Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4801 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Can the $20 bonus be used on anything in the store, or does it have to be used to purchase a video game?

Anything in store, online as well. The total has to be more than the certificate though, and does not include taxes.

#4802 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

So it can't be exactly $20? I was planning on getting a PSN or Steam card

#4803 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Equal to or greater than the cert amount. PSN and Steam should be just fine.

#4804 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

so is assassin's creed 3 going to be on sale at toysrus today for 47.99?

#4805 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Cant wait to see how all of this works out! Dont usually preorder but a $20 sounds nice!

#4806 tykoe corp

tykoe corp

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Anything in store, online as well. The total has to be more than the certificate though, and does not include taxes.

Thanks for the info!

#4807 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Possibly a dumb question, I read the OP and didnt see it answered. If I preorder online for In-Store pickup, am I charged once the game releases or when I go and actually physically pick it up at the location? I know obviously for ship to home your charged once it ships, but never did an in store pick up before. Thanks in advance.

#4808 BrokeAssFool

BrokeAssFool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

It's been 4 days. What it really Looks like is another impatient whiny kid.

Considering the posts below of the points posting and others of 1000 points pending rather than 10 pending, I hardly consider it whining. And I'm certainly no kid, jackass.

#4809 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

They sent me my ACIII code today. No calls, emails or complaining needed. I picked it up yesterday.

#4810 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

My AC3 1,000 points just posted. Just FYI for those out there still waiting.

#4811 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

My AC3 1,000 points just posted. Just FYI for those out there still waiting.

It's odd, mine say they are posted, but the 1000 isn't there. It then went to pending, and now it's gone again. Although it does show as posted.

#4812 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

It's odd, mine say they are posted, but the 1000 isn't there. It then went to pending, and now it's gone again. Although it does show as posted.

Mine shows the same and I got a random $5 holiday rz.:applause:

#4813 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just a reminder for people who picked up Assassin's Creed 3... The price is LIVE for $47.99 at Toys R Us website, it's only good for today and tomorrow! So get your Price Adjustments :)

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and mine went through flawlessly, she had to call to verify stock (thought that only appkleid pre-purchase, not post-purchase -- but whatever!), got $12 + tax re-credited!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#4814 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Got my AC3 pre-order code in the email today, so seems like they are taking care of that.
Nothing in RZ account about buying AC3 at all yet, but i did get a $5 holiday cert so that's nice.

#4815 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Already pm kmart for 49.99, should I go back for $2 more? I probably will since im going to get a new headset this weekend.

#4816 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Posted (not pending) though the certs aren't there (which I wasn't expecting anyway) Also earlier in the week I got the best BBrep ever over the phone who pricematched Kmart's deal, except he gave me the 10.00 gaming coupon in the form of ten dollars off. So I'm currently at 39.99 plus 20 dollar reward cert soon. Awesome :D

#4817 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Already pm kmart for 49.99, should I go back for $2 more?

Is $2 really worth your time and fuel?

#4818 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Especially when we inevitably have another, lower sale on this title w/in the next 30/60 days (silver). No way is $2 worth the trip now.

#4819 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

You can PM over the phone if you paid with a card. Quick and easy

#4820 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Sometimes I feel people are in a competition with each other on this site. Almost obsessive to get the lowest price possible no matter what. They see someone save a dollar less and can't be satisfied even through they were happy with the 10 off yesterday. This mentality is going to put bestbuy out of business and lose us any deals. Honestly the 20 cert should be enough.

#4821 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Already pm kmart for 49.99, should I go back for $2 more? I probably will since im going to get a new headset this weekend.

I guess if you have the time sure. But I think it's going to drop to $40 anyways so you'll have a chance to PM it down to that newer price at some point.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#4822 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I guess if you have the time sure. But I think it's going to drop to $40 anyways so you'll have a chance to PM it down to that newer price at some point.

Well if there is no line at CS when im at the store I might do it.

#4823 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Question...

Can I price match AC III and still get the $20 cert even though im still waiting for it in the mail? I'm scheduled to receive it Monday.

#4824 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Question...

Can I price match AC III and still get the $20 cert even though im still waiting for it in the mail? I'm scheduled to receive it Monday.

yes

#4825 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sometimes I feel people are in a competition with each other on this site. Almost obsessive to get the lowest price possible no matter what. They see someone save a dollar less and can't be satisfied even through they were happy with the 10 off yesterday. This mentality is going to put bestbuy out of business and lose us any deals. Honestly the 20 cert should be enough.

It's their policy and they can change it at any time. If they go under because of it, it really is their own fault. We aren't forcing it upon them.

Edit: Also, they use the policy as a sales tactic. I don't know how many times I've purchased something and the rep stated I had 30 days (60 now) to price match it if I see a lower price.

#4826 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

It's their policy and they can change it at any time. If they go under because of it, it really is their own fault. We aren't forcing it upon them.

Edit: Also, they use the policy as a sales tactic. I don't know how many times I've purchased something and the rep stated I had 30 days (60 now) to price match it if I see a lower price.

It's sad that you and many others feel that way. It's this kind of mentality that caused Amazon to stop doing post sale price adjustments on a regular basis. Too many people were contacting them asking for $1-$2 adjustments on a daily basis and they finally stopped the program completely with a few exceptions like televisions. How about being reasonable and not trying to squeeze every retailer for every possible penny? I guess we can have this conversation again during Best Buy's going out of business sale.

#4827 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

What mentality? Following a company wide policy is not our fault. Abusing deals in ways that the company did not intend is a problem. Legit price matches are not.

#4828 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's sad that you and many others feel that way. It's this kind of mentality that caused Amazon to stop doing post sale price adjustments on a regular basis. Too many people were contacting them asking for $1-$2 adjustments on a daily basis and they finally stopped the program completely with a few exceptions like televisions. How about being reasonable and not trying to squeeze every retailer for every possible penny? I guess we can have this conversation again during Best Buy's going out of business sale.

Since when did we start accusing other CAGs doing legit things of being shady? Might as well not even post any deals and pay for everything msrp since businesses cannot manage themselves.

#4829 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Especially when we inevitably have another, lower sale on this title w/in the next 30/60 days (silver). No way is $2 worth the trip now.

That's why i didn't push or care about getting more than 10$ kmart match (ie for Gaming coupon). I'd be surprised if this doesn't hit at least $40 in 60 days.

#4830 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

You argued my point, you know that right? Amazon had a policy that they thought effected their bottom line, so they changed it. Best Buy has that same right. If Best Buy continues to advertise the PM policy (and offer an extended one for being a loyal customer), people are going to continue to use it. It's sad that you can't see that.

Edited by advanced, 02 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.