Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5101 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

How come I don't see any reference to BLACK OPS II on Best Buy websites for the $20 bonus?

It SHOULD be showing on the RZ website when you are signed in but with the updates for the 2013 new titles, this was accidentally taken down. That will get updated but it is taking longer than planned.

Be ABSOLUTELY ASSURED that Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 (360 and PS3 versions of these) are all part of this promotion.

#5102 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

For my last two preorders, ACIII and RE6, I never got a "it's ready for pickup" email. I got the email the evening before with the bar code and just showed that email to the guy at the service desk. The pickup went w/o a hitch. I wouldn't worry about getting an email tonight/tomorrow.

In a worst case scenario, you could just bring in your RZ card and order confirmation and they should be able to find it.

Yes, but you still have to get the e-mail saying "your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow" and none of us got that either. If you don't get the notice, it means they haven't received the inventory at the store and your order hasn't been processed for pickup, at least if you preordered online. They may still have enough copies, but given that many of us want the $20 preorder credit, we aren't looking to mess with things and its possible the online order copies haven't been received at the stores yet, especially if people who preordered online for shipping with express service still haven't seen theirs ship yet. This is very worrying on a number of levels.

#5103 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Not sure if this was ever answered...
I tried to do a price match today on MoH. The new system wouldn't allow my CS person to do it. She then processed it like an Exchange and claimed that it shouldn't affect any promotions on it. Should I be concerned?

#5104 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I tried to do a price match today on MoH. The new system wouldn't allow my CS person to do it. She then processed it like an Exchange and claimed that it shouldn't affect any promotions on it. Should I be concerned?

I don't think you should be, seeing as how that's how the transaction for pickup is normally done anyway. I just had a return/rebuy done (apparently) on an NBA 2K13 PM and I'm waiting for the verdict on that one.

#5105 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Read the thread. This has been covered directly and in-directly.

#5106 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

We should re-title this: Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012 YES BLOPS2 IS INCLUDED

#5107 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

We should re-title this: Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012 YES BLOPS2 IS INCLUDED

Wait what's BLOPS2? And does anyone know if the new modern warfare has the promo still? I don't see it on the website anymore..

#5108 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Wait what's BLOPS2? And does anyone know if the new modern warfare has the promo still? I don't see it on the website anymore..

You got me on that one...I chuckled after I realized you were messing around. At first I was really confused. :)
Posted Image

#5109 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Looks like dumbass people on Ebay are paying $20 and up to $35 for the Best Buy armor set on Ebay. Probably want to list it now if you selling it before the flood comes. Get it the flood.....thanks i'll be here all week. Shoulda know it'd be worth something retarded, I promised my code to a kid at work. He's the biggest Halo fanboy I know haha.

Got the night off unexpectedly so looks like i'll be at Best Buy at midnight after all. Halo this week, CoD next taking bets on the worst crowds I say twice as many for CoD.

#5110 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Dam that is just insane. Good for those who are not doing so well with money. I am giving my code away. Although I wish I could capitalize on it.

Looks like dumbass people on Ebay are paying $20 and up to $35 for the Best Buy armor set on Ebay. Probably want to list it now if you selling it before the flood comes. Get it the flood.....thanks i'll be here all week. Shoulda know it'd be worth something retarded, I promised my code to a kid at work. He's the biggest Halo fanboy I know haha.

Got the night off unexpectedly so looks like i'll be at Best Buy at midnight after all. Halo this week, CoD next taking bets on the worst crowds I say twice as many for CoD.

#5111 milehighshooter

milehighshooter

MASTER PRESTIGE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

if I pre order halo4 in one store can I pick up in a different store ?

#5112 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep my blops 2 le preorder or just get the standard edition. I'm pretty sure it'll be harder to pm the Le over the regular copy. :/

#5113 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep my blops 2 le preorder or just get the standard edition. I'm pretty sure it'll be harder to pm the Le over the regular copy. :/

True. But the enterprising person would see the opportunity to sell all of the exclusive items in the LE to help pay for the game.

I'm not doing it though. Nuketown Zombies 4 life.

#5114 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

I don't think so since they are holding your copy at the original store... You don't wanna cancel that one either as that's your $20 credit one.

Dam that is just insane. Good for those who are not doing so well with money. I am giving my code away. Although I wish I could capitalize on it.

Say $15-20 after fees for the codes + $20 credit + $40 trade in value minimum = free rental and profit even if you don't care much about Halo. I'm happy with the game for $40 he can have my codes.

#5115 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

If I'm doing a pre-order/store pickup online they don't charge you till you pick it up right? I think they might be a hold on the money for the pre-order on your card? I want to trade in a couple games tomorrow before picking it up to pay for it.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#5116 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

If I'm doing a pre-order/store pickup online they don't charge you till you pick it up right? I think they might be a hold on the money for the pre-order on your card? I want to trade in a couple games tomorrow before picking it up to pay for it.

Sounds right, I don't think they actually charge you till you pick it up and show the card you ordered with and then ring it out but WE could be wrong...

#5117 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Just got confirmation from the Best Buy forum that my Halo 4 LE preorder should be just fine when I go to pick it up tonight. Good luck to everyone else in picking up theirs as well!

#5118 te619

te619

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I did it with Assassin's Creed. It took a little longer than normal, but it went through and my points are pending.

#5119 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

IIRC with debit cards they put a pending charge on your account from the time you place the order and with credit cards they might not do that..
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#5120 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

I don't know if they'll let you change the form of payment AND keep your preorder. I always get double talk when I want to do something with an in-store pickup order.

#5121 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

IIRC with debit cards they put a pending charge on your account from the time you place the order and with credit cards they might not do that..

they put a pending charge with a cc.

#5122 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

I can't tell if my BBY is doing midnight. Their page says nothing, their store isn't answering the phones. They are worthless right now.
Posted Image

#5123 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Does anyone think I could still pre-order the CoD: BLOPS2 Hardened Edition in store? It's available online, but says unavailable for my store when I check stock.

#5124 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

None of my stores were doing the midnight release around me so guess I will have to wait and no poster :cry:

#5125 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Finally bothered to pre-order Black Ops II online. Last time I pre-ordered a game (Max Payne 3), I ended up with free release date delivery.

#5126 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Finally bothered to pre-order Black Ops II online. Last time I pre-ordered a game (Max Payne 3), I ended up with free release date delivery.

Was it listed as free release date delivery, or was it delivered on release day when you picked some standard shipping?

#5127 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

None of my stores were doing the midnight release around me so guess I will have to wait and no poster :cry:

I didn't go to the Borderlands 2 midnight release and they had boxes of posters when I went to pick up my copy after work. Halo is arguably way more popular but I wouldn't be surprised if you get one when picking it up.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#5128 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

I didn't go to the Borderlands 2 midnight release and they had boxes of posters when I went to pick up my copy after work. Halo is arguably way more popular but I wouldn't be surprised if you get one when picking it up.

Yeah I went to my local best buy today that isn't doing a midnight release and they STILL had a stack of borderlands 2 poster and Halo 4 posters

#5129 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

What about the inflatable heads?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5130 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png