AC games.

Yeah and with the preorder bonuses and price match opportunities, you'll probably end up getting this game cheaper now than if you wait for BF. unless you're really not a big fan of the series, then I would just wait it out.

#4172 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

No, not too late. Believe you can still preorder ACIII through Monday but I'd get in by Sunday if you can. And then same thing for Halo but you have another week as that doesn't come out until 11/6.

With the get $20 deal for preorder and purchase for Unlocked members, not a bad deal to get these ones day one.

I just called my local BB and they told me i can't preorder the standard AC3 on PS3 anymore but i can on the 360. I've had the 360 version preordered for awhile now but wanted to switch platforms for the ps3 exclusive missions and content that you get for the Vita version.

He said i can come in on launch day and snag the PS3 version off the shelf maybe but i couldn't get the PS3 DLC.

Ugh.

#4173 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I just called my local BB and they told me i can't preorder the standard AC3 on PS3 anymore but i can on the 360. I've had the 360 version preordered for awhile now but wanted to switch platforms for the ps3 exclusive missions and content that you get for the Vita version.

He said i can come in on launch day and snag the PS3 version off the shelf maybe but i couldn't get the PS3 DLC.

Ugh.

The card is universal isn't it? The one I grabbed has a barcode for every platform on the back.

#4174 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Right but i put the $5 deposit down specifically on the 360 version i believe..?

#4175 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Right but i put the $5 deposit down specifically on the 360 version i believe..?

So, I did this exact thing today: take the card and receipt to cust service, and they should refund the $5 and scan the PS3 barcode on the back. I did this today with no issues.

#4176 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

No, just no.

Definitely not the case--once it took several hours to receive confirmation emails for adding to my Pitch In Card. Now, if you don't get any notice within 24 hours after the transaction...then yes, something might be wrong.

Actually I believe the time increases the more you add to the card. The first transaction is about 3 minutes. Every other transaction adds about 2 minutes for it to process: 3 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins, etc. This is an approximation.

I don't think that's how it works since I once had a transaction take a few hours to process, but the next one took less than 10 minutes to do so. :???:

I can only relay my experience. I've done 20+ pic contributions, usually in bunches of 3-5 gcs, one at a time, of varying amounts. I've only had 2 take longer than 5 minutes to process from the time I placed the order. They were in process for over 5 weeks before I decided to cancel and replace those orders and they were completed in under 5 minutes. Besides, it shouldn't take a few hours to buy a gift card so there's no reason it should take that long for a reloadable one.

#4177 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

When I go pick up AC 3, if I use, lets says $20 in rewards, will it say on the receipt I paid $39.99 for the game and underneath that saying I used $20 in rewards? I feel like they might give me a problem when I try to match TRUs price or any other price matches. I just don't want to end up with all this BB credit. I rather use it on the games I am getting the next couple of weeks, but I do not want trouble PMing. I know one person said it should be no issue, can anyone else confirm this. Thanks.

#4178 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

When I go pick up AC 3, if I use, lets says $20 in rewards, will it say on the receipt I paid $39.99 for the game and underneath that saying I used $20 in rewards? I feel like they might give me a problem when I try to match TRUs price or any other price matches. I just don't want to end up with all this BB credit. I rather use it on the games I am getting the next couple of weeks, but I do not want trouble PMing. I know one person said it should be no issue, can anyone else confirm this. Thanks.

Nope. It will show the game for $59.99 then it will show under that RZ cert ($20) and then the final price.

It should NOT affect you PMing at all.

#4179 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Ok, I have a buy 2 get 1 free for pre-owned from the welcome back. I know I can't apply it on line but could I order 3 games, have it shipped to store, then return them after I back them up and rebuy them with my coupon or would that be something that is YMMV?

#4180 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Are we suppose to get the MoH dlc via email or is it inside the game case?

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#4181 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Are we suppose to get the MoH dlc via email or is it inside the game case?

The map pack is in all limited editions, the online pass includes it, and bf4 beta

#4182 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Ok, I have a buy 2 get 1 free for pre-owned from the welcome back. I know I can't apply it on line but could I order 3 games, have it shipped to store, then return them after I back them up and rebuy them with my coupon or would that be something that is YMMV?

You can but don't actually pick up the items you ordered online.

There is a 2 hour (I think?) wait time after you pick up an online order so you can't return or exchange it for a couple of hours.

Instead of wasting a few hours, just go up to the counter tell them you want to cancel the pick -up order and rering it up in-store. They'll either give you the item to ring at the nearest cash register or rering it up then and there, depending on how busy they are.

If they bother asking why (most of the time they wont), you can either tell them the truth (you want to use the coupon) or tell them you wanted to change payments on the order (use GC instead of Credit Card you had on file).

#4183 247

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

^ last time I had to return/rebuy they said I had to wait 24 hours.

#4184 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

The map pack is in all limited editions, the online pass includes it, and bf4 beta

Thanks for the quick answer!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#4185 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

it's been 4 days and my 1,000 MoH points aren't pending.. did the cashier do it wrong?

#4186 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

^ last time I had to return/rebuy they said I had to wait 24 hours.

They will tell you that, but I usually go to the nearby Costco, have lunch, and it's ready for return rebuy.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4187 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I PO'd AC3 months before I joined Unlocked. Am I still eligible for the $20 RZ? Or should I redo it?

#4188 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

it's been 4 days and my 1,000 MoH points aren't pending.. did the cashier do it wrong?

It can take up to 30 days. If you pre-ordered the game are are RZGCU and it doesn't show up in 30 days, contact Customer Care via phone.

#4189 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

How does BB handle pre order bonuses? When I pre order online they were sending me an email. How will it work if I pre order and purchase in store?

#4190 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

How does BB handle pre order bonuses? When I pre order online they were sending me an email. How will it work if I pre order and purchase in store?

It should print on the receipt when you pick up the game. And a few hours later you should also get an e-mail later with the same code on it that printed on the receipt.

p.s.

My MOH points are already pending on my account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#4191 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I PO'd AC3 months before I joined Unlocked. Am I still eligible for the $20 RZ? Or should I redo it?

You'll be fine. You just need to be unlocked when you pick up your game or join on the same receipt.

#4192 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yes.

It's addressed in the first question of the FAQ's in the OP.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#4193 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

So the weirdest thing happened today...

Let me start off by saying I did my retun rebuy the other day an got all my money and gift cards refunded. And yes, because Dishonored was a promo game, and I had already issued the cert, they took points back and my account went into the negative. That's cool. I came to terms with that because I wanted the $60 back anyways.

Well this morning I just check my account and they credited me 2250 points. Odd because that was the last amount I issued into a cert before they took the refunded games points off. the difference from my negative point balance left me 1,178-ish points available to use.

Huh..
Posted Image

#4194 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Question: PMing to TRU on Nov 2nd. Since I already bought the game, wouldn't the employee have to do a return and rebuy? And wouldn't that void the $20 dollar GC because one technically didn't preorder? Or does the employee just change the price on the original transaction and hand you back a giftcard or something?

#4195 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

The second one. But they'll refund you the amount in the currency you paid, so either credit card, cash, store credit/gift card or RZ Cert.

#4196 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

The second one. But they'll refund you the amount in the currency you paid, so either credit card, cash, store credit/gift card or RZ Cert.

Alright cool. Thanks.

#4197 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

So can i get 2 AC3 and a NFS by pming the target deal and them pm both ac's with the tru or frys deal? Get them to scan the 2 AC first with NFS being the free game and then get 3 games for a 100 bucks?

#4198 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

So to price match the Kmart deal for assassins creed 3 should I do it at he register when I pick up the game or at customer service desk after I already pay? I'll prolly just try it at the register since I never had a problem when I did a pm yet but just wanted ur guys opinion.

#4199 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I PMed RE6 when I picked it up and my points posted.

#4200 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

So can i get 2 AC3 and a NFS by pming the target deal and them pm both ac's with the tru or frys deal? Get them to scan the 2 AC first with NFS being the free game and then get 3 games for a 100 bucks?

Oh yeah that would make it real sweet if I got NFC pre ordered also that would prolly make it a pain with trying to price match with ac3 though so that was one of the ones I wanted to wait till bf for so ill see...