Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4351 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Any east coasters waiting out in line for the midnight opening? Can we get a report on how large the crowds are?

All best buys and gamestops are closed in the east coast.
http://forums.bestbu...andy/m-p/603604
https://www.facebook...519728774713720

Edit: Litepink just posted the upcoming gamestop AD, RE6 will be $49.99. PM for those who picked it up from BB earlier this month.

#4352 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

you do realize that nearly the entire east coast is being hit by Sandy right? Several GS's cancelled midnight launches

Yes, I guess I should have said eastern time zones....

#4353 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

All best buys and gamestops are closed in the east coast.

To those in the path of Hurricane Sandy, we hope you and your family and friends are safe.

As a precaution for our employees and customers, SOME Best Buy stores are temporarily closed

#4354 shiro13

shiro13

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Still looking for an answer to this, but does anyone know if you can use RewardZone certificates to buy a Best Buy gift card? Basically converting it into a gift card.

I tried it when I got the $100 from last year's deal and it worked. I had to pay $5 to activate it or something.

#4355 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

Can you do B2G1 on pre-orders? And does BBY PM B2G1?
And what are the chances of trying to get AC3 for $40? If anyone posts successfully I will head out tomorrow. I didn't pre-order, but can live without the bonuses.

nihilence.png

#4356 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

Same here, I literally just finished revelations a few minutes ago. The ending was sort of like "wtf just happened?" And made me eager to get my hands on AC3

Heh pretty much my reaction. I was going to wait for AC3 to eventually drop to $10, the same price I picked up Revelations for but nope. That ending pissed me off and now I need to know what happens.:hot:
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#4357 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

I started printing out certificates in anticipation of ACIII tomorrow and my GF didn't have the points pending from BL2 on her account. I was like ahhhh wtf!? Then i realized that the rep never asked us to sign my GF up for unlocked status when we preordered BL2 and we forgot to ask. So we lost out on $20 cert for her buying BL2. Crap!

My GF is still planning on getting Halo 4 and FC3 for co-op though... suppose its still worth it.

#4358 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Heh pretty much my reaction. I was going to wait for AC3 to eventually drop to $10, the same price I picked up Revelations for but nope. That ending pissed me off and now I need to know what happens.:hot:

I dont think you want to know....

Its worse than ME3
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4359 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

I was able to pre-order assassins creed online. I am excited to pick this up. I loved the first one.

#4360 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

I noticed AC3 is $49.99 at Kmart this week and for one day on Tuesday at TRU. Would I be able to pricematch one of those deals and also get the $20 RZ credit at Best Buy?

#4361 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

I noticed AC3 is $49.99 at Kmart this week and for one day on Tuesday at TRU. Would I be able to pricematch one of those deals and also get the $20 RZ credit at Best Buy?

Yes.

#4362 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Its worse than ME3

I spoiled it for myself since I wasn't able to hit a BB today, yeah I'm definitely waiting till it hits under $15 too.

#4363 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Its worse than ME3

I thought ME3's ending was ok, but loved the entire game up to that point and honestly I didn't care too much since I had so much fun with the rest of the game. If AC3 is the same way, I won't have any regrets. Besides, I intend to play and finish it quickly and trade it in while the value is still high to get most of my money back.
Currently playing:

#4364 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Yes.

Great, but how will it work exactly? I don't want them to somehow cancel my pre order in the process and ring it up as a new purchase.

#4365 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Great, but how will it work exactly? I don't want them to somehow cancel my pre order in the process and ring it up as a new purchase.

When you go up, make sure you bring it up before they start the transaction. I believe I said "Hi, I'm here to pickup Resident Evil 6. I have a preorder for it, and Fry's has it for $50 this week." When I handed them my preorder receipt, I also handed them a printout of the Fry's website for the game to make it easier too. Got those points 2 weeks after purchase too.

#4366 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I pre-ordered AC3 back in march before the current pre-order offer will I still get my $20 reward certs?

#4367 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

When you go up, make sure you bring it up before they start the transaction. I believe I said "Hi, I'm here to pickup Resident Evil 6. I have a preorder for it, and Fry's has it for $50 this week." When I handed them my preorder receipt, I also handed them a printout of the Fry's website for the game to make it easier too. Got those points 2 weeks after purchase too.

Sounds good. I just hope they do it correctly.

#4368 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

woot! got my preorder for ACIII picked up, got my preorder code already, and price matched Kmart ( after some confusion over the coupon)!

#4369 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

woot! got my preorder for ACIII picked up, got my preorder code already, and prove matched Kmart ( after some confusion over the coupon)!

Did you manage to get them to give you a gift card too?:lol:
Currently playing:

#4370 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Just got back from the midnight release in South Tampa. Was about 10 people including myself. I was able to price match Kmart (make sure to bring it up while they are getting your game) without any issue. My receipt shows exchange so hopefully nothing goes wrong with the rz cert (they assured me that nothing would). Also got one of those limited coins. From what I saw they only brought out two packs which I think contained 10 coins per package.

Spoiler

Also they did print out the DLC code on my receipt. Welp off to play.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#4371 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Did you manage to get them to give you a gift card too?:lol:

no they said they could do the price but no GC. they thought about it though. at least my store Internet price matches!

#4372 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

For those who pricematched Kmart, did you get a $10 gift card in addition to the $49.99 price?

#4373 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Ended up getting an extra preorder bonus code for PS3 if anyone wants to trade

#4374 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Don't you just love getting a new game for the PS3 at midnight and popping that baby in just to see it install and watch that line move a mm every 3 seconds...

#4375 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

I don't think every store doing one is getting an equal amount of coins. According to my gaming rep my store got more than 20 coins.

#4376 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

For those who pricematched Kmart, did you get a $10 gift card in addition to the $49.99 price?

Nope.

card.png
453976.png

#4377 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

My son Eric makes a huge point! The White Knight mumbo jumbo needs ta stop buster brown. Video Games dont drive stores and scoring the game cheap is interchanged with winning. I get the game cheaper and Im gonna hop online and play it better. Sorry brother, you gonna pay more and us Hamms is gonna play more. :D

Did you really make another profile to agree with yourself?
Posted Image

#4378 KOPITARRULEZ_11

KOPITARRULEZ_11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

is black ops still included because bestbuy.com doesn't have it listed lol

#4379 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

is black ops still included because bestbuy.com doesn't have it listed lol

Yes, if I had a dime for every time someone said this on this thread I'd have....

#4380 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Did you really make another profile to agree with yourself?

Not sure if he's trolling or someone is trolling him