Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6026 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5131 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Anyone know if I'll have any problems picking up my Halo 4 in the morning as far as not having the credit card that it was paid with originally? I still got to pay the remaining taxes since tax wasn't applied when I did my b2g1 free the other day.

#5132 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

For Fuck's sake my online order just got cancelled because apparently it was "unable to verify your information" even though I double checked everything to make sure

it was correct. I even called customer service and they said I won't be able to place any orders for a couple days because of the cancellation. Now I can't get the $20

GC, just perfect.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#5133 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.

I pre-ordered in-store several months back and the 1000 points are posted on my account. It was way back when they offered the Steelbook case with a $5 deposit.
Posted Image

#5134 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Anyone know if I'll have any problems picking up my Halo 4 in the morning as far as not having the credit card that it was paid with originally? I still got to pay the remaining taxes since tax wasn't applied when I did my b2g1 free the other day.

Haven't been asked to show my form of payment in over a year at my BBY. Usually just an ID and/or the order number.

#5135 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Is there anyone who preordered Assassin's Creed III before they implemented the $20 RZ certificate (like half a year ago) and had their points posted? I'm getting a little paranoia with it not being posted (not even pending). What's worse is that I also made another preorder in that same order (Bioshock Infinite). I'm starting to think I should just cancel that Bioshock Infinite preorder and make a new one to avoid any trouble.

I preordered back in mar/apr and my points posted fine...I even PM at pick up.

#5136 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

I preordered back in mar/apr and my points posted fine...I even PM at pick up.

I pre-ordered in-store several months back and the 1000 points are posted on my account. It was way back when they offered the Steelbook case with a $5 deposit.

Thanks. I'm giving them this whole week and if the points don't get posted then, I'm giving CS a call. I keep thinking that my PM over the phone screwed things up.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#5137 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

If I preorder Halo 4 right now on BB's website will I still get the $20 coupon?

#5138 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Not for my area. It's still available for pre-order on the website, but was just curious.

#5139 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Last time I pre ordered at 8:30pm down to last minute for assassins creed the night before. Don't risk it. If your going To pre order do it now. As long it states the $20 gift cert in cart you should be find, take a print screen just in case. That's what I did.

If I preorder Halo 4 right now on BB's website will I still get the $20 coupon?

#5140 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

So if my cashier fucked up and had to void my first Halo 4 preorder redemption transaction will it negate my 1000 points?

uc.png

#5141 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Not for my area. It's still available for pre-order on the website, but was just curious.

yup theyre on central time, so you have about 20 minutes.

#5142 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Last time I pre ordered at 8:30pm down to last minute for assassins creed the night before. Don't risk it. If your going To pre order do it now. As long it states the $20 gift cert in cart you should be find, take a print screen just in case. That's what I did.

I didn't see the cert anywhere but on the main page, but it did show the pre-order bonuses. Never done a pre-order online so I don't know how it's supposed to work.

#5143 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

It should state "20 gift certificate" alongside the dlc "raptor..." "helmet" good luck. Your cutting it close.

I didn't see the cert anywhere but on the main page, but it did show the pre-order bonuses. Never done a pre-order online so I don't know how it's supposed to work.

#5144 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

if it has the preorder bonuses, youll get the cert. Its never mentioned the $20 cert in the cart for me, and Ive ordered 4 of the promotion games online so far.

#5145 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Well, I preordered BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I just noticed that the employee forgot to input my RZ information for the BO2 preorder (a different employee handled the GTA V one). :bomb: Looks like I'll have to handle that on Wednesday. I'm glad I caught that now before it was too late, though. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5146 bnl11311

bnl11311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

I went to the West Hartford CT midnight release for halo 4. I'm happy they did it I guess but the employees there were so awful, people were cutting and those that pre-ordered were left waiting for half hour to 45 minutes. Honestly probably the last time I pre-order from best buy for any big games. I really can't wait to call customer service and let them know how my silver reward card is going elsewhere this black friday b/c I have no faith in the people best buy employs. I thought I would feel better getting home but the experience was just so bad it really took something out of what should have been a really fun night

#5147 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

So the DLC should be emailed and not printed on receipt this time right?

#5148 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

They should do both but maybe the email is only for RZ members. It is definitely on the receipt though.

uc.png

#5149 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Wow best buy realllyyyy fucked me over.First off, there was two lines, one for ppl who preordered and one for ppl purchasing it (idk it was confusing as hell). I was in the line for PO, then this hoe yells out "everyone who made a .com order has to come tomorrow because our system won't let us get info on the .com orders. I just said no biggie, I'll wait in the purchase line, (which was literally 10 times longer than the PO line), and I'll just buy it now and just return my .com order tomorrow. When they handed me my halo 4 console, there was this huge dent on one corner of the box and I asked politely if I could switch it with another box they had there sitting on the counter but they said that thery were all reserved and that if she did do that then I would have all that persons information. So I just took it since I didn't feel like hastling with anymore of her BS. Got home, open the box, there's a huge crack on Xbox right where the dent was. Now I feel like I'm SOL since there's like no more of these Xboxs since she said all the ones she had were reserved and I imagine its like that at all the other best buys.

I'm definately gonna be keeping the batteries and the DLC inside the game and returning it tomorrow lol. Worst best buy experience EVERR

Edit: and on top of all that, I just realized I won't be able to play halo tonight since I won't have any of my game saves once I return this

#5150 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Couldn't you use a cloud save for tonight?

#5151 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Couldn't you use a cloud save for tonight?

Idk could I? I haven't had an Xbox for awhile so I don't have any idea what cloud save is but I imagine its sort of like apples cloud save deal maybe?

#5152 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

I don't see why you couldn't, just make sure you set it for the cloud when you first start up. Then, when you get your other Xbox just copy your save from your cloud to the hdd. No biggie. Thank you cloud save.

Idk could I? I haven't had an Xbox for awhile so I don't have any idea what cloud save is but I imagine its sort of like apples cloud save deal maybe?

#5153 htz

htz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

I just realized the controller that comes with the halo 4 console is exclusive to the console bundle. The one being sold individually in store has the words NSC on them. The console exclusive controller is also going for a lot more on eBay.

I decided to also check on the availability of the halo 4 console bundle, looks like its OOS everywhere online except for amazon right now. Saw some dude on ebay sold just the console by itself for $250, just imagine how much you could make flipping the fotus DLC plus the controller separately lol.

*rushes off to pre-order another halo 4 console on amazon*

#5154 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I reallyyy hope I can find another halo console

Sry for the rant guys its just best buys customer service is closed and I have the worst patience ever to get things straightened out

Yeah the crack maybe isn't as huge as I described in my above post but still, not what you expect when you drop $350 on limited edition console

#5155 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

my dlc was on the reciept

#5156 htz

htz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Sry for the rant guys its just best buys customer service is closed and I have the worst patience ever to get things straightened out

Yeah the crack maybe isn't as huge as I described in my above post but still, not what you expect when you drop $350 on limited edition console

Maybe you should pre-order one from amazon just to be safe. Only 5 left from amazon as I write this.

Edit: amazon added 500 more.

Edited by htz, 06 November 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#5157 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

My store got a lot of these consoles in, and few of them were preordered. I'd say if you get to a store who didn't do a midnight release at opening or soon after you'll have an easy time replacing the busted system.
631261.png

#5158 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since you already had a console preordered @ bb couldnt you just return the busted one (and keep the dlc n batteries) and pick up your "on hold" bundle?

#5159 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

halo fanboys...
bought the limited edition of halo 4 for $108 with tax
just sold the dlc of halo 4 limited edition for $71 and the venator raptor armor for $28.with ebay fees ill make around $75-$80. Which means i basically spent $28 for halo 4 on launch day and iget to keep all the physical goodies. i will also get the $20 reward zone credit so i basically got this game for a net $8

#5160 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Since you already had a console preordered @ bb couldnt you just return the busted one (and keep the dlc n batteries) and pick up your "on hold" bundle?

Oh I forgot to say in my above post that when she said that she couldn't look up .com orders, she meant for ppl who only bought the game so she ended up pulling up my Xbox bundle when i was finally able to talk to her at the register